Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » WWFC » Match day stickies

Share On:

Post Posted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:52 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

So it's Sunday this week but no going up the Arsenal for any fans yet.

I guess Coady will be picked so probably back to 5 in defence, especially as it's away. At least the gunners aren't firing any better than us up front right now. I would like to see Marcal in ahead of Ait Nouri and I think Neto is deserving of a start ahead of Traore or Podence but we will have to wait and see.

A 1-0 to the Wanderers would be good. A bloke can dream can't he?

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post Posted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:55 pm 
Manager
Manager

I'll be surprised if we score more than 1 ! I can see a carbon copy of the Southampton game, but this game provides an opportunity with an Arsenal side who have the same goal scoring issues as us.

Arsenal 1-1 Wolves

P.s. Jota has scored as many goals at Libpool as we have this season...

Post Posted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:45 pm 
Manager
Manager

Rui

Semedo
Coady
Boly
Marcal

Donk
Mouthinho

Traore
Podence
Neto

Jimenez.

4-2-3-1...???? Or 3-5-2..??? No Kilman..

Post Posted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:55 pm 
First XI
First XI

A team with attacking intent. 3-5-2 I reckon. Praying for 3 points here although a draw would be fine for me.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:36 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

oh fck, Traore on from the start - also had hoped the talk of 4 at the back was just to flumux Arsenal and their set up. Didn't think we looked that sure against Southampton, but I know they had excuses. Nice if we could score more than 1 for a change.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 8:24 pm 
Manager
Manager

Unbelievable that David Luis is allowed to continue amid all the discussion around heading the ball
Raul sent straight to Hospital

Post Posted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:49 pm 
First XI
First XI

Very good performance. Slowly but surely improving with our new system. Great 3 points.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 10:02 pm 
Manager
Manager

Great 3 points. Coady was our best defender by far and Neto ran his heart out. The kid is not ready for first team football. Hope and pray Raul's injury isn't serious.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 10:28 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

A much more watchable performance than many of late although we suddenly went into hold on to it mode with 20 minutes to go and that wasn't good. An excellent 3 points but overshadowed by the injury to Jiminez. Let's hope and pray that it is not too serious.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 10:30 pm 
Manager
Manager

Fantastic result, finally a victory down there.

Interesting starting formation that meant we were a lot more attacking, but perhaps less solid at the back. We could have scored more than 2, but there were a few close shaves in defence. The last 15 minutes was back to sitting back which felt a little unnecessary, but we did enough to get the deserved victory over the line.

Hopefully Raul is not too serious, though Silva acquitted himself pretty well, albeit never looked like scoring a goal.

Introducing Mr Jeff Shi – Executive chairman, board member, acting managing director, acting sporting director, unofficial deputy to Raul Jimenez in the striker department and confirmed Banks's drinker

Post Posted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 11:37 pm 
Manager
Manager

Game overshadowed by Raul's shocking injury, I heard the noise in real time on TV and thought: "What on earth was that..?" If he's out of action for some prolonged time, we need a loan signing asap in January as Fabio is way off the pace at present, not his fault as he is slowly adapting to football a few grades above what he has played in before joining us. Thought we were the better side for an hour before going deeper into defence and attracting them on to us. However, Rui did not have too much to do, so effective were the defenders in front of him, sterling work. Neto and Moutinho vying for MOM, both outstanding. First win at Arsenal for 41 years, a deserved win before facing the hurricane at Anfield next weekend. The system change by Nuno has increased our attacking options by no small matter and it's good to behold, we'll win a few and lose a few but we are watchable once again.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 1:24 am 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Must have been horrible for Raul's family watching that, nevermind his team mates and the rest of us... Hope he's okay and back playing in the very near future.

As for the rest of the game, despite Jota's exploits for the bin dippers, I remain convinced it was absolutely the correct decision to let him go to allow Neto to blossom. I expect Neto's stats this season to absolutely wipe the floor with Jota's from last season. The lad just seems to get better every time I see him and he had their full back on toast all game. Adama & Podence also caused lots of problems and the little touch over the defender for the second goal was sublime. I've said it before, but Podence is going to be a very important player for us..

Overall a good team performance, although we still seem to settle a bit too easily for the single goal victory which can be snatched away all too easily.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:11 am 
Manager
Manager

Fantastic performance, tarnished, but not spoiled by reverting to 'The Alamo', a tactic I thought we'd lost with Mad Mick. Arsenal'a attack a blunt instrument, I hope and prey Nuno reverted to the penalty-box, panic mode, with that in mind.

Our young lads are fantastic Just imagine how good they'll be with a season or two's experience? Good times coming.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:44 am 
Manager
Manager

CANNOCK WOLF wrote:
Unbelievable that David Luis is allowed to continue amid all the discussion around heading the ball
Raul sent straight to Hospital

Also surprising that he wasn’t given at least a yellow for that reckless headbutt. VAR should have intervened about that as they should have over the Traore yellow which was clearly a penalty.

The Liquidator... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m0yny9f0MY&NR=1

Post Posted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:45 am 
Manager
Manager

gladbachwolf wrote:
Game overshadowed by Raul's shocking injury, I heard the noise in real time on TV and thought: "What on earth was that..?" If he's out of action for some prolonged time, we need a loan signing asap in January as Fabio is way off the pace at present, not his fault as he is slowly adapting to football a few grades above what he has played in before joining us. Thought we were the better side for an hour before going deeper into defence and attracting them on to us. However, Rui did not have too much to do, so effective were the defenders in front of him, sterling work. Neto and Moutinho vying for MOM, both outstanding. First win at Arsenal for 41 years, a deserved win before facing the hurricane at Anfield next weekend. The system change by Nuno has increased our attacking options by no small matter and it's good to behold, we'll win a few and lose a few but we are watchable once again.

Goodman was out for 6 months following his cracked skull and I expect the same for Raul.

On another note, Arsenal haven’t beaten us often since that 1979 match where my wife was spat at by Arsenal fans so refused to go to another game with me. Twats!

Remember the game when Arsenal players surrounded the ref to get a player sent of in the last 10 minutes and then snatched a very late winner - also the game when Naylor (or was it Keogh?) went for glory but lost the ball in midfield and then they scored on the counter in the last minute?

Post Posted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:17 pm 
Manager
Manager

SELWolf wrote:
Remember the game when Arsenal players surrounded the ref to get a player sent of in the last 10 minutes and then snatched a very late winner - also the game when Naylor (or was it Keogh?) went for glory but lost the ball in midfield and then they scored on the counter in the last minute?

We actually drew the match in which we got the red in (Milijas wasn't it?), but the 10 men situation certainly ensured the Alamo for the last 20 minutes.

The last minute defeat was two seasons earlier. Keogh pointlessly tried to lob their keeper who was barely a metre off his line, rather than run into the corners and hold the ball. I'm not sure he played again for us after that(?). Nicklas Bendtner eventually headed it in but there were a lot of lost balls in between Keogh's shot and the goal.

Introducing Mr Jeff Shi – Executive chairman, board member, acting managing director, acting sporting director, unofficial deputy to Raul Jimenez in the striker department and confirmed Banks's drinker

Post Posted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:39 pm 
Manager
Manager

A deserved victory, shame we didn't finish them off. Best performance of the season, and Arsenal's flapping at the back was summed up by Rob Holding's comment about Traore going down https://www.trollfootball.me/videos/view/rob-holding-hes-built-like-a-brick-shithouse-hows-he-gone

Gutted for Raul, but right now I just hope he makes a full recovery without any long term side effects. Mexico will miss him as much as us, but let's just hope he fully recovers. In the meantime, the stage is set for young Fabio so let's see if he can unleash his potential, starting at Anfield...

Post Posted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:56 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Obviously the number one priority is looking after Jiminez and hopefully he will be able to come back from this - perhaps next season. Just thinking about the match after that though, I felt that Semedo and Marcal looked much more comfortable as full backs rather than wing backs, and this new formation probably suits them both. Ait Nouri is probably better as cover at this stage. It will be interesting to see if Nuno risks the new formation at Anfield. Silva did better than I expected him too, he probably lacks a bit of "presence" at the moment and needs to adapt to the pace of this league but I did feel that his positional sense looked good and he held up and turned with the ball a couple of times - maybe an extended run will see him develop fast. The alternative would be a short term option in the January window (is Sagbo still available?) or maybe we have the option to recall Mir ( I think Cutrone has already blown it with Nuno).

Neto and Podence look like they can give anyone trouble in this formation and it allows Podence to be more involved in the middle. I thought Moutinho was done a couple of weeks back but he was back to his best last night - hope he can keep going.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:00 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

I think Silva needs to join Traore's gym bubble.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:22 pm 
Manager
Manager

Embers wrote:
A deserved victory, shame we didn't finish them off. Best performance of the season, and Arsenal's flapping at the back was summed up by Rob Holding's comment about Traore going down https://www.trollfootball.me/videos/view/rob-holding-hes-built-like-a-brick-shithouse-hows-he-gone

Gutted for Raul, but right now I just hope he makes a full recovery without any long term side effects. Mexico will miss him as much as us, but let's just hope he fully recovers. In the meantime, the stage is set for young Fabio so let's see if he can unleash his potential, starting at Anfield...

If that came before the penalty area incident perhaps it influenced his decision to give him a yellow for diving/dissembling.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:02 pm 
First XI
First XI

I have watched the collision several times in slow motion. No doubt in my mind Luiz was reckless in the extreme, smashing his forehead into Raul's right temple. He wouldn't be on my Christmas card list if he'd done that to me.

Board index » WWFC » Match day stickies