Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » WWFC » Match day stickies

Share On:

Post Posted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:43 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Well we can at least forget about the league for a few days and concentrate on winning the FA cup. How many players will we have available with 6 injuries and counting to first team squad players? At least we have MGW back to add strength in attack!

Do we go all out for this or do we hold a bit back to make sure we have something left for the PL game in midweek where we certainly need to start getting a few results? Palace failed to deal with our width a few weeks back, will they have got wise and make sure we don't have that space this time? I would like us to just attack, attack, attack, with all those proven goal scorers we have. Perhaps win by six or lose by six who knows.

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:12 am 
Manager
Manager

Put mostly the under 23 team out, with Coady as senior player and captain, save the rest for Everton and Shit home games, do not need any more injuries at all as things stand, Podence out for a few weeks too now with a calf injury..lose Neto and we would be well and truly stuffed.

My team:

Sondergaard

Otasowi
Coady
Kilman

Perry
Cundle
Gibbs-White
Vitinha
Richards

Shabani
Corbeanu.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:49 pm 
Manager
Manager

gladbachwolf wrote:
Put mostly the under 23 team out, with Coady as senior player and captain, save the rest for Everton and Shit home games, do not need any more injuries at all as things stand, Podence out for a few weeks too now with a calf injury..lose Neto and we would be well and truly stuffed.

My team:

Sondergaard

Otasowi
Coady
Kilman

Perry
Cundle
Gibbs-White
Vitinha
Richards

Shabani
Corbeanu.

Good call. Let's see what the future looks like

Post Posted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:03 pm 
Manager
Manager

I agree, give the kids a bit of playing time. Don`t think it`s Nuno`s style though.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:26 pm 
Manager
Manager

Starting with:

Ruddy

Semedo
Coady
Saiss
Ait-Nouri

Neves
Donk
Moutinho

Traore
Silva
Neto.

Subs: Rui, Hoever, Gibbs-White, Vitinha, Cutrone, Richards, Kilman, Otasowie, Corbeanu.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:30 pm 
First XI
First XI

A decent enough team on paper. Fancy us to nick it, say 2-1. Hope Cutrone bags the winner.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:56 pm 
Manager
Manager

Both teams going for it by the looks. Hope the returnees get a go at some point.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:56 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

WTF can't Traore shoot like that more often - didn't think he had it in him tbh.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:05 pm 
Manager
Manager

Looking very comfortable for now. Please Roy, keep Zaha on the bench and I`ll be happy!

Post Posted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:09 pm 
Manager
Manager

That'll do nicely, thank you. Palace did not get a shot on target, deservedly through.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:14 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

I guess a wins a win, and doesn't look like we picked up any injuries. Couple of old faces turned out. Silva given more minutes, but I couldn't see him getting Traore's goal in a month of Sundays, and as to his heading abilities! I think he has attended the Gary Lineker school of Heading. Biggest plus was probably the return of the Donk. At least Ruddy had so little to do he couldn't drop any clangers.

Could we please have a nice easy Round 4?

Post Posted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:56 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

We could do with Palace again. We've played them twice and they have been our two easiest games of the season so far.

I get the feeling that Woy wasn't particularly bothered about this one.

Post Posted: Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:10 am 
Manager
Manager

On sites with less reasoned commentators, all they talk about is the Kid's miss. Inside he must be thanking the Covid Gods. Without them, our so called loyal support, would ruin his life.

Post Posted: Sat Jan 09, 2021 1:22 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

suiging wrote:
On sites with less reasoned commentators, all they talk about is the Kid's miss. Inside he must be thanking the Covid Gods. Without them, our so called loyal support, would ruin his life.

The management need to find a way to keep his confidence up. He has been thrown in far before it was intended and he probably isn't physically ready yet. He does seem to get into good positions and make decent runs at times so he just needs time to develop. How old was Bully when he was "rejected" by Albion because he wasn't good enough. Harry Kane scored his first league goal at 20. There's time if people are patient. It doesn't take long for some to turn, I well remember Bully receiving abuse in a match because he had a bad day (against Bolton I think).

Post Posted: Sat Jan 09, 2021 1:27 pm 
Manager
Manager

suiging wrote:

True enough but he just needs a good goal to fire up his confidence. He came here expecting to spend most of the season adjusting to life in a new country and different style of football at a very higher level than he had played in before. Suddenly, he was our only recognised striker at the club, a really daunting prospect indeed. Failure to replace Jota before or after his sale left us down to the bare bones and with Jimenez shouldering the burden up top on his own. Give him a year or so to gradually adjust and settle in properly, remember the first season over here of Didier Drogba..??? Total pants then world beater..

Board index » WWFC » Match day stickies