Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » WWFC » Match day stickies

Share On:

Post Posted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:24 am 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

A second date in 3 days on Valentine's day. I hope we fancy them a bit more this time. Given the starting line up last night it seems that we are prioritising the league so now is the chance to show it on Sunday.

If Semedo, Neto, Traore, Patricio, Coady and Jose all start it will be a different team playing them, (won't it?) and maybe we've lulled them into a false sense of security.

I don't expect we will put 9 past them somehow but at least a more competitive showing would be appreciated .

Come on lads, we still need 3 or 4 more wins before I can breathe easily.

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:07 pm 
Manager
Manager

I am not feeling confident at all. That shitshower last night left me depressed and gobsmacked by the tame surrender.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 2:52 pm 
Manager
Manager

Been to many square pegs in round holes this season for my liking, and the young uns don`t fill me with confidence. Nuno`s going to be fighting for his job before too long if he isn`t careful, if he still wants it.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:54 pm 
Manager
Manager

I really don't see how last night's game could have improved our already fragile confidence in any way, while Southampton's probably went up a notch.

Without confidence you will struggle to win a game of football at this level.

The collective work of the coaches and the players have done nothing to suggest to me that we will suddenly be capable of scoring goals. At best we will scrape a draw unless the players really shake themselves out of this funk.

Introducing Mr Jeff Shi – Executive chairman, board member, acting managing director, acting sporting director, unofficial deputy to Raul Jimenez in the striker department and confirmed Banks's drinker

Post Posted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:19 pm 
Manager
Manager

gladbachwolf wrote:
I am not feeling confident at all. That shitshower last night left me depressed and gobsmacked by the tame surrender.

It wasn’t much fun was it? :cry:

The Liquidator... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m0yny9f0MY&NR=1

Post Posted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:24 pm 
Manager
Manager

desiwulf wrote:
Been to many square pegs in round holes this season for my liking, and the young uns don`t fill me with confidence. Nuno`s going to be fighting for his job before too long if he isn`t careful, if he still wants it.

In all honesty, Desi, I’m glad I haven’t been to any this season. The thought of travelling home on the train for a minimum of 3 1/2 hours after watching most of the games would make me feel significantly worse than I normally am after a match.

Moan over - let’s look forward to Sunday. :)

Post Posted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:27 pm 
Manager
Manager

Nuno owes the fans BIG time, first that pathetic display against Albion, then last night's pathetic surrender against a struggling Southampton. I don't give a shit about his 'solutions', now that we've flushed our chance to get to the Cup semis down the shitter, he better play our best team and send them out on the pitch with a positive intent. I don't want to see any more negative crap and crawling to half-time at 0-0. Nuno must be party to our awful transfer dealings so this is partly his mess, and he better sort it out, starting on Sunday. I can take the odd bad day at the office, but this season has been unacceptable for the majority of our games. Over to you Nuno.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 7:19 pm 
Manager
Manager

Embers wrote:
Nuno owes the fans BIG time, first that pathetic display against Albion, then last night's pathetic surrender against a struggling Southampton. I don't give a shit about his 'solutions', now that we've flushed our chance to get to the Cup semis down the shitter, he better play our best team and send them out on the pitch with a positive intent. I don't want to see any more negative crap and crawling to half-time at 0-0. Nuno must be party to our awful transfer dealings so this is partly his mess, and he better sort it out, starting on Sunday. I can take the odd bad day at the office, but this season has been unacceptable for the majority of our games. Over to you Nuno.

But this, in a nutshell, is the Nuno game plan and he will not vary from it, it is part of his DNA.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:51 pm 
Wolves Reserve
Wolves Reserve

We can play the first team... but it'll still be dire boredom from what I've already witnessed this season.

What a complete collapse, fcuk me last season we were afraid of NO-ONE .. this season we're shitting ourselves playing Flum, Brighton and the like..

Heads must roll!

Post Posted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:22 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Is there a game this weekend? Don't think I could be arsed with it... The season's gone. Wake me up in August.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:13 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

What a pile of wank.

It must be great being a footballer. Imagine any other job where you can be utterly inept, lack any real enthusiasm or drive, try to achieve nothing and produce nothing of worth or value and still get paid shitloads of money for your wanktitude.

if Semedo is a defender my cock must be at least 14 inches long.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:23 pm 
Manager
Manager

Time to think the unthinkable... taxi for Nuno?

He just doesn't seem to have any answers whatsoever. One player's injury shouldn't derail the club so badly, no matter how good that player is.

Introducing Mr Jeff Shi – Executive chairman, board member, acting managing director, acting sporting director, unofficial deputy to Raul Jimenez in the striker department and confirmed Banks's drinker

Post Posted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:25 pm 
Manager
Manager

The product is shit and the customers don't want it.
Vitinha and fabio will come on...once Nuno has tied their laces for them.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 2:07 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

2 teams with same problem - they can't produce the same performance in both halves. Thankfully for us (so far). The lack of pressing like they were doing to us on Thursday, makes me wonder if they exhausted themselves to win that. We don't look half as panicked coming out of defence today.

Oh and did I mention - No Netto, No Wolves - what a player.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 2:18 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

My half time team talk did the trick.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 2:18 pm 
Manager
Manager

The second half performance is indicative of their capabilities.
We can only presume they follow instructions and are stifled accordingly.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 2:21 pm 
Manager
Manager

Phew!

What a difference a goal made. Nuno did find the correct answer in switching Traore away from Semedo. I have always wondered why on earth you play two attacking, but defensively useless players on the same side, especially now that Jonny is back.

3 massive points, well done.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 2:43 pm 
Manager
Manager

TStarr wrote:
2 teams with same problem - they can't produce the same performance in both halves. Thankfully for us (so far). The lack of pressing like they were doing to us on Thursday, makes me wonder if they exhausted themselves to win that. We don't look half as panicked coming out of defence today.

Oh and did I mention - No Netto, No Wolves - what a player.

I think it will be no Neto next season. I`ll be amazed if none of the big teams come a courting in the summer. Rui was man of the match for me. 3 precious points.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 3:02 pm 
Wolves Reserve
Wolves Reserve

Jekyl and Hyde performance again but I'll take that well done boys... still pissed about the FA Cup tho...

Post Posted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 3:11 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Before the match on Amazon they analyzed how Semedo cant play with Traore whereas Doherty could. The first half showed exactly that. Neto made Semedo seem better and Traore bolstered the middle a bit after half time. They had played to double up on both Traore and Neto and weren't too bothered about the middle as there was only Jose getting near the box. The change just scuppered that.

We can play well in patches as the second half showed but we need to start doing it consistently. I must admit I didn't see too much difference between the penalty we got and the one they didn't. I won't cry though.

It was certainly a big step away from the relegation threat and a couple more wins should make sure.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 4:19 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Well, the first half was yet again totally unacceptable. If we want to transition into a team that's capable of troubling the top six, we need to learn to play for 90 minutes. Better teams would've be out of sight by half time.

A generous decision from the ref gifted us a route back into the game, although it was good work from Adama to get the ball to Semedo. Also, the first time ball from Neves to Neto for the second should be appreciated for the quality it was. And Neto once again proved that he's one of the top young players in the world with a superb goal. I foresee Real Madrid snapping him up and he'll become a superstar for them. He is that good. You heard it here first folks.

Nuno survived a real scare there. I would have feared for his future had we put in a second half that mirrored the first a'la Crystal Palace. I so want him to steer us through this tough period, as he has been magnificent for most of his time with us, but he doesn't half make it hard with these long periods of 'hopeless' and 'boring' football (to quote the pundits at half time).

Hopefully we can get some confidence off the back of that second half to push on for a top half finish.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 4:40 pm 
Manager
Manager

shropswolf wrote:
Phew!

What a difference a goal made. Nuno did find the correct answer in switching Traore away from Semedo. I have always wondered why on earth you play two attacking, but defensively useless players on the same side, especially now that Jonny is back.

A blatantly obvious flaw, so why start with it? We got out of jail today thanks to Southampton going walkabout in the second half. I think our penalty knocked the stuffing out of them and they never offered anything else apart from the the Adams chance. One positive, is that we've played them three times this season, and not once have we given Ward-Prowse a free-kick chance. Season over.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 4:56 pm 
Manager
Manager

45 minutes that saved our season from a relegation battle. Lost today and we would have been in deep poop. VAR for once was on our side, both penalty shouts were not pennos for me, Bertram could not get out of the way and Donk had his head down and eyes off the ball. But, when your form is pants, you need Lady Luck and today she showed up for us and turned the game. We are still not fluent enough nor convincing but the three points were massive. A big sigh of relief for sure...and some redemption for Nuno after the surrender of the Cup game and it's crazy starting line up. But as stated earlier on this thread, you just know that we will lose Neto in the summer. What a superb talent.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 5:22 pm 
Manager
Manager

shropswolf wrote:
Phew!

Excellent point, Shrops. However, would you admit to having had a change of opinion about Nuno at the end of the match?

Post Posted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 5:54 pm 
Prediction League Winner 2015/16
Prediction League Winner 2015/16

Big dose of luck against Arsenal - and we won.
Big dose of luck against Soton - and we won.

Now that our confidence seemed to come back in last 30 minutes perhaps we can start our season again? The first half was WOEFUL again. We have NO idea going forwards with NOTHING coming through from midfield. Neto & Traore just get the ball, put heads down, and run and hope.

Second half we created more space & allowed them to be more effective. Perhaps playing Leeds - with their open style - is a blessing? They will allow us much more space; Nuno need to tell the players to EXPLOIT it. And midfield player(s) & wingbacks need to get up in support of Jose. Poor guy is left just fighting on his own.

If we can create chances, he will score. So far he has not missed a single decent chance: he has forced 3 very good saves from GKs any of which might on another day go in. Let's get him some service!!

E Tenebris Oritur Lux - The Power of Positivity

Post Posted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 7:31 pm 
Manager
Manager

gladbachwolf wrote:
45 minutes that saved our season from a relegation battle. Lost today and we would have been in deep poop. VAR for once was on our side, both penalty shouts were not pennos for me, Bertram could not get out of the way and Donk had his head down and eyes off the ball. But, when your form is pants, you need Lady Luck and today she showed up for us and turned the game. We are still not fluent enough nor convincing but the three points were massive. A big sigh of relief for sure...and some redemption for Nuno after the surrender of the Cup game and it's crazy starting line up. But as stated earlier on this thread, you just know that we will lose Neto in the summer. What a superb talent.

If they sell Neto in the Summer, then we know where we stand in terms of Fosun's 'vision'.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 10:20 pm 
Manager
Manager

SELWolf wrote:
shropswolf wrote:
Phew!

Excellent point, Shrops. However, would you admit to having had a change of opinion about Nuno at the end of the match?

The half-time comment was less my opinion that Nuno should go, more nothing that maybe the point had been reached that the club would have reached the point by which they started to cast around for replacements. The first half really wasn't acceptable for a professional Premier League side.

I am delighted that we turned the result around in our favour in the second half, and even did so by playing some decent football and limiting Southampton to pretty much no response.

I have to say however that the penalty was - although always likely to be a penalty these days - a stroke of luck in that the ref immediately whistled for it. VAR alone wouldn't have given it. Southampton's rather brittle confidence was shown up in their non-response too.

Against a more confident side I fear we would still have difficulties in winning, I just don't think we've quite got our structure worked out just yet. The midfield is far too easily bypassed, far too often, while Dendoncker is really a klutz in all he does.

The results for the other sides below showed how vital it is that we keep the points tally ticking over now.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:41 pm 
Manager
Manager

shropswolf wrote:
SELWolf wrote:
shropswolf wrote:
Phew!

The half-time comment was less my opinion that Nuno should go, more nothing that maybe the point had been reached that the club would have reached the point by which they started to cast around for replacements. The first half really wasn't acceptable for a professional Premier League side.

I am delighted that we turned the result around in our favour in the second half, and even did so by playing some decent football and limiting Southampton to pretty much no response.

I have to say however that the penalty was - although always likely to be a penalty these days - a stroke of luck in that the ref immediately whistled for it. VAR alone wouldn't have given it. Southampton's rather brittle confidence was shown up in their non-response too.

Against a more confident side I fear we would still have difficulties in winning, I just don't think we've quite got our structure worked out just yet. The midfield is far too easily bypassed, far too often, while Dendoncker is really a klutz in all he does.

The results for the other sides below showed how vital it is that we keep the points tally ticking over now.

I was delighted with the win; at half time I couldn’t possibly magine who was going to be able to score and after the penalty said to some that it would take another penalty for us to win…but Neto provided that piece of memorable magic.

In truth, I honestly don’t think we should be beguiled by a couple of decent results of late. I reckon it’s going to be a long hard slog until the end of the season.

Board index » WWFC » Match day stickies