Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » WWFC » Match day stickies

Share On:

Post Posted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 5:03 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Seems a long time this time. Now we are on to the invincible Liverpool - oh. hang on a minute that's all changed now, they are in relegation form.

I think what we have to do is to avoid letting them settle and start feeling a bit more confident again. Up and at 'em from the start like Wolves do (not). They still seem to have a few injury problems and we will never get a better chance to take something from them, so why can't I get this niggling (a racist word apparently) feeling out of my mind. Jota is back now and we all know what happens with returning players, I still remember Alun Evans.

Let's hope it goes well. Come on you Wolves.

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 14, 2021 11:28 am 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Oh how I wish we would exploit their fragile confidence. But I think we all know that there is no chance of that. It'll be a first half of sitting back, barely any attacking intent and frankly boring football. Even though they are the league's whipping boys at the moment, Liverpool still have the quality to open us up and we will hand them the initiative to do just that, but in the hope they fail. That will allow us to have a 10 minute spell in the second half where we actually try and score by committing as many as 3 players forward. Or we might even score from a set piece.

Predict: Wolves 6 - 0 Liverpool with no more than 90 secs between any of the goals and Jota to score an OG.

Post Posted: Sun Mar 14, 2021 12:11 pm 
Manager
Manager

They looked better last time out against Leipzig and the long rest has probably done them some good. Jota will inevitably score against our defence.

A related question: When did a Wolves player ever manage to go back to his old club and score against them? We've certainly had plenty who have done it against us: Alun Evans, Robbie Keane, Chris Marsden, Kevin Keen, Keith Andrews, Michael Kightly, just off the top of my head...

You would think that against Liverpool's present defence a PL team would also inevitably score, but our tactic will no doubt be to hope Neto successfully completes a Maradona '86 run sometime during the game.

I think we need to get a point at least. We still need to get to 42 points to truly relax and just play for the hell of it. Keep the points tally ticking over week for week until then.

Introducing Mr Jeff Shi – Executive chairman, board member, acting managing director, acting sporting director, unofficial deputy to Raul Jimenez in the striker department and confirmed Banks's drinker

Post Posted: Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:36 pm 
Manager
Manager

shropswolf wrote:
They looked better last time out against Leipzig and the long rest has probably done them some good. Jota will inevitably score against our defence.

A related question: When did a Wolves player ever manage to go back to his old club and score against them? We've certainly had plenty who have done it against us: Alun Evans, Robbie Keane, Chris Marsden, Kevin Keen, Keith Andrews, Michael Kightly, just off the top of my head...

You would think that against Liverpool's present defence a PL team would also inevitably score, but our tactic will no doubt be to hope Neto successfully completes a Maradona '86 run sometime during the game.

I think we need to get a point at least. We still need to get to 42 points to truly relax and just play for the hell of it. Keep the points tally ticking over week for week until then.

Bully at the Poorthorns many moons ago...

Post Posted: Sun Mar 14, 2021 7:19 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Dicko v Rotherham.

Post Posted: Sun Mar 14, 2021 10:23 pm 
Manager
Manager

^ a couple of good shouts.

Thinking about it, I can remember Alex Rae scoring a last season goal against Millwall during the choke season and Craddock scored at Sunderland when we won 3-1 there in the final PL away game before the Blackburn nerve-shredder.

Introducing Mr Jeff Shi – Executive chairman, board member, acting managing director, acting sporting director, unofficial deputy to Raul Jimenez in the striker department and confirmed Banks's drinker

Post Posted: Sun Mar 14, 2021 11:00 pm 
Manager
Manager

Of course I’ll be watching but I’m already dreading the outcome.

The Liquidator... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m0yny9f0MY&NR=1

Post Posted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 5:30 pm 
Manager
Manager

I think I`ll copy and paste the below for all our remaining games.....

I`d take a point right now.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 6:39 pm 
Manager
Manager

The bin-dippers are there for the taking. Get in!

Post Posted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 8:45 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

We might win if Traore would play half as good as he thinks he is. Failed to get off a shot around 10 mins, and at 21mins ran with ball instead of playing in Willian - just v poor footballing brain.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:15 pm 
Manager
Manager

Well, it was written wore it? A little less passing back second half maybe? The Boly of old in that left sided centre back position. Can we have our old Jonny back please? Jose has looked a lot more involved today. Semedo too. Should have had a penalty early on, where`s VAR FFS?

Post Posted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:18 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Denied a penalty and our ex player scores against us - what a shock! :roll:

Post Posted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:33 pm 
Manager
Manager

Another depressingly predictable result.

5 players failed to win their challenge to stop Jota even taking the shot, then Patricio palms in a soft effort anyway.

In response, we fanny around to no effect, as typified by the final minutes of Wonderboy's latest closed eyes attempt at an aerial ball and the ball being free in front of goal but the opposition has time to flick the ball up and coolly kick it away under no pressure. Jose now 8 games without A SHOT AT GOAL.

Still 6 more points needed and it will be a long time coming unfortunately.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:40 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

It was actually much better than I feared. At least we tried to take them on and we're probably a bit unlucky to lose. I think Rui will be disappointed he didn't keep that one out to be honest.

It was a bit of a strange game... Lots of huff and puff, but not much quality from either side in the final third. Mis-placed passes all over the place. It had a bit of a dead rubber feel about it.

Anyway, 2 weeks to ponder over it and 9 games to get the 2 wins we need to see out this non event of a season.

Let's hope Rui comes back fighting fit as well.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:45 pm 
Manager
Manager

I hope Rui is ok. We need an attacking coach, seriously. Nuno hasn`t a clue how to respond when we go behind. I`m not saying get rid of Nuno but he needs a coach to help us in these situations. We`re so bad going forward it has turned Rual`s hair grey watching us.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:46 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

We will probably try to do it Desi's way - a point at a time. I can't bear it.

I did feel we were a bit unlucky today with 2 possible penalty shouts but our quality in the box is atrocious really.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:51 pm 
Manager
Manager

Silva should have shoved Dendonkey away and buried that header. Fecking useless cnut.
Ref was biased beyond belief. I'm a big fan of AT but it was club to club , same old , same old from him tonight.
We deserved a point.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:23 pm 
Manager
Manager

I have no idea why we brought Dendoncker on at all, unless we were just petrified of Neves getting a second yellow?

He just passes the buck on the ball and then pops up in the opposition box to make a total pig's ears of things. You might as well have thrown on Vitinha who might have pulled off a repeat of the Chorley goal, even if he looks pretty mediocre in general play.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:44 pm 
Manager
Manager

Happy with how we started the game for a change, and how we competed throughout the game in general. However, we continually gave the ball away for no reason, and when we did break and got in to some great positions, every time we made the wrong decision. Something really wrong...

So, that's 29 league games and we've scored 28 goals, so how we've got 35 points I'll never know :shock:

We somehow need to get a couple more wins from somewhere, and a draw or two, but who will score the goals is anyone's guess. Whilst Jose holds the ball up well enough and lays it off, like Silva, he too doesn't bust a gut to get ahead of his man when the ball comes in to the box, and that graft is a MUST in a Nuno team. I'll be surprised if we waste £20m on him, but then we've 'invested' £35m in The Kid, so maybe I shouldn't be, although Jose is not a Mendes client...

Post Posted: Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:18 pm 
Manager
Manager

Thought we deserved a point but for that we needed a penalty as in open play up top we were bankrupt again. Roll on summer, this season is one to flush down the bog.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:34 pm 
Manager
Manager

TStarr wrote:
We might win if Traore would play half as good as he thinks he is. Failed to get off a shot around 10 mins, and at 21mins ran with ball instead of playing in Willian - just v poor footballing brain.

He was a disappointment yet again. It looks like teams have sussed him out.

The Liquidator... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m0yny9f0MY&NR=1

Board index » WWFC » Match day stickies