Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » WWFC » Match day stickies

Share On:

Post Posted: Mon May 17, 2021 4:07 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

This one is a quick turnaround. Everton just had an awful result against the might Sheff U does that mean they are shot and we should walk it? I can't see a lot changing apart from maybe ait nouri instead of hoever and Neves for Dendoncker. Will Otasowie or Kilman get a look in? I see Nuno was critical of Corbineau's 8 minutes so I suspect he will be out. Whatever happens it ay that important for this season.

COYW

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post Posted: Tue May 18, 2021 8:14 pm 
Manager
Manager

Left back wrote:
This one is a quick turnaround. Everton just had an awful result against the might Sheff U does that mean they are shot and we should walk it? I can't see a lot changing apart from maybe ait nouri instead of hoever and Neves for Dendoncker. Will Otasowie or Kilman get a look in? I see Nuno was critical of Corbineau's 8 minutes so I suspect he will be out. Whatever happens it ay that important for this season.

COYW

But it would be nice to jump the Villa who have Surs away and Chelsea at home to play.

If ManU get a point in their next game they’ll have nothing to play for and will send their reserve team out.

The Liquidator... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m0yny9f0MY&NR=1

Post Posted: Tue May 18, 2021 8:26 pm 
Manager
Manager

Prepare for the backlash. May as well let the kids carry on.

Post Posted: Tue May 18, 2021 9:36 pm 
Manager
Manager

We could use a result to secure at least 12th place, but Everton have to go for broke in this one if they are to get any form of European football and will have the backing of their fans.

Our defence is just so porous and our attack so flimsy, it's really hard to imagine Wolves picking up results against anyone but the bottom 6. No parts of our team function properly.

Thankfully that double header of Fulham and Sheffield United with Traore's individual runs got us clear of trouble.

Introducing Mr Jeff Shi – Executive chairman, board member, acting managing director, acting sporting director, unofficial deputy to Raul Jimenez in the striker department and confirmed Banks's drinker

Post Posted: Tue May 18, 2021 10:24 pm 
Manager
Manager

It’s a match I’ll have to watch but my fear is that it’ll be like self-flagellatio...again!

Post Posted: Tue May 18, 2021 11:19 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Anything better than an absolute spanking will be a bonus... Their fans will be back and they'll be up for it. Whereas we're treating these last few games like preseason friendlies. There's only going to be one outcome. The best thing is, it's one more chalked off and just one more to go before the players can have a proper break and we can freshen the squad up a bit.

Post Posted: Wed May 19, 2021 8:21 am 
Manager
Manager

Kilman needs to start....surely?

Post Posted: Wed May 19, 2021 9:03 am 
Manager
Manager

lankywolf wrote:
just one more to go before the players can have a proper break and we can freshen the squad up a bit.

Unfortunately the Euros will throw a spanner in that. There could be another 7 weeks of football ahead for some of them.

Hopefully Portugal go out in the group stage.

Introducing Mr Jeff Shi – Executive chairman, board member, acting managing director, acting sporting director, unofficial deputy to Raul Jimenez in the striker department and confirmed Banks's drinker

Post Posted: Wed May 19, 2021 5:06 pm 
Manager
Manager

Nearly there, a season to forget, expect a loss by three goals tonight but I would love us to somehow beat United this weekend and spoil their undefeated away record..:-)

Post Posted: Wed May 19, 2021 5:14 pm 
Manager
Manager

Ruddy in goal tonight.

Let the fun and games begin...

Post Posted: Wed May 19, 2021 5:20 pm 
Manager
Manager

Strong team, we`re going for this then.

Post Posted: Wed May 19, 2021 6:19 pm 
Manager
Manager

One of our better first halves of the season, but no bite at the end of all those corners. Traore is playing flat out for his summer move.

Post Posted: Wed May 19, 2021 7:15 pm 
Manager
Manager

Predictably powderpuff display, complete with easy setpiece goal gifted to the opposition.

Players I don't want to see playing for Wolves after this season:
Jose
Dendoncker

One more game to add your name to the list, lads.

Post Posted: Wed May 19, 2021 7:25 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

shropswolf wrote:
Predictably powderpuff display, complete with easy setpiece goal gifted to the opposition.

Jose
Dendoncker

Just two??

Post Posted: Wed May 19, 2021 7:48 pm 
Manager
Manager

Rozza wrote:
shropswolf wrote:

Jose
Dendoncker

Just two??

I`ll add one.

Moutinho, he`s past it now at this level.
Still not convinced with Alt-Nouri and Vithina or that floppy haired chocolate tea-pot up top.

Post Posted: Wed May 19, 2021 9:20 pm 
Manager
Manager

Moutinho I didn't initially include because it's more a case with him of how he is used.

He is not the worst player for coming on as a sub to help slow the tempo when we lead, but this season have have given up taking the lead and Moutinho seems to play no matter what.

I would be non-plussed if we passed up signing RAN and Vitinha, but we have essentially become a player agency on the Mendes carousel so I expect their deals are already lined up. RAN has potential imo, he just needs to sharpen up in his defending.

Vitinha I am less optimistic about as I only saw him play well at a team that is now heading to the Championship. Some appearances he makes seem to be entirely without touching the ball.

Wonderboy we are stuck with, for better or worse.

Jose will surely vanish. Dendoncker should go, as he has the heart of a pea when it comes to tackling or driving the team forward.

Post Posted: Wed May 19, 2021 9:57 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Looked a bit more lively in the first half but powder puff in the box and set pieces, mainly from Moutinho, were awful. I knew we were going to lose at half time because we hadn't taken advantage of our dominance and they were always going to come back a bit at some stage.

If we can find a dominant centre half, particularly in the air, a midfielder to run with the ball, and a striker who can get in the box and score a few goals we might be ok for next season. Easy innit.

Post Posted: Wed May 19, 2021 10:36 pm 
Manager
Manager

We need players who can head the ball at corners when taken at both ends and someone who can take corners and free kicks effectively as well as players who can shoot effectively on target and forwards who will help to defend. Apart from that we’re OK! 8)

Post Posted: Thu May 20, 2021 12:08 am 
Manager
Manager

shropswolf wrote:
lankywolf wrote:
just one more to go before the players can have a proper break and we can freshen the squad up a bit.

Unfortunately the Euros will throw a spanner in that. There could be another 7 weeks of football ahead for some of them.

Hopefully Portugal go out in the group stage.

Yes, arguably the Euros are the last thing we need. Regardless, Jeff has resurfaced of late to see at close hand our problems and where we need to strengthen the squad, and I'm sure Georgy Mendes is having sleepless nights about a regression....

Post Posted: Thu May 20, 2021 12:44 pm 
Manager
Manager

first half showing ( goal threats apart) was one of our best this season, that is how low we have sunk to. could have played on until this weekend and still never have scored. How did VAR not give us a penno for that handball?? Had it been up the other end, it would have been awarded for sure. Summer will tell us where we are headed, we'll likely be without Neto and Jonny until Xmas time, Raul we cannot be sure of, so we need three or four experienced signings just to stay in the league for me. Fail to recruit decently and we'll be fighting relegation.

Post Posted: Thu May 20, 2021 12:57 pm 
Manager
Manager

We offer naff all in creativity, very much a team of give it to Traore and see if he can do something special. I was a bit harsh with regards Moutinho, I would keep him as a squad player but his days of 90 minute games are over. Don`t know if he would want to stay on those terms mind you. Very interesting close season ahead.

Board index » WWFC » Match day stickies