Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » WWFC » Match day stickies




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Share On:

Author Message
 Post Posted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 5:52 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:28 pm
Posts: 11843
Cally wrote:
Drivel. Absolute drivel.


Wolverhampton Wanderers in three words.

_________________
Wolves' Head of Football Development & Recruitment Kevin Thelwell added: "Grant Holt has been at a lot of clubs and there is a reason for that - he is a very good player."


Top 
 Profile  
 
Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post Posted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 5:54 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:28 pm
Posts: 11843
5 mins added

PNE win a corner

_________________
Wolves' Head of Football Development & Recruitment Kevin Thelwell added: "Grant Holt has been at a lot of clubs and there is a reason for that - he is a very good player."


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 5:56 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:28 pm
Posts: 11843
Lots of flapping around by Wolves as they consider taking a shot and nothing results from it

_________________
Wolves' Head of Football Development & Recruitment Kevin Thelwell added: "Grant Holt has been at a lot of clubs and there is a reason for that - he is a very good player."


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 5:58 pm 
Offline
Prediction League Winner 2015/16
Prediction League Winner 2015/16

Joined: Wed May 30, 2007 10:34 pm
Posts: 9351
Location: The Cotswolds
Hmmm....

So this is what 'going on the front foot' means?

I assume we have played down the 'corridor of uncertainty'??

_________________
Prediction League Winner 2018-19
Prediction League Winner 2015-16


E Tenebris Oritur Lux - The Power of Positivity


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 5:58 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:28 pm
Posts: 11843
Cav with a great cross, Dicko gets his head on it but wide

_________________
Wolves' Head of Football Development & Recruitment Kevin Thelwell added: "Grant Holt has been at a lot of clubs and there is a reason for that - he is a very good player."


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 5:59 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:28 pm
Posts: 11843
PHEW

Hause with a total fuck up to gift PNE the win but he shoots over! The circus continues....

_________________
Wolves' Head of Football Development & Recruitment Kevin Thelwell added: "Grant Holt has been at a lot of clubs and there is a reason for that - he is a very good player."


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:00 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:28 pm
Posts: 11843
FT

_________________
Wolves' Head of Football Development & Recruitment Kevin Thelwell added: "Grant Holt has been at a lot of clubs and there is a reason for that - he is a very good player."


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:01 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2004 6:44 pm
Posts: 34991
Location: S E London, near Kent
Lonergan saved us a point. Full credit to him.

_________________
:wolvlog

The Liquidator... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m0yny9f0MY&NR=1


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:01 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:28 pm
Posts: 11843
0 wins in 8.

The FOSUN revolution gathering pace.

_________________
Wolves' Head of Football Development & Recruitment Kevin Thelwell added: "Grant Holt has been at a lot of clubs and there is a reason for that - he is a very good player."


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:04 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 1:02 pm
Posts: 6708
Location: Telford
I may not know as much about football as Lambert but if yowm picking Wallace over Cav yow can fook off right now before we get relegated.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:13 pm 
Offline
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2004 11:55 pm
Posts: 18589
At least we managed a shit draw against 11 players rather than 9. Things are looking brighter ay it.

_________________
There is no substitute for hard work.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:25 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:28 pm
Posts: 11843
Rozza wrote:
At least we managed a shit draw against 11 players rather than 9. Things are looking brighter ay it.


What abuse did Jeff Shi suffer in the car park though?

_________________
Wolves' Head of Football Development & Recruitment Kevin Thelwell added: "Grant Holt has been at a lot of clubs and there is a reason for that - he is a very good player."


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:34 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2004 1:26 am
Posts: 23348
Location: South East Bulgaria
Despite some shaky moments due to personal fook-ups, we didn't concede and I reckon you build a side from the back first and, if I am right, Lambert got that bit right.

I would expect Dicko to start against the Owls and hopefully paired with Dadi. Stearman I assume, will step up to replace the suspended DB, but who knows.

Sounded like a bore draw, but at least it is a point away.

_________________
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Mark Twain


https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl3PabIYDTl_WqVc4Aitv_g

https://twitter.com/wolf_moscow


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:00 pm 
Offline
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2008 4:03 pm
Posts: 3224
Location: wolves
First game. Away from home... No goals conceded. 1 point gained. Give the bloke chance to breathe


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:14 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2004 1:26 am
Posts: 23348
Location: South East Bulgaria
shropswolf wrote:
Rozza wrote:
At least we managed a shit draw against 11 players rather than 9. Things are looking brighter ay it.


What abuse did Jeff Shi suffer in the car park though?


I wouldn't wish to put a slant on it, but I think he got blamed for the hail and the hold-ups on the M6.

_________________
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Mark Twain


https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl3PabIYDTl_WqVc4Aitv_g

https://twitter.com/wolf_moscow


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:33 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:59 pm
Posts: 19150
Location: WV4 and WL4
shropswolf wrote:
0 wins in 8.

The FOSUN revolution gathering pace.


You have to wonder what is going on, and what they're thinking! Only Wolves...

Still, we day let a goal in, and a Wolves clean sheet is as rare as rocking horse shit.

Some how, we need to chisel out some wins, but even if we create enough chances, who will actually score? We need a Jackett-esque 2015 Christmas period, then some belated Christmas pressies in January.

_________________
Thank you very much for Stevie Bull. Thank you very much, thank you very, very, very much.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: PRESTON AWAY
 Post Posted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:34 pm 
Offline
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:33 pm
Posts: 1572
Location: WOLVERHAMPTON
knocker knowles wrote:
wolfrunna wrote:
I've just been told that Dave Edwards is suspended,not good news for me.
Not as optimistic as I was.


Nevermind it gives the new coach an opportunity to go for a footballer and maybe try and implement a passing game rather than having power runners.
It just might work, passing the ball in combinations through the field.


Would you be happy if everyone just stood in their space and "passed the ball in combinations"
without anyone running about ?
I am reminded some years ago when Mrs wolfrunna allowed herself to be persuaded
to an appointment for a custom kitchen "designer" to come and design us a new kitchen.
On arrival he inspected our kitchen,saying",it looks realy good now,but give it a couple of years
and it will start falling apart.
Mrs W informed him that the kitchen was 46 years old,at which point he realised the game was up.
No point trying to bullsh*t us was there,he departed and we just had a cup of tea and a laugh about it.
We still have the same kitchen.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: PRESTON AWAY
 Post Posted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:37 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:59 pm
Posts: 19150
Location: WV4 and WL4
wolfrunna wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:
wolfrunna wrote:
I've just been told that Dave Edwards is suspended,not good news for me.
Not as optimistic as I was.


Nevermind it gives the new coach an opportunity to go for a footballer and maybe try and implement a passing game rather than having power runners.
It just might work, passing the ball in combinations through the field.


Would you be happy if everyone just stood in their space and "passed the ball in combinations"
without anyone running about ?
I am reminded some years ago when Mrs wolfrunna allowed herself to be persuaded
to an appointment for a custom kitchen "designer" to come and design us a new kitchen.
On arrival he inspected our kitchen,saying",it looks realy good now,but give it a couple of years
and it will start falling apart.
Mrs W informed him that the kitchen was 46 years old,at which point he realised the game was up.
No point trying to bullsh*t us was there,he departed and we just had a cup of tea and a laugh about it.
We still have the same kitchen.


I was born in 1970, the year you had your new kitchen :lol:

_________________
Thank you very much for Stevie Bull. Thank you very much, thank you very, very, very much.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: PRESTON AWAY
 Post Posted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:44 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2004 1:26 am
Posts: 23348
Location: South East Bulgaria
Embers wrote:
wolfrunna wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:

Nevermind it gives the new coach an opportunity to go for a footballer and maybe try and implement a passing game rather than having power runners.
It just might work, passing the ball in combinations through the field.


Would you be happy if everyone just stood in their space and "passed the ball in combinations"
without anyone running about ?
I am reminded some years ago when Mrs wolfrunna allowed herself to be persuaded
to an appointment for a custom kitchen "designer" to come and design us a new kitchen.
On arrival he inspected our kitchen,saying",it looks realy good now,but give it a couple of years
and it will start falling apart.
Mrs W informed him that the kitchen was 46 years old,at which point he realised the game was up.
No point trying to bullsh*t us was there,he departed and we just had a cup of tea and a laugh about it.
We still have the same kitchen.


I was born in 1970, the year you had your new kitchen :lol:


Yes, but your hinges have gone, you weren't originally fitted with love handles and your drawers have dropped. :wink: :roll: :lol:

_________________
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Mark Twain


https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl3PabIYDTl_WqVc4Aitv_g

https://twitter.com/wolf_moscow


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: PRESTON AWAY
 Post Posted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:51 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:19 am
Posts: 24768
Location: Cannock.
wolfrunna wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:
wolfrunna wrote:
I've just been told that Dave Edwards is suspended,not good news for me.
Not as optimistic as I was.


Nevermind it gives the new coach an opportunity to go for a footballer and maybe try and implement a passing game rather than having power runners.
It just might work, passing the ball in combinations through the field.


Would you be happy if everyone just stood in their space and "passed the ball in combinations"
without anyone running about ?
I am reminded some years ago when Mrs wolfrunna allowed herself to be persuaded
to an appointment for a custom kitchen "designer" to come and design us a new kitchen.
On arrival he inspected our kitchen,saying",it looks realy good now,but give it a couple of years
and it will start falling apart.
Mrs W informed him that the kitchen was 46 years old,at which point he realised the game was up.
No point trying to bullsh*t us was there,he departed and we just had a cup of tea and a laugh about it.
We still have the same kitchen.


Depends on your game strategy, Paul Lambert didn't go to Preston to play football.
He set up so Preston couldn't play football, the inclusion of one footballer in the starting eleven Jack Price was just to confuse you.

Think Roman legion, what makes them strong in battle, togetherness, with a couple of leaders, communicators Jack Price and Danny Batth holding them together as one.

It was a battle not a football match, it was one Wolves set out not to lose.

_________________
For some of us life is not about self interest.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: PRESTON AWAY
 Post Posted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:30 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:59 pm
Posts: 19150
Location: WV4 and WL4
knocker knowles wrote:
It was a battle not a football match, it was one Wolves set out not to lose.


Lambo has started off, as Handbrake finished, with a 0-0. We just had a mixed bag inbetween, from Walt. It will be interesting to see how Lambert changes the squad, as he must be thinking, "I've got my work cut out here". If we're to progress, and FOSUN are the real deal, I imagine the squad in 12 months time, will be unrecognisable from the current one, and some of the current crop, will be back grazing in League Wan; I just hope it's not with us.

_________________
Thank you very much for Stevie Bull. Thank you very much, thank you very, very, very much.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: PRESTON AWAY
 Post Posted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:43 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:19 am
Posts: 24768
Location: Cannock.
Embers wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:
It was a battle not a football match, it was one Wolves set out not to lose.


Lambo has started off, as Handbrake finished, with a 0-0. We just had a mixed bag inbetween, from Walt. It will be interesting to see how Lambert changes the squad, as he must be thinking, "I've got my work cut out here". If we're to progress, and FOSUN are the real deal, I imagine the squad in 12 months time, will be unrecognisable from the current one, and some of the current crop, will be back grazing in League Wan; I just hope it's not with us.



Very difficult for Paul Lambert because he hasnt many footballers from which to choose from so e may have to use Romain Saïss alongside the centre back and hope Lee Evans gets fit.

_________________
For some of us life is not about self interest.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:54 pm 
Offline
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:46 pm
Posts: 3892
Is Mason injured? As I seem to recall both he and Bovardsun were scoring earlier in the season when played together but since hes not been played Bovardson has dried up as well.
Unless my memory is playing tricks on me- again.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: PRESTON AWAY
 Post Posted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:06 pm 
Offline
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:33 pm
Posts: 1572
Location: WOLVERHAMPTON
knocker knowles wrote:
Embers wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:
It was a battle not a football match, it was one Wolves set out not to lose.


Lambo has started off, as Handbrake finished, with a 0-0. We just had a mixed bag inbetween, from Walt. It will be interesting to see how Lambert changes the squad, as he must be thinking, "I've got my work cut out here". If we're to progress, and FOSUN are the real deal, I imagine the squad in 12 months time, will be unrecognisable from the current one, and some of the current crop, will be back grazing in League Wan; I just hope it's not with us.



Very difficult for Paul Lambert because he hasnt many footballers from which to choose from so e may have to use Romain Saïss alongside the centre back and hope Lee Evans gets fit.


I have to admit that your post's are with a certain authority,however,
I shall,when reading your offerings,revisit the kitchen episode to put so perspective on it.
For instance,your earlier post above states with the formentioned authority the attitude
that Paul Lambert sent out his players with.
You state it as if PL told you this personally,of course he may have done so,in which case
I hope you will tell me so.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: PRESTON AWAY
 Post Posted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:01 pm 
Offline
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2006 6:09 pm
Posts: 21138
Location: Four Oaks
wolfrunna wrote:
For instance,your earlier post above states with the formentioned authority the attitude
that Paul Lambert sent out his players with.
You state it as if PL told you this personally,of course he may have done so,in which case
I hope you will tell me so.


That's exactly the style that I keep questioning - there seems to be no possibility of an alternative if KK says it is so. I just don't understand why he is not in a professional position with a major team. Or is he?

_________________
The next level awaits - Champions League or, err, Championship


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: PRESTON AWAY
 Post Posted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:12 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:19 am
Posts: 24768
Location: Cannock.
Left back wrote:
wolfrunna wrote:
For instance,your earlier post above states with the formentioned authority the attitude
that Paul Lambert sent out his players with.
You state it as if PL told you this personally,of course he may have done so,in which case
I hope you will tell me so.


That's exactly the style that I keep questioning - there seems to be no possibility of an alternative if KK says it is so. I just don't understand why he is not in a professional position with a major team. Or is he?


How people interpret others I find both amusing and interesting.

_________________
For some of us life is not about self interest.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: PRESTON AWAY
 Post Posted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:17 pm 
Offline
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2006 6:09 pm
Posts: 21138
Location: Four Oaks
knocker knowles wrote:
How people interpret others I find both amusing and interesting.


And I guess that you interpret others correctly of course whilst the rest of us don't really know what we are doing.

_________________
The next level awaits - Champions League or, err, Championship


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: PRESTON AWAY
 Post Posted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:25 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:19 am
Posts: 24768
Location: Cannock.
Left back wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:
How people interpret others I find both amusing and interesting.


And I guess that you interpret others correctly of course whilst the rest of us don't really know what we are doing.

I'm still thinking about the kitchen.

_________________
For some of us life is not about self interest.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: PRESTON AWAY
 Post Posted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:46 pm 
Offline
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:33 pm
Posts: 1572
Location: WOLVERHAMPTON
knocker knowles wrote:
Left back wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:
How people interpret others I find both amusing and interesting.


And I guess that you interpret others correctly of course whilst the rest of us don't really know what we are doing.

I'm still thinking about the kitchen.


The kitchen was built by a master cabinet maker.
Piano hinges on all doors,dovetail joi...oh,I see,you're wondering about the
relevance to what I read.
I have been around for many years and having come across sooo much bullsh*t
I have a very sensitive nose the minute I get a whiff of it,as with the kitchen designer.
I don't always give way and trust the smell,I usually wait until the stench gets so neusious
where I'm almost chewing it.
I should add that the kitchen was originally white but is now a pastel Aqua,as reqested
by my good lady.
I hope this helps.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:39 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2004 6:44 pm
Posts: 34991
Location: S E London, near Kent
I said somewhere recently that Delia's recipes always work because she knows what ingredients to use, in which quantities and also what to do with them.

It seems to me that at Wolves we've got a load of ingredients but whether they're the right ones or within the sell-by dates is a matter of concern. I don't know what Delia would do with them but Lambert's got a real job on his hands to match her culinary skills with them.

_________________
:wolvlog

The Liquidator... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m0yny9f0MY&NR=1


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » WWFC » Match day stickies


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

 
 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

The Wolf will always be free to its members, but if you feel you would like to contribute towards the running costs, than please feel free to donate.

 

 

Disclaimer : This forum is for the general discussion/topic of Wolverhampton Wanderers. What is said within the forum is personal opinions, and The Wolf will not be held responsible. Your ip is logged for security reasons. The forum is viewable by the public and any topics you disclose/discuss can be viewed by the public. Some topics on this forum may only be suitable for those aged 18+.

cron