Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » WWFC » Match day stickies

Share On:

Post Posted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:56 pm 
First XI
First XI

Our central midfielders are second rate. I wouldn't keep a single one. And remember how people used to criticise Macdonald? None of them can lace his boots in my opinion.

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:14 pm 
Wolves Reserve
Wolves Reserve

There's a good player is Saiss, needs a run of games. Yes he gave the ball away a few times but at least he looks to get the ball and move it on in a forward manner. Shame we don't have kmac to play alongside him.
Weimann either as a striker or on the bench, absolutely not a winger.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:08 pm 
Manager
Manager

Lanky said it all, in one sentence: Brighton made the basics look easy. Wolves made them look difficult.

That sums Wolves up. Too many of our players lack composure, lack technical ability, and lack intelligence. Without a Costa, we're a very predictable huff and puff outfit, nothing more, apart from Marshall, who is improving with every game, as he gets stronger, and was the only Wolves player, who I thought looked decent today. So, he got subbed...

Being on-call, I couldn't go to the game, so I nipped up the club, to watch it on Sky. Brighton looked a slick outfit, playing nice football, were sharp, and looked like they could score, every time they attacked our goal. Whilst you couldn't accuse Wolves of not trying, and we did create some good chances, without Costa, we are soooooooooooo predictable, it becomes painful to watch. Whilst the first goal was plain shit defending from Hause, followed by a shot that should then have been stopped, look at the second goal. Forget the fact that we got hit on the break, just look at where it came from. I looked at the telly, and after all our slow, predictable, build-up, there were two rows of players on the edge of the Brighton box, as we slowly moved the ball towards their goal, whilst there was a gaping chasm of space, in the middle of park. Inevitably, we gave the ball away, and shortly after, Brighton went up the pitch to make it 2-0.

Presuming that Costa will be sold in the Summer, the manager needs to be given those funds, to revamp this average squad, with 3 or 4, quality additions. Paul Lambert must see this, surely, but I don't think Thelwell or Jeff can see, or want to see, what needs to be done.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:12 pm 
Prediction League Winner 2015/16
Prediction League Winner 2015/16

Ok ok ok.... So you were all right and I was wrong...

But hey - am over it now, after a 75 mile journey, a trip to the chip shop, and now a glass or two of Rioja...

And tomorrow I will be looking for to the next game with positive enthusiasm & optimistic of a good performance and 3 points... I am much cheerier to live with than some of you (not so old) sods!

Post Posted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:15 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

SilverstoneWolf wrote:

But hey - am over it now, after a 75 mile journey, a trip to the chip shop, and now a glass or two of Rioja...

And tomorrow I will be looking for to the next game with positive enthusiasm & optimistic of a good performance and 3 points... I am much cheerier to live with than some of you (not so old) sods!

Hey, what do you mean "not so old" :lol:

Post Posted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:23 pm 
Manager
Manager

SilverstoneWolf wrote:

Silver, I will be at Leeds on Monday, and I do hope I'm felling all cheery! If Costa is sat in the stands again, with a pink hoodie pulled over his head, and a cap on top, I will sadly be lacking in good cheer :smt019

Post Posted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:25 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Today definitely highlighted the difference in quality on the ball between a promotion challenger and an also ran. Their passing was quick and accurate with movement allowing them to have passing options all the time. Ours was slow and cumbersome and we regularly gave the ball away either with an easily intercepted pass or a hoof ball. There is no doubt that there are some triers in the team but quality is thin on the ground.

I do fear that the management, and the team, think we are better than we are and this has been reinforced by a five match winning run. I do hope eyes are opened in time for transfer activity for next season.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:29 pm 
Manager
Manager

Totally outclassed in every department from 15 minutes onward

Post Posted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:36 pm 
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

I agree with all your posts ...you are all right.

Costa and Ikeme might have made a difference, or might not.

BUT if we had stockdale and they had Lonnie Donegan we would have won.

I hope that Lambert takes it in and knows where we need to improve....despite all the talk of bad purchases it's the old guard that aren't much good.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:45 pm 
Manager
Manager

Left back wrote:
Today definitely highlighted the difference in quality on the ball between a promotion challenger and an also ran. Their passing was quick and accurate with movement allowing them to have passing options all the time. Ours was slow and cumbersome and we regularly gave the ball away either with an easily intercepted pass or a hoof ball. There is no doubt that there are some triers in the team but quality is thin on the ground.

I do fear that the management, and the team, think we are better than we are and this has been reinforced by a five match winning run. I do hope eyes are opened in time for transfer activity for next season.

Our style of football, is rigid and predictable. Batth gets the ball at the back, and passes it across the back line, the ball comes back from whence it came, and it either goes to the keeper, or the 9 iron is pulled out of the bag. Today, we continually pumped the ball in to the Brighton box, and how many headers did we win? Our players aren't good enough, our coaching and scouting, is blatantly not good enough.

I was at the Molinuex on Tuesday night, for the first Junior Fans Parliament meeting, and whilst the kids had their say, the club Education Officer and Historian, took a few of us parents, on a mini ground tour, and around the museum, which was interesting. However it became clear to me, that Molinuex is a pig in lipstic, as behind the scenes, it is dated, and lacks class, and talking to the chap, someone who knows the club well, I sensed that there aren't going to be any big change in how the club is going to be run.

Post Posted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:30 am 
Manager
Manager

SilverstoneWolf wrote:

In many ways this result and performance are good for everyone at Wolves because it opens everyones eyes to the challenge ahead.

Now we need people at the club to analyse the game and not be yes men to each other.
Paul Lambert has been saying some strange things lately about what lies ahead, he cant ignore the lack of work on the training field.

The lack of combination play and variety through midfield undermines near everything and creates the illusion that the players are not giving everything they have.

This bollocks about being on the beach is just that pure bollocks, these lot are trying they just dont have divined roles both as individuals and within a team ethic.

Post Posted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:06 am 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
SilverstoneWolf wrote:

In many ways this result and performance are good for everyone at Wolves because it opens everyones eyes to the challenge ahead.

Now we need people at the club to analyse the game and not be yes men to each other.
Paul Lambert has been saying some strange things lately about what lies ahead, he cant ignore the lack of work on the training field.

The lack of combination play and variety through midfield undermines near everything and creates the illusion that the players are not giving everything they have.

This bollocks about being on the beach is just that pure bollocks, these lot are trying they just dont have divined roles both as individuals and within a team ethic.

If Jeff/Fosun want to give Lambert a fair crack, then he must be given carte blanche, on the players he wants, and those who he doesn't, and get those out of the club, ASAP. I don't see how this works with the 'out of his depth' Thelwell, but Lambert should be allowed to have exactly the staff he wants, finances permitting. The only players to be promoted from within, are those who are good enough, like Ronan, the others must be dispatched, along with the people scouting average players. There is so much to do this Summer, and where will Mendes feature, if at all?

Post Posted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:04 am 
Manager
Manager

I think I know a centre back who has been targeted for Wolves for next season, played in the Premier league yesterday.

If this is not false speculation this level of player and his personal cost takes Wolves up to another level in player investment.

Lets wait and see what happens this summer.

Post Posted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:16 am 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
I think I know a centre back who has been targeted for Wolves for next season, played in the Premier league yesterday.

If this is not false speculation this level of player and his personal cost takes Wolves up to another level in player investment.

I would love us to take the Pole on loan at Blues from Arsenal for the season. No need for spunking big money on a player to drop down a level.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:44 am 
Manager
Manager

shropswolf wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:

I would love us to take the Pole on loan at Blues from Arsenal for the season. No need for spunking big money on a player to drop down a level.

Two Poles have been very impressive against Wolves this season the other being the QPR midfielder Pawal Wszolek who looked top quality.

He's one to keep an eye on because Holloway doesn't seem to know how to use him and he could be a bargain summer pick up.

At centre back I expect Wolves to be looking for an experienced head, shame about Williamson who appears to have been shut out.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:19 am 
Manager
Manager

Lescott at CB? Shot at PL level but probably still capable enough for the Championship. I'm also disappointed that Williamson hasn't been playing alongside Hause.

Board index » WWFC » Match day stickies