Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » WWFC » Match day stickies

Share On:

Post Posted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:07 am 
Manager
Manager

Always Nottm Forest never Notts.

Good to remember that little detail.

Mark Warburton has certainly rebuilt the Forest side and they present a footballing challenge in what should be high entertainment.

No doubt there will be chances at both ends but this Wolves side looks good for ALL three points.

Daryl Murphy looking to win the physicality and heading battle with Danny Batth.

While a player to look out for the supremely talented youngster in the Forest ranks the Everton loanee Kieran Dowell.

Wolves team selection for this game should go a long way to revealing Nuno's thinking at this time.

Will Alfred N'Diaye retain his place or will Romain Saiss passing quality be looked on as more important.

If team culture is weak losing divides the team. If team culture is strong, losing creates the hunger to win again. Either way culture rules.

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post Posted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:44 am 
Prediction League Winner 2015/16
Prediction League Winner 2015/16

Looking forward to a great game.

Both Saiss & N'Daye powerful and more defensive. Might Nuno even entertain playing BOTH for first hour, and leave Neves on bench for a game (having looked a bit jaded in last 2 after brilliant start. Is fatherhood tiring him?!!)

Suspect that WHOLE team will be rested for Bristol Rovers next Tuesday....

Post Posted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:48 am 
Manager
Manager

Both teams going well and playing attractive football. should be a great game but I take us to win well as we are far better away from home with our style of play, we get more room.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:22 pm 
Wolves Reserve
Wolves Reserve

SilverstoneWolf wrote:
Looking forward to a great game.

Both Saiss & N'Daye powerful and more defensive. Might Nuno even entertain playing BOTH for first hour, and leave Neves on bench for a game (having looked a bit jaded in last 2 after brilliant start. Is fatherhood tiring him?!!)

Suspect that WHOLE team will be rested for Bristol Rovers next Tuesday....

I'd go along with that.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:33 pm 
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

knocker knowles wrote:
Always Nottm Forest never Notts.

Good to remember that little detail.

Mark Warburton has certainly rebuilt the Forest side and they present a footballing challenge in what should be high entertainment.

No doubt there will be chances at both ends but this Wolves side looks good for ALL three points.

Daryl Murphy looking to win the physicality and heading battle with Danny Batth.

While a player to look out for the supremely talented youngster in the Forest ranks the Everton loanee Kieran Dowell.

Wolves team selection for this game should go a long way to revealing Nuno's thinking at this time.

Will Alfred N'Diaye retain his place or will Romain Saiss passing quality be looked on as more important.

I wish we'd bought Daryl Murphy, he never got a look in at Newcastle but has always been good at this level. I'm hopeful that we will perform away from home. I expect N'Diaye to retain the shirt, I liked the look of him.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:08 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

I think "The Sultan" Vinaigre has had two very strenuous games and might need a rest if Douglas is fit again. N'Daiye looked good to me and is probably worth keeping in for an away game. Otherwise, stay as we are.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:17 am 
Manager
Manager

Forest certainly have three live high class talents in the positions behind the striker within their 4-2-3-1 system.

Ben Osborn to the left is getting better and better, last week he scored a high quality goal as he broke into the box on the left side. Smart finish.

Kieran Dowell in the centre position at 19 is rated by many as a future England star, with an eye for the through ball and the skills to execute the passes required.

Ben Brereton at 18 is even more highly rated than Dowell with the world of football seemingly at his feet.
Has everything with his strength, speed and size a good test for Rod Miranda on Forests right.

At youth level Forest have even more super talent, their under 18's could be up there with the best in the country.
Hardly beaten over the last calender year.

Great match in prospect.

Wolves can take away the Forest threat by just placing their own stamp on the game, by dictating proceedings.

If team culture is weak losing divides the team. If team culture is strong, losing creates the hunger to win again. Either way culture rules.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:43 am 
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

knocker knowles wrote:
Forest certainly have three live high class talents in the positions behind the striker within their 4-2-3-1 system.

Ben Osborn to the left is getting better and better, last week he scored a high quality goal as he broke into the box on the left side. Smart finish.

Kieran Dowell in the centre position at 19 is rated by many as a future England star, with an eye for the through ball and the skills to execute the passes required.

Ben Brereton at 18 is even more highly rated than Dowell with the world of football seemingly at his feet.
Has everything with his strength, speed and size a good test for Rod Miranda on Forests right.

At youth level Forest have even more super talent, their under 18's could be up there with the best in the country.

Great match in prospect.

Wolves can take away the Forest threat by just placing their own stamp on the game, by dictating proceedings.

I might try the same approach with mrs runna,
like Forest,she may have something to say about it though.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:37 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

wolfrunna wrote:

:lol: We know how to play without a ball now, the next step is to play without opponents.

Post Posted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:42 am 
Manager
Manager

wolfrunna wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:

Great match in prospect.

Not since the fifties have Wolves carried a defined system into every game, no wonder results through the decades relied on individual quality rather than team ethics.

This system when applied gives Wolves an opportunity in every game, we should be thankful of that.

Post Posted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:57 am 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Always been admirer of Osborn and Brereton, guess selling Assombolonga has allowed them to keep their promising youth. Tough game that could go either way.

http://www.steadfasttrust.org.uk/

Post Posted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:41 pm 
Manager
Manager

Watching on Wolves TV. The usual errors cropping up just like every other time I have watched and it is not even kickoff yet. Still - better than nothing I suppose.

Post Posted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:45 pm 
First XI
First XI

Wish I had the confidence to pay for Wolves TV, doesn't sound like a great product yet?

Post Posted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:23 pm 
Manager
Manager

Poor unfocused passing so far stunting any hope of a goal.

Post Posted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:39 pm 
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Slow, slow, slow slow slow. Our tempo nowhere near high enough. Sloppy passes as well. Nuno not pleased according to reports. Come on lads, we can do much better. Need to win this.

Post Posted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:46 pm 
Manager
Manager

HT 0-0

Really poor, lucky Forest aren't pressing us with any intensity.

Post Posted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:50 pm 
Manager
Manager

Danno_in_Oz wrote:
Wish I had the confidence to pay for Wolves TV, doesn't sound like a great product yet?

It is not bad - if you are prepared to be kicked out twice a half and have to spend a minute refreshing. Then there is the white box error that pops up now and then, so far not this match. Last match I watched was Millwall and it kicked me out for five minutes. The five two games of the season I missed over half of the first half and had my money refunded.

Post Posted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:50 pm 
Manager
Manager

Danno_in_Oz wrote:

It is not bad - if you are prepared to be kicked out twice a half and have to spend a minute refreshing. Then there is the white box error that pops up now and then, so far not this match. Last match I watched was Millwall and it kicked me out for five minutes. The five two games of the season I missed over half of the first half and had my money refunded.

Post Posted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:02 pm 
Manager
Manager

Back underway, no changes

Post Posted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:03 pm 
Manager
Manager

1-0 JOTA :D

Post Posted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:03 pm 
Manager
Manager

Yes!!!!

Post Posted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:09 pm 
Manager
Manager

Love to see Millwall score a few.

Post Posted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:11 pm 
Manager
Manager

Wolfhawk wrote:
Love to see Millwall score a few.

Would love to see us a few ahead - no slacking off like Tuesday please

Post Posted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:17 pm 
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Need the next one as well.
Nice goal by the sounds of it. 4 for the season so far for Jota.

Post Posted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:19 pm 
Manager
Manager

Vinagre off injured, Deslandes on
Cav off, Marshall on

Post Posted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:23 pm 
Prediction League Winner 2016/17
Prediction League Winner 2016/17

Both leftbacks injured. GREAT! :evil:

LB dust off ya boots. :lol:

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Forever in my Heart, Mum. 26/06/58 ~ 16/03/12.

Last edited by wolvesforever_1979 on Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:31 pm 
Manager
Manager

1-1

Post Posted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:33 pm 
Manager
Manager

Give a passing side a spell of possession like that and they will eventually score.

Post Posted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:33 pm 
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Oh sod it. 1-1.

Post Posted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:34 pm 
Manager
Manager

Too little concentration in this team. Nobody issuing the bollockings in midfield so we slack off too much.

Board index » WWFC » Match day stickies