Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post Posted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:53 pm 
Manager
Manager

2-1

Post Posted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:53 pm 
First XI
First XI

2-1 unbelievable, it really is a new wolves :)

Post Posted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:59 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

FooK me. Tune in with 4 min to go. All calm on commentary thought we must be a couple ahead. Then bgr me they are level. Kiss of death as usual. And then a winner before I could get to the sharp knife! Great we have an extra gear and don't give in. Beginning to envy the supporters who can get to matches!

Post Posted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:07 pm 
Manager
Manager

Very flat performance for a long while against an average side, choked in injury time and got out of jail tbh, but a very welcome 3 points.

Post Posted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:08 pm 
Manager
Manager

shropswolf wrote:
Moscow Wolf wrote:
To add insult to injury, I now have the fookin TEST CARD on Wolves TV. :twisted:

They haven't invested nearly enough in that product.

In my reply to today's complaint about the bad quality of the stream, no audio whatsoever, no pre-game, half-time and postgame interviews, commentary and analysis as viewed on Rams TV when they hosted us and we used their stream:-

Robert

We are having internet issues today which has made the stream more unstable than usual but in the main it is working for us here on the stream we are observing.

We don’t offer commentary at the moment as it isn’t just as simple as combining the commentary and video streams and would require significantly more investment that we have already made to find a solution. Overseas subscribers can access the commentary for that game at the same time by opening a new browser and clicking on live commentary but there is a delay between the two feeds which is why we don’t combine them.

WolvesTV at this stage isn’t a profit maker and the significant investment we would need to make to deliver a Derby type product would end up meaning a significant cost to the club across the course of the season when we don’t have the demand to cover the costs.

The £5 fee is the minimum set by the EFL and the club only keeps a percentage of that to cover the running costs just of having a system in place.

We are working on the technical problems and trying to resolve them but we are having to do this within a budget. This is a completely new service for us and its very complicated and is proving to be a steep learning curve. I’m not sure what more I can say other than we are trying to fix the issues but as I say its very complicated with a number of parties and it only takes an issue with one for the system to have problems.

I have refunded your subscription for today.

Laura

Well, I got my Fiver back, but I would have rather experienced my matchday experience from afar and is why I signed up. Over a complete season for home and away games at £5 per game would total up.

Mark Twain

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl3PabIYDTl_WqVc4Aitv_g

https://twitter.com/wolf_moscow

Post Posted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:11 pm 
Manager
Manager

Moscow Wolf wrote:
shropswolf wrote:
Moscow Wolf wrote:
To add insult to injury, I now have the fookin TEST CARD on Wolves TV. :twisted:

They haven't invested nearly enough in that product.

In my reply to today's complaint about the bad quality of the stream, no audio whatsoever, no pre-game, half-time and postgame interviews, commentary and analysis as viewed on Rams TV when they hosted us and we used their stream:-

Robert

We are having internet issues today which has made the stream more unstable than usual but in the main it is working for us here on the stream we are observing.

We don’t offer commentary at the moment as it isn’t just as simple as combining the commentary and video streams and would require significantly more investment that we have already made to find a solution. Overseas subscribers can access the commentary for that game at the same time by opening a new browser and clicking on live commentary but there is a delay between the two feeds which is why we don’t combine them.

WolvesTV at this stage isn’t a profit maker and the significant investment we would need to make to deliver a Derby type product would end up meaning a significant cost to the club across the course of the season when we don’t have the demand to cover the costs.

The £5 fee is the minimum set by the EFL and the club only keeps a percentage of that to cover the running costs just of having a system in place.

We are working on the technical problems and trying to resolve them but we are having to do this within a budget. This is a completely new service for us and its very complicated and is proving to be a steep learning curve. I’m not sure what more I can say other than we are trying to fix the issues but as I say its very complicated with a number of parties and it only takes an issue with one for the system to have problems.

I have refunded your subscription for today.

Laura

Well, I got my Fiver back, but I would have rather experienced my matchday experience from afar and is why I signed up. Over a complete season for home and away games at £5 per game would total up.

Hopefully next season it is all academic and we can be seen internationally in the big league.

Post Posted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:55 pm 
Prediction League Winner 2015/16
Prediction League Winner 2015/16

Phew!
Used a 'Get Out of Jail' card today. Strangely off the pace from the start. Passing game never got going. And too often at 0-0 with 15mins to go, we had the ball ... and 5 men behind it. Barnsley had 1. So 9 of their guys marking 4/5 of ours. No wonder we couldn't find a pass!

Ruddy again possibly should have done better for goal. (Ridiculous decision to award free kick in first place. Looked quite vulnerable throughout. We must play better if promotion is to result.

Will do just got back later - when I get back and have had good (& a drink to calm nerves!

Post Posted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:46 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

We still haven't figured out how to play at home. We've rode our luck a few times already this season and come away with results.
I can't put my finger on why they are struggling, hopefully Nuno can.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Post Posted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:22 pm 
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

That was too close for comfort but 3 points very welcome nonetheless. Inspired substitution.
Thought Neves and Jota were below par.
Should have scored at least another two though.
Douglas nade a difference second-half.
Thought the defence looked sound enough.
Need to improve for Wednesday but I think this side will perform much better away from home.

Post Posted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:27 pm 
Wolves Academy
Wolves Academy

Today's observations:

Barnsley were the better side in their own half but hardly ever threatened our goal.
Set pieces were once again our oppositions biggest threat as we just can't get out after clearing the first ball.
The ref was useless. Gave us two goal kicks that were clear Barnsley corners, Saiss even apologised to his teammates for one.
Barnsley made a lot of late challenges on our players which went unpunished not for the first time.
Our difference makers looked tired which affected the fluency of our attacks.

All in all, these are the results we need to get promotion. Picking up 3 points on an off day is absolutely crucial. Now we gather our thoughts and move on for Wednesday where Blades will be 3 players short after a blood bath derby tomorrow.

Post Posted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:45 pm 
Manager
Manager

alig4321 wrote:
Today's observations:

Barnsley were the better side in their own half but hardly ever threatened our goal.
Set pieces were once again our oppositions biggest threat as we just can't get out after clearing the first ball.
The ref was useless. Gave us two goal kicks that were clear Barnsley corners, Saiss even apologised to his teammates for one.
Barnsley made a lot of late challenges on our players which went unpunished not for the first time.
Our difference makers looked tired which affected the fluency of our attacks.

All in all, these are the results we need to get promotion. Picking up 3 points on an off day is absolutely crucial. Now we gather our thoughts and move on for Wednesday where Blades will be 3 players short after a blood bath derby tomorrow.

Spot on ali, we wor at ower best, but we wun. How menny fookin times ave we bin robbed at the death? :lol:

Post Posted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:37 pm 
Manager
Manager

alig4321 wrote:

He also gave them 2 corners which were goal kicks.

More importantly, should Barnsley have had a penalty at the South Bank end for a push just as someone was about to shoot? The Barnsley fans appealed and it looked like a possible pen to a few of us but we couldn't see properly.

The Liquidator... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m0yny9f0MY&NR=1

Post Posted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:52 am 
Manager
Manager

Deano's Golden Boots wrote:
That was too close for comfort but 3 points very welcome nonetheless. Inspired substitution.
Thought Neves and Jota were below par.
Should have scored at least another two though.
Douglas nade a difference second-half.
Thought the defence looked sound enough.
Need to improve for Wednesday but I think this side will perform much better away from home.

Yep :)

Post Posted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:54 am 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Funny game to watch really, the first half was very even and included several bouts of head tennis in the middle which was reminiscent of the McCarthy era , Mr Fister would have been apoplectic, very unusual for our team at present.
I thought Cav had a poor game, switching wings constantly did nothing to aid his day, he looks far more effective on the right supported by Doherty.
On the point of Doherty, I was raging about his lack of confidence, on at least four or five occasions in the second half he was running at his lone defender at speed on the edge of the box, instead of taking on that defender and chancing a bad tackle/penalty he instead took the safe option by crossing the ball which in all cases never reached a Wolves player.
Nuno needs a Blue peter badge for his substitutions which in effect won us the game. Barnsley were no mugs and competed with us very well to the point where we became very narrow and had no width because Jota and Cav were drawn into centre midfield where it was crowded to say the least.

On 90 minutes we were cruising to a 1-0 and due to social commitments and being parked a mile and a half away I decide to leave as the announcer gave the attendance out. DOH, :( :( , I cannot comment on their goal or our second as I day see um :x .

Championship trophies are built around wins like this when your principle competitors win too, which ironically,is another hark back to the McCarthy years :P

Post Posted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:39 am 
Manager
Manager

SELWolf wrote:
alig4321 wrote:

More importantly, should Barnsley have had a penalty at the South Bank end for a push just as someone was about to shoot? The Barnsley fans appealed and it looked like a possible pen to a few of us but we couldn't see properly.

Looked like a certain pen to me, Danny bummed the Barnsley bloke to the ground.

Up the other end, Saiss, on a yellow, put in a challenge, and immediately put his hands to his head, fearing a second yellow. Nope, the hapless Ref gave a goal-kick :lol:

Post Posted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:57 am 
Manager
Manager

Embers wrote:
SELWolf wrote:
alig4321 wrote:

Looked like a certain pen to me, Danny bummed the Barnsley bloke to the ground.

Up the other end, Saiss, on a yellow, put in a challenge, and immediately put his hands to his head, fearing a second yellow. Nope, the hapless Ref gave a goal-kick :lol:

Yup, a goal kick when it should have been a corner - hence his head in his hands. He didn't foul the man but very neatly robbed him of the ball - a really good tackle...it was right in front of me. :wink:

The Liquidator... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m0yny9f0MY&NR=1

Post Posted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:10 pm 
Manager
Manager

What was Tony Pulis doing at Molineux last Saturday..???

http://www.101greatgoals.com/news/socia ... ttendance/

Post Posted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:26 pm 
Manager
Manager

gladbachwolf wrote:
What was Tony Pulis doing at Molineux last Saturday..???

http://www.101greatgoals.com/news/socia ... ttendance/

Hoping to get some tips on how to play football. Sadly, we day show up really.

Board index » WWFC » Match day stickies