Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » WWFC » Match day stickies

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Share On:

Post Posted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:05 pm 
Prediction League Winner 2016/17

May as well go for broke now. ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK!

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Forever in my Heart, Mum. 26/06/58 ~ 16/03/12.

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post Posted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:06 pm 
Manager
Manager

THE BIG BAD WOLF wrote:
shropswolf wrote:
Moscow Wolf wrote:
I fookin knew he was going to miss that, he didn't look confident before he kicked it.

Poor choice to take it in the first place with Jota on the pitch. Neves has had a really underwhelming month.

Didn't get many games last season and no one else seemed in for him. Good player still but people need to be realistic, even before we consider his age, new country, new league etc.

I am realistic. I didn't particularly want to spend the huge sum of money we did on him because I don't expect a 20 year fringe player from a foreign league to dominate the middle of the park in the Championship.

He surely has very good technical ability, but the Championship is fookin awful relentless dogfight where the middle of the park is rarely a place for purely stylish players. And we aren't buying players for that money to "develop" over years, we need them to get us up ASAP. For that goal, Neves was not a particularly good pick.

Last edited by shropswolf on Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:09 pm 

"Can they do it on a wet Wednesday in Yorkshire?"

Post Posted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:14 pm 
Manager
Manager

wolvesforever_1979 wrote:
"Can they do it on a wet Wednesday in Yorkshire?"

I heard that before somewhere. :?:

Post Posted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:21 pm 

Cardiff fans having a laugh at our expense...

http://www.ccmb.co.uk/showthread.php?42 ... lves-AGAIN

Post Posted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:25 pm 
Manager
Manager

To be fair, the Wolves posters on that thread they quote are a bunch of muppets. It was never going to be anything but a bloody hard fight tonight, even with 11. Wrong game to fling Costa into after almost 6 months without kicking a ball in anger.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:39 pm 
Manager
Manager

FT

Post Posted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:42 pm 
Manager
Manager

Well, we'll never know, but with 11 men, Costa, Bonatini and Jota as a strikeforce, it might well have been a different game despite the torrential rain.

We still showed patches of what we are capable of, but wasted balls through a lack of control when it counted.

IF the Pen had gone in to make it 1-1 then who knows albeit, as it stands, 3 points lost, Coady suspended and a lot of wet pissed off Wolves fans on their way home.

Interesting point made by Shrops about Neves - I agree, he appears to have gone quiet since that stunning goal at Hull. I'm thinking the guy is homesick as is/was Boly.

Mark Twain

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl3PabIYDTl_WqVc4Aitv_g

https://twitter.com/wolf_moscow

Post Posted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:43 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Fair enough if they're giving it large in May and promotion has been confirmed, but the way they're talking it's as if they've won the league already. Our team does look mint on paper, but it hasn't cut it for the last few games, just like their's didn't before the Leeds match. I know some sections of our fans are just as bad, but these Cardiff fans need to calm down. I bet they peak too soon in bed as well :roll:

Post Posted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:47 pm 

Neves has just become a father at 20 years of age.

He's got a lot on his plate at the moment, and a few sleepless nights I'd imagine.

Needs to be cut some slack.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:48 pm 
Manager
Manager

Cally wrote:

Fair enough if they're giving it large in May and promotion has been confirmed, but the way they're talking it's as if they've won the league already. Our team does look mint on paper, but it hasn't cut it for the last few games, just like their's didn't before the Leeds match. I know some sections of our fans are just as bad, but these Cardiff fans need to calm down. I bet they peak too soon in bed as well :roll:

Who gives a flying fook what anyone thinks about us - let's see who laughs last come May.

Mark Twain

Post Posted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:49 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

SELWolf wrote:
shropswolf wrote:
Surely this would be where our supposed technical superiority should allow us to take the sting out of it by retaining possession.

But it's a wet night in Yorkshire. :oops:

Now now Sel, dont be cynical, our players would, and will not be affected by a cold and wet midweek game because tham class ay thay opined some folk :roll: .
It seems our stylists were outdone by the almost prehistoric game play of a gritty English team, AGAIN, and indeed, their second goal was 'Dinosaur' from inception to completion, but hey ho, no one will remember tonight at the end of the season except for statisticians.
My daughter was at the game tonight, her report was that we were 'Thrashed' because we could not string a pass together. Fair enough, the Coady sacking was a portent of doom, and Neves playing like Clarke used to do for us day help.
As my daughter said when she signed of, Wolves ay we,...... and we consistently am!!!!!

Post Posted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:50 pm 
Manager
Manager

Fancied us to lose even before kick-off. Wolves haven't played well for a good month now and continue to have issues from set pieces.

No need to panic though. I'd have taken where we are after 10 games at the start of the season. Neves has gone right off the boil, that is something to worry about though.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:51 pm 
Manager
Manager

He's got a lot on his plate at the moment, and a few sleepless nights I'd imagine.

Is anyone on his back? I know many a bloke whose Wife gave birth whilst we were away on 4 months tours in the Army. It didn't stop them doing their job and there was no fookin Internet or Mobile telephones for communications back then either. Some folk have it too fookin easy nowadays. :wink:

Mark Twain

Post Posted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:55 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Chris, WTF!, his missus is looking after the babby when the nanny ay. His £50,000 a week will almost keep the wolf from the door and allow him to get to training four times a wick to complete his 30 hour commitment to play a game that most of his spectators would do for fuck all.
His penalty was complete wank at a crucial time, I would cut him some slack by deducting 40,000 from this wicks wages and give it to his fuckin Nanny/ies.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:59 pm 
Manager
Manager

Rozza wrote:
SELWolf wrote:
shropswolf wrote:
Surely this would be where our supposed technical superiority should allow us to take the sting out of it by retaining possession.

But it's a wet night in Yorkshire. :oops:

Now now Sel, dont be cynical, our players would, and will not be affected by a cold and wet midweek game because tham class ay thay opined some folk :roll: .
It seems our stylists were outdone by the almost prehistoric game play of a gritty English team, AGAIN, and indeed, their second goal was 'Dinosaur' from inception to completion, but hey ho, no one will remember tonight at the end of the season except for statisticians.
My daughter was at the game tonight, her report was that we were 'Thrashed' because we could not string a pass together. Fair enough, the Coady sacking was a portent of doom, and Neves playing like Clarke used to do for us day help.
As my daughter said when she signed of, Wolves ay we,...... and we consistently am!!!!!

I watched the game from my warm dry recliner without any commentary or much crowd noise to distract me. We were NOT THRASHED at all, we just couldn't offer much after losing Coady and, Blades were no Hoofball team at all, they played some nice football, denied us space and were not in awe of us, took us on and defended well. Clarke's second was a poacher's goal not dissimilar the one Jota got for us on Saturday.

It is disappointing especially when you lose a player in the first quarter and then miss a pen, but hey, shit happens.

Mark Twain

Post Posted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:00 pm 
First XI
First XI

Coady was stupid.
Neves needs to get his finger out.
Glad Costa is back in the fold.
Hope Boly is fit for Saturday.
Haven't got enough quality options up front in the striker role.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:01 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

I think his baby & partner live abroad at the moment too, from what I read they are moving over here soon. It doesn't matter how much someone earns or how privileged their life might seem it doesn't make them robotic machines devout of any emotion. Neves' penalty was shit and he should be playing better for a kid with so much supposed talent, but he's had a fair bit of upheaval in his life recently, not to mention playing football in a tricky league, so I sympathise with him. He'll come good eventually but it won't happen over night.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Posted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:03 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Clarkes second was a header from a set piece wor it? It wor a sixteen pass tippy tappy tap in from a pressing side?
The fact that you are mentioning Clarke in company of a "Good Side" is ironic ay it.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:06 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Cally wrote:
I think his baby & partner live abroad at the moment too, from what I read they are moving over here soon. It doesn't matter how much someone earns or how privileged their life might seem it doesn't make them robotic machines devout of any emotion. Neves' penalty was shit and he should be playing better for a kid with so much supposed talent, but he's had a fair bit of upheaval in his life recently, not to mention playing football in a tricky league, so I sympathise with him. He'll come good eventually but it won't happen over night.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It bloody helps though.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:11 pm 
Manager
Manager

Rozza wrote:
Clarkes second was a header from a set piece wor it? It wor a sixteen pass tippy tappy tap in from a pressing side?
The fact that you are mentioning Clarke in company of a "Good Side" is ironic ay it.

Yo'v got me confused now. I thought his first half goal was a header from a set-piece and his second a far post tap in. As I just wrote on FB in reply to a gloating Blades fan. ''It was inevitable that a former player of ours, who was nothing more than a useless bag of shite that couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo, would score against us tonight''.

Do you think me harsh. :wink:

Mark Twain

Post Posted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:17 pm 
Manager
Manager

Moscow Wolf wrote:
Rozza wrote:

Yo'v got me confused now. I thought his first half goal was a header from a set-piece and his second a far post tap in.

Other way round.

Our set piece defending is shocking.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:22 pm 
Manager
Manager

shropswolf wrote:
Moscow Wolf wrote:
Rozza wrote:

Yo'v got me confused now. I thought his first half goal was a header from a set-piece and his second a far post tap in.

Other way round.

Whose other way round, mine or Rozza's? I must've had too much Malt Whisky, but after watching that downfall in Yorkshire, I needed something to warm me up. :wink:

Mark Twain

Post Posted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:24 pm 
Manager
Manager

Just gone back through the text and see it was me who got it the wrong way around. :oops:

Mark Twain

Post Posted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:38 pm 
Manager
Manager

Well that was a kick in the nuts, and that happens to every team in every season. It doesn't define it.

What defines it is how you react to the kick in the nuts, the season starts in earnest at Burton on Saturday.

Bring it on.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:57 pm 
Manager
Manager

shropswolf wrote:

It's happening in every game, but is Nuno concerned? Surely he must be, and must be working on it in training. If not, he bloody well better start tomorrow!

Losing Coady is a blow, but we need Boly back. Batth, without a better partner, and he once again becomes vulnerable, and exposed.

Still, if we can bounce back at Burton, then this night will soon be forgotten. COYW

Post Posted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:56 am 
Manager
Manager

Embers wrote:
shropswolf wrote:

It's happening in every game, but is Nuno concerned? Surely he must be, and must be working on it in training. If not, he bloody well better start tomorrow!

Losing Coady is a blow, but we need Boly back. Batth, without a better partner, and he once again becomes vulnerable, and exposed.

Still, if we can bounce back at Burton, then this night will soon be forgotten. COYW

Considering they had 11 corners to our 2 then I don't think that our set piece defending was that awful. Burton will be another tough test too.

Mark Twain

Post Posted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:55 pm 
Prediction League Winner 2015/16
Prediction League Winner 2015/16

We shouldn't be regarding Burton as 'a tough test'.

If we believe we have a squad of players who are the best in the league, and a top manager/coach, AND we seriously expect several of these players to be playing against Arsenal, ManCity, Man Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea.... every week next year.... THEN we CANNOT regard Burton as a tough test.

A test yes - but one we should be able to pass with flying colours!

Post Posted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:37 pm 
Manager
Manager

SilverstoneWolf wrote:

If we believe we have a squad of players who are the best in the league, and a top manager/coach, AND we seriously expect several of these players to be playing against Arsenal, ManCity, Man Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea.... every week next year.... THEN we CANNOT regard Burton as a tough test.

I was basing my reply on last season's display there and they'll be smarting after their thrashing by the Villans.

Mark Twain

Post Posted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:27 pm 
Manager
Manager

Moscow Wolf wrote:
SilverstoneWolf wrote:

I was basing my reply on last season's display there and they'll be smarting after their thrashing by the Villans.

Silver is right, if the club are backing up Premiership aspirations, with investment, then the likes of the Brewers, need to be duly dispatched. BUT, this is Wolves... :roll:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » WWFC » Match day stickies