Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » WWFC » Match day stickies

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Share On:

Post Posted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:36 pm 
Prediction League Winner 2016/17

gladbachwolf wrote:
So, City win and the ball is shit..would it still have been shittier if they had lost..?? Total rubbish. There is more mileage in the fact that the squirrel on the pitch before the game, crapped on the penalty spot where N'Diaye slipped on when taking his penalty...replay the game....unfair advantage to City... 8) :lol:

I call for a steward's enquiry. :lol:

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Forever in my Heart, Mum. 26/06/58 ~ 16/03/12.

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:49 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

If Bright could finish he would be worth absolutely millions, fantastic effort from the lads and I'm gutted we couldn't beat a team who could field a player off the bench who cost more than our entire club cost Fosun.

If anything I think this performance has helped our profile, our stock has risen along with the managers and people are starting to take notice, are Wolves on the way back to the big time?

Post Posted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:54 pm 
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Ironfistedmonk wrote:
If Bright could finish he would be worth absolutely millions, fantastic effort from the lads and I'm gutted we couldn't beat a team who could field a player off the bench who cost more than our entire club cost Fosun.

If anything I think this performance has helped our profile, our stock has risen along with the managers and people are starting to take notice, are Wolves on the way back to the big time?

Absolute heroic effort from the lads defensively, and really we should have taken at least one of the excellent chances we created. Bright looked quick and strong, and I know it isn't easy to score when you are travelling at that pace, but he seemed to lack a bit of guile. So many players performed well, really good to see. Marshall, Norris, Bennett, Coady, Batth, Ronan, Bright were outstanding! The rest were merely very good :-)

Promblem is Monk, do we need people to take notice? I'd rather stay under the radar, particularly with rumours of Everton looking at Nuno. Who can blame them?

Post Posted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:07 pm 
Manager
Manager

Bright should listen to Bully - he always acted on the principle of getting a shot away as soon as it was feasible as more often than not the keeper isn't set for the shot and you've a much better chance of him failing to react in time.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:52 pm 

shropswolf wrote:
Bright should listen to Bully - he always acted on the principle of getting a shot away as soon as it was feasible as more often than not the keeper isn't set for the shot and you've a much better chance of him failing to react in time.

I shared an article - Bully For England - where the man himself says the same thing.

It's worth a read.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:55 pm 

Pep clearly doesn't like balls... :lol:Image

Post Posted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:41 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

hugh jarse wrote:
Ironfistedmonk wrote:

Absolute heroic effort from the lads defensively, and really we should have taken at least one of the excellent chances we created. Bright looked quick and strong, and I know it isn't easy to score when you are travelling at that pace, but he seemed to lack a bit of guile. So many players performed well, really good to see. Marshall, Norris, Bennett, Coady, Batth, Ronan, Bright were outstanding! The rest were merely very good :-)

Promblem is Monk, do we need people to take notice? I'd rather stay under the radar, particularly with rumours of Everton looking at Nuno. Who can blame them?

It's hard to stay under the radar when you are winning, I don't think Nuno would leave us yet, I think he is sold on "the project" whatever that means.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:21 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Was going to do a just got back - but was too exhausted after it took 2 1/2 hours to get back home 15 miles! But what a night - went with 2 City fans - somehow got snuck into seats on the first balcony right at front - like watching tv, only with 6000 odd Wolves fans singing in my right ear - the acoustics were just awesome and the noise just cascaded down into the stadium - what a way to stop away supporter pitch invasions, put them 100ft up into the air.

Not going to bore the pants off you with player appraisals, other than to single out the keeper - great handling on a big night, that was wet! Hope he is going to push Ruddy for that No. 1 spot.
Also great to see Coady marshalling that defence, and to do it in the face of Aguero, Jesus, and finally de Bruyne - what a great experience for them all.

Pity about the missed chances, lets hope the coaches can do something to complete Bright and teach him to shoot before the keeper is on top of him.

Penalties a bit of an anti climax, but their keeper had a fantastic night - no shame or dishonour to go down like that - my first ever penalty shootout - had to explain to half dozen around me about the ABBA rule. They were all starting to call the Wolves lads for not stepping forward after 2nd kick taken!

City fans I went with were suitably impressed - confessed we should have won in normal time - I had been with them in previous years under Mick, and they could see the change in skill set, and we are now not just a team "putting a shift in". So come on lads, when your backs are to the wall, draw on the night you held Man City away - get promoted, and that should get me another cushy seat at a pretty marvellous stadium - let's hope Fosun end up with the Mol similar.

Big PS - best ref I have ever seen - kept the game flowing brilliantly - so few fouls and didn't bring attention on himself - ignored any possible tumbling and rolling around, played it like a man's game - 10/10

Last edited by TStarr on Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:32 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Oh - just forgot to mention what a dirty, bullying, twxt, Yaya "no Birthday Cake" was. He kicked and barged at every opportunity, even when the ball was nowhere near - he straight armed Bright I think it was, just for standing near him in the middle of the park - I reckon it was to bully players into standing off him, because as he is slowing, he needs that extra yard to collect and pass.

Said to mates as extra time started that i was worried, because Yaya looked as fresh as a daisy! He really does look like he is doing bugger all as he strolls around.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:19 pm 
Manager
Manager

Thanks for that T-Star. One thing that I haven't seen yet is the match attendance?

Mark Twain

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl3PabIYDTl_WqVc4Aitv_g

https://twitter.com/wolf_moscow

Post Posted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:44 pm 
Manager
Manager

What a load of old Balls:-

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/41751058

Of course, if it had been a perfect ball then no doubt Bright would have scored 3. :idea:

Mark Twain

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl3PabIYDTl_WqVc4Aitv_g

https://twitter.com/wolf_moscow

Post Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:54 am 

:lol:

Post Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:04 am 
Manager
Manager

Most of us grew up and treasured the Mitre ball, it was something to be loved and well looked after. Cheeky Spanish mare.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:15 am 
Manager
Manager

To be fair, I always wondered why I was crap at football at school. Now I know. The bastards must have kept bringing a ball to the park the didn't suit me. Bastards......

Post Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:20 am 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
Most of us grew up and treasured the Mitre ball, it was something to be loved and well looked after. Cheeky Spanish mare.

Luxury, the spoilt get should have tried playing with one of them orange 'Wembley' balls, or a sodden casey.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:31 am 
Manager
Manager

Embers wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:

Luxury, the spoilt get should have tried playing with one of them orange 'Wembley' balls, or a sodden casey.

I remember our club paying 26 quid a pop for a good Mitre match day ball.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:51 am 
Manager
Manager

Great sporting gesture by De Bruyne to Connor Ronan at the end of the game:

http://www.givemesport.com/1178731-kevi ... utoplay=on

And Steve Morgan was at the game too, no truth in the rumour that " Now Wolves look good, can I buy the club back, please, Jeff..??"

Post Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:58 am 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Teams like Man City should have to play with a Frido ball to level the teams up.

Only about 10% of this entire board will know WTF a Frido ball was :lol:

Post Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:47 pm 
Manager
Manager

Probably 2% Rozza...... 8)

Post Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:10 pm 
Manager
Manager

Frido ad from the 60's:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/totallymy ... 9687344283

Post Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:18 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

gladbachwolf wrote:

The red one had stippling on it and went oval shaped if remotely close to any heat source as I remember :lol:

Post Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:09 pm 

:lol: Respect...

Post Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:19 pm 
Manager
Manager

:lol: :lol:

Post Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:46 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

He really is "The Sultan"

https://streamable.com/bzhkw

Post Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:11 pm 
Manager
Manager

gladbachwolf wrote:

I'm in that 2% :D , they bost for fun.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:19 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

warn wrote:
gladbachwolf wrote:

I'm in that 2% :D , they bost for fun.

Count me in. Spent hours trying to repair them with my Dad's puncture outfit but always failed.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:54 pm 
Manager
Manager

I thought Frido was in abba?

Post Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:01 am 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

suiging wrote:

Your thinking of "Lord of the Rings" - little hairy lad, reminded me of Don Goodman.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:33 am 

This REALLY grinds my gears!

Extract from the Man Shitty Forum: Blue Moon...

"Not feeling the love for The Wolves after being so negative - Teams coming into the prem' and playing like that will set our game back years. How we had almost the same number of fouls as them I'll never know - Ref' was a disgrace (again) -- They played like a bunch of belligerent bullies -- perhaps we wouldn't be so complimentary if their negative, spoiling tactics had knocked us out and it could only have been 0-1 -- They play like that in the Prem' n they'll (hopefully) go straight back down. Our youngsters did well under the circumstances --- ten men back for most of the game -- nah!"

How's about, f*ck off you plastic, glory hunting c*** :evil:

Post Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:25 am 
Manager
Manager

TStarr wrote:
suiging wrote:

Your thinking of "Lord of the Rings" - little hairy lad, reminded me of Don Goodman.

Nah. That little hairy one reminds me of the wife

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Board index » WWFC » Match day stickies