Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » WWFC » Match day stickies

Share On:

Post Posted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:07 am 
Manager
Manager

Norwich a club that through the decades has punched above its weight while clubs like Wolves did the opposite.

I see many fans want team changes, some quite a few changes.

But the first thing I expect Nuno will do is check the pitch size, and thankfully Carrow Road is far less claustrophobic than Loftus Road.

When your playing positional football size really does matter.

No changes or three or four changes I trust Nuno to get the selections right.

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post subject: Re: Norwich vs Wolves.
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:50 am 
Manager
Manager

tough match, especially at Carrow Road. Midweek.

if we had won or drew on Saturday i would have taken a draw tomorrow but to be honest on a big pitch we should be looking to win.

if someone could lock Jerome in a cupboard somewhere before the match as well! The useless big lump only turns up to play against us.

www.vwcaddy.com

Post Posted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:25 am 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

The suggestion seems to be that we play one type of "positional football" - the new tag until something else comes along - at all costs and for every match. I think a coach has to be a little more adaptable than that. it may be a good style of play in general but it was known beforehand that the pitch at QPR was tight thus consideration should have been given to adapting to that. It was also notable that QPR got the winner from adopting a more direct approach late on which we eschew whatever the circumstances.

I have enjoyed watching us this season but if we are to achieve promotion from a difficult league we need to develop a variety of responses to different situations whilst maintaining the general principles of the philosophy which is being embedded into the team.

Hopefully Norwich will allow us to play a bit and our passing, er, I mean positional, game will come to the fore again. It may also help that the players have had a bit of a rude awakening and a reminder that they need to be "at it" all the time.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:43 am 
Manager
Manager

Fair comment that, LB.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:05 pm 
Manager
Manager

Left back wrote:
The suggestion seems to be that we play one type of "positional football" - the new tag until something else comes along - at all costs and for every match. I think a coach has to be a little more adaptable than that. it may be a good style of play in general but it was known beforehand that the pitch at QPR was tight thus consideration should have been given to adapting to that. It was also notable that QPR got the winner from adopting a more direct approach late on which we eschew whatever the circumstances.

I have enjoyed watching us this season but if we are to achieve promotion from a difficult league we need to develop a variety of responses to different situations whilst maintaining the general principles of the philosophy which is being embedded into the team.

Hopefully Norwich will allow us to play a bit and our passing, er, I mean positional, game will come to the fore again. It may also help that the players have had a bit of a rude awakening and a reminder that they need to be "at it" all the time.

you are correct but in the bits i have seen of the match the narrowness of the pitch didn't stop us. the passing still looked expansive enough.

despite the teams best efforts it was a bad day at the office. on another day we would have scored 4 or 5, the chances were there

www.vwcaddy.com

Post Posted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:41 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

whelp wrote:
Left back wrote:

you are correct but in the bits i have seen of the match the narrowness of the pitch didn't stop us. the passing still looked expansive enough.

despite the teams best efforts it was a bad day at the office. on another day we would have scored 4 or 5, the chances were there

I take your point. We do miss a lot of chances. Unfortunately, we don't have Messi at the end of our positional play moves like Pep did.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:49 pm 
Manager
Manager

For me we don't have the forwards to score the opportunities created.
Take Leo out of it, who is far more intelligent than I could have hoped for.. Bright and Cav will be lucky to score a dozen league goals between them all season.

That aside forget the passing, positional, high press, rubbish, phrases invented to make people sound clever, just believe in NES and yourselves and have confidence in both.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:03 pm 
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

It feels like a very big week now with two difficult games coming up. We are still very much on target for automatic promotion, but we need a win and a draw this week to maintain the "two points per game". I suppose we just need to worry about Norwich first though, a game at a time and all that. Agree with KK, no need for wholesale changes, Nuno's Wolves have bounced back well in the past, let's hope we don't panic and can do it again.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:57 pm 
Manager
Manager

Cameron Jerome must be expecting his annual goal against us.

Carrow Road has seldom been a happy hunting ground for us, I'm not overly convinced that will change tomorrow either. I think Norwich have every hope of being a top 6 side by the end of the whole season.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:07 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
Norwich a club that through the decades has punched above its weight while clubs like Wolves did the opposite.

But the first thing I expect Nuno will do is check the pitch size, and thankfully Carrow Road is far less claustrophobic than Loftus Road.

Showing your age there. In my lifetime Norwich have won in the old Olympic stadium against Bayern, played mostly in the Prem and average substantially more in attendance than us.

Pitch size is as bad an excuse as blaming the ball, never normally a problem for us at QPR.

http://www.steadfasttrust.org.uk/

Last edited by THE BIG BAD WOLF on Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:08 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

CANNOCK WOLF wrote:
For me we don't have the forwards to score the opportunities created.
Take Leo out of it, who is far more intelligent than I could have hoped for.. Bright and Cav will be lucky to score a dozen league goals between them all season.

That aside forget the passing, positional, high press, rubbish, phrases invented to make people sound clever, just believe in NES and yourselves and have confidence in both.

I like Leo but he is as slow as a tanker.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:23 pm 
Manager
Manager

THE BIG BAD WOLF wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:

Showing your age there. In my lifetime Norwich have won in the old Olympic stadium against Bayern, played mostly in the Prem and average substantially more in attendance than us.

Pitch size is as bad an excuse as blaming the ball, never normally a problem for us at QPR.

I can remember then in the Third Division South and a giant-killing FA Cup team. 8)

Post Posted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:30 pm 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:

Funnily enough, Loftus Road (112 x 72) is bigger than Molineux (109 x 70) which are both smaller than Carrow Road (114 x 74). Imperial measure. 8)

Post Posted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:03 am 
Manager
Manager

Possible Norwich selection.

---------------------------------.Gunn.

---.Pinto.-----------.Zimmermann.-------.Klose.------------.Stiepermann.

------------------------.Reed.------------.Trybull.

-----------..Hoolahan.----------.Maddison.----------------.Murphy.

-----------------------------..Jerome.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:07 am 
Manager
Manager

Player to watch in the Norwich side James Maddison who is probably the most talented English player in the Championship.

A player who if he gets on the ball enough can destroy any opponent at this level.

An English youngster twenty years old born in Coventry who is Premier league bound at the end of this season, but with who?

Post Posted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:46 am 
Manager
Manager

warn wrote:
THE BIG BAD WOLF wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:

I can remember then in the Third Division South and a giant-killing FA Cup team. 8)

Now who's showing their age..?? :lol: Sadly, join the club....sniff, cough.... 8)

Post Posted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:59 am 
Manager
Manager

Year after year these hayseeds vote us the team they hate the most after Mickswich.

It would be nice to give them something to hate us for......

Post Posted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:42 pm 
Manager
Manager

Is their keeper a relative of Bryan Gunn?

Post Posted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:34 pm 
First XI
First XI

chriskamara wrote:

Son

Post Posted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:35 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Cymru Wolf wrote:
chriskamara wrote:

Son

You might say he's a son of a gun then.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:40 pm 
Manager
Manager

Left back wrote:
Cymru Wolf wrote:
chriskamara wrote:

Son

You might say he's a son of a gun then.

Boom Boom! :)
Not a happy hunting ground for us is it. I`ll take a point.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:49 pm 
Manager
Manager

Just you get clearing your throat for a few "Woo-Hoo's" tonight, desi... 8)

Post Posted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:16 pm 
Prediction League Winner 2017/18
Prediction League Winner 2017/18

Left back wrote:
whelp wrote:
Left back wrote:

I take your point. We do miss a lot of chances. Unfortunately, we don't have Messi at the end of our positional play moves like Pep did.

Which once again brings us to the need for Wolves to sign a proven natural goalscorer, especially at this level, Afobe, Gayle :wink:

www.myspace.com/wolverhamptonwanderersfc
"THE WOLVES"
ImageImageImage

Post Posted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:05 pm 
Manager
Manager

Teams are in, Batth and Miranda dropped for Boly and Bennett. N'Diaye in for Saiss ( suspended).

Post Posted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:18 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

gladbachwolf wrote:
Teams are in, Batth and Miranda dropped for Boly and Bennett. N'Diaye in for Saiss ( suspended).

Perhaps with one eye on there being another match on Friday. I hope Boly is match fit. I think Douglas needs a good game otherwise it's Vinaigre for me on Friday.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:01 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Bennett deserved a run out after his performance at Citeh, up against his old club too.

Like the changes.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:02 pm 
Manager
Manager

Woo Hoo! Boly.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:03 pm 
Manager
Manager

Yes :D

Post Posted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:15 pm 
Manager
Manager

First of many

Post Posted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:33 pm 
Manager
Manager

HT

Probably should have got a 2nd before the break, with Cameron Jerome still waiting in the wings

Board index » WWFC » Match day stickies