Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » WWFC » Match day stickies

Share On:

Post Posted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:20 am 
Manager
Manager

Tommy Trinders lot in town, and if its as good as last season we are in for a treat.

The difference this season Fulham might find is we will try and out football them.

I bet Kevin McDonald looks on and thinks, wrong time, what a shame.

Will Wolves make changes, probably not.

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post subject: Re: Wolves vs Fulham.
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:58 am 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Surprisingly poor this season Fulham, still have some quality so could be a threat if they turn it on.

http://www.steadfasttrust.org.uk/

Post Posted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:31 am 
Manager
Manager

By all accounts their performance on Tuesday was hopeless and there's been internal problems behind the scenes all the while.

By the law of the Championship, this means they will give their best performance of the season against us :shock:

Post Posted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:00 pm 
Manager
Manager

Fulham's main problem is their home form...they are still good away from home and we should respect them accordingly.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:38 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

[quote="knocker knowles"]Tommy Trinders lot in town, and if its as good as last season we are in for a treat.

The difference this season Fulham might find is we will try and out football them.

I bet Kevin McDonald looks on and thinks, wrong time, what a shame.

Will Wolves make changes, probably not.[/quote]

You lucky people. Jota seemed to be struggling with an ankle injury late on Tuesday. maybe Costa will have to step up to the mark

Post Posted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:47 pm 
Manager
Manager

Not really happy with a Friday night game, unless you make a night of it, and end up in a curry house until 2am. I said we needed 4 points from Norwich and QPR, but I'd like to think we have too much going forward, for them to cope with. 2-0 please.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:41 pm 
Manager
Manager

You have to laugh at Kevin Mac leaving Sheff Utd and Wolves. What a plonker swapped his Big Mac for a Kahuna Burger and ended up with a soggy bun with no ketchup.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:53 pm 
Manager
Manager

Mowgli wrote:
You have to laugh at Kevin Mac leaving Sheff Utd and Wolves. What a plonker swapped his Big Mac for a Kahuna Burger and ended up with a soggy bun with no ketchup.

I think he had his reasons, padawan.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:03 pm 
Manager
Manager

Fulham have this (from our point of view) horrible habit of scoring late goals, need to be vigilant or out of sight by 85 minutes

www.vwcaddy.com

Post Posted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:02 pm 
Prediction League Winner 2017/18

whelp wrote:
Fulham have this (from our point of view) horrible habit of scoring late goals, need to be vigilant or out of sight by 85 minutes

Wolves will be well out of sight after 45 mins. :wink:
Fulham will let us play football and Wolves will thrash 'em 5-0!

www.myspace.com/wolverhamptonwanderersfc
"THE WOLVES"
ImageImageImage

Post Posted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:16 pm 
Manager
Manager

Mowgli wrote:

To be fair to KMac, it's been said many times but he had to leave for personal reasons and Kenny was very supportive of him. He wasn't picked for a reason and he got the move which helped him with his problem. Everyone was a winner.

The Liquidator... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m0yny9f0MY&NR=1

Post Posted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:17 am 
Manager
Manager

Possible Fulham selection.

----------------------------..Button.

-------------.Odoi.---------..Kalas.------------.Ream.

-.Fredericks.---.Johansen.--.McDonald.---.Cairney.----Sessegnon.

-------------------.Fonte.------------.Ayité.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:51 am 
Manager
Manager

Looks as if Boly will be sidelined owing to a niggle with his injury. Nuno is his usually tight-lipped self and says that all options are open.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:42 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

shropswolf wrote:
By all accounts their performance on Tuesday was hopeless and there's been internal problems behind the scenes all the while.

By the law of the Championship, this means they will give their best performance of the season against us :shock:

See us running up the score tonight so shock one nil loss it is.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:44 pm 
Manager
Manager

One team change, Saiss in for Price.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:21 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Flum look dreadful, put Costa on and give him a run out. Shame Ronan isn;t on the bench, would love to see him given more game time.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:38 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

It might be good game management but I hope we step up the tempo again because it aint good to watch.

Fresh legs, even Bright might get a goal against this lot.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:40 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Fairly comfortable first half - but need to replace Saiss before he gets red carded.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:50 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

This has been pretty lacklustre so far. I know we’re winning, but Fulham could easily get back into this. I hope we get out of first gear for the second half.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Posted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:55 pm 
Manager
Manager

Well, overall, a very decent performance. I am of the opinion that except for a 10 minute spell leading up to half time, we controlled the game and it ought to have been 4 (just like I predicted), or even 6.

A lot of tired Wolves legs out there towards the end, Jota couldn't outpace their defenders when 1 on 1 which I am sure he would have done if he had a decent rest since Tuesday night. Bonatini looked like he was on his chin strap before his substitution. I thought that Nuno might have put Costa on for the last 20 or so as his pace even though not at its best, could have been enough.

Flum can play some football too and I thought that the Ref was a bit harsh towards them with some of their decisions, but better them than us for a change. Watching this Wolves side though is sometimes frustrating as they're like a Cat playing with a Mouse, they know they can kill it any time they want to, but prefer to keep teasing it instead of putting it out of its misery. Go for the throat Wolves and kill these teams off.

Not bad on a Friday night knowing that with a four point cushion that we'll still be top of this league going into the International break. :wink:

Mark Twain

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl3PabIYDTl_WqVc4Aitv_g

https://twitter.com/wolf_moscow

Post Posted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:25 pm 
Manager
Manager

Good enough, but Fulham were powderpuff. We need to maintain the intensity over the whole course of the game, not 10 minute spells, against future opponents.

Costa's failure to get fit is starting to become concerning: Bright was obviously subbed in, despite being totally the wrong type of player to see out the game intelligently, because Nuno has no faith in Costa to handle a match right now.

Nice to have 2 weeks at the top now before Edwards and Bodvarsson and a tougher game await.

Last edited by shropswolf on Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:31 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Decent performance against average opposition. Not really that much that signals Wolves real impact or potential really.
Still a while to go and I await the one game where we destroy someone, but overall, our division is aware of us and our intended division doe give a shit, job ay done yet.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:43 pm 

I must confess to feeling disappointed at tonight's performance. 2-0 up after 25 mins, and then we just put the handbrake on!
Probably something to do with 3 games in 6 days, and the fact I put £1 on 5-0 at 80/1 has nothing to do with my feelings. :wink:

www.myspace.com/wolverhamptonwanderersfc
"THE WOLVES"
ImageImageImage

Post Posted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:48 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Didn't need to get out of second gear to win that, second half we threatened to smash them but decided not to bother, shouldn't have subbed Cav who was giving them all kinds of problems but at the end of the day another easy win, and Neves was sexy as fuck

Post Posted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:50 pm 
Manager
Manager

Too easy. :mrgreen:

Post Posted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:33 am 
Manager
Manager

Joe and I both predicted 2-0, so I'm happy. I thought Cav was a bit off key, especially the first half, but Boly is one big soab, and cool as. Neves was MOTM, easily, and I reckon 4-1 would have been a more accurate scoreline.

30 more games to go, onwards and upwards, softly, softly, catchee monkey.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:43 am 
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

I was impressed tonight. We completely neutralised the opposition with a professional, albeit unspectacular performance. We mentally destroyed Fulham, they were devoid of ideas. Neves was brilliant, and I think it bodes well that we can beat one of the better teams without seemingly expending much energy.

Who can rival us now?

Post Posted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:54 am 
Manager
Manager

I think its doing these players a massive disservice to say they were only in second gear, whatever that may be.

These guys sprint more than any other Championship side and that enables time once on the ball.

Factor in with only a 72 hour recovery period before this game many of these players were running on empty by the hour mark.

They put it all in match after match and thats what makes it look easy, when it aint easy.

Second gear, fuck off with that clichéd idle comment.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:35 am 
First XI
First XI

I thought our workrate was phenomenal. That's why Fulham only created one decent chance all game. Our midfield and attack never stopped running. The two wing-backs were workhorses. Skill alone is not enough. You need mega workrate as well. Our team has abundance of both. I am immensely proud of how our club is performing.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:36 am 
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

knocker knowles wrote:
I think its doing these players a massive disservice to say they were only in second gear, whatever that may be.

These guys sprint more than any other Championship side and that enables time once on the ball.

Factor in with only a 72 hour recovery period before this game many of these players were running on empty by the hour mark.

They put it all in match after match and thats what makes it look easy, when it aint easy.

Second gear, fuck off with that clichéd idle comment.

I hope that’s not a dig at me young Knocker, because I totally agree. The pace of the game wasn’t electric, but there was a lot of hard work done without the ball. Let’s hope the players, especially Costa, can benefit from this game rest period.

Board index » WWFC » Match day stickies