Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » WWFC » Match day stickies

Share On:

Post Posted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:56 am 
Manager
Manager

We go again after last nights League Cup exploits to the smoke to play QPR.

The first time I ever took notice of QPR was in the League Cup to be honest, in was in 1967, the first one legged final at Wembley.

They won, they beat the stripey lot in the final, well done Alex Stock, Mark Lazarus and a certain Rodney Marsh who announced himself that day to the wider world.

But that was then and this is now.

Holloway has caught up with the three at the back system, but they wont have practised it as much as us.

Come on you Wolves..

If team culture is weak losing divides the team. If team culture is strong, losing creates the hunger to win again. Either way culture rules.

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post subject: Re: QPR vs Wolves.
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:15 am 
Manager
Manager

Last time we played them we saved Holloway's job. No repeat please.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:47 pm 
Prediction League Winner 2016/17

I fancy Costa to score in this one to kick-start his season.

COYW!

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Forever in my Heart, Mum. 26/06/58 ~ 16/03/12.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:08 pm 
Manager
Manager

wolvesforever_1979 wrote:
I fancy Costa to score in this one to kick-start his season.

COYW!

Hope so, but right now Costa is understandably in pre-season mode and his touch isn't yet sharp enough. AN in-form Costa would have scored last night - instead, he took an extra - bad - touch, lost the space, and didn't have the deft touch to convert.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:37 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

I bet Ian Holloway is reading through his big book of cliché's in preparation for this game, lets ram em down his throat!

Post Posted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:42 pm 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:

The first time I ever took notice of QPR was in the League Cup to be honest, in was in 1967, the first one legged final at Wembley.

They won, they beat the stripey lot in the final, well done Alex Stock, Mark Lazarus and a certain Rodney Marsh who announced himself that day to the wider world.

Holloway has caught up with the three at the back system, but they wont have practised it as much as us.

Come on you Wolves..

Was Don Rogers Swindon or QPR as I seem to recall both beat the Boggies in the League Cup Final, but I might well be wrong.

Mark Twain

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl3PabIYDTl_WqVc4Aitv_g

https://twitter.com/wolf_moscow

Post Posted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:47 pm 
Manager
Manager

Moscow Wolf wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:

Come on you Wolves..

Was Don Rogers Swindon or QPR as I seem to recall both beat the Boggies in the League Cup Final, but I might well be wrong.

Swindon in the mid-late 60's.

The Liquidator... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m0yny9f0MY&NR=1

Post Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:58 am 
Manager
Manager

Swindon beat Arsenal in the Wembley mud of 69.

Just thinking of one on one situations in League Cups,
Don Rogers was as good as anybody in those situations, kept calm, watched the keeper, moved beautifully with the ball at his feet.

If team culture is weak losing divides the team. If team culture is strong, losing creates the hunger to win again. Either way culture rules.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:51 pm 

Loftus Road:

The view from the away end is a bit shit.

:lol:

Post Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:04 pm 
Manager
Manager

Don Rogers was a tricky, marauding winger, very hard to stifle, should have played for England. Would be worth millions in today's transfer market. He owns and runs a sports shop here in Swindon.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:08 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Loftus Road:

Mate, gooin to QPR meks Heath Toon and Whitma Reams look like Belgravia.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:45 am 
Manager
Manager

Hause was arguably our best defender last season. Added with the fact he's improving almost every match at his young age. Surely we need to find a way to fit him in the back 3 now he's fit.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:40 am 
Manager
Manager

Rozza wrote:
Loftus Road:

Mate, gooin to QPR meks Heath Toon and Whitma Reams look like Belgravia.

Indeed. Those nice young men from Ladbroke Grove Estate were always ready with some cockney wit or a rendition of Knees-up Mother Brown to welcome all to their fair city

Post Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:55 am 
Manager
Manager

SpaceMonkey wrote:
Hause was arguably our best defender last season. Added with the fact he's improving almost every match at his young age. Surely we need to find a way to fit him in the back 3 now he's fit.

He has to wait his turn as does Willy Boly because other players have come into the side and have earned the right to wear the shirt.

That's whats good about this coach, everything is done on merit while the team selection remains as consistent as possible.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:30 am 
Manager
Manager

The complete silence over the return of Boly makes me wonder if there is something more sinister that we are not privy to. Has his hamstring injury taken far longer to heal, or has he returned back to his former domicile with home sickness..?? I could be totally wrong, hopefully but something does not add up with his extended absence.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:54 am 
Manager
Manager

gladbachwolf wrote:
The complete silence over the return of Boly makes me wonder if there is something more sinister that we are not privy to. Has his hamstring injury taken far longer to heal, or has he returned back to his former domicile with home sickness..?? I could be totally wrong, hopefully but something does not add up with his extended absence.

Who know's, mate. It's been reported that Nuno doesn't like giving information out about injuries...or about anything, it seems.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:07 am 
Manager
Manager

In Nuno we trust.

( well....at least until we don't. We'm Wolves aye we )

Post Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:07 am 
Manager
Manager

SELWolf wrote:
gladbachwolf wrote:

Who know's, mate. It's been reported that Nuno doesn't like giving information out about injuries...or about anything, it seems.

Willy is fit and well according to information coming out of yesterday's open training session.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:40 am 
Manager
Manager

warn wrote:
SELWolf wrote:
gladbachwolf wrote:

Willy is fit and well according to information coming out of yesterday's open training session.

I guess we'll see him in the near future - perhaps on the left in place of Miranda.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:10 pm 
Manager
Manager

warn wrote:
SELWolf wrote:
gladbachwolf wrote:

Cheers for that, warn....

Post Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:53 pm 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
SpaceMonkey wrote:

He has to wait his turn as does Willy Boly because other players have come into the side and have earned the right to wear the shirt.

That's whats good about this coach, everything is done on merit while the team selection remains as consistent as possible.

Letting Coady and Batth play a full 120 mins on Tuesday may well have been Nuno thinking ahead as to how he can justify at least one of them stepping aside for Boly's return. Miranda rested at City surely means a start tomorrow.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:06 pm 
Manager
Manager

shropswolf wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:
SpaceMonkey wrote:

Letting Coady and Batth play a full 120 mins on Tuesday may well have been Nuno thinking ahead as to how he can justify at least one of them stepping aside for Boly's return. Miranda rested at City surely means a start tomorrow.

Neither deserves to be left out and both have no problem playing twice in a week.

I would think it will be a similar team to the PNE match other than Bonatini for Costa. Although Miranda did have a bit of a nightmare game against PNE I would expect him to keep his place.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:12 pm 
Manager
Manager

warn wrote:

I would think it will be a similar team to the PNE match other than Bonatini for Costa. Although Miranda did have a bit of a nightmare game against PNE I would expect him to keep his place.

OK, we'll have a friendly bet over that, warn. Winner gets bragging rights post Bolton fixture. Are you on? 8)

Post Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:14 pm 
Manager
Manager

We all view certain players and attributes differently, for me Miranda is one of the first names on the team sheet.
And I expect him to be a mainstay over the course of this season. Top player.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:33 pm 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
We all view certain players and attributes differently, for me Miranda is one of the first names on the team sheet.
And I expect him to be a mainstay over the course of this season. Top player.

At his best he definitely is, I agree. He just needs to avoid being caught in possession and to cut out those careless passes.

The wager with warn is just a bit of fun for the sake of being argumentative. :mrgreen:

Post Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:38 pm 
Manager
Manager

SELWolf wrote:
warn wrote:

OK, we'll have a friendly bet over that, warn. Winner gets bragging rights post Bolton fixture. Are you on? 8)

I'm in :lol:

Post Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:20 pm 
Manager
Manager

warn wrote:
SELWolf wrote:
warn wrote:

I'm in :lol:

8)

Post Posted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:00 am 

Preview and Match Facts:

Queens Park Rangers v Wolverhampton Wanderers - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41703329

Post Posted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:01 am 

In Remembrance...

Post Posted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:23 am 

The Officials...

Board index » WWFC » Match day stickies