Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » WWFC » Match day stickies

Share On:

Post Posted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:52 am 
Manager
Manager

hugh jarse wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:
I think its doing these players a massive disservice to say they were only in second gear, whatever that may be.

These guys sprint more than any other Championship side and that enables time once on the ball.

Factor in with only a 72 hour recovery period before this game many of these players were running on empty by the hour mark.

They put it all in match after match and thats what makes it look easy, when it aint easy.

Second gear, fuck off with that clichéd idle comment.

I hope that’s not a dig at me young Knocker, because I totally agree. The pace of the game wasn’t electric, but there was a lot of hard work done without the ball. Let’s hope the players, especially Costa, can benefit from this game rest period.

It was aimed at you !!!!! FIGHTTTTTTTTTT......( I'll hold your coat)

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post Posted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:02 am 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

We didn't get out of second gear as Fulham didn't challenge us enough, we worked hard but weren't challenged defensively, Ruddy hardly touched the ball, and we didn't need to up our tempo to get the goals as they came so easily, it's not a cliched comment at all as that team is still capable of more

Post Posted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:03 am 
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

suiging wrote:

Stop stirring the shit :D :D

I’m a lover, not a fighter

Post Posted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:19 am 
Manager
Manager

hugh jarse wrote:
suiging wrote:

Damn.....There goes this weekend's entertainment

Post Posted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:06 am 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

hugh jarse wrote:
suiging wrote:

Knocker also told me in confidence that you have a micro penis and you steal knickers off clothes lines?

Post Posted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:02 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Mourinhoesque, in both the positive and negative sense.

Still miffed Costa didn't come on, or subs made earlier.

http://www.steadfasttrust.org.uk/

Post Posted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:52 pm 
Manager
Manager

Rozza wrote:
hugh jarse wrote:
suiging wrote:

Knocker also told me in confidence that you have a micro penis and you steal knickers off clothes lines?

If you're referring to me. I'm not offended by what Knocker said, I'm just worried about how he found out. :shock:

Post Posted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:55 pm 
Manager
Manager

A very comfortable win, Fulham played ok without any real threat to Ruddy at all. Am a bit concerned with too many unnecessary fouls, Jota and Saiss particularly, need to cut that out as another ref would have punished us a lot more than the one last night. Overall, very happy with how the season is panning out, fingers crossed.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:10 pm 
Manager
Manager

gladbachwolf wrote:
Am a bit concerned with too many unnecessary fouls, Jota and Saiss particularly, need to cut that out as another ref would have punished us a lot more than the one last night.

I went over to a pal who has SKY to see the match and he was as shocked as I was a bit (only a bit) embarrassed by some of our tackles. Fulham put some in so we gave it to them back, is how I saw it.

Yes, we must be more careful and some refs would have punished us harder...but I'm happy to see us put it about a bit to let the oppo know that we're not a bunch of softies.

The Liquidator... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m0yny9f0MY&NR=1

Post Posted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:40 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

We do give some unnecessary fouls away but it's important that we are learning to mix it with the rough guys - just need to be cuter about it rather than blatant. The ref booked a Fulham player early on and I think that helped us a bit.

My main concern if I am being critical is that we are not killing teams off. Numerous times we breached the Fulham defensive line in the second half with incisive passing and running but we didn't make them pay and if they had come back and scored one it could have got very tense again. Defensively, we work extremely hard and we block and cover well but we still leave gaps from set pieces and are prone to the odd giveaway mistake.

It's churlish to be too critical though because we outplayed them and were good to watch yet again. We don't let teams settle when they are on the ball, and we are quick to respond when we regain possession, the whole team seem to run hard and are very energetic. I felt it was showing in the last 20 minutes after 3 games in 6 days but they kept at it and Fulham were quite demoralised by the end.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:51 pm 
Manager
Manager

suiging wrote:
Rozza wrote:
hugh jarse wrote:

If you're referring to me. I'm not offended by what Knocker said, I'm just worried about how he found out. :shock:

They were KK's frilly Labour Party knickers is how. About the Micro Penis, I think Embers has probably been blabbing in his beer about that. However, I wouldn't wish to stir the shite. :roll:

Mark Twain

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl3PabIYDTl_WqVc4Aitv_g

https://twitter.com/wolf_moscow

Post Posted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:30 pm 
Manager
Manager

Moscow Wolf wrote:
suiging wrote:
Rozza wrote:

They were KK's frilly Labour Party knickers is how. About the Micro Penis, I think Embers has probably been blabbing in his beer about that. However, I wouldn't wish to stir the shite. :roll:

:lol:

Post Posted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:43 am 
Manager
Manager

More than anyone else where would Wolves be in the league without Bonatini

Post Posted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:47 am 
Manager
Manager

CANNOCK WOLF wrote:

Yes. We wanted to bring in a twenty a season striker last window but it looks like we had him all along. Just need a good backup.

What a weekend. Just a shame that Hull could not hold on to their lead or it would have been perfect.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:53 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

SELWolf wrote:
gladbachwolf wrote:
Am a bit concerned with too many unnecessary fouls, Jota and Saiss particularly, need to cut that out as another ref would have punished us a lot more than the one last night.

I went over to a pal who has SKY to see the match and he was as shocked as I was a bit (only a bit) embarrassed by some of our tackles. Fulham put some in so we gave it to them back, is how I saw it.

Yes, we must be more careful and some refs would have punished us harder...but I'm happy to see us put it about a bit to let the oppo know that we're not a bunch of softies.

Teams put the boot in to us, we need to give it back to them and let them learn they can't kick us off the park. Refs should be giving us more protection so we don't need to respond.

http://www.steadfasttrust.org.uk/

Post Posted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:38 pm 
Manager
Manager

I felt a bit sorry for MacDonald`s card. I thought Saiss`s foot was higher to be honest. I`ve lost the plot here, was Bonatini a loan signing or permanent. Excellent, entertaining game though. Happy days.

Woo Hoo!!

Post Posted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:47 pm 
Manager
Manager

desiwulf wrote:
I felt a bit sorry for MacDonald`s card. I thought Saiss`s foot was higher to be honest. I`ve lost the plot here, was Bonatini a loan signing or permanent. Excellent, entertaining game though. Happy days.

Woo Hoo!!

Bonatini's on loan from Al-Hilal (Saudi Arabia).

Signings:
Goalkeepers:
John Ruddy - Norwich (free) 2 yrs Will Norris - Cambridge Utd (undisclosed) 3 yrs

Defenders:
Willy Boly - Porto (loan) Phil Ofosu-Ayeh - Eintracht Braunschweig (free) 3 yrs Barry Douglas - Konjaspor (£1 m) 2 yrs Ruben Vinagre - Monaco (loan) Roderick Miranda - Rio Ave (£2.5 m) 4 yrs Ryan Bennett - Norwich (free) 3 yrs Oskar-Burr - AGF Aarhus (free) 2 yrs Ming-Yang Yang - FC Winterthur (undisclosed) 3 yrs

Midfielders:
Ruben Neves - Porto (£15 m) 5 yrs Pedro Goncalves - Valencia (free) 2 yrs Boubacar Hanne - Pacos de Ferreira (free) 2 yrs Alfred N'Diaye - Villarreal (loan)

Forwards:
Diego Jota (“Teixeira de Silva”) - Atletico Madrid (loan) Leo Bonatini - Al-Hilal (loan) Benny Ashley-Seal - Norwich (released) 2 1/2 years
Jose Nuno Rodrigues Xavier - Chaves (undisclosed) 1 yr (plus 1 yr option)

Last edited by SELWolf on Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:45 am 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Bonatini's on loan from Al-Hilal not Porto

Post Posted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:33 pm 
Manager
Manager

Wolfhawk wrote:
CANNOCK WOLF wrote:

Yes. We wanted to bring in a twenty a season striker last window but it looks like we had him all along. Just need a good backup.

What a weekend. Just a shame that Hull could not hold on to their lead or it would have been perfect.

i personally disagree with the 20 goals a season striker sentiment.

for me we should have goals from all over the pitch. it makes us more difficult to mark.

www.vwcaddy.com

Post Posted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:44 pm 
Manager
Manager

whelp wrote:
Wolfhawk wrote:
CANNOCK WOLF wrote:

i personally disagree with the 20 goals a season striker sentiment.

for me we should have goals from all over the pitch. it makes us more difficult to mark.

If you have a really dangerous striker though, the opposition defence are so focused on closing him down that it creates space for others to exploit.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:53 pm 
Manager
Manager

shropswolf wrote:

If you have a really dangerous striker though, the opposition defence are so focused on closing him down that it creates space for others to exploit.

exactly my point!

it makes the whole team more difficult to mark, therefore putting them on the back foot and so on...

www.vwcaddy.com

Post Posted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:15 pm 
Manager
Manager

Can you imagine a time in the past where if the manager had a little imagination and coaching ability he might have developed past centre forwards to more rounded footballers.

Example.

Derek Dougan.

When not flicking the ball on for Richards or trying to buy a throw in down a flank what else did he have in his repertoire.

Why did the fans back then accept one dimensional football.
Where was the coaching, where was the development.

Peter Withe another striker who really tried to develop an all round game, but not at Wolves, the management/coaching team had already failed him.

This is a coach this bloke Nuno, after decades of frauds taking the office without having the abilities.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:21 pm 
Manager
Manager

I often ask myself, apart from those 306 goals, what else did Steve Bull actually bring to the team?

Post Posted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:39 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

shropswolf wrote:
I often ask myself, apart from those 306 goals, what else did Steve Bull actually bring to the team?

:lol:

Post Posted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:50 pm 
First XI
First XI

shropswolf wrote:

But think what he'd have achieved if coached properly into being a more rounded footballer? Maybe a career total of, say, 90 goals? :lol:

Post Posted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:04 pm 
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

knocker knowles wrote:
Can you imagine a time in the past where if the manager had a little imagination and coaching ability he might have developed past centre forwards to more rounded footballers.

Example.

Derek Dougan.

When not flicking the ball on for Richards or trying to buy a throw in down a flank what else did he have in his repertoire.

Peter Withe another striker who really tried to develop an all round game, but not at Wolves, the management/coaching team had already failed him.

This is a coach this bloke Nuno, after decades of frauds taking the office without having the abilities.

If only you had stepped in to take the reigns and end the misery.
Just one question for you,why was it that we loved it back then,it must have been
torment for you.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:10 pm 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:

Example.

Derek Dougan.

That Derek Dougan was right shite, innit?

Post Posted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:17 pm 
First XI
First XI

wolfrunna wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:

Example.

Derek Dougan.

If only you had stepped in to take the reigns and end the misery.
Just one question for you,why was it that we loved it back then,it must have been
torment for you.

Ain't it churlish to criticise a true Wolves legend in this way? Someone who brought the club back to life. One of the greatest characters to pull on a Wolves shirt. Wolves fans of that era cherish the memory of the Doog. Think what he could have achieved if he could do more than win throw-ins. Christ, somebody on here really does think he is God's gift to coaching. Reality check required. Big style.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:47 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Maybe not the greatest example KK could have used but I get the gist of what he is saying, just look at the difference in Coady, I'd have binned him off completely in the summer but Nuno has worked wonders with him, I'm even warming to Doherty minus the gloves

Post Posted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:17 pm 
First XI
First XI

Ironfistedmonk wrote:
Maybe not the greatest example KK could have used but I get the gist of what he is saying, just look at the difference in Coady, I'd have binned him off completely in the summer but Nuno has worked wonders with him, I'm even warming to Doherty minus the gloves

The positional change more than anything else has improved Coady. Stick him back in midfield and he would still be bang average. I credit Nuno for sticking him in the back three. I can compare that with what happened to Frankie Munro. Came as a midfielder, reborn as a wonderful centre-half. So if Nuno is credited with Coady's transformation can the "useless" coaches involved with Frankie take the credit or not?

Dougan is a legend. I hope Coady reaches that status, I really do.

Doherty was already a player even before Nuno arrived. I seem to remember him sweeping the board in the 2015-16 season player of the season awards. And he wore gloves.

Board index » WWFC » Match day stickies