Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » WWFC » Match day stickies

Share On:

Post Posted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:02 am 
Prediction League Winner 2016/17

Moscow Wolf wrote:
I was fully confident that we would be too good for Brum, but expected some thuggery and just happy that no serious injuries were sustained by our Lads.

Brum need to sort their seating out as the stadium looked empty even though there were 19k there, but how many did we take as I thought it was a poor turnout for a derby game whether live on tv or not.

Talking in Knocker speak, I just love the angles this Wolves side create and the speed with which they can move the ball around leaving the opposition chasing shadows. Some sublime football tucked away in that 94 minutes - at one point first half, Jota jinxed his way out of THREE Brum defenders around him leaving them all for dead. Saiss and someone else playing keepy uppy on the edge of our 18 yard box and still getting the ball out of defence and passed up field.

This side is fookin good and the gap in points and quality of football is beginning to show - of course, I accept that we will drop points, but if it is less than our rivals then, we're already UP. I would love to kill of teams though when in control and then, I could win the Prediction League.

Still not overly sure about Bennett, but in Nuno I trust.

Britney said 2,500 on his E&S game review.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Forever in my Heart, Mum. 26/06/58 ~ 16/03/12.

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:45 am 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Embers wrote:
Not sure how we lost our way in the second half, as we let Blues have the ball, and they grew in confidence, yet we still had a few good chances to finish them off.

I remember this Ref from a game at Molineux earlier this season, not sure which game, might have been Brizzle, but tonight his decision making was a mixed bag. Roberts should have had a straight red for the assault on Jota, but N'diaye should have gone for the same red as was given to Dean.

3 points, clean sheet, we move onto Sunderland.

N'Diaye got a yellow for pushing a player in the face/chest. Dean got a yellow for manhandling Jota. The difference was that Dean was already on a yellow.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:05 pm 
Manager
Manager

As somebody said, that was only the third gear of a seven gear box. :wink:

Post Posted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:06 pm 
Manager
Manager

Left back wrote:
Embers wrote:
Not sure how we lost our way in the second half, as we let Blues have the ball, and they grew in confidence, yet we still had a few good chances to finish them off.

I remember this Ref from a game at Molineux earlier this season, not sure which game, might have been Brizzle, but tonight his decision making was a mixed bag. Roberts should have had a straight red for the assault on Jota, but N'diaye should have gone for the same red as was given to Dean.

N'Diaye got a yellow for pushing a player in the face/chest. Dean got a yellow for manhandling Jota. The difference was that Dean was already on a yellow.

Raised hands toward the face of an opponent in any act of aggression is always much more likely to lead to a red though than shoving someone. N'Diaye was lucky yesterday.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:20 pm 
Manager
Manager

It was a grisly little scene, but not as bad as Roberts twice going through the back of Jota in the first ten minutes, both yellow card offences with the latter deserving a straight red.
I thought Nuno was very restrained towards the incidents with his post-match comments, but deep down I would imagine he's very unhappy about the lack of protection Jota gets.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:51 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Complete control in the 1st half where Blues were extremely fortunate to be only one down and have 11 men still on the pitch.

Pretty awful second half where they upped their workrate and had much more possession but still didn't manage a goal and we were really the only team that ever looked like scoring.

I think we missed Neves badly.

Let's hope Sunderland are in for a proper dicking on Saturday.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:54 pm 
Manager
Manager

woodwolf wrote:
Let's hope Sunderland are in for a proper dicking on Saturday.

A draw on Friday would be good as well.

The Liquidator... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m0yny9f0MY&NR=1

Post Posted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:14 pm 
Manager
Manager

warn wrote:
I thought Nuno was very restrained towards the incidents with his post-match comments, but deep down I would imagine he's very unhappy about the lack of protection Jota gets.

He's still waiting on the outcome of his FA charge for being sent to the stands v Bolton and so probably biting his tongue when it comes to refereeing decisions.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:32 pm 

Steve Cotterill = Deluded Fool. :lol:

https://audioboom.com/posts/6535196-cot ... d-have-won

Forever in my Heart, Mum. 26/06/58 ~ 16/03/12.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:03 pm 
Manager
Manager

wolvesforever_1979 wrote:
Steve Cotteril = Deluded Fool. :lol:

The bloke's the type of muppet UK manager who are ten a penny below Championship level and only good for being a yes man to another manager and topping up their income by visiting the Sky Sports News studio once in a while as cheap labour.

We already had our version with Deano, their turn now.

Even if they sack him, the odds of them appointing a better manager are slim to none as their board are absolutely clueless. We lucked out with Jackett to some extent, though we had to sink as low as relegation in the first place before turning a corner.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:42 pm 
Manager
Manager

shropswolf wrote:
wolvesforever_1979 wrote:
Steve Cotteril = Deluded Fool. :lol:

The bloke's the type of muppet UK manager who are ten a penny below Championship level and only good for being a yes man to another manager and topping up their income by visiting the Sky Sports News studio once in a while as cheap labour.

We already had our version with Deano, their turn now.

Even if they sack him, the odds of them appointing a better manager are slim to none as their board are absolutely clueless. We lucked out with Jackett to some extent, though we had to sink as low as relegation in the first place before turning a corner.

Bit harsh comparing Cotterill to Saunders.

http://www.steadfasttrust.org.uk/

Post Posted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:34 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

shropswolf wrote:
Left back wrote:
Embers wrote:

Raised hands toward the face of an opponent in any act of aggression is always much more likely to lead to a red though than shoving someone. N'Diaye was lucky yesterday.

I accept that but the point I was making was the Dean was only given a yellow for that particular offence. In fact, the coming together of Jota's head with Morrison's lip might have been looked at differently by other refs although Morrison moved his head forward as well. The big miss by the ref was not sending off Roberts for a dangerous tackle on Jota after he had already got away without being booked for a poor tackle.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:40 pm 
Manager
Manager

Left back wrote:
The big miss by the ref was not sending off Roberts for a dangerous tackle on Jota after he had already got away without being booked for a poor tackle.

I agree. Had he done that and taken more control of proceedings things would most probably have been easier for him later on.
It was reminiscent of the PNE game where that ref ducked under the radar and then let things get out of hand.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:22 pm 
Manager
Manager

SELWolf wrote:
Left back wrote:
The big miss by the ref was not sending off Roberts for a dangerous tackle on Jota after he had already got away without being booked for a poor tackle.

I agree. Had he done that and taken more control of proceedings things would most probably have been easier for him later on.
It was reminiscent of the PNE game where that ref ducked under the radar and then let things get out of hand.

Wheater's tackle on Jota in the Bolton game was another shocker and should have been a straight red. It was right in front of where I sit and you could sense what was going to happen. Wheater had no intent on the ball.

As a member of the 'old school,' I'm all for a robust challenge or three, but you have no chance from behind. How Jota has so far remained in one piece is a tribute to his toughness.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:07 am 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

warn wrote:
SELWolf wrote:
Left back wrote:

Wheater's tackle on Jota in the Bolton game was another shocker and should have been a straight red. It was right in front of where I sit and you could sense what was going to happen. Wheater had no intent on the ball.

As a member of the 'old school,' I'm all for a robust challenge or three, but you have no chance from behind. How Jota has so far remained in one piece is a tribute to his toughness.

The tactic of 'hitting' the star player early, or giving them a 'reminder' is an ancient and ugly ritual used in the league by neanderthal managers scratching a living with sub standard teams and has been for decades now.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:39 am 
Manager
Manager

Rozza wrote:
The tactic of 'hitting' the star player early, or giving them a 'reminder' is an ancient and ugly ritual used in the league by neanderthal managers scratching a living with sub standard teams and has been for decades now.

Hmmm, we're playing Ipswich soon. :shock: :roll:

Post Posted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:10 pm 
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

SELWolf wrote:
Rozza wrote:

While watching the Blues game, I thought the ref got it just about right only booking Roberts for the Jota tackle. Local derby, fairly early etc. But on watching it again, it was a shocking tackle. Far worse than a late tackle when you come across someone as that can be justifably mis-timed. Straight through the back, no intention to get the ball, out of control, proposer Sunday league stuff. He should have walked.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:23 pm 
Manager
Manager

hugh jarse wrote:
SELWolf wrote:
Rozza wrote:

While watching the Blues game, I thought the ref got it just about right only booking Roberts for the Jota tackle. Local derby, fairly early etc. But on watching it again, it was a shocking tackle. Far worse than a late tackle when you come across someone as that can be justifably mis-timed. Straight through the back, no intention to get the ball, out of control, proposer Sunday league stuff. He should have walked.

I'm only grateful that Thug Robinson wasn't playing for them as he did Kightly in too. Those tackles could put a player out for weeks, months or a season and need to be stamped on and is why Nuno is ranting on the touchline, but level headed in his post match interviews. I would love to see what comments get written by the Coaches for the FL about the Referees markings for the game (I assume such exists?).

The time of the Muscat is over (I thought).

Mark Twain

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl3PabIYDTl_WqVc4Aitv_g

https://twitter.com/wolf_moscow

Post Posted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:41 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

hugh jarse wrote:

It shouldn't matter if it was early, you don't apply different rules for the first 10 minutes than you do the last 10, you also shouldn't be more lenient in the Championship than you are in the Prem because it's the championship and it's expected to be more physical, maybe if they didn't let teams get away with tackling like a Sunday League team the quality of football would be better.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:24 pm 
Manager
Manager

hugh jarse wrote:
SELWolf wrote:
Rozza wrote:

If it was a Sunday League game, Roberts would have been lamped, and a 22 man brawl + spectators + a dog, would have ensued.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:29 pm 
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Embers wrote:
If it was a Sunday League game, Roberts would have been lamped, and a 22 man brawl + spectators + a dog, would have ensued.

But they'd all have a good laugh about it in the pub afterwards.......

Post Posted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:35 pm 
Manager
Manager

hugh jarse wrote:
Embers wrote:

But they'd all have a good laugh about it in the pub afterwards.......

Yep, all with comedy black eyes, and front teeth missing.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:08 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

SELWolf wrote:
Rozza wrote:

I am not so sure that MM ever employed an enforcer Sel, not one that I can remember, other than the intentional activities of Karl Henry and the accidental ones of Elokobi?

Post Posted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:38 pm 
Manager
Manager

Rozza wrote:
SELWolf wrote:
Rozza wrote:

I am not so sure that MM ever employed an enforcer Sel, not one that I can remember, other than the intentional activities of Karl Henry and the accidental ones of Elokobi?

I feel he'll want to break our game up and his players won't be playing pretty football. We'll see what happens.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:12 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

SELWolf wrote:

I feel he'll want to break our game up and his players won't be playing pretty football. We'll see what happens.[/quote]

I expect him to, but I was referring to going out deliberately stopping them playing by injuring them or constantly fouling them.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:15 pm 
Manager
Manager

Rozza wrote:
SELWolf wrote:

I feel he'll want to break our game up and his players won't be playing pretty football. We'll see what happens.

I expect him to, but I was referring to going out deliberately stopping them playing by injuring them or constantly fouling them.[/quote]
No, Mick doesn't use those tactics...does he? :wink:

Post Posted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:07 pm 
Manager
Manager

Rozza wrote:
SELWolf wrote:
Rozza wrote:

Stephen Hunt could annoy folk, but he told Morgan to shut the fuck up, so he'll do for me. I think Mick drove Owd Roger to drink mind.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:44 am 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

It just gets better from Cotterill:

When I see the other night where apparently we have not had a shot on target - we have, we have had four shots on target. What it doesn’t say is we have had four shots on target but they have all been blocked.

What would be nice to happen is for one of them blocks not to be a really good block.

And we make enough blocks as well. I would like one of their blocks to be mistimed and hit one of them on the shin and deflect in the other corner

:D :D :D

Post Posted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:32 pm 
Manager
Manager

woodwolf wrote:
It just gets better from Cotterill:

When I see the other night where apparently we have not had a shot on target - we have, we have had four shots on target. What it doesn’t say is we have had four shots on target but they have all been blocked.

What would be nice to happen is for one of them blocks not to be a really good block.

And we make enough blocks as well. I would like one of their blocks to be mistimed and hit one of them on the shin and deflect in the other corner

:D :D :D

WTF is he on about? :smt017

Board index » WWFC » Match day stickies