Manager

shropswolf wrote:
Saiss off Ndiaye on

Should have been on from the start.

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post Posted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:28 pm 
Manager
Manager

We ay gonna score if we don't start shooting. Has their keeper had to make a meaningful save yet?

Post Posted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:32 pm 
Manager
Manager

Douglas off Costa on

Post Posted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:33 pm 
Manager
Manager

Never really rated Coleman. I don`t know why, but he`s done a job here.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:36 pm 
Manager
Manager

&%#$ off with these long shots. And how slow is their keeper. Have they forgotten they are in the relegation zone?

Last edited by Wolfhawk on Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:36 pm 
Manager
Manager

Why is Neves so bad at shooting given the accuracy of his passing?

Post Posted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:38 pm 
Manager
Manager

Looks like teams are learning how to play us now. Kick the crap out of Jota.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:41 pm 
Manager
Manager

shropswolf wrote:
Why is Neves so bad at shooting given the accuracy of his passing?

It's personal. He does it just to upset you.......it seems to work

Post Posted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:44 pm 
Manager
Manager

28,488 attendance.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:46 pm 
Manager
Manager

Some great play, but lose the ball in their half very cheaply and nobody interested in trying to get in and have a shot from close range. Speculative shots from long range after superb passing play doesn't win games.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:48 pm 
Manager
Manager

5 mins added

Post Posted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:49 pm 
Manager
Manager

Bottom of the pile always a banana skin.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:54 pm 
Manager
Manager

0 - 0. Poo ay it.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:55 pm 
Manager
Manager

Froze (almost literally) under the expectation today

Post Posted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:57 pm 
Manager
Manager

Shit performance. It was always going to happen eventually, but I am really disappointed at this one.
Long shots when players should have attempted to create something. Players losing the ball cheaply in their half. Speculative shots. Poor ref. Disappointing. Nuno needs to arrest this before it sets in as the norm or Cardiff and Bristol will creep up on us.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:04 pm 
Manager
Manager

Wouldn't go too over the top about the performance. We dominated and just maybe rushed things.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:07 pm 
Manager
Manager

A long way off from the need to reach for the panic button yet. I just hope if we are in for a dip now we don`t go silly in the transfer window.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:12 pm 
Manager
Manager

desiwulf wrote:
A long way off from the need to reach for the panic button yet. I just hope if we are in for a dip now we don`t go silly in the transfer window.

No need to go silly but another striker option is a must.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:29 pm 
Manager
Manager

shropswolf wrote:
desiwulf wrote:

No need to go silly but another striker option is a must.

Totally agree.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:23 pm 
Wolves Academy
Wolves Academy

Let's not overreact here. Sunderland turned up and had 10 men behind the ball within 30 yards of their own goal and got what they wanted. Our shooting boots weren't on. We are not going to win every game so taking 4 points from two mediocre performances is a much better blip than the one Blades are currently experiencing.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:37 pm 
Manager
Manager

It may feel like a defeat, but there is no need to panic.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:07 pm 
Manager
Manager

Villa failed to take advantage and only drew. Always a bright side.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:21 pm 
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Wolfhawk wrote:
Shit performance. It was always going to happen eventually, but I am really disappointed at this one.
Long shots when players should have attempted to create something. Players losing the ball cheaply in their half. Speculative shots. Poor ref. Disappointing. Nuno needs to arrest this before it sets in as the norm or Cardiff and Bristol will creep up on us.

I think you are being a bit harsh, but my mate saw it exactly the same as you. I think Sunderland worked hard to frustrate us, and their game plan worked well. On the plus side we were rarely threatened, but on the downside a few players looked sloppy. Boly wasn't up to his usual high standard, and Bennett seemed to be struggling to me, always taking the easy option. Jota and Neves seemed to be our best players.

Onto the Owls next Friday, let's see if we can up our performance. They will be under pressure at home, I think we can beat them.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:18 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

I think Jota has been struggling by his own high standards for a few weeks now. I think it may be time to give him a rest and let Costa have a couple of starts.

Not worried by today though. We've taken 19 points from the last 7 games. I'll take that all day long.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Post Posted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:31 am 
Manager
Manager

hugh jarse wrote:
Wolfhawk wrote:

I think you are being a bit harsh, but my mate saw it exactly the same as you. I think Sunderland worked hard to frustrate us, and their game plan worked well. On the plus side we were rarely threatened, but on the downside a few players looked sloppy. Boly wasn't up to his usual high standard, and Bennett seemed to be struggling to me, always taking the easy option. Jota and Neves seemed to be our best players.

Onto the Owls next Friday, let's see if we can up our performance. They will be under pressure at home, I think we can beat them.

Those are some fair comments. I would not say I am in a panic because four points off two frustrating matches is a good return and tbf Sunderland DID park the bus. Having said that, there are some definite things that I can say about that match.

Our switch of Douglas and Costa was a great tactical move. If they were going to park the bus we might as well have swapped a wing back for a more attacking player - but - we need another striker for moments like this.

I agree that Neves did ok, but, he took a while to get started and his non-stop long range shots on goal were frustrating. With so many in their face outside the box I would have like to see more attempts and working the ball in front of the net. Who knows what could have happened. Maybe a pen even.

Not sure what the transfer window will bring because I think a lot of our pending arrivals are already at the club. Having said that - we need a striker and if possible, I would like to see a central player who can pass the ball well who can fill in for Neves if he is out.

Lets hope for an exciting January with some of our current lads being tied down.

Their keeper deserved a yellow for time wasting. Really poor ref.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:27 am 
Manager
Manager

On a tactical point if your opponent comes and just sits in your own normal pattern of play can become less relevant and there is more need to add variable attacking dynamics.

For instance the Neves and Saiss partnership can be relaxed with the possibility of adding a tens quality forward of Neves giving a closer link into the striker.

The type of dynamic that Riyad Mahrez now offers Leicester City.

Its really difficult when one team isn't interested in opening up against one of the best teams in the country at exploiting space.

Non event.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:15 pm 
Prediction League Winner 2015/16
Prediction League Winner 2015/16

Agree. We perhaps needed an alternative. The most dangerous moments were when Cav got round the back and pulled back. For me, the wide men did not attempt this often enough; against side packing the middle, finding a route through is very difficult and we have the payers with pace and skill enough to take on the full backs, get to the by-line, and pull back for .... Bonatini to smash to the corner flag....!!

On another day....

Tough game. Isn't it a tribute to how far we have come, and how much we are respected, that a team would come and play like that against us? As Nuno says - we have to get used to it and find solutions. (One of which might be to hit the target rather than row Z of the South Bank. Is there someone up there they don't like?)

Post Posted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:24 pm 
Manager
Manager

I didn't think there was much wrong with yesterday's performance other than a goal. Wolves dominated the game and had opportunities but didn't take them.

Perhaps there are some tactical tweaks that can be made but often games like yesterdays hinge on a mercurial moment or the ball bouncing for you. Nuno has already said he is 'seeking solutions', so I'll leave that to him. :D

The one thing that bugs me is the massive swing in some fans view of our performances. Wolves were not at their best but they definitely were not s***e. Still each to his own I suppose. 8)

I'm cautiously optimistic and never 'count chickens' but I do believe this team can be anyone in the league home or away .... errmmm I think. :lol:

Onward and upward.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:58 pm 
Manager
Manager

hugh jarse wrote:
Wolfhawk wrote:

Yes, Wednesday will be under pressure to take the game to us, which should be ideal. Back to yesterday, and I cannot understand why you constantly put crosses in to the box when a) we have nobody to attack the ball, and b) this tactic is meat and drink to a solid confident keeper, and big centre halves...

Our shooting was woeful, but i'm getting really pissed off with the treatment of our players, particularly Jota, but I'm not sure what the club can do?

Oh well, a game we may have lost in seasons gone by, so we take the point, and move on.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:17 pm 
Manager
Manager

Our stats in the 0-0:

72% Possession
23 Shots
4 on Target

Liverpool today 1-1 vs Everton:

79%
24 Shots
3 on Target

Just thought it was interesting how similar they are. Sometimes in football it just doesn't go for you.

Board index » WWFC » Match day stickies