Our stats in the 0-0:

72% Possession
23 Shots
4 on Target

Liverpool today 1-1 vs Everton:

79%
24 Shots
3 on Target

Just thought it was interesting how similar they are. Sometimes in football it just doesn't go for you.

Yep, I thought exactly the same after watching the Merseyside derby.
Funny old game.

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:36 am 
Manager
Manager

shropswolf wrote:
desiwulf wrote:
A long way off from the need to reach for the panic button yet. I just hope if we are in for a dip now we don`t go silly in the transfer window.

No need to go silly but another striker option is a must.

Would he add a different type of threat a more physical type of player, good in the air, second ball creation.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:35 am 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
shropswolf wrote:
desiwulf wrote:
A long way off from the need to reach for the panic button yet. I just hope if we are in for a dip now we don`t go silly in the transfer window.

No need to go silly but another striker option is a must.

Would he add a different type of threat a more physical type of player, good in the air, second ball creation.

Someone good in the air would have been handy on Saturday. Someone to either score themselves or to knock down for someone else. We used the high ball too often imo but the trouble was there were too many legs to get through with balls on the ground.

We should have run at them in the area more often as Cav did a few times; that way we might have at least got a penalty.

The Liquidator... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m0yny9f0MY&NR=1

Post Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:38 am 
Manager
Manager

a decent big man up front would at least give us another option.

sometimes when a team turns up and puts 11 and then 10 men behind the ball then you need another option.

sometimes you need to be pragmatic and try to drag the points out of the game. I'm not suggesting we abandon our frankly beautiful football we are playing at the moment but occasionally we will need to try a different tack.

www.vwcaddy.com

Post Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:51 pm 
Prediction League Winner 2015/16

Not sure. Would prefer we try to use our pacy and skilful players to weave their way and commit defenders. I agree with the comment that so to do leads to penalties!

Not sure a big guy is the answer. There are plenty of shortish players who have been very successful with header by using clever runs, create space, and have the ball played in accurately to them. You don't HAVE to be Peter Crouch (v. tall) or XXXXX (add your choice of battering ram) to win headers.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:13 pm 
Manager
Manager

SilverstoneWolf wrote:
Not sure. Would prefer we try to use our pacy and skilful players to weave their way and commit defenders. I agree with the comment that so to do leads to penalties!

Not sure a big guy is the answer. There are plenty of shortish players who have been very successful with header by using clever runs, create space, and have the ball played in accurately to them. You don't HAVE to be Peter Crouch (v. tall) or XXXXX (add your choice of battering ram) to win headers.

i understand what you are saying but in fielding a player like that you add another option.

whether you use it or not, it potentially puts the defending team on the back foot if it seems the opposition have multiple outlets.

just to mix it up a bit is what i meant.

www.vwcaddy.com

Post Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:33 pm 
Manager
Manager

SilverstoneWolf wrote:
Not sure a big guy is the answer. There are plenty of shortish players who have been very successful with header by using clever runs, create space, and have the ball played in accurately to them.

It didn't happen that way on Saturday, Mr Silver.

The Liquidator... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m0yny9f0MY&NR=1

Post Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:34 pm 

True - and I hope that is what they will be working on this week (in the tactics room, if not on the frozen Siberian waste known as Compton Park....)

Post Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:58 pm 
Manager
Manager

Cardiff only drew as well. Panic over guys! :lol:

Post Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:03 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

SpaceMonkey wrote:

2 late goals for Cardiff. It could have been even better. Dave promised us a goal and he missed a chance at 2-1 near the end. :x

Post Posted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:45 am 
Manager
Manager

whelp wrote:
SilverstoneWolf wrote:

i understand what you are saying but in fielding a player like that you add another option.

whether you use it or not, it potentially puts the defending team on the back foot if it seems the opposition have multiple outlets.

Even Arsenal mix it up more towards the end of games they are chasing with the use of Giroud over recent seasons proving very resourceful.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:17 am 
Prediction League Winner 2016/17
Prediction League Winner 2016/17

No need to get our knickers in a twist. This result is a mere bump in road...

Seven games undefeated and another clean sheet.

We are going up.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Forever in my Heart, Mum. 26/06/58 ~ 16/03/12.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:27 am 
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

wolvesforever_1979 wrote:
No need to get our knickers in a twist. This result is a mere bump in road...

Seven games undefeated and another clean sheet.

We are going up.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

:shock:

Post Posted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:48 pm 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
whelp wrote:
SilverstoneWolf wrote:

Even Arsenal mix it up more towards the end of games they are chasing with the use of Giroud over recent seasons proving very resourceful.

thats kinda what i meant, the more options you have or are seen to have then it keeps the opposition thinking.

like in a 3 on 3 situation where the striker drags someone out of position in order to open up a gap for his teamate.

www.vwcaddy.com

Post Posted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:33 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Left back wrote:
SpaceMonkey wrote:

2 late goals for Cardiff. It could have been even better. Dave promised us a goal and he missed a chance at 2-1 near the end. :x

Typical Dave shot, dragged it inside, still letting me down :lol:

Post Posted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:30 am 
Manager
Manager

[quote="Ironfistedmonk"Cardiff only drew as well. Panic over guys!

2 late goals for Cardiff. It could have been even better. Dave promised us a goal and he missed a chance at 2-1 near the end. :x[/quote]

Typical Dave shot, dragged it inside, still letting me down :lol:[/quote]

The daft thing is those final twenty minutes against Sunderland would have been the first time this season he would have been useful in a Wolves shirt.
3rd man runs.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:25 pm 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
The daft thing is those final twenty minutes against Sunderland would have been the first time this season he would have been useful in a Wolves shirt.
3rd man runs.

Under the old regime, we'd re-sign him in January. Talking of which, where is Thelwell these days, you never hear anything from him, or of him...?

Post Posted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:07 am 
Manager
Manager

Embers wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:
3rd man runs.

Under the old regime, we'd re-sign him in January. Talking of which, where is Thelwell these days, you never hear anything from him, or of him...?

Ssshhh !

Post Posted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:20 am 
Manager
Manager

Embers wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:
3rd man runs.

My concern is the transfer targets as agreed with Kevin Thelwell, Kenny Jackett, Paul Lambert is running a bit thin, and he may have to think in the singular.

Board index » WWFC » Match day stickies