Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » WWFC » Match day stickies

Share On:

Post Posted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:24 pm 
Manager
Manager

Won ugly, which you need to now and again at the top of this very hard league. Sloppy second half, just like Blues away was but we defended excellently and Ruddy was a spectator much of the time again. They are doing everything asked of them by the critics at present.

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post Posted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:27 pm 
Manager
Manager

Left back wrote:
Moscow Wolf wrote:
51 Points, who would have thought that back in July.

Another win and we should be safe. 8)

Not entirely, we went down with 51 points in 2013......we need another point... 8)

Post Posted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:28 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

gladbachwolf wrote:
Left back wrote:
Moscow Wolf wrote:
51 Points, who would have thought that back in July.

Another win and we should be safe. 8)

Not entirely, we went down with 51 points in 2013......we need another point... 8)

I was saying we need another 3. :wink:

Post Posted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:31 pm 
Manager
Manager

Another win and we should be safe. 8)[/quote]

Not entirely, we went down with 51 points in 2013......we need another point... 8)[/quote]

I was saying we need another 3. :wink:[/quote]

I get your points..... :lol:

Post Posted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:03 am 
Manager
Manager

I thought we were a bit slack, a bit sloppy, because we had some great counter attacks, and the game would have been over had we we played the clinical ball. WTF was Bennett doing in the first half with Rhodes, he was lucky to stay on the pitch, then he had the moment to finish the game, but his brain went on TILT. Cav was also very frustrating.

I guess it was just one of those performances, and I've been spoilt this season, so my expectations are
high. Still, we got another 3 points away from home, courtesy of the one moment of class in the game.

COYW

Post Posted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:04 am 
Manager
Manager

I'm just very happy.

We wore short sleeves and they wore long sleeves - northern namby-pambies.

The Liquidator... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m0yny9f0MY&NR=1

Post Posted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:00 am 
Prediction League Winner 2015/16

Love it!!

We play ok, but not really at the races; too many sloppy passes, and people making the wrong choice in last 30.... BUT HEY - we won again with another clean sheet!!!!!

What on earth will happen when we start to play well again???

Three moderate performances (2 away from home) and 7 points. What's there to not like with this squad??

Now we have a good rest to re-charge batteries and go again for a big Christmas period. Me? I'f make sue we swap around a bit over the festive season. Several players could do with a big rest, and several will be straining at the leash.

Well done Danny - came on and did a job.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:26 am 
Manager
Manager

The question mark of this Wolves team has been answered.

It was never about having the silky skills or football pedigree, we knew they had those qualities in abundance.

No the Championship also asks the other questions, the muck and nettle ones.

The question was about grit and application on nights where football takes a back seat.

This team answers all the questions, any more you want them to answer?

Very professional, great focus.

Léo Bonatini using the space Wolves have neglected for decades.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:44 am 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Even when our attack is mis-firing our defence stays strong, what a team this is.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:18 am 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Another painfully dull performance. One thing I notice is we never commit players forward, we continue to just hope a forward player does some magic on his own. Shame really with the standard of player we have that we don't play on the front foot more and seek to entertain.

http://www.steadfasttrust.org.uk/

Post Posted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:39 pm 
Prediction League Winner 2016/17

The Ale on tap at Hillsborough last night.

~ It was written in the stars. :wink:

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Forever in my Heart, Mum. 26/06/58 ~ 16/03/12.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:03 pm 
Manager
Manager

SilverstoneWolf wrote:

Needs to learn how to chest a ball mind! Funnily enough, I passed him outside Warstones Co-Op in the week, he was in full Wolves training kit, including shorts, in the snow (mek em tough up Brierley Bonk), and him and his missus were having a disagreement.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:18 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Not gonna lie, I rolled my eyes when Danny Batth was brought on. I also predicted a loss and complained for 90 about how rubbish we are. I'm glad I'm not a manager :lol: In Nuno we trust.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Post Posted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:30 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

We haven't really been at our best now for 2 and a half matches. Too much sloppy passing and too many wrong decisions. Despite that we have had our moments in all of those matches because we have players with exceptional skill and ability on the ball. We also have a very hard working and organised defence who are well marshalled by Coady so we just keep grinding out the results.

I think a few players are in need of a rest, probably Jota, Bonatini and Doherty but it is so difficult to leave them out with the contributions they have been making. I guess over the Christmas programme some players will have to take a match off and we will see whether the likes of Costa, Enobakhare, etc. can produce the goods.

Jota has been getting a bit frustrated of late and needs to curb it a bit otherwise we will be the ones down to 10 men. Others like Bennett and N'Diaye have got to remember the bigger picture too.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:43 pm 

Edited.

Last edited by wolvesforever_1979 on Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:03 pm 
Manager
Manager

Our attack seems to have hit the buffers. Bonatini in particular looks exhausted, roll on January and some reinforcements. The defence is doing a great job at the moment keeping us at the top of tree.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:43 pm 
Manager
Manager

One or two could certainly do with a rest now. We were scrappy and looked a bit complacent at times but we are grinding down those points. Miss me togger on a Saturday though.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:45 pm 
Manager
Manager

shropswolf wrote:
Our attack seems to have hit the buffers. Bonatini in particular looks exhausted, roll on January and some reinforcements. The defence is doing a great job at the moment keeping us at the top of tree.

Reinforcements would be ideal, but we will still score against sides who want to play, we were just wasteful last night. It's the sides who park the bus, or just want to be cynical, that we'll struggle against.

Should Bright be given some more game time?

Post Posted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:44 pm 
Manager
Manager

Embers wrote:
SilverstoneWolf wrote:

Needs to learn how to chest a ball mind! Funnily enough, I passed him outside Warstones Co-Op in the week, he was in full Wolves training kit, including shorts, in the snow (mek em tough up Brierley Bonk), and him and his missus were having a disagreement.

What kind of a disagreement? I had to scroll into the neighbour's garden again
to read this thanks to Wolvesforever and his fookin mobile uploads.

Mark Twain

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl3PabIYDTl_WqVc4Aitv_g

https://twitter.com/wolf_moscow

Post Posted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:15 pm 

Moscow Wolf wrote:
Embers wrote:
SilverstoneWolf wrote:

What kind of a disagreement? I had to scroll into the neighbour's garden again
to read this thanks to Wolvesforever and his fookin mobile uploads.
Sorry Mossie... If you can hear me from the garden? I'll delete the photo. :lol:

Post Posted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:36 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Surprised how little rotation Nuno has done. Bonatini was always going to struggle to do a full season and Jota looks like he could do with a rest too.

http://www.steadfasttrust.org.uk/

Post Posted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:03 pm 
Manager
Manager

THE BIG BAD WOLF wrote:
Surprised how little rotation Nuno has done. Bonatini was always going to struggle to do a full season and Jota looks like he could do with a rest too.

Perhaps the Nuno doesn't like our strength in depth much ?

Post Posted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:30 pm 

Not sure about that.

He is happy to give Costa game time, and certainly stuck with Enobakhare for quite a while - and N'diane features regularly, and Price has come off the bench a fair bit.

Not all at once, but I certainly think he could do with 'managing' all of Jota, Bonatini, Cavaleiro, Saiss and Neves over the next 3 weeks rather than expect them to play 3 games in few days. Not sure Bennett couldn't do with a rest too.

The only one I think is a MUST pick is - strangely - Coady. I just don't see anyone else doing his role as effectively as he does - and who thought I'd be saying that at the start of the season?

Post Posted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:53 pm 
Manager
Manager

I really don't buy into this ''need a rest'' stuff. They're young athletes on mega money and not exactly carrying a 25 kilo pack on their back with a rifle and being bombed and shot at.

Fook me, if someone had told me 35 years ago that I could earn £25k per week for doing a half marathon 2-3 times per week, I would have bitten their hand off.

Not many teams in this league can bring on a £10 Million substitute or have the depth we have. FFS, I had to rely on compo rations and they get specially prepared diets and a rub down after every training session and game. We just didn't have time for a warm up when the buzzer went, just shouted at by a Sergeant ROZZA type to get hands off cocks and on socks, weapon, ammo, flack jacket and out into the unknown to face the unknown. Kids today. :wink: :roll:

Right, I'm off back to finish watching Victor Meldrew does Football Management. :roll:

Mark Twain

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl3PabIYDTl_WqVc4Aitv_g

https://twitter.com/wolf_moscow

Post Posted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:09 pm 
Manager
Manager

Moscow Wolf wrote:
I really don't buy into this ''need a rest'' stuff. They're young athletes on mega money and not exactly carrying a 25 kilo pack on their back with a rifle and being bombed and shot at.

Fook me, if someone had told me 35 years ago that I could earn £25k per week for doing a half marathon 2-3 times per week, I would have bitten their hand off.

Not many teams in this league can bring on a £10 Million substitute or have the depth we have. FFS, I had to rely on compo rations and they get specially prepared diets and a rub down after every training session and game. We just didn't have time for a warm up when the buzzer went, just shouted at by a Sergeant ROZZA type to get hands off cocks and on socks, weapon, ammo, flack jacket and out into the unknown to face the unknown. Kids today. :wink: :roll:

Right, I'm off back to finish watching Victor Meldrew does Football Management. :roll:

Sadly, these sickeningly overpaid 'athletes', don't even have to wipe their own arses, if they don't want to. 'Tis the world we live in. Any road, in brighter news following a tip-off, I've bought a highly rated bottle of 27 year old Speyside Single Malt, for £30 from LIDL :smt111

Post Posted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:01 pm 
Manager
Manager

My take on the tiredness issue is more about the mental side, its retaining the spark and freshness, so the game never becomes a chore. Mental tiredness.
Imagine if you had a Christmas day three times a week, every week for months on end.

Now how would you get up each Christmas day with massive enthusiasm knowing another will come along in a few days.

Nuno has to work on that spark, keeping it fresh and driven, while the individual player has to find his own individual motivation.

Then there's the collective motivation, I think this group of players and staff have that in abundance.

Léo Bonatini using the space Wolves have neglected for decades.

Board index » WWFC » Match day stickies