Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » WWFC » Match day stickies

Share On:

Post Posted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:15 am 
Manager
Manager

It seems appropriate that the table toppers come together on the final game of the year for both clubs.

The two most entertaining teams could provide a little classic.

Here's hoping for plenty of goals in an end to end encounter.

Forecast for this one, Bristol 3 Wolves 4.

With Costa showing the confidence to match his considerable ability.

Happy new year folks. In Nuno we trust.

If team culture is weak losing divides the team. If team culture is strong, losing creates the hunger to win again. Either way culture rules.

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post Posted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:05 pm 
Manager
Manager

Blimey, that would be some humdinger. High in confidence, and playing in front of their home crowd, I'd like to think Brizzle will take the game to Wolves, allowing Costa and Jota to hit them on the break. My concern is our defence as both goals conceded at Millwall were poor, so hopefully Nuno and his team are working on this ahead of Saturday. Boly OUT, will be a big miss.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:39 pm 
Manager
Manager

Bristol City could well be 4th by the time the game starts.

This is the first time Wolves can "correct" a failure to beat a team this season.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:08 pm 
Manager
Manager

Embers wrote:
Blimey, that would be some humdinger. High in confidence, and playing in front of their home crowd, I'd like to think Brizzle will take the game to Wolves, allowing Costa and Jota to hit them on the break. My concern is our defence as both goals conceded at Millwall were poor, so hopefully Nuno and his team are working on this ahead of Saturday. Boly OUT, will be a big miss.

This game aside mate, we have just come off a history making run of clean sheets. Our defence is OK.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:41 pm 
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Embers wrote:

I thought Millwalls first goal was excellent. Superb run by Wallace and then he threaded a brilliant pass for Gregory, very good goal. Their equaliser was Keystone Kops stuff.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:05 pm 
Manager
Manager

hugh jarse wrote:
Embers wrote:

I thought Millwalls first goal was excellent. Superb run by Wallace and then he threaded a brilliant pass for Gregory, very good goal. Their equaliser was Keystone Kops stuff.

Can't believe Ruddy was being blamed for both goals on the media and given ratings between 0-3 by some. Idiots. he had no chance with the second with four of our lot in the way and they should have dealt with it.
http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sp ... 2-2-wolves

The Liquidator... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m0yny9f0MY&NR=1

Post Posted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:19 pm 
Manager
Manager

How can we win this game?

Post Posted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:21 am 
Manager
Manager

Hope I am wrong but I have a bad feeling about this one.
Bristol 2 - 1 Wolves.
Bristol are on the rise and I have had a feeling for a while now that they are serious contenders for automatic promotion.
I hope we win this - but either way we need a striker in this January to provide more options up front.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:09 am 
Manager
Manager

CANNOCK WOLF wrote:
How can we win this game?

Wolves will go to Bristol and impose their game on them, which in many respects is easier than against Millwall.
Bristol like to play through areas of the pitch that Wolves enjoy so Wolves players will always feel involved. At it as they say.
By dominating Bristol with their system its then a question of taking your chances because Bristol will get chances when they break.

Wolves right flank will be very important as it was in the reverse fixture.

If Doherty ups his quality on the ball that could prove crucial, likewise Costa coming strong like Cavaleiro did in the home fixture.

If team culture is weak losing divides the team. If team culture is strong, losing creates the hunger to win again. Either way culture rules.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:47 am 
First XI
First XI

"Can't believe Ruddy was being blamed for both goals on the media and given ratings between 0-3 by some. Idiots. he had no chance with the second with four of our lot in the way and they should have dealt with it."

First was a good move from Millwall and suppose the critisism of Ruddy comes from him stopping as he came out but that goal I think is more about credit to Millwall.

The second on the other hand I think you have to be critical of him. We have struggled defending corners all season so teams will try to exploit that and marking zonally dosn't help but there weren't 4 of our players in his way when the corner came in, Millwall simply did what every sunday morning pub side does and put a player on the keeper which he didn't deal with. Whats the betting that Bristol put a man on him at corners next game?

Games like Millwall there may be an argument for Norris playing.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:38 am 
Manager
Manager

Cymru Wolf wrote:
"Can't believe Ruddy was being blamed for both goals on the media and given ratings between 0-3 by some. Idiots. he had no chance with the second with four of our lot in the way and they should have dealt with it."

First was a good move from Millwall and suppose the critisism of Ruddy comes from him stopping as he came out but that goal I think is more about credit to Millwall.

The second on the other hand I think you have to be critical of him. We have struggled defending corners all season so teams will try to exploit that and marking zonally dosn't help but there weren't 4 of our players in his way when the corner came in, Millwall simply did what every sunday morning pub side does and put a player on the keeper which he didn't deal with. Whats the betting that Bristol put a man on him at corners next game?

It was the second ball he couldn't get to as there was a ruck of players on his right hand post. I take your point about the big bugger standing on his toes, though.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:43 pm 
Manager
Manager

SELWolf wrote:
Cymru Wolf wrote:

It was the second ball he couldn't get to as there was a ruck of players on his right hand post. I take your point about the big bugger standing on his toes, though.

It looks bad on him for the 2nd goal. He comes out but kinda just stays in no mans land and doesn't do anything. But looking at it he wouldn't have been able to do much with the 2nd header even if he had stayed on his line. So not at fault.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:28 pm 
Prediction League Winner 2015/16

Should be a Christmas Cracker!

Historically, we don't do well on TV, but this year all the customary historical negative thoughts have been confirmed to the bin of history - remember the Villa game?? I still have it saved as a reminder!!

Looking for a fast open game. I am going for us to sneak a 3-2 win in a game that shows up the tawdry nonsense of Newcastle v Arsenal served up from the "Premiership" for what it is! Why do teams 'fear' the Championship? It is a great league with many excellent clubs playing good football.

As long as clubs have SENSIBLE contracts with players, so that they are not bankrupted by relegation, then a spell in the second tier can rejuvenate the juices!!

The top Prem clubs are a delight to watch, but too many others have lost the will to 'entertain' because of 'fear'.

If we go up - and I of course believe we will (tipped us as Champions at START of campaign!!) - then let us do so and ATTACK teams - not rashly and wantonly, but play with style .... the Nuno way!!!!

Tomorrow evening should be a prime example. No defensive 'park the bus' nonsense - just go and PLAY YOUR FOOTBALL and trust in Nuno!!!

Post Posted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:58 pm 
Manager
Manager

Boly and Cav are fit to play. 8)

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/f ... t-14092845

Last edited by SELWolf on Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:02 pm 
Manager
Manager

SELWolf wrote:

:shock:

:smt041

:thcheer

SEL, may happy returns for tomorrow, here's hoping that Nuno's boys give you and Joe a very Happy Birthday. Don't forget, it's on Sky, 17:30 K.O

Post Posted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:25 pm 
Manager
Manager

Embers wrote:
SELWolf wrote:

:shock:

:smt041

:thcheer

SEL, may happy returns for tomorrow, here's hoping that Nuno's boys give you and Joe a very Happy Birthday. Don't forget, it's on Sky, 17:30 K.O

Cheers, matey. The girls and myself are going to the pub whilst the missus cooks dinner. 8)

I'm feeling happier now that I know Boly is fit. I suspect Cav will be on the bench with Costa and Bonatini starting.

I'd still take a draw, it'll be tough.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:49 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Wolfhawk wrote:
Bristol 2 - 1 Wolves.
Bristol are on the rise and I have had a feeling for a while now that they are serious contenders for automatic promotion.
I hope we win this - but either way we need a striker in this January to provide more options up front.

I'm going for a Brizzle win 2-1 tomorra followed by a draw against Brentford which will set the jitters off amongst some

Post Posted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:24 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Ironfistedmonk wrote:
Wolfhawk wrote:
Bristol 2 - 1 Wolves.

I'm going for a Brizzle win 2-1 tomorra followed by a draw against Brentford which will set the jitters off amongst some
Yep, I'm not feeling confident either. Bristol are on a high.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Post Posted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:11 pm 
Manager
Manager

Cally wrote:
Ironfistedmonk wrote:
Wolfhawk wrote:
Bristol 2 - 1 Wolves.

BAH HUMBUG, the pair 'o ya :x

FOUR points from the next TWO games, and we'll dump the Swans out of the cup to boot.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:47 pm 
Manager
Manager

SELWolf wrote:

Really surprised by that, Boly especially. This IS our year :lol:

Post Posted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:16 pm 
Prediction League Winner 2017/18
Prediction League Winner 2017/18

Cally wrote:
Ironfistedmonk wrote:
Wolfhawk wrote:
Bristol 2 - 1 Wolves.

All season long Wolves have proved us wrong and the bad times and jitters have GONE, Wolves to win 3-1 and leave the rest scraping for SECOND place :D

www.myspace.com/wolverhamptonwanderersfc
"THE WOLVES"
ImageImageImage

Post Posted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:53 pm 
First XI
First XI

Cardiff lose 0-1 v Preston. Things slowly but surely turning our way. A draw will do v Bristol.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:49 pm 
Manager
Manager

Deano's Golden Boots wrote:
Cardiff lose 0-1 v Preston. Things slowly but surely turning our way. A draw will do v Bristol.

And Lolloway had a dart thrown at him (it hit the wall) when he was getting off the bus. It'll be interesting how the authorities will handle the two incidents.

Just look at the idiot goading Millwall fans. They obviously don't like him for some reason.

https://twitter.com/footbalifights/stat ... 3418290176

Post Posted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:37 am 
Manager
Manager

Well I hope it does go in our favour.

A win and we are at the minimum ten points clear.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:41 am 
Manager
Manager

SilverstoneWolf wrote:
Should be a Christmas Cracker!

Historically, we don't do well on TV, but this year all the customary historical negative thoughts have been confirmed to the bin of history - remember the Villa game?? I still have it saved as a reminder!!

Looking for a fast open game. I am going for us to sneak a 3-2 win in a game that shows up the tawdry nonsense of Newcastle v Arsenal served up from the "Premiership" for what it is! Why do teams 'fear' the Championship? It is a great league with many excellent clubs playing good football.

As long as clubs have SENSIBLE contracts with players, so that they are not bankrupted by relegation, then a spell in the second tier can rejuvenate the juices!!

The top Prem clubs are a delight to watch, but too many others have lost the will to 'entertain' because of 'fear'.

If we go up - and I of course believe we will (tipped us as Champions at START of campaign!!) - then let us do so and ATTACK teams - not rashly and wantonly, but play with style .... the Nuno way!!!!

Tomorrow evening should be a prime example. No defensive 'park the bus' nonsense - just go and PLAY YOUR FOOTBALL and trust in Nuno!!!

Tonights just one of those games that you sit down to enjoy, no tension, just fun.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:05 am 
Manager
Manager

Wolves have gone missing a few times this season. QPR/Cardiff/Sheff Utd games spring to mind. We need to be fully on this from the first minute till the last. Bristol at home especially will really come for us.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:59 am 
Manager
Manager

SpaceMonkey wrote:
Wolves have gone missing a few times this season. QPR/Cardiff/Sheff Utd games spring to mind. We need to be fully on this from the first minute till the last. Bristol at home especially will really come for us.

We had 10 men from 15 mins onwards v Sheff Utd so that's one explanation. Cardiff stopped us from getting going, QPR were in our face, Brentford played decent football, Sunderland had an effective game plan as did Millwall. I was told that Bristol pushed us all the way but the ref was on their side...we can't win 'em all.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:36 pm 
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Ironfistedmonk wrote:
Wolfhawk wrote:
Bristol 2 - 1 Wolves.

Just when I was on the threshold of belief in the revolution,you come up with this. :roll:
As my wife is from Bristol and supports City and I want peace and quiet,I'm going for a 1-1.
I do believe the result will tell much about where we are.
Opposition now know how we play,and,must have worked out how to combat that.
Can Nuno come up with a winning formula,I believe he can.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:03 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

wolfrunna wrote:
Ironfistedmonk wrote:
Wolfhawk wrote:
Bristol 2 - 1 Wolves.

Just when I was on the threshold of belief in the revolution,you come up with this. :roll:
As my wife is from Bristol and supports City and I want peace and quiet,I'm going for a 1-1.
I do believe the result will tell much about where we are.
Opposition now know how we play,and,must have worked out how to combat that.
Can Nuno come up with a winning formula,I believe he can.

Our form has dipped and I think some of the players need a little break, Jota and Bonatini have been involved in virtually every game this season and don't look as sharp as they did earlier on

Post Posted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:01 pm 

Agree - this month would be a good time to give Jota and Bonatini a REAL break of about 2-3 weeks after Brentford - have 2 weeks in sunshine, and come back raring to go for last 18 games.

We can do it - if we get another striker early in January.

We don't want a worn-out 1st XI and a bored second string!

Board index » WWFC » Match day stickies