Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » WWFC » Match day stickies

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 144 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Share On:

Post Posted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:41 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

SELWolf wrote:
Left back wrote:

Well that was a good present for you. I hope you have had a great day.

I did, LB, from the very beginning to the end. Lots of good things happened but the winner is still revolving around my brain and it was noticeable to others that summat was going on inside my head over dinner. :mrgreen:

I still haven't calmed down yet.

Glad you enjoyed the day. The goal was one of those special moments - I bet Nuno is still replaying it in his head as well.

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post Posted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:49 pm 
Manager
Manager

lankywolf wrote:
I had to explain that sharing an embrace with a total stranger is perfectly acceptable in such circumstances.

...but as long as there are no tongues.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:18 am 
Manager
Manager

Embers wrote:
lankywolf wrote:
I had to explain that sharing an embrace with a total stranger is perfectly acceptable in such circumstances.

So Joe had a very good buffday as well, then? :mrgreen:

The Liquidator... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m0yny9f0MY&NR=1

Post Posted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:23 am 
Prediction League Winner 2016/17

F*ck me! What a game of football.

The class of 2017/18 just keep proving me wrong. :lol:

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Forever in my Heart, Mum. 26/06/58 ~ 16/03/12.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:29 am 

This thread is funny. 16 years+ (Moxey era) of abject failure will do that to a Wolves fan.

I am actually on board with IFM.

Viva la revolution.

The times are a changing. Enjoy the ride.

FWAW!

Post Posted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:45 am 
Manager
Manager

Great final goal. Had me thinking about Karl Henry's goal against Charlton in injury time.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:30 am 

Wolfhawk wrote:
Great final goal. Had me thinking about Karl Henry's goal against Charlton in injury time.
Was a turning point in the season... SEB's goal was better. :wink:

Post Posted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:37 am 
Manager
Manager

On me head son.

Emotional.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:56 am 
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

knocker knowles wrote:
On me head son.

Emotional.

It was indeed Knocker. But did you see how grounded both Bennett and Douglas were when interviewed straight after that goal? I am so proud to be a Wolves fan right now.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:04 am 
Manager
Manager

I am still buzzing this morning after a night of beers and a kebab. What a dramatic ending, we were superb with ten men and once they were also down to ten to level things out, we took the initiative and scuffed it. The best part of the evening was when Bennett scored, myself and three friends turned around to the table of Bristol fans behind us, who had been mocking us, and we all shouted; "Yessssss have it, have it..!!". Not a word in reply, exit stage left....marvellous. A statement was sent to the Division last night, we are the best, we can overcome anything....we are Wolves..!!!

Post Posted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:36 am 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Watched the game with my other half sat next to a family of Bristol STHs in a bar in Portugal. I think I was fighting back tears as they roared around the bar after taking the lead, difficult to see a way back for our 10 men.

They were much quieter when we equalised and they could see that there was only one team going to win it from that point. The joy of that winning goal was indescribable as we punched the air and it was now the Bristol crew's turn to cry. T'was an emotional moment.

Nuno is without shadow of a doubt the favourite Wolves manager of my 45 years as a supporter, and to see such passion from a man who is generally so calm and focused tells us just how much it means to him and how he is loving life at our great club.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:45 am 
Manager
Manager

The defence was magnificent when down to ten men ( who held Citah goalesss ?). We do need a number nine who can put is foot on it in such circumstances, however, when the playing field levelled......jeeeeez we were great.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:29 pm 
Manager
Manager

Left back wrote:
Mart[1001] wrote:
And here's me being a bit disheartened by all the recent 1-0's and draws and then this.....now that was a match :)

Hello Mart, good that you are still looking in. It's a good time to be a Wolves fan right now isn't it?

Not half LB, and that's exactly what I said to myself this morning after having a good look at the table and not only loving our lead but, also our superior GD.
A man down, a goal down and the manager sent to stands and.....well so what, #WolvesAyWe

Post Posted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:26 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

woodwolf wrote:

Nuno is without shadow of a doubt the favourite Wolves manager of my 45 years as a supporter, and to see such passion from a man who is generally so calm and focused tells us just how much it means to him and how he is loving life at our great club.

I wouldn't swap him for anyone else, absolutely love the bloke, his focus, his calmness 99% of the time and then the explosions of emotion like yesterday, great times to be a wolf

Post Posted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:43 pm 
Manager
Manager

Ironfistedmonk wrote:
woodwolf wrote:

I wouldn't swap him for anyone else, absolutely love the bloke, his focus, his calmness 99% of the time and then the explosions of emotion like yesterday, great times to be a wolf

We shouldn't get ahead of ourselves with so much of the season left, but I did post this on my FB page last evening:-

''Great time to be a WOLF. Watch out Premier League, The Wolves Are Coming For YOU!''

(and then topped it off with this link which they showed on Bulgarian TV last evening and is truly inspiring and awesome):-

Pre-Match Video

Mark Twain

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl3PabIYDTl_WqVc4Aitv_g

https://twitter.com/wolf_moscow

Post Posted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:39 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

An alternative Championship table -
https://twitter.com/molineuxmix/status/ ... 3444576256

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Posted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:09 pm 

Shades of 2001/02. Will the wheels fall off this time round?

Happy New Year to you all.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:26 pm 
Manager
Manager

wolvesforever_1979 wrote:
Shades of 2001/02. Will the wheels fall off this time round?

Happy New Year to you all.

I'm a regular subscriber to it...at least for the next few months. Great paper.

The Liquidator... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m0yny9f0MY&NR=1

Post Posted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:15 am 

:lol:

Post Posted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:18 pm 
Manager
Manager

Outstanding :lol:

Post Posted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:42 pm 
Manager
Manager

SELWolf wrote:
Embers wrote:
lankywolf wrote:

So Joe had a very good buffday as well, then? :mrgreen:

That last gasp winner made his day. We went up the Bowling Club to watch the game, which was rammed, and after Batth got sent off, I said if we can keep it tight then I reckon we could nick something on the break. That plan went out of the window once they scored, but when their keeper got sent off, you knew it was game on. With 15 minutes to go, I was chatting to a bloke at the bar, and said we'll still have another chance to win it...and then the place erupted. What a marvellous appetiser to a family curry. I trust you had plenty of cocktails?

Post Posted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:52 pm 
Manager
Manager

suiging wrote:
The defence was magnificent when down to ten men ( who held Citah goalesss ?). We do need a number nine who can put is foot on it in such circumstances, however, when the playing field levelled......jeeeeez we were great.

I thought Bristol missed a trick tactically once Wolves were down to ten men, they didn't shut down Wolves wide receivers.
Probably thought by shutting down Neves they wouldn't need to, but the introduction of Cav gave Wolves a floating out of the pocket pass master.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:27 am 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
suiging wrote:

I thought Bristol missed a trick tactically once Wolves were down to ten men, they didn't shut down Wolves wide receivers.
Probably thought by shutting down Neves they wouldn't need to, but the introduction of Cav gave Wolves a floating out of the pocket pass master.

The substitutions were perfect, perfectly timed, no messing around. Could we have pinched a point before their keeper got sent off? Maybe, but soon as the numbers and goals were evened up, you could visibly see Brizzle wobble.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:52 am 
Manager
Manager

Embers wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:
suiging wrote:

The substitutions were perfect, perfectly timed, no messing around. Could we have pinched a point before their keeper got sent off? Maybe, but soon as the numbers and goals were evened up, you could visibly see Brizzle wobble.

The initial team selection shocked me more than any other this season with Danny Batth for Ryan Bennett one I didn't understand.
Lucky boy Danny that his lunge and subsequent sending off didn't cost us.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 144 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Board index » WWFC » Match day stickies