Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » WWFC » Match day stickies

Share On:

Post Posted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:42 pm 
Manager
Manager

Wolves vs Norwich this Wednesday evening kick off 19:45.

The feeling is Norwich are one of the better footballing sides in the division but a little wet behind the ears to mount a promotion challenge.

Expect them to pass it for fun at times, especially in the centre of the field while Wolves look to overload them on the flanks.

Forecast for this one, Wolves 3-1 with Norwich showing real quality.

Expect Saiss to return to centre midfield to enable Wolves a better balance.

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post subject: Re: Wolves vs Norwich
 Post Posted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:12 pm 
First XI
First XI

Absolutely critical we win this. Difficult away games on the horizon means we need to nail our home matches. 2-0 to the lads will do nicely.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:45 pm 
Manager
Manager

A win is definitely needed after dropping 2 at the weekend and with Fulham away on the horizon.

I think our recent problems defending corners might again be tested with Tim Klose. Norwich should be higher in the table based on their quality to be honest, so I'm hoping they've emotionally exhausted themselves on Sunday and won't be fired up... otherwise it could be tricky.

It feels like Wolves scoring first and scoring within the first 30 minutes is always key to the outcome with us. When either of those aspects fail to transpire, it tends to be a bit messy.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:46 pm 
Manager
Manager

A nervy 2-1 with Afobe finally notching with the winner.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:26 pm 
Manager
Manager

No idea to be honest; Norwich redeemed themselves with the last kick against Mickwitch on Sunday and received some not so nice jibes coming from one of Mick's players that Norwich are not as good as last season.

Everyone wants to beat us or hold or hold us to a draw and are changing their style of play to thwart us if they can; see Doherty report in BBC Sport today. So, will Norwich fancy their chances the way they play their game or, will they try a blocking system and try to score on the break?

Mark Twain

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl3PabIYDTl_WqVc4Aitv_g

https://twitter.com/wolf_moscow

Post Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:27 am 
Manager
Manager

Thinking about it this match will probably be more difficult than the away game at Fulham where I expect Wolves will win comfortably.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:38 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

knocker knowles wrote:
Thinking about it this match will probably be more difficult than the away game at Fulham where I expect Wolves will win comfortably.

Why do you think Fulham will be easier? Norwich are better away than at home and I can see that game being a draw but Fulham are the form team right now and I can see us losing there

Post Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:31 pm 
Manager
Manager

Preston, Norwich and Fulham are 3 of the inform teams right now. Always going to be a tough run. If we can get out of these 3 games with 5 points I'd take it.

I get what KK is saying about the Fulham game. While they are THE form team, as the home team they'll hopefully be more attacking and that will suit the way Wolves play much more than Norwich at home will.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:46 pm 
Manager
Manager

Ironfistedmonk wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:

Why do you think Fulham will be easier? Norwich are better away than at home and I can see that game being a draw but Fulham are the form team right now and I can see us losing there

Infidel, blashemper, doubter and snowflake. May your testicles turn square and fester at the corners. That is my curse on you! :roll: :wink: :lol:

Mark Twain

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl3PabIYDTl_WqVc4Aitv_g

https://twitter.com/wolf_moscow

Post Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:42 pm 
Manager
Manager

Ironfistedmonk wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:

Mystic Meg strikes again. :mrgreen:

The respective outcomes will be interesting...but I'll take my hat off to you if you're correct and will ask you for next week's lottery numbers. 8)

The Liquidator... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m0yny9f0MY&NR=1

Post Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:58 pm 
Manager
Manager

Moscow Wolf wrote:
Ironfistedmonk wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:

Infidel, blashemper, doubter and snowflake. May your testicles turn square and fester at the corners. That is my curse on you! :roll: :wink: :lol:

Blimey, that's like a Gypsy's curse, or at least one from The Thieving Gypsy Bastards, in Viz :lol:

Post Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:52 am 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

SELWolf wrote:
Ironfistedmonk wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:

The respective outcomes will be interesting...but I'll take my hat off to you if you're correct and will ask you for next week's lottery numbers. 8)

I just think some people are getting a bit carried away and think we will romp away with every game when we have probably only done that 3 or 4 times this season, don't get me wrong this is THE best Wolves side I have ever seen with so much talent but I still don't think we are playing to our full potential, especially with the forwards we have.

Preston had lost 1 in 15 and some thought we would piss all over them despite the home game showing they were no pushovers, Norwich away from home are really good and I think we need to be patient in this one, don't allow them to counter and try and nick it, Fulham could be full of goals, they are so hot right now :D

I'm getting nervous now the finishing line is drawing near

Post Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:32 am 
Manager
Manager

Ironfistedmonk wrote:
SELWolf wrote:

I just think some people are getting a bit carried away and think we will romp away with every game when we have probably only done that 3 or 4 times this season, don't get me wrong this is THE best Wolves side I have ever seen with so much talent but I still don't think we are playing to our full potential, especially with the forwards we have.

Preston had lost 1 in 15 and some thought we would piss all over them despite the home game showing they were no pushovers, Norwich away from home are really good and I think we need to be patient in this one, don't allow them to counter and try and nick it, Fulham could be full of goals, they are so hot right now :D

I'm getting nervous now the finishing line is drawing near

I don't at all disagree and was merely pulling your leg. :wink: Nearly every game will be tough as it's the oppo's chance of a Cup Final against us.

Of course I'd just love us (to quote Keagan) to finish the season as Champs but if it's only by one point secured on the last day of the season that will be good enough for me. :mrgreen:

Post Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:33 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

SELWolf wrote:
I don't at all disagree and was merely pulling your leg. :wink: Nearly every game will be tough as it's the oppo's chance of a Cup Final against us.

Of course I'd just love us (to quote Keagan) to finish the season as Champs but if it's only by one point secured on the last day of the season that will be good enough for me. :mrgreen:

That's way too much drama for my liking! I want the title sown up asap

Post Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:25 pm 
Manager
Manager

Ironfistedmonk wrote:
SELWolf wrote:

That's way too much drama for my liking! I want the title sown up asap

Aaaah, patience is a virtue. Enjoy the ups and downs of the Wolferamperton roller coaster.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:57 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

SELWolf wrote:
Ironfistedmonk wrote:

Of course I'd just love us (to quote Keagan) to finish the season as Champs

I'd love it, I'd really love it.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:59 pm 
Manager
Manager

1-0 Jota :D

Post Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:59 pm 
Manager
Manager

1-0 Jota

Post Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:00 pm 
Manager
Manager

shropswolf wrote:
1-0 Jota :D

Slight echo there shrops.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:02 pm 
Manager
Manager

Goalline technology gave it - Norwich player on the line thought he'd done enough.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:09 pm 
Manager
Manager

Own goal - in off the defender via the keeper.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:09 pm 
Manager
Manager

Fake news until we get a woo hoo

Post Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:10 pm 
Manager
Manager

2-0 :D

Post Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:11 pm 
Manager
Manager

Looking comfortable now. Woo Hoo!!

Post Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:12 pm 
Manager
Manager

2-1 Typical lack of concentration undoes a great start

Last edited by shropswolf on Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:13 pm 
Manager
Manager

ER....oh poo!

Post Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:21 pm 
Manager
Manager

Neves out of the next 2 matches with a suspension

Post Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:22 pm 
Manager
Manager

shropswolf wrote:
Neves out of the next 2 matches with a suspension

It was inevitable eventually.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:23 pm 
Manager
Manager

Derby losing to Leeds

Post Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:25 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Neves will banned for the next two games after receiving a booking.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Board index » WWFC » Match day stickies