Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » WWFC » Match day stickies

Share On:

Post subject: Re: Fulham vs Wolves
 Post Posted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:37 pm 
Manager
Manager

For such a talented player, Jota has missed 2 absolute sitters this season. Weird.

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post Posted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:41 pm 
Manager
Manager

Its unbelievable the level of criticism this team get when it loses...lol
Still top

Post Posted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:57 pm 
Manager
Manager

We started brightly, but Costa's indecision is hurting us. There was a worrying lack of urgency, and in front of goal we are profligate Lot's of nice passing, triangles, etc, but ZERO end product. We missed Neves big time, and a lot of passing seemed premeditated, giving it away needlessly with Saiss being the main culprit.

Big week ahead for Nuno, and as Wolfhawk said he needs to crack the whip, but first some reflection...and some introspection.

We will bounce back

Onwards and upwards

COYW

Post Posted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:00 pm 
Manager
Manager

I need to chill out for a few days. That's all.

The Liquidator... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m0yny9f0MY&NR=1

Post Posted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:23 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

It was almost like watching the Wolves again. Giving the ball away, no control in midfield, no bite up front. We need to get back to where we were and quickly.

Great day watching sport for me. I watched GB lose the curling this morning, then I watched Wolves, then I watched a recording of England Rugby as live to complete the hat trick of losses. Roll on tomorrow.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:43 pm 
Manager
Manager

Cav and Neves are playing well but the rest of the players have dropped off considerably. What has happened to Bonatini? and Jota is also struggling, which is understandable given how much he was used this season without a break.

Our full-backs which are so vital to this formation seem to have lost a lot of impact on matches that they were having previously. All in all the team needs to put more effort in.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:05 am 
Manager
Manager

I thought we played quite well. pretty even first half, opened the second well yet the run of the ball ran kindly for Fulham. Good game. We move on.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:04 am 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

This is what I meant when I said a few months ago that we need more intensity to our game, we were slow in possession, got caught on the ball and made lots of sloppy passes, we got in to some great positions yesterday but the decision making and final ball/shot just isn't there at the moment. You watch sides like Man City and the focus is there in what they do, they are sharp and they are ruthless, we need to be ruthless.

I agree with Embers I think Costa is half the player he was last season and doesn't seem to have any confidence in his play, the Leo, Cav and Jota forward line was when we were at our best, and teams have now sussed out our defence and are putting forwards up against Coady who was probably at fault for both goals.

I'm getting very nervous now

Post Posted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:13 am 
YTS

So we lost away to the form team in our league and panic ensues. A few better choices and / or passes in the final third last night and we’d have got at least a point. We still looked very dangerous.

This is still the most exciting, best team I’ve seen in 38 years of supporting Wolves. We’re not the best team in the country and don’t have a right to win every game. I quite like it that way. The ups wouldn’t be so good if we didn’t have a few downs.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:28 am 
Manager
Manager

da_ken_min wrote:
So we lost away to the form team in our league and panic ensues. A few better choices and / or passes in the final third last night and we’d have got at least a point. We still looked very dangerous.

This is still the most exciting, best team I’ve seen in 38 years of supporting Wolves. We’re not the best team in the country and don’t have a right to win every game. I quite like it that way. The ups wouldn’t be so good if we didn’t have a few downs.

Well said that man.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:41 am 
Manager
Manager

suiging wrote:
da_ken_min wrote:

Well said that man.

Seconded.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:19 am 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Left back wrote:
It was almost like watching the Wolves again. Giving the ball away, no control in midfield, no bite up front. We need to get back to where we were and quickly.

Great day watching sport for me. I watched GB lose the curling this morning, then I watched Wolves, then I watched a recording of England Rugby as live to complete the hat trick of losses. Roll on tomorrow.

I did all that and also had a 10/1 winner demoted to second via a stewards enquiry, I must have killed a Robin or summat yesterday.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:28 am 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

I don't think we were disastrously bad yesterday. Fulham took their chances and we didn't. A few players do seem to have lost their mojo though.

Early season we were dominating possessionin in most games. Now it seems rare that we have more of the ball. We seem happy to let our opponents have it then break on them when it breaks down. This is fine against low quality opposition, however against teams with higher quality creative players, it's a dangerous game.

I'm curious as to why Nuno has changed our mentality towards possession of the football as the season has progressed.

Luckily we do have games against teams that don't have a great deal of quality so that should be enough to get us over the line.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Post Posted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:53 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Similar story to last season, they just had more bite up front. Mitrovic was the difference whereas we are relying on striker who looks to have hit a wall and another still finding his way. Strikers win games and Mitrovic won this one.

http://www.steadfasttrust.org.uk/

Post Posted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:24 pm 
Manager
Manager

I forced myself not to comment on the game until my 'kick the dog, snap at the Wife' moments had passed and I am still somewhat perturbed by the 90+ minutes (minus pee and wine glass filling moments), that I viewed yesterday evening.

Too many 'Hollywood' moments, too many flicks when a straight ball would have had far more chances of reaching its target. Yes, we can play football albeit, we could have made it so far easier on ourselves IF we had tried to cut out the TV ''look at me'' stuff.

First half, I thought that it was just a matter of when we will score until, after holding out as long as I could on my recliner, I went to relieve myself and fill my wine goblet and the barstewards had scored.

Second half, I thought that we were always chasing the game even though we created chances, our finishing is poor, not clinical and it is like we need to walk it into the goal instead of shooting from where, there and everywhere.

This waning February and March are going to be tough months, but everyone is dropping points, but we need to be tighter, more in control of our own passing and really far more clinical in front of goal IF we're going to stand a chance of staying up next season.

WTF was that Ruddy double fisted punch about when not under any pressure and as I saw it, an easy catch? Still, not criticising, just wondering.

Mark Twain

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl3PabIYDTl_WqVc4Aitv_g

https://twitter.com/wolf_moscow

Post Posted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:06 pm 
Manager
Manager

lankywolf wrote:
I don't think we were disastrously bad yesterday.

I'm saying nothing. :(

Post Posted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:06 pm 
Manager
Manager

Moscow Wolf wrote:
WTF was that Ruddy double fisted punch about when not under any pressure and as I saw it, an easy catch? Still, not criticising, just wondering.

I think everyone watching the game up Penn Bowling Club uttered a 'WTF' when Ruddy did that. It was a heads-gone moment, and I wonder if his head has gone, following that Norwich clanger? When the camera panned in on him following the incident, he looked like he'd just been told that his Wife had run off with his Sister :lol:

Post Posted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:10 pm 
Manager
Manager

Embers wrote:
Moscow Wolf wrote:

I think everyone watching the game up Penn Bowling Club uttered a 'WTF' when Ruddy did that. It was a heads-gone moment, and I wonder if his head has gone, following that Norwich clanger? When the camera panned in on him following the incident, he looked like he'd just been told that his Wife had run off with his Sister :lol:

He's conceded two similar goals in consecutive matches. That spells disaster as teams will have picked that up. I think he's conceded others like that in previous games if I remember rightly.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:31 pm 
First XI
First XI

SELWolf wrote:
Embers wrote:
Moscow Wolf wrote:

He's conceded two similar goals in consecutive matches. That spells disaster as teams will have picked that up. I think he's conceded others like that in previous games if I remember rightly.

I think his shakey form is getting to our defence. Give Norris a chance next match.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:33 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Moscow Wolf wrote:
This waning February and March are going to be tough months, but everyone is dropping points.
Quote:

Except Bloody Cardiff. So like when WBA caught us - grinding out 1-0 wins. Do I not like Colin.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:41 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Deano's Golden Boots wrote:

I think his shakey form is getting to our defence. Give Norris a chance next match.

I somehow doubt if Nuno will want to do that. He wouldn't want to reduce Ruddy's confidence further. I think our defence yesterday was more shaky because of Neves absence. No one else in the middle makes themselves so available to receive the ball with the ability to turn an opponent and find a pass. I think N'Diaye can be a bit of a liability in his own half as he is quite careless with the ball. He is much better playing in the opposition half.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:49 pm 
Manager
Manager

Left back wrote:
Deano's Golden Boots wrote:

I somehow doubt if Nuno will want to do that. He wouldn't want to reduce Ruddy's confidence further. I think our defence yesterday was more shaky because of Neves absence. No one else in the middle makes themselves so available to receive the ball with the ability to turn an opponent and find a pass. I think N'Diaye can be a bit of a liability in his own half as he is quite careless with the ball. He is much better playing in the opposition half.

I think you're right.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:47 pm 
Manager
Manager

Left back wrote:
Moscow Wolf wrote:
This waning February and March are going to be tough months, but everyone is dropping points.
Quote:

Except Bloody Cardiff. So like when WBA caught us - grinding out 1-0 wins. Do I not like Colin.

Understand your historically based nervousness, but THIRD is surely a bridge too far for anyone else to catch us - 'Mind the Gap'. :idea: :!: :?:

I think that a few Yellow cards would be worth it - IF we kick the shite out of Colin Wanker's Cardiff and beat them at their place into the bargain.

Mark Twain

Post Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:58 am 
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Left back wrote:
Moscow Wolf wrote:
Quote:

Who does,but he's good at his job ay he ?

Post Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:41 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

wolfrunna wrote:

I know - in a pantomime villain sort of way.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:45 pm 
Manager
Manager

Left back wrote:
wolfrunna wrote:

The game needs characters like Warnock and Holloway otherwise, it would be pretty damned boring and who would have thought that he could get Cardiff where they are on around £5 Million squids. :idea:

Mark Twain

Post Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:48 pm 
Manager
Manager

Moscow Wolf wrote:
Left back wrote:
wolfrunna wrote:

The game needs characters like Warnock and Holloway otherwise, it would be pretty damned boring and who would have thought that he could get Cardiff where they are on around £5 Million squids. :idea:

Would liked to have seen Holloway's post-match interview from Saturday :lol:

Post Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:13 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Moscow Wolf wrote:
Left back wrote:
wolfrunna wrote:

I reckon our best hope with Warnock at 69, is for a heart attack .................. may hate him, but gotta respect him for what he has achieved. Comes over a bit like Mick on steroids.

Board index » WWFC » Match day stickies