Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » WWFC » Match day stickies

Share On:

Post Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:03 pm 
Manager
Manager

Are you waiting for another twist in the season, yeah, me too.

Reading at home in the late Saturday afternoon fixture in a game Wolves should win, could draw yet its possible to lose.

Whatever the result, lets live in the moment and enjoy football for what it is, unpredictable.

My forecast Wolves 1 Reading 1, yet I wouldn't be surprised if Wolves scored a second.

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post subject: Re: Wolves vs Reading
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:44 pm 
Wolves Reserve
Wolves Reserve

Denjerus and Bod to make their returns ..and another late kick off for us as Cardiff could potentially be only three points behind us before we even warm up ... anxiety sucks.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:20 pm 
Manager
Manager

Trying not to be anxious about this game, but failing :lol:

Post Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:01 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

I'm feeling the anxiety levels too but at least KK has told me that we will either win, draw, or lose.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:33 pm 
Prediction League Winner 2015/16

I will travel in confident expectation of a glorious victory (but then again I always do!)

Wonder if Nuno will go with 'tried and tested', or decide that it is time for change?

For me, it is certainly time for Costa to be rested (he just didn't look interested in winning the ball on Saturday, and Fulham are hardly a team of cloggers!).

I also think one of Batth or Hause should come in - the back 3 are looking a bit TOO casual and maybe need a bit of a 'wake up call'....

And I think it is time to see Vinaigre again; Douglas looks a bit jaded. We could do with Vinaigre PROVIDED he bombs up and down the wing as he did in early games.

The big question is up front. Jota & Cav are certainties for me... but who with? Bonatini looked bereft of confidence in box. Is Afobe the man?? Is Bright fit? Or one of the youngsters... is Wilson about? Need something different!

Post Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:35 pm 
Manager
Manager

A win for Wolves

Post Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:58 pm 
Manager
Manager

I'm hoping that they'll be doing plenty of attacking drills this week in training, with the onus on shooting and finishing, to the point they can score blindfold. Cav and Costa must have it drilled in to them to use their pace to take the opposition on, not stopping to check back, and starting another round of passing, GO FOR GOAL. Costa needs to pull his finger out, and believe in himself like he did before his injury. I hope Jota has the bit between his teeth, but I'm not sure about Bonatini and Afobe. The key for me is being clinical in finishing the numerous chances we create, and stop fannying around. Do this, and we win, simples.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:19 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Embers wrote:
I'm hoping that they'll be doing plenty of attacking drills this week in training, with the onus on shooting and finishing, to the point they can score blindfold. Cav and Costa must have it drilled in to them to use their pace to take the opposition on, not stopping to check back, and starting another round of passing, GO FOR GOAL. Costa needs to pull his finger out, and believe in himself like he did before his injury. I hope Jota has the bit between his teeth, but I'm not sure about Bonatini and Afobe. The key for me is being clinical in finishing the numerous chances we create, and stop fannying around. Do this, and we win, simples.

I hope you are not advocating direct attacking football Mr Embers, tsk tsk, HERECY!

Post Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:35 pm 
Manager
Manager

Embers wrote:

All the front runners want to walk the ball into the net. It's exasperating.

The Liquidator... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m0yny9f0MY&NR=1

Post Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:51 pm 
Manager
Manager

Rozza wrote:
Embers wrote:

I hope you are not advocating direct attacking football Mr Embers, tsk tsk, HERECY!

I'm not advocating direct attacking football per se, rather an attacking passing game, with a bit more directness :wink:

Post Posted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:05 am 
Manager
Manager

Left back wrote:
I'm feeling the anxiety levels too but at least KK has told me that we will either win, draw, or lose.

He forgot the wildcard. Abandoned due to snow!

Post Posted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:42 am 
Manager
Manager

SpaceMonkey wrote:
Left back wrote:

He forgot the wildcard. Abandoned due to snow!

Or the most likely possibility that it won't even start at all.

The Liquidator... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m0yny9f0MY&NR=1

Post Posted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:30 pm 

Could be a tricky decision. Sky will want the match to go ahead. The police may well have a view on the safety of the hill behind the south bank.

Me? I am due to drive from Cotswolds, son driving from Surrey (or to Banbury & train from these). 2 mates coming - one from Deal, Kent; other from near Southampton. Hotel booked Saturday night (and paid for...!)

We're all saying 'wait an see what weather brings' to see if and how we can make it. Could be a nightmare - and could be great ... just like the match...!!

Post Posted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:43 pm 
Manager
Manager

SilverstoneWolf wrote:
Could be a tricky decision. Sky will want the match to go ahead. The police may well have a view on the safety of the hill behind the south bank.

Me? I am due to drive from Cotswolds, son driving from Surrey (or to Banbury & train from these). 2 mates coming - one from Deal, Kent; other from near Southampton. Hotel booked Saturday night (and paid for...!)

We're all saying 'wait an see what weather brings' to see if and how we can make it. Could be a nightmare - and could be great ... just like the match...!!

Silver, I'd overlooked the Sky TV aspect, and that could swing it, unless the weather is that bad there is no option but to cancel. Hmmmm...? It's the weekend, I want to see some pals for a pre match beer or two, and I want to see The Wolves with my boy.

Are you staying anywhere nice, anywhere local to Wolves? If you haven't stayed here before, then it's highly recommended and I can personally recommend the restaurant having had an anniversary meal there. Not sure if SEL has stayed there, or anyone else on here?

http://www.aparkviewhotel.co.uk/

Post Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:22 am 
Manager
Manager

Shrewsbury were meant to be on Sky last Tuesday but the game was still called off, so I doubt Sky alone will determine anything.

Usually it is the fear of people falling on the surrounding streets that causes councils to break out into a panic and cancel events.

We need the game on to get rid of Neves' suspension before Leeds away. And hopefully to settle our nerves with a win against a team bang of out form, rather than having to rectify things at Elland Road.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:39 pm 
Manager
Manager

Embers wrote:
SilverstoneWolf wrote:

Silver, I'd overlooked the Sky TV aspect, and that could swing it, unless the weather is that bad there is no option but to cancel. Hmmmm...? It's the weekend, I want to see some pals for a pre match beer or two, and I want to see The Wolves with my boy.

Are you staying anywhere nice, anywhere local to Wolves? If you haven't stayed here before, then it's highly recommended and I can personally recommend the restaurant having had an anniversary meal there. Not sure if SEL has stayed there, or anyone else on here?

If your struggling for somewhere to Park on matchdays, especially during the bad weather, you can park on the Park Hotel car park for a fiver.
Fish and chips in the restaurant will knock you back 8 quid.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:44 pm 

Embers wrote:
SilverstoneWolf wrote:

Thanks - yes - am a regular. Stay there whenever we need a stay in Wolverhampton (either after games or other events). Great welcome, lovely owners, and quite the best breakfast in England - fabulous array of fruit and individually cooked bacon etc.... But sssshhhhhhhh!!!! - or we won't be able to book in future (they already sell out most weekdays!)

Post Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:29 pm 
Manager
Manager

If our game goes ahead,we desperately need to win now that Cardiffs game has been postponed.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:23 pm 
Manager
Manager

gladbachwolf wrote:
If our game goes ahead,we desperately need to win now that Cardiffs game has been postponed.

Absolutely. Points on the board, and Cardiff could have to play seven games in April, and we have the Villa derby next week...after Leeds, who are being turned over at Boro right now.

Post Posted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:18 am 
Manager
Manager

We need a win for the sake of morale. We could do with a bit more squad rotation I think. I don`t think Nuno is a big fan of it though. I would like to see the young lad given a few games in goal for a start. One or two outfield players are looking a bit jaded too. I know the old argument about players are supposed to be super fit and it`s only 1 or 2 ninety minute games a week but rotation is good for the mental state as well as the physical state for some players.

Post Posted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:28 am 
Manager
Manager

GAME POSTPONED.

Post Posted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:39 am 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

No surprise really, mountains of snow and icy roads and pavements, in fact Wolvo is so cold I just saw 5 Romanian blokes in Dudley street with their hands in their own pockets.

Post Posted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:24 pm 
Manager
Manager

Rozza wrote:
No surprise really, mountains of snow and icy roads and pavements, in fact Wolvo is so cold I just saw 5 Romanian blokes in Dudley street with their hands in their own pockets.

:shock: :lol:

Post Posted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:12 pm 
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Fulham are coasting on what on paper us their only hard fame left....if they continue this form they will be a threat for automatic promotion and favourites to win the playoffs...

95 points possible.

Post Posted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:20 pm 
Manager
Manager

caribbean wolf wrote:
Fulham are coasting on what on paper us their only hard fame left....if they continue this form they will be a threat for automatic promotion and favourites to win the playoffs...

95 points possible.

I think we could well need to hit 92 points to have a chance of going up. There's 3 teams currently going at a heck of a pace, win after win.. and we ain't one of them.

Post Posted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:39 pm 
Manager
Manager

caribbean wolf wrote:

95 points possible.

They've beaten Us, Derby and Villa in the space of a few weeks. Shows maybe we shouldn't feel too bad about the loss imo. Derby really are in trouble of missing the automatic places, I bet the Derby fans LOVE Stoke right now :lol:

Also this means Neves misses the Leeds game instead? Not sure if that's better or worse.

Post Posted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:43 pm 
Manager
Manager

caribbean wolf wrote:

95 points possible.

Fulham are coming through like a train, and we need to click and go on a winning run to ease any tension, otherwise April will be a nightmare! I reckon we need 4 points from Leeds and Villa away, which is a big ask, but what we realistically need.

Before we go to Leeds...

Cardiff v Barnsley
Fulham v Sheff Utd
Sunderland v Villa

Before we play Villa...

Cardiff v Blues
Preston v Fulham

Post Posted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:06 pm 
Manager
Manager

Fulham are 11 points behind us and we have a game in hand. If we lose form enough that they pull in that gap, then chances are both Cardiff and Villa will have overtaken us as well.

Post Posted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:22 pm 
Manager
Manager

SpaceMonkey wrote:
Fulham are 11 points behind us and we have a game in hand. If we lose form enough that they pull in that gap, then chances are both Cardiff and Villa will have overtaken us as well.

Why would us losing form mean both Cardiff and Villa will fall behind Fulham? Fulham have already played them both so their results have no direct bearing on them.

Post Posted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:04 pm 
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

shropswolf wrote:
SpaceMonkey wrote:

Why would us losing form mean both Cardiff and Villa will fall behind Fulham? Fulham have already played them both so their results have no direct bearing on them.

I think what is meant is if Fulham catch us it's likely villa and Cardiff will too. But of course who can tell who will make the points...all of the top four could get 92 points or not as the case may be...

So we need to aim at 2 points a game to finish on 97 and not worry about the others ....the worrying thing is if you take the last eight games we have only 12 points....that form will not be good enough

Board index » WWFC » Match day stickies