Board index » WWFC » Match day stickies

Share On:

Post Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:42 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Moscow Wolf wrote:
Ironfistedmonk wrote:
SpaceMonkey wrote:
They've been kicked all over the pitch for like 8 months straight now and most of the time the ref has done nothing to stop or punish it. I can't blame them for losing their rag once or twice tbh.

I mentioned this on The Mix, we have had 39 games of being kicked all over the place and decisions not being given our way and I think it boiled over

Two Timing SLUT. :wink: :roll: :lol:

It's not you, it's me

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:20 pm 
Manager
Manager

shropswolf wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:
With a far better quality of official.

I think you are being generous to the PL group there. A marginally better quality of official perhaps, none being deemed world standard for the World Cup.

They were very unfair against us under DJ's tenure and they were unfair against us under Mick. I don't expect there to be much difference next time we're there.

The Liquidator... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m0yny9f0MY&NR=1

Post Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:22 am 
Manager
Manager

shropswolf wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:
With a far better quality of official.

I think you are being generous to the PL group there. A marginally better quality of official perhaps, none being deemed world standard for the World Cup.

On top of the quality aspect, next season will be a return to the Wolves v big club refereeing performances where the Frank "Not that type of player" Lampards of the world are free to nigh break our players legs and get a yellow as most and the Liverpool keeper can run the length of the pitch to tell the ref to send our players off - and he will oblige.

Look at that Mane situation yesterday in the Palace-Liverpool game: a clear handball, the ref gives the freekick, but bottles the mandatory yellow for deliberate handball because Big Club Liverpool will lose a player.

I think the Premier league suits a particular type of player, the type Wolves have in abundance.
Good technically and having the ability to move the ball at speed.
Its becoming a non contact sport with players frightened of going to ground in the tackle as badly timed challenges draw cards every time.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:52 am 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

The way the Premier League is referee'd is totally different to the championship, it's almost non-contact in the Prem whilst in the champ they seem to think agricultural football is the norm and let lots of things go that would be punished at the higher level, the rules of the game should be applied the same at every level but over here they aren't. I've read foreigners criticise our refs for thinking they need to dictate play and it does seem that way at times, they get far too involved and interprete the rules how they see fit instead of applying them how they should.

We should get more protection if we are promoted but then the big club bias that refs also have at that level comes in to play to balance that out, so we will probably still be moaning about bad refs anyway :D

Post Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:43 am 
Manager
Manager

Ironfistedmonk wrote:
The way the Premier League is referee'd is totally different to the championship, it's almost non-contact in the Prem whilst in the champ they seem to think agricultural football is the norm and let lots of things go that would be punished at the higher level, the rules of the game should be applied the same at every level but over here they aren't. I've read foreigners criticise our refs for thinking they need to dictate play and it does seem that way at times, they get far too involved and interprete the rules how they see fit instead of applying them how they should.

We should get more protection if we are promoted but then the big club bias that refs also have at that level comes in to play to balance that out, so we will probably still be moaning about bad refs anyway :D

Attwelll has had plenty of Prem experience. Is he operating by the rules of the Chump or his own rules?

Post Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:35 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

SELWolf wrote:
Ironfistedmonk wrote:

Attwelll has had plenty of Prem experience. Is he operating by the rules of the Chump or his own rules?

It's that dictating the play thing, if a challenge is worthy of a red in the second half of a game it should be a red in the first, but it doesn't work that way over here and they let things slide. The Boro game was a perfect example, we got booked second half for things that Boro got a talking to first half, and we've seen it time and again this season where the opposition hits us hard early and gets away with it which has lead to worse tackles later in the game. I'm amazed we haven't had more injuries this season with some of the tackles we have been on the end of, then Neves gets booked for a little shirt tug :roll:

Post Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:46 pm 
Manager
Manager

Ironfistedmonk wrote:
SELWolf wrote:
Ironfistedmonk wrote:

It's that dictating the play thing, if a challenge is worthy of a red in the second half of a game it should be a red in the first, but it doesn't work that way over here and they let things slide. The Boro game was a perfect example, we got booked second half for things that Boro got a talking to first half, and we've seen it time and again this season where the opposition hits us hard early and gets away with it which has lead to worse tackles later in the game. I'm amazed we haven't had more injuries this season with some of the tackles we have been on the end of, then Neves gets booked for a little shirt tug :roll:

But if you listen to what Pullis had to say about the treatment meted out to his precious players it would make you cry.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:06 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Pulis is a bitter old dinosaur, like most of the British managers who are being shown up for what they are at the moment, we really need to move with the times or the national team will end up Lge 1 standard

Post Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:07 pm 
Manager
Manager

Ironfistedmonk wrote:
Pulis is a bitter old dinosaur, like most of the British managers who are being shown up for what they are at the moment, we really need to move with the times or the national team will end up Lge 1 standard

That's an understatement. Just my opinion, of course. 8)

Board index » WWFC » Match day stickies