Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » WWFC » Match day stickies

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Share On:

Post Posted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:28 pm 
Wolves Reserve
Wolves Reserve

oskar buur

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:29 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

lol and who the fook is oscar buur? where did we dig him up from.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:31 pm 
Manager
Manager

Embarassing that the 18 year old debutant defender has to rescue Afobe, Costa, Cav et al.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:36 pm 
Wolves Reserve
Wolves Reserve

celebrations

Last edited by DazDC5 on Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:39 pm 
Wolves Reserve
Wolves Reserve

Full time 2-2

Post Posted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:42 pm 
Manager
Manager

Although tonight's result and performance are very disappointing, before Boro we would have taken 4 points from six, so look at it from that standpoint. Plus, the players are probably psyching themselves up for Cardiff. We did not lose, so onwards and upwards for Cardiff...

Post Posted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:45 pm 
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Not a disaster....a draw at Cardiff and we would still be in the box seat.

Last edited by caribbean wolf on Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:48 pm 
Manager
Manager

I think that Oskar Buur just saved us from potentially losing the Championship 101 to 100 to Cardiff.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:52 pm 
Manager
Manager

The sloppy concentration lapses of our players at times would lead to some shocking results at a higher level. You just cannot stop playing in professional football matches and cruise along.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:58 pm 
Manager
Manager

I think that being so far ahead in Jan / Feb led to our players switching off the full concentration mode required in this league. I trust that Nuno has seen this and sorts it out asap.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:12 pm 
Manager
Manager

gladbachwolf wrote:
I think that being so far ahead in Jan / Feb led to our players switching off the full concentration mode required in this league. I trust that Nuno has seen this and sorts it out asap.

Maybe playing at a higher level will help focus the mind, I think it might be too much to ask of a good few of our attackers though. Neves is the only attacking player we have who plays with the right mentality imo for the full game.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:56 pm 
Manager
Manager

It's extremely hard to not drop points during midweek games. How many teams won both the weekend and midweek fixtures? not many I would say. It's going to be worse with the same thing happening next week.

Just don't lose to Cardiff and we'll be good.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:09 pm 
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

SpaceMonkey wrote:
It's extremely hard to not drop points during midweek games. How many teams won both the weekend and midweek fixtures? not many I would say. It's going to be worse with the same thing happening next week.

Just don't lose to Cardiff and we'll be good.

Yes but nothing can be taken for granted ....on form Fulham will win their last six and finish on 93...so we still need three wins to be sure.

On the other hand cardiff may not get seven wins and may lose two or three...

We just have to take it a game at a time and take nothing for granted.

Anybody who writes a headline before a game like “ toothless ligers look like easy meat” is obviously a useless spotty frog that doesn’t understand football at all..every child must learn humility and don’t count your chickens etc.

Last edited by caribbean wolf on Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:27 pm 
Manager
Manager

Very poor performance, the shape was bad and it got worse.

Not many positives to be taken from tonights game.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:36 pm 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:

The only positives were the return of Jota, and the fact that we rescued a point.

Not much time to prepare for Friday, presuming we travel down on Thursday?

Post Posted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:42 pm 
Manager
Manager

Embers wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:

The only positives were the return of Jota, and the fact that we rescued a point.

Not much time to prepare for Friday, presuming we travel down on Thursday?

I thought Jota was terrible, no sharpness, poor first touch, moaning to much.

Nothing worked for him, then Afobe came on and he was clueless.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:44 pm 
Manager
Manager

One positive.

Long range shot by Boly second half, keeper must have done well to knock that out for a corner.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:05 am 
Prediction League Winner 2015/16
Prediction League Winner 2015/16

positives?
Oscar - well done lad!
MGW - so fun of confidence! And class!!
Nuno - for having the balls to put to young lads on when thing were NOT going well
Afobe - confirming what we already knew - that he simply does not have the football intelligence to make the runs this team requires a CF to make. Sorry Benik - but it's back to Bournemouth!

Post Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:47 am 
Manager
Manager

A little flat tonight, very disappointed.
Too many players in wrong positions, and too many unfit, or tired.

Promotion is close, but for the first time, I fear the chances of winning the title could fade.

I think Cardiff will be too strong and physical for us on Friday.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:41 am 
Manager
Manager

The game was confirmation that when playing this system you cant have square pegs in round holes.

With Wolves having several that didn't fit last night.

On the ball the lack of threat that Doherty provides made us stand still on the ball looking for the passing option.

THIS SYSTEM WORKS WHEN BOTH PLAYERS AND BALL ARE IN MOTION.

Alfred instead of Neves didn't work because he didn't show for the pass off his back three or midfield partner and wing backs.
You wondered at times where Alfred was playing. He was making forward runs when the requirement was to build the play.
By making those runs though pleasing on the eye he was making it far harder for his team mates to maintain ball circulation.
Bennett hadn't a clue at right wing back when to go past his direct opponent so played safe and stood watching. Static not in movement.
Saiss was let down because he didn't have moving options.
Costa and Cav then tried to fill the holes in deeper positions, but were loose in possession creating even more problems than they were creating.
Jota just never looked with the pace of the game, lousy first touch, economic with his movement, moaning far to much.
Second half moving Cav to right wing back was right in theory but it left us short of attacking ideas, with Afobe struggling to get into the game.
The kids came on but to me they both look very limited.
Good goal from the young full back, yet MGW gave the ball away again in a dangerous area and Hull were in for their second.
You just can't do that son and expect the coach to select you.

On the whole the worst game of the season.

Thank god for Ruben Neves and Matt Doherty, lets see the system functioning again.

Last edited by knocker knowles on Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:51 am 
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

knocker knowles wrote:
The game was confirmation that when playing this system you cant have square pegs in round holes.

On the ball the lack of threat that Doherty provides made us stand still on the ball looking for the passing option.

Alfred instead of Neves didn't work because he didn't show for the pass off his back three or midfield partner and wing backs.
You wondered at times where Alfred was playing. He was making forward runs when the requirement was to build the play.
By making those runs though pleasing on the eye he was making it far harder for his team mates to maintain ball circulation.
Bennett hadn't a clue at right wing back when to go past his direct opponent so played safe and stood watching. Static not in movement.
Costa and Cav then tried to fill the holes in deeper positions, but were loose in possession creating even more problems than they were creating.
Jota just never looked with the pace of the game, lousy first touch, economic with his movement, moaning far to much.
Second half moving Cav to right wing back was right in theory but it left us short of attacking ideas, with Afobe struggling to get into the game.
Good goal from the young full back, yet MGW gave the ball away again in a dangerous area and Hull were in for their second.

Thank god for Ruben Neves and Matt Doherty, lets see the system functioning again.

Bang on Knocker. I was disappointed how much we missed Neves. We did look tired though, and that combined with a lack of movement made our passing look slow and inaccurate. Amazed we got a point out of it!

Post Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:05 am 
Manager
Manager

hugh jarse wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:

Bang on Knocker. I was disappointed how much we missed Neves. We did look tired though, and that combined with a lack of movement made our passing look slow and inaccurate. Amazed we got a point out of it!

Hull had big chances to see us off, I cant believe they missed that far post header.

Still a points a point and we have key players back for the title decider this Friday.
Bring it on.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:32 am 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

As soon as I saw Bennett at wing back I knew it was gonna be a struggle, it negates the whole point of our formation

Post Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:39 am 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
hugh jarse wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:

Hull had big chances to see us off, I cant believe they missed that far post header.

Still a points a point and we have key players back for the title decider this Friday.
Bring it on.

Indeed.

Many have got ahead of themselves and see us as a sort of Citeh or a Real. We are not. Nuno has brought in players who often were not featured in their respective first team. he has moulded to great affect, a solid "Team," not a world beating squad in depth where his reserves could grace the middle reaches of the Prem. We are not there or anywhere near there, yet. Wolves ARE building a great team. In a few years they may have one. For now, when we have our best team on the pitch, we ARE the best team in the Championship. When we do not have our best team out, we have to slug it out with the likes of Hull for a point.

We got one. We did our job. Best team out against Cardiff ? I hope for better.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:51 am 
Manager
Manager

suiging wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:
hugh jarse wrote:

Bring it on.

Indeed.

Many have got ahead of themselves and see us as a sort of Citeh or a Real. We are not. Nuno has brought in players who often were not featured in their respective first team. he has moulded to great affect, a solid "Team," not a world beating squad in depth where his reserves could grace the middle reaches of the Prem. We are not there or anywhere near there, yet. Wolves ARE building a great team. In a few years they may have one. For now, when we have our best team on the pitch, we ARE the best team in the Championship. When we do not have our best team out, we have to slug it out with the likes of Hull for a point.

We got one. We did our job. Best team out against Cardiff ? I hope for better.

My fear is even with the best team, they are just out of gas to compete v Cardiff.

Cardiff got a bit of a runaround v Sheff Utd but they didn't look physically off the pace at all - quite the opposite. And they've 24 hours more rest than us. Fulham are going like a steam train as well - went 1-0 up and just kept attacking and attacking for more.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:28 am 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
One positive.

Long range shot by Boly second half, keeper must have done well to knock that out for a corner.

A bit like Oliveira's that Ruddy flapped into the net...

Post Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:56 am 
Manager
Manager

Ironfistedmonk wrote:
As soon as I saw Bennett at wing back I knew it was gonna be a struggle, it negates the whole point of our formation

We'll never know what the difference would be of putting Batth in with Bennett in his usual position but it does say summat about Nuno's thinking about him. Perhaps he thinks he made a mistake in selection.

The Liquidator... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m0yny9f0MY&NR=1

Post Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:58 am 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

knocker knowles wrote:

THIS SYSTEM WORKS WHEN BOTH PLAYERS AND BALL ARE IN MOTION.

Bloody hell Knocker. I actually understand what you are talking about - and I agree with you.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:09 am 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Ironfistedmonk wrote:

His own goal baffled me and should certainly be a focus of a bit of Nuno feedback. Why did he choose to clear the ball off his left foot when he had the protection on his right foot and the threat behind his left foot?. He ignored 75% of his defending options including the use of Ruddy by doing so, and thus had nowhere to go due to lack of tekkers.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:29 pm 
Manager
Manager

Rozza wrote:
Ironfistedmonk wrote:

His own goal baffled me and should certainly be a focus of a bit of Nuno feedback. Why did he choose to clear the ball off his left foot when he had the protection on his right foot and the threat behind his left foot?. He ignored 75% of his defending options including the use of Ruddy by doing so, and thus had nowhere to go due to lack of tekkers.

some tekkers are good...

www.vwcaddy.com

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » WWFC » Match day stickies