Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » WWFC » Match day stickies

Share On:

Post Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:54 pm 
Manager
Manager

Ultimately not having Neves and Doherty was the decisive factor. No no sh++ Sherlock comments please.

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:54 pm 
Manager
Manager

desiwulf wrote:
Ultimately not having Neves and Doherty was the decisive factor. No no sh++ Sherlock comments please.

Stating the obvious is not as easy as it seems desi . No worries mate, you're doing well....

Post Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:01 pm 
Manager
Manager

whelp wrote:
Rozza wrote:
Ironfistedmonk wrote:
As soon as I saw Bennett at wing back I knew it was gonna be a struggle, it negates the whole point of our formation

His own goal baffled me and should certainly be a focus of a bit of Nuno feedback. Why did he choose to clear the ball off his left foot when he had the protection on his right foot and the threat behind his left foot?. He ignored 75% of his defending options including the use of Ruddy by doing so, and thus had nowhere to go due to lack of tekkers.

some tekkers are good...

I thought it was a good finish, just glad he didn't nod in that header they put wide near the end.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:21 pm 
First XI
First XI

SELWolf wrote:
Ironfistedmonk wrote:
As soon as I saw Bennett at wing back I knew it was gonna be a struggle, it negates the whole point of our formation

We'll never know what the difference would be of putting Batth in with Bennett in his usual position but it does say summat about Nuno's thinking about him. Perhaps he thinks he made a mistake in selection.

Miranda is an accident waiting to happen. Not good enough by a distance.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:40 am 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

If Costa hadn't played the suicide ball back in to the box Miranda isn't forced in to a foul, Costa's fault that for me

Post Posted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:30 am 
Manager
Manager

Ironfistedmonk wrote:
If Costa hadn't played the suicide ball back in to the box Miranda isn't forced in to a foul, Costa's fault that for me

He was hardly forced to foul. The guy was well wide of the goal and had zero attacking pace. Poor concentration from Costa but still totally unnecessary to haul him down.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:45 am 
Manager
Manager

shropswolf wrote:
Ironfistedmonk wrote:

He was hardly forced to foul. The guy was well wide of the goal and had zero attacking pace. Poor concentration from Costa but still totally unnecessary to haul him down.

If Wolves had been playing to their normal pattern Alfred would not have vacated the space that Costa dropped in too.
The positional weakness would not have been exposed.

Blame Neves or the so called ref at Boro.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:32 am 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
shropswolf wrote:
Ironfistedmonk wrote:

If Wolves had been playing to their normal pattern Alfred would not have vacated the space that Costa dropped in too.
The positional weakness would not have been exposed.

Blame Neves or the so called ref at Boro.

Surely Costa is capable of seeing the free man stood 5 metres to his side who will then be able to streak up the wing? His ability to see a teammate shouldn't be so impinged by where he happening to be stood on the pitch.

In any case, he should have been capable of passing the football correctly to Miranda, not half scuffing a bobbling ball that let Hull in. Total lack of concentration that put us in trouble....

...that trouble should however only have led to a corner or a cross hit across with power that Ruddy should be able to anticipate. A penalty situation was amateur hour all round.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:44 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

shropswolf wrote:
Ironfistedmonk wrote:

If he had let him go he would be getting more stick

Post Posted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:37 pm 
Manager
Manager

Ironfistedmonk wrote:
shropswolf wrote:
Ironfistedmonk wrote:

If he had let him go he would be getting more stick

Not really as Coady was covering and would have made the shot difficult in any case.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:40 pm 
First XI
First XI

Ironfistedmonk wrote:

Costa made a silly error. Miranda turned it into a very costly one. No reason to turn it into a penalty. He is not good enough. I wish he was playing for Cardiff.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:38 pm 
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Deano's Golden Boots wrote:
Ironfistedmonk wrote:

Costa made a silly error. Miranda turned it into a very costly one. No reason to turn it into a penalty. He is not good enough. I wish he was playing for Cardiff.

I’m with Monk on this one

Post Posted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:40 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Meh we'll have to disagree, I'm not sold on Miranda, he is good on the ball but doesn't do so well on the defending side of things, but when the defender is put on the spot like that I'm blaming the guy who put him there

Post Posted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:06 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Costa made a stupid careless mistake. Miranda compounded it by panicking and pulling the player down, KK thinks it was Neves fault for getting sent off in the previous match (I'm surprised he didn't blame the Tories or complain about the BBC saying it was Corbyn's fault). Either way we gave away a goal and we didn't win the match. Not much we can do about it now unless you ask Nuno to publically flog Costa and put Miranda in the stocks. 8 points to be sure 6 games to go. I'd have taken it in August.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:16 pm 
Manager
Manager

Left back wrote:
Costa made a stupid careless mistake. Miranda compounded it by panicking and pulling the player down, KK thinks it was Neves fault for getting sent off in the previous match (I'm surprised he didn't blame the Tories or complain about the BBC saying it was Corbyn's fault). Either way we gave away a goal and we didn't win the match. Not much we can do about it now unless you ask Nuno to publically flog Costa and put Miranda in the stocks. 8 points to be sure 6 games to go. I'd have taken it in August.

Ditto. Some folk don't know they're born.

The Liquidator... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m0yny9f0MY&NR=1

Board index » WWFC » Match day stickies