Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » WWFC » Match day stickies

Share On:

Post Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:36 pm 
Manager
Manager

City away in what looks like our most difficult game of the season, but we thought that with Spurs at Wembley didn't we.

I would go for more speed in the side plus more players who can go past an opponent.

My selection.

------------------------------------. Rui Patricio .

--------------------. Jonny . --------. Coady .--------. Boly.

--------.Doherty. ---------Dendoncker .----.Neves.-------------.Vinagre .

--------------------------------------.Cavaleiro.

-------------------Jimenez .--------------------------------. Jota.

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post subject: Re: Man City vs Wolves
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:45 pm 
YTS

Maybe an extra centre mid for this game...?

Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:58 pm 
Prediction League Winner 2015/16

Naaaah!

Give it a go.

Burton have shown all is possible.

I've got us down for a sneaky 2-1 win!

Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:39 pm 
Manager
Manager

I think this game has come 2-3 weeks too late for us. City were out of form then a nervous side back then but their victory over Liverpool has given them a second wind. 16 goals to nil in two home games can't be overlooked, despite the opposition.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:21 am 
Manager
Manager

Same as we lined up last time we were in Manchester and as we did at home to them. Counter attack time.

Rui
BennettCoadyBoly
DocNevesMoutinhoJonny
CostaRaulJota

http://www.steadfasttrust.org.uk/

Post Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:30 am 
Manager
Manager

We'll need the largest energy tank of the season for this one, we will not have too much possession, so need to be brutally clinical in our finishing to get anything out of this game. Concentration for 95 minutes, defending like demons, closing down continuously, making their spaces tight and their time on the ball as minimal as we can. Luck, also will play its role at some stage, we will need a lot of that commodity too. That all said, we fear nobody these days, we can give the very best a difficult 90 minutes, so be brave, be bold, take the chance or few chances that may come our way, do not concede early doors and make the fans proud yet again. COYW.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:34 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

If we lose 3 or 4 nil I won't care as long as we have a go at em

Post Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:47 pm 
Manager
Manager

Ironfistedmonk wrote:

Which could prove difficult unless we find ways of keeping the ball meaning we could play off 35% possession.

I dont think Bennett, Moutinho and Dendoncker have quick enough feet or movement for it.

Could get swarmed all game unless Nuno has a clever plan.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:57 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

knocker knowles wrote:
Ironfistedmonk wrote:

Which could prove difficult unless we find ways of keeping the ball meaning we could play off 35% possession.

I dont think Bennett, Moutinho and Dendoncker have quick enough feet or movement for it.

Could get swarmed all game unless Nuno has a clever plan.

They had the majority of the possession at Molineux but we broke quickly and with purpose, need more of that

Post Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:36 pm 
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

I usually have a feeling one way or the other,not this time though.
I am confident our lads will give a good account of themselves,which will be good enough for me.
I don't thin we can stop them scoring,so its a score draw for me.
Jonnie for Bennett Knocker ? There you go,I took the bait for yah.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:36 am 
Manager
Manager

wolfrunna wrote:
I am confident our lads will give a good account of themselves,which will be good enough for me.

I go for Jonny at right side centre back because I believe Wolves require speed and ability in one on one situations without the ball.
Bennett as we saw against Zaha and Palace became a target because he has slow feet. Making him vulnerable to players who run with the ball.
You can see City looking to attack that channel on the outside of Bennett which could then lead to yellow and red cards.
I also wanted Vinagre at left wing back because of his abiity to break through the press which then has the potential to open up attacking opportunities for Wolves.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:45 am 
Manager
Manager

When we signed Jonny the Spanish journalists said they didn't think he had enough going forward for the wide positions but could play in a back three. A bit small perhaps but he could do an Azilpicueta(?) for us and play there.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:02 pm 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
wolfrunna wrote:

I go for Jonny at right side centre back because I believe Wolves require speed and ability in one on one situations without the ball.
Bennett as we saw against Zaha and Palace became a target because he has slow feet. Making him vulnerable to players who run with the ball.
You can see City looking to attack that channel on the outside of Bennett which could then lead to yellow and red cards.
I also wanted Vinagre at left wing back because of his abiity to break through the press which then has the potential to open up attacking opportunities for Wolves.

Interesting thoughts, KK.

The Liquidator... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m0yny9f0MY&NR=1

Post Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:00 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Whilst i can't see anything for us in this game, their back 4 ain't that great for a top 6 team (especially if they leave Walker out), we will get chances but whether we take them or not is another matter.
I have this theory that John Stones has a mistake in him every game.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:13 pm 

Agree - City are a team that can frighten you to death going forwards, but don;t always look too solid defending. A lot of big reputations, but can be very casual....

I've got us for a win!!!

Post Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:03 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Football has passed me by. The sending off was an utter travesty, Boly won the ball on the ground fairly, his follow through, which cant really be helped due to the laws of physics, bought the "man" down.
The penalty was bought by Sterling, no pun intended, referees cant wait to give them in Manchester can they :roll: . I wonder if referees bid to outdo each other and become the person who gives the most penalties in Manchester :roll:

Post Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:32 pm 
Manager
Manager

Both homer decisions.

Citeh look good though, pool won't be able to drop many points.

Stat of the day from the commentator is Traore has one goal in fifty five Prem games, wonder if he will ever get another.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:33 pm 
Manager
Manager

Donk has done well at the back.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:01 pm 
Manager
Manager

We got the pasting I feared. A month earlier we could have done something but City have gone up a few gears since the shock of falling behind Liverpool. They may well win all their remaining games yet.

Shame the referee had to be so busy, back to the old days of being the plucky new boys against the ref favouring the big boys. We still would have lost though with 11 and no penalty as we already lost all concentration for the 1st.

0-3 was a good effort from the players given the circumstances. A "par" home win for the reigning Champions against a newly promoted side but no more.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:05 pm 
Manager
Manager

The sending off killed the game stone dead. I think it was a penalty. They should stick a red nose on Traore before they send him on. We defended well considering, I hope this game hasn`t took too much out of the lads before Saturday.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:11 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Each season Wolves fans need a hate figure, its in our DNA. Having a daft hairstyle does not help that player to avoid the flak.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:16 pm 
Manager
Manager

Rozza wrote:
Each season Wolves fans need a hate figure, its in our DNA. Having a daft hairstyle does not help that player to avoid the flak.

I don't think he did that badly. He was left as the lone attacker once Jota was withdrawn against their entire defence and still managed to get us up the park a few times and get round their defence.

He has an element of comedy about him because his feet move faster than his brain but he did all he could today. Neither Costa nor Cav would have managed to achieve anything more as substitute options.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:25 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

shropswolf wrote:
Rozza wrote:

I don't think he did that badly. He was left as the lone attacker once Jota was withdrawn against their entire defence and still managed to get us up the park a few times and get round their defence.

He has an element of comedy about him because his feet move faster than his brain but he did all he could today. Neither Costa nor Cav would have managed to achieve anything more as substitute options.

He reminds me of Agbonlahor, and to some extent Henri Camara, all speed but no idea. He just does not fit as a fit in the style of play Wolves deliver now. I do not dislike him as he is a talented player, its just that he is in the wrong team at the wrong time.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:26 pm 
Manager
Manager

Rozza wrote:

Don't know, thought Bennett did OK, but knocker was right about the slow feet and being targeted.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:31 pm 
Manager
Manager

Rozza wrote:
shropswolf wrote:
Rozza wrote:

He reminds me of Agbonlahor, and to some extent Henri Camara, all speed but no idea. He just does not fit as a fit in the style of play Wolves deliver now. I do not dislike him as he is a talented player, its just that he is in the wrong team at the wrong time.

Definitely shouldn't have been the biggest signing of our summer budget. A very odd choice by Nuno, presumably after efforts to get something through Mendes failed. Camara was twice the player to be honest - and a minimal 1.5 million outlay.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:49 pm 
Manager
Manager

Take a look at these.

https://twitter.com/WeLoveWolves/status ... 2249539591

I would like to see the earlier tackle on Jota again.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:09 am 
Manager
Manager

warn wrote:
Take a look at these.

https://twitter.com/WeLoveWolves/status ... 2249539591

I would like to see the earlier tackle on Jota again.

Sadly warn, these refs are scared to punish the top sides, although I'm not sure I'd go as far to say they're encouraged NOT to spoil the top games...?

Post Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:31 am 
Manager
Manager

Rozza wrote:
Football has passed me by. The sending off was an utter travesty, Boly won the ball on the ground fairly, his follow through, which cant really be helped due to the laws of physics, bought the "man" down.
The penalty was bought by Sterling, no pun intended, referees cant wait to give them in Manchester can they :roll: . I wonder if referees bid to outdo each other and become the person who gives the most penalties in Manchester :roll:

Agree. Even a neutral in the pub next to me said: "No way a red card." The games rules have been dramatically altered over the last decade or so since the PL appeared, under the old FL, people like Norman Hunter, Peter Storey, Ron Harris et al made tackles like that all game. It is a game for pussies now, you can no longer put in a meaty or hard tackle.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:39 am 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Never a red card in a million years! Silva could easily have jumped the challenge having realised Boly had got the ball while he's still 3 feet away and the challenge is not dangerous in the slightest. You'll see far worse going unpunished every week.
The ref's not done anything to stop the big six bias theory there the complete bellend!
Penalty very generous as well. Again, Sterling's going down there no matter what. God I hate that that little fucker!

That said, there's no arguing that City were comfortably the better team all night, and deserved the win. I'd sign that Sane bloke in a heartbeat if ever he gets fed up of his gazzilion pound wages up there.

The silver lining is that I'd much rather see City win the league than the Scousers. The media spunkfest if Liverpool win it will be unbearable. So at least we've done our bit to contribute to that worthy cause.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:49 am 
Manager
Manager

lankywolf wrote:
Never a red card in a million years! Silva could easily have jumped the challenge having realised Boly had got the ball while he's still 3 feet away and the challenge is not dangerous in the slightest. You'll see far worse going unpunished every week.
The ref's not done anything to stop the big six bias theory there the complete bellend!
Penalty very generous as well. Again, Sterling's going down there no matter what. God I hate that that little fucker!

That said, there's no arguing that City were comfortably the better team all night, and deserved the win. I'd sign that Sane bloke in a heartbeat if ever he gets fed up of his gazzilion pound wages up there.

The silver lining is that I'd much rather see City win the league than the Scousers. The media spunkfest if Liverpool win it will be unbearable. So at least we've done our bit to contribute to that worthy cause.

He was a yard away when Boly made contact with the ball and he ran into him. The stills on Facebook Dingles Ay We site show that.

The Liquidator... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m0yny9f0MY&NR=1

Board index » WWFC » Match day stickies