Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » WWFC » Match day stickies

Share On:

Post Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:14 pm 
Manager
Manager

Early kick off Saturday with a home game against a side who seem on about the same level in Leicester City.

Have the Premier league worked Wolves out or is there enough quality within the home ranks to win through.

I believe there are two major flaws within Wolves play.

An inability to retain the ball.

A complete lack of defensive speed to recover the ball once lost.

The need for someone to compliment Neves in central midfield becomes more obvious with each passing game.

Forecast for this one.

Wolves 1 Leicester City 1.

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post subject: Re: Wolves vs Leicester
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:07 pm 
Manager
Manager

Big game for both sides. Wolves needing to erase the dismal performance of the last PL game at home and Leicester trying to save Puel's job.

I fear the Foxes will be too fleet-footed for us overall unless we are ready to play with a real passing tempo again. Vardy against a Boly-less defence is a worry so hopefully Puel keeps him on the bench as of late.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:46 pm 
Prediction League Winner 2015/16

Be bold; be brave! Stand tall, young men, and go for the jugular.

Stop worrying about Vardy et al, and let THEM worry about US.

(That said, I do agree that a bit more pace in back 7 would be welcome!)

Good win - I expect nothing less!

Post Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:03 am 
Manager
Manager

Am opportunity for Leander Dendoncker to prove himself a better defender than Ryan Bennett in the absence of Willy Boly.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:54 am 
Manager
Manager

Let's see how determined they are to play for Puel with rumours a loss will see him go.

They like to counter attack so we will have to take the game to them.

http://www.steadfasttrust.org.uk/

Post Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:41 pm 
Manager
Manager

THE BIG BAD WOLF wrote:
Let's see how determined they are to play for Puel with rumours a loss will see him go.

They like to counter attack so we will have to take the game to them.

That doesn't suit us, and if they score first then 0-2 is likely. However, we really need a good league performance at home, and a result to boot, so I'm opting for a Southampton-esque 2-0. We need to keep Maddison quiet though.

Post Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:43 pm 
Manager
Manager

Saiss in midfield feels too negative to me, shame Doc is out as he has probably been involved in half our goals.

Stay of the day is we are in the bottom ten for goals scored for all league clubs in England, just 27 across all competitions.

Post Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:30 pm 
Manager
Manager

A lot more aggressive today, Donn and the two up top impressing.

Post Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:33 pm 
First XI
First XI

A bit loose but good for our lead. If we can tighten up in defense we could score a truckload.

Post Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:35 pm 
First XI
First XI

Or THAT could happen and we are in a dogfight we didn't need to be!

Post Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:39 pm 
Manager
Manager

Saiss done for pace, always likely with their players.

Dire.

Post Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:40 pm 
Manager
Manager

Look a lot less assured without Boly at the back.

Post Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:48 pm 
Manager
Manager

I hate scouse commentators

Post Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:28 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

What a game, wow

Post Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:32 pm 
First XI
First XI

Woo hoo. What a finish! Hyped.

Post Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:36 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Incredible game - I was there when we last pinched it 4-3, hope the guys there today will treasure that performance, as well. Watching American coverage, just love Jota's response to the criticism of his first touch, by scoring 2 lovely goals. Not sure if Boly was missed or not, hope the game time will continue to improve Dedonker and Vinagre. That was some fast paced play and I think Boly would have struggled. Going to enjoy MOD tonight, but may be a sad day for Leicester manager from what peeps saying.

Post Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:48 pm 
Manager
Manager

great game, really enjoyed it, Pleased for Jota, he has been involved in most of the goals when he has played.

I hope Puel keeps his job, with Leicester in 9th and the best finish for them likely to be 7th i really don't know what Leicester expect. They are pretty much where they deserve to be and are likely to finish

www.vwcaddy.com

Post Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:55 pm 
Manager
Manager

Just about getting my pulse back under control. What a rollercoaster, but with a home PL game vs Leicester it's tradition.

I think over the 90 minutes we deserved the win but we are far from a steady team, amazing to think our early season form was dominated by clean sheets.

The first 6 minutes after half time was absolutely classic Wolves: you think at HT, OK decent 1st half, I'll settle for a bore of a 2nd and a clean sheet for once, 90 seconds later, the opposition scores. A whole series of mistakes through the team left us open to it.

I thought taking off Moutinho and throwing on MGW - who is currently having real problems judging where the space is and actually controlling the ball effectively - was a real risk. Moutinho was helping slow things down, instead things got even more hectic. He didn't seem too fatigued and probably could have gone on.

Absolutely brilliantly worked final goal though - Jota becoming the first Wolf since JR to score a top flight hat trick!

Post Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:06 pm 
Manager
Manager

Not sure any defence in this League could have kept a clean sheet against those two attacks today. Breath taking.

Post Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:11 pm 
Manager
Manager

They should put a government health warning on match day tickets! My tickers still all over the shop. Great game for the neutrals. :roll: We need to make the Raul signing permanent, I think we have already sealed the Donk signing haven`t we? A mixed bag from us this game, some nice passages of play mixed with some defensive howlers. Still, another 3 points. Now for the Cup. Woo Hoo!!!!

Post Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:16 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Tis why we like football. What was not to like about the beautiful game there, unless yam away fan!

Post Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:10 pm 

TStarr wrote:
Incredible game - I was there when we last pinched it 4-3, hope the guys there today will treasure that performance, as well. Watching American coverage, just love Jota's response to the criticism of his first touch, by scoring 2 lovely goals. Not sure if Boly was missed or not, hope the game time will continue to improve Dedonker and Vinagre. That was some fast paced play and I think Boly would have struggled. Going to enjoy MOD tonight, but may be a sad day for Leicester manager from what peeps saying.

I was at both! A joy!!

Post Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:22 pm 
Manager
Manager

SilverstoneWolf wrote:
TStarr wrote:

I was at both! A joy!!

Me too! At half-time of the Dave Jones game, when Les Ferdinand owned us, we all said down on the North Bank concourse that if they score the next goal, we go back to the pub. I don't think Micky Adams ever recovered.

The one beautiful thing about supporting Wolves is that they can deliver those performances, and you never see them coming.

Post Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:41 am 
Manager
Manager

I watched the game on TV in a pub in Nailsworth (was at Forest Green Rovers v Bury) and the roof came off when that fourth went in....three Wolfies and a room full of football fans enjoying the free flow attacking...a marvellous but heart weakening day and also one of Pampers changing too..:-)

Post Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:48 am 
Manager
Manager

We out Leicestered Leicester. And all done without a Vardy type, albeit Jota comes close.

The difference in fitness levels of our team since the currents lads took over, is truly amazing. We have less injuries. We have a team that can run 90+ minutes with gas to spare. Wonderful.

And above all, we have a manager with a plan. A manager where the team come first. A manager who takes players from damn good sides reserves or bench warmers, and turns them into a side capable on first time of trying, of beating teams where one player costs more than our entire squad.

The ready-break "glow" is upon me.

Post Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:07 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

suiging wrote:
We out Leicestered Leicester. And all done without a Vardy type, albeit Jota comes close.

The difference in fitness levels of our team since the currents lads took over, is truly amazing. We have less injuries. We have a team that can run 90+ minutes with gas to spare. Wonderful.

And above all, we have a manager with a plan. A manager where the team come first. A manager who takes players from damn good sides reserves or bench warmers, and turns them into a side capable on first time of trying, of beating teams where one player costs more than our entire squad.

I was not impressed with the way Neves kept hoofing the ball long for Jota to control , run on, then score, I hope this does not creep into Wolves style of play now............

Post Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:16 pm 
Manager
Manager

Rozza wrote:
suiging wrote:

I was not impressed with the way Neves kept hoofing the ball long for Jota to control , run on, then score, I hope this does not creep into Wolves style of play now............

Nuno out !!!!!

Post Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:58 pm 
Manager
Manager

Rozza wrote:
suiging wrote:

Cultured hoof-ball 8)

Board index » WWFC » Match day stickies