Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » WWFC » Match day stickies




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ] 

Share On:

Author Message
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:14 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:19 am
Posts: 24213
Location: Cannock.
Early kick off Saturday with a home game against a side who seem on about the same level in Leicester City.

Have the Premier league worked Wolves out or is there enough quality within the home ranks to win through.

I believe there are two major flaws within Wolves play.

An inability to retain the ball.

A complete lack of defensive speed to recover the ball once lost.

The need for someone to compliment Neves in central midfield becomes more obvious with each passing game.


Forecast for this one.

Wolves 1 Leicester City 1.

_________________
For some of us life is not about self interest.


Top 
 Profile  
 
Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post subject: Re: Wolves vs Leicester
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:07 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:28 pm
Posts: 11688
Big game for both sides. Wolves needing to erase the dismal performance of the last PL game at home and Leicester trying to save Puel's job.

I fear the Foxes will be too fleet-footed for us overall unless we are ready to play with a real passing tempo again. Vardy against a Boly-less defence is a worry so hopefully Puel keeps him on the bench as of late.

_________________
Wolves' Head of Football Development & Recruitment Kevin Thelwell added: "Grant Holt has been at a lot of clubs and there is a reason for that - he is a very good player."


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Wolves vs Leicester
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:46 pm 
Offline
Prediction League Winner 2015/16
Prediction League Winner 2015/16

Joined: Wed May 30, 2007 10:34 pm
Posts: 9266
Location: The Cotswolds
Be bold; be brave! Stand tall, young men, and go for the jugular.

Stop worrying about Vardy et al, and let THEM worry about US.

(That said, I do agree that a bit more pace in back 7 would be welcome!)

Good win - I expect nothing less!

_________________
E Tenebris Oritur Lux - The Power of Positivity


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Wolves vs Leicester
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:03 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:19 am
Posts: 24213
Location: Cannock.
Am opportunity for Leander Dendoncker to prove himself a better defender than Ryan Bennett in the absence of Willy Boly.

_________________
For some of us life is not about self interest.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Wolves vs Leicester
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:54 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:15 am
Posts: 4279
Location: London
Let's see how determined they are to play for Puel with rumours a loss will see him go.

They like to counter attack so we will have to take the game to them.

_________________
Image

http://www.steadfasttrust.org.uk/


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Wolves vs Leicester
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:41 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:59 pm
Posts: 19116
Location: WV4 and WL4
THE BIG BAD WOLF wrote:
Let's see how determined they are to play for Puel with rumours a loss will see him go.

They like to counter attack so we will have to take the game to them.


That doesn't suit us, and if they score first then 0-2 is likely. However, we really need a good league performance at home, and a result to boot, so I'm opting for a Southampton-esque 2-0. We need to keep Maddison quiet though.

_________________
Thank you very much for Stevie Bull. Thank you very much, thank you very, very, very much.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:43 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:15 am
Posts: 4279
Location: London
Saiss in midfield feels too negative to me, shame Doc is out as he has probably been involved in half our goals.

Stay of the day is we are in the bottom ten for goals scored for all league clubs in England, just 27 across all competitions.

_________________
Image

http://www.steadfasttrust.org.uk/


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:30 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:15 am
Posts: 4279
Location: London
A lot more aggressive today, Donn and the two up top impressing.

_________________
Image

http://www.steadfasttrust.org.uk/


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:33 pm 
Offline
First XI
First XI

Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2005 12:51 am
Posts: 2360
Location: NSW, Australia
A bit loose but good for our lead. If we can tighten up in defense we could score a truckload.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:35 pm 
Offline
First XI
First XI

Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2005 12:51 am
Posts: 2360
Location: NSW, Australia
Or THAT could happen and we are in a dogfight we didn't need to be!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:39 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:15 am
Posts: 4279
Location: London
Saiss done for pace, always likely with their players.

Dire.

_________________
Image

http://www.steadfasttrust.org.uk/


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:40 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:15 am
Posts: 4279
Location: London
Look a lot less assured without Boly at the back.

_________________
Image

http://www.steadfasttrust.org.uk/


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:48 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:38 am
Posts: 16330
Location: Moved
I hate scouse commentators

_________________
Dyslexics are teople poo


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:28 pm 
Offline
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:24 pm
Posts: 14641
Location: My mind's eye
What a game, wow

_________________
Say no to hoof!!!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:32 pm 
Offline
First XI
First XI

Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2005 12:51 am
Posts: 2360
Location: NSW, Australia
Woo hoo. What a finish! Hyped.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:36 pm 
Offline
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:53 pm
Posts: 3607
Location: Thelwall
Incredible game - I was there when we last pinched it 4-3, hope the guys there today will treasure that performance, as well. Watching American coverage, just love Jota's response to the criticism of his first touch, by scoring 2 lovely goals. Not sure if Boly was missed or not, hope the game time will continue to improve Dedonker and Vinagre. That was some fast paced play and I think Boly would have struggled. Going to enjoy MOD tonight, but may be a sad day for Leicester manager from what peeps saying.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:48 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:32 pm
Posts: 9133
Location: Raaahhhhhhley
great game, really enjoyed it, Pleased for Jota, he has been involved in most of the goals when he has played.

I hope Puel keeps his job, with Leicester in 9th and the best finish for them likely to be 7th i really don't know what Leicester expect. They are pretty much where they deserve to be and are likely to finish

_________________
Money cannot buy this round......
defended like beavers - Kamara 2009
there used to be a thing called 'natural selection' but its been stopped by 'health and safety'
www.vwcaddy.com


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:55 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:28 pm
Posts: 11688
Just about getting my pulse back under control. What a rollercoaster, but with a home PL game vs Leicester it's tradition.

I think over the 90 minutes we deserved the win but we are far from a steady team, amazing to think our early season form was dominated by clean sheets.

The first 6 minutes after half time was absolutely classic Wolves: you think at HT, OK decent 1st half, I'll settle for a bore of a 2nd and a clean sheet for once, 90 seconds later, the opposition scores. A whole series of mistakes through the team left us open to it.

I thought taking off Moutinho and throwing on MGW - who is currently having real problems judging where the space is and actually controlling the ball effectively - was a real risk. Moutinho was helping slow things down, instead things got even more hectic. He didn't seem too fatigued and probably could have gone on.

Absolutely brilliantly worked final goal though - Jota becoming the first Wolf since JR to score a top flight hat trick!

_________________
Wolves' Head of Football Development & Recruitment Kevin Thelwell added: "Grant Holt has been at a lot of clubs and there is a reason for that - he is a very good player."


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:06 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:38 am
Posts: 16330
Location: Moved
Not sure any defence in this League could have kept a clean sheet against those two attacks today. Breath taking.

_________________
Dyslexics are teople poo


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:11 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:02 pm
Posts: 4509
Location: Staffordshire
They should put a government health warning on match day tickets! My tickers still all over the shop. Great game for the neutrals. :roll: We need to make the Raul signing permanent, I think we have already sealed the Donk signing haven`t we? A mixed bag from us this game, some nice passages of play mixed with some defensive howlers. Still, another 3 points. Now for the Cup. Woo Hoo!!!!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:16 pm 
Offline
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2004 11:55 pm
Posts: 18467
Tis why we like football. What was not to like about the beautiful game there, unless yam away fan!

_________________
There is no substitute for hard work.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:10 pm 
Offline
Prediction League Winner 2015/16
Prediction League Winner 2015/16

Joined: Wed May 30, 2007 10:34 pm
Posts: 9266
Location: The Cotswolds
TStarr wrote:
Incredible game - I was there when we last pinched it 4-3, hope the guys there today will treasure that performance, as well. Watching American coverage, just love Jota's response to the criticism of his first touch, by scoring 2 lovely goals. Not sure if Boly was missed or not, hope the game time will continue to improve Dedonker and Vinagre. That was some fast paced play and I think Boly would have struggled. Going to enjoy MOD tonight, but may be a sad day for Leicester manager from what peeps saying.


I was at both! A joy!!

_________________
E Tenebris Oritur Lux - The Power of Positivity


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:22 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:59 pm
Posts: 19116
Location: WV4 and WL4
SilverstoneWolf wrote:
TStarr wrote:
Incredible game - I was there when we last pinched it 4-3, hope the guys there today will treasure that performance, as well. Watching American coverage, just love Jota's response to the criticism of his first touch, by scoring 2 lovely goals. Not sure if Boly was missed or not, hope the game time will continue to improve Dedonker and Vinagre. That was some fast paced play and I think Boly would have struggled. Going to enjoy MOD tonight, but may be a sad day for Leicester manager from what peeps saying.


I was at both! A joy!!


Me too! At half-time of the Dave Jones game, when Les Ferdinand owned us, we all said down on the North Bank concourse that if they score the next goal, we go back to the pub. I don't think Micky Adams ever recovered.

The one beautiful thing about supporting Wolves is that they can deliver those performances, and you never see them coming.

_________________
Thank you very much for Stevie Bull. Thank you very much, thank you very, very, very much.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:41 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2004 8:17 pm
Posts: 7553
Location: Swindon, Wiltshire
I watched the game on TV in a pub in Nailsworth (was at Forest Green Rovers v Bury) and the roof came off when that fourth went in....three Wolfies and a room full of football fans enjoying the free flow attacking...a marvellous but heart weakening day and also one of Pampers changing too..:-)

_________________
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is King.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:48 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:38 am
Posts: 16330
Location: Moved
We out Leicestered Leicester. And all done without a Vardy type, albeit Jota comes close.

The difference in fitness levels of our team since the currents lads took over, is truly amazing. We have less injuries. We have a team that can run 90+ minutes with gas to spare. Wonderful.

And above all, we have a manager with a plan. A manager where the team come first. A manager who takes players from damn good sides reserves or bench warmers, and turns them into a side capable on first time of trying, of beating teams where one player costs more than our entire squad.

The ready-break "glow" is upon me.

_________________
Dyslexics are teople poo


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:07 pm 
Offline
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2004 11:55 pm
Posts: 18467
suiging wrote:
We out Leicestered Leicester. And all done without a Vardy type, albeit Jota comes close.

The difference in fitness levels of our team since the currents lads took over, is truly amazing. We have less injuries. We have a team that can run 90+ minutes with gas to spare. Wonderful.

And above all, we have a manager with a plan. A manager where the team come first. A manager who takes players from damn good sides reserves or bench warmers, and turns them into a side capable on first time of trying, of beating teams where one player costs more than our entire squad.

The ready-break "glow" is upon me.


I was not impressed with the way Neves kept hoofing the ball long for Jota to control , run on, then score, I hope this does not creep into Wolves style of play now............

_________________
There is no substitute for hard work.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:16 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:38 am
Posts: 16330
Location: Moved
Rozza wrote:
suiging wrote:
We out Leicestered Leicester. And all done without a Vardy type, albeit Jota comes close.

The difference in fitness levels of our team since the currents lads took over, is truly amazing. We have less injuries. We have a team that can run 90+ minutes with gas to spare. Wonderful.

And above all, we have a manager with a plan. A manager where the team come first. A manager who takes players from damn good sides reserves or bench warmers, and turns them into a side capable on first time of trying, of beating teams where one player costs more than our entire squad.

The ready-break "glow" is upon me.


I was not impressed with the way Neves kept hoofing the ball long for Jota to control , run on, then score, I hope this does not creep into Wolves style of play now............


Nuno out !!!!!

_________________
Dyslexics are teople poo


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:58 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:35 pm
Posts: 8626
Rozza wrote:
suiging wrote:
We out Leicestered Leicester. And all done without a Vardy type, albeit Jota comes close.

The difference in fitness levels of our team since the currents lads took over, is truly amazing. We have less injuries. We have a team that can run 90+ minutes with gas to spare. Wonderful.

And above all, we have a manager with a plan. A manager where the team come first. A manager who takes players from damn good sides reserves or bench warmers, and turns them into a side capable on first time of trying, of beating teams where one player costs more than our entire squad.

The ready-break "glow" is upon me.


I was not impressed with the way Neves kept hoofing the ball long for Jota to control , run on, then score, I hope this does not creep into Wolves style of play now............


Cultured hoof-ball 8)

_________________
http://www.rugusavay.com/wp-content/upl ... otes-2.jpg


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ] 

Board index » WWFC » Match day stickies


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

 
 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

The Wolf will always be free to its members, but if you feel you would like to contribute towards the running costs, than please feel free to donate.

 

 

Disclaimer : This forum is for the general discussion/topic of Wolverhampton Wanderers. What is said within the forum is personal opinions, and The Wolf will not be held responsible. Your ip is logged for security reasons. The forum is viewable by the public and any topics you disclose/discuss can be viewed by the public. Some topics on this forum may only be suitable for those aged 18+.

cron