Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » WWFC » Match day stickies

Share On:

Post Posted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:45 am 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Not sure where Knocker has got to so I thought I had better put this up.

It looks like we have a full squad available so I would expect Jota and Jiminez up front with Moutinho behind them. Anyone think otherwise?

Now Huddersfield have only won twice all season, one of which was a home defeat for us of course, so given our position you would expect us to come up with a decent result tonight - wouldn't you? Let's hope it isn't another bad day at the office and we can nick 7th place back from Watford who have a bit of a toughie at Anfield tomorrow.

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:39 pm 
Manager
Manager

Left back wrote:
Not sure where Knocker has got to so I thought I had better put this up.

It looks like we have a full squad available so I would expect Jota and Jiminez up front with Moutinho behind them. Anyone think otherwise?

Now Huddersfield have only won twice all season, one of which was a home defeat for us of course, so given our position you would expect us to come up with a decent result tonight - wouldn't you? Let's hope it isn't another bad day at the office and we can nick 7th place back from Watford who have a bit of a toughie at Anfield tomorrow.

They are a bogey team for us and we also lost twice to Sunderland last season so I ain't counting points until the final whistle.

The Liquidator... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m0yny9f0MY&NR=1

Post Posted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:33 pm 
Manager
Manager

Hoping for a win but too many years of Wolves means I know what's probably coming.

Despite their points haul, Huddersfield still seem to be up for it and ready to scrap for the points. Having comfortably won at Molineux, they will certainly be targeting this for a maximum 3.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:48 pm 
Manager
Manager

I think we will get done tonight, exactly the type of team who will nullify us, just like they did to us at Molineux last November. Hope I am wrong but I know my Wolves.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:04 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

There is a lot of Wolves supporter experience in the comments so far. None of us is confident.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:08 pm 
Manager
Manager

In our favour, they will set out a different stall at home. With their support cheering them on, I hope for more chances to get behind them on the counter.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:21 pm 
Manager
Manager

They haven`t won a game since they beat us have they? It is written.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:27 pm 
Manager
Manager

Too lackadaisical so far, expecting eventually something will pop up. Huddersfield have more energy to their game and have successfully marked Neves totally out of the game.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:30 pm 
Manager
Manager

We look a bit jaded to be honest. Let`s hope our quality overcomes.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:50 pm 
Manager
Manager

Don't really like our options for changing it either, need a ten and nine option.

Maybe MGW on for Neves to give us someone who can beat their man in the middle or play a throughball. And also to annoy knocker.

http://www.steadfasttrust.org.uk/

Post Posted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:29 pm 
Manager
Manager

LOL

Jota looks like our only creative influence, died after he went off. Didn't get Doherty in the game enough for me. Neves really poor, Mountinho looking twice the player, another strange choice to take off early.

Last edited by THE BIG BAD WOLF on Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:30 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Well we all seemed to know it and it happened. Poor performance throughout this evening, didn't even muster a shot on target. Are we a bit jaded?

Post Posted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:32 pm 
Manager
Manager

Total embarrassment, 6 points to one of the worst teams in PL history. Neves played like he was pissed and Doh couldn't time his runs whatsoever.

The subs were absolutely terrible by Nuno.

Absolutely delighted we won't have to play them again for a while as our record up there is absolute garbage.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:36 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

I wonder if Nuno allowed Glenn Hoddle to coach the team tonight in a therapeutic effort to get him well again?

Post Posted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:39 pm 
Manager
Manager

We don't really have great subs options, though the players he took off were very much the wrong ones.

Too predictable with our tactics again, obviously set up knowing how we would line up.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:39 pm 
Manager
Manager

Rozza wrote:
I wonder if Nuno allowed Glenn Hoddle to coach the team tonight in a therapeutic effort to get him well again?

Harsh on Glenn that, pure Saundersball tonight.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:40 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Rozza wrote:

:lol: Very reminiscent.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:41 pm 
Manager
Manager

Poor, poor performance. But every team is entitled to one or two. They deserved the points for their effort. Oh to lose to a late goal but we have managed a few ourselves this season. I thought the team look tired and we do not have the strength in depth to be able to rotate too much. Costa is a waste of a substitution and Neves is not the Messiah.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:41 pm 
Prediction League Winner 2015/16
Prediction League Winner 2015/16

Dreadful - if wholly predictable - performance and result.

And now Cardiff. They lost 0-3 at home tonight, so no doubt we will be looking to give them an up-turn in form too....

Huddersfield had ONE point out goodness knows how many before tonight. Only ONE point since they played us in October.

The players should hang their heads in shame. HOW long is it since the 'rejuvenating break' in the sunshine?? I hope they re-pay the airfare and hotel bill.

Shocking. The players should re-fund the ticket money to every fan who went up there to support their ineptitude. Embarrassing to listen to Sky reporters taking the micky about how bad we were.

NOT A SINGLE SHOT ON TARGET in the whole match, against the worst defence in the league.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:43 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

[quote="desiwulf"]Poor, poor performance. But every team is entitled to one or two. They deserved the points for their effort. Oh to lose to a late goal but we have managed a few ourselves this season. I thought the team look tired and we do not have the strength in depth to be able to rotate too much. Costa is a waste of a substitution and Neves is not the Messiah.[/quote]

He's not even a very naughty boy.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:44 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

It will all be forgotten when we beat Man U. #safeaywe

Post Posted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:50 pm 
Manager
Manager

Rozza wrote:

If being safe is all the club are aiming at, then it's job done. Maybe that explains the performance.

I had the feeling Fosun wanted us to achieve a little more though... 2 points from imminently 3 winnable games is a poor return whatever the circumstances.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:54 pm 
Manager
Manager

shropswolf wrote:
Rozza wrote:

If being safe is all the club are aiming at, then it's job done. Maybe that explains the performance.

I had the feeling Fosun wanted us to achieve a little more though... 2 points from imminently 3 winnable games is a poor return whatever the circumstances.

I think we all would have been happy with consolidation this first season. Next season will be the telling one to see if we can learn and progress.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:05 pm 
Manager
Manager

Left back wrote:
Well we all seemed to know it and it happened. Poor performance throughout this evening, didn't even muster a shot on target. Are we a bit jaded?

Yes, I do believe that we are although Nuno will not say so. You cannot expect Jimenez to plough a lone furrow up top most games, he has run out of gas like most of the team has by the look of the last three games. fair play, we have 40 points and are safe, so maybe we are being a little over critical after what we have over achieved at so far. But for next season we need to work out a system that we can play against the nitty, gritty in your face opponents like Huddersfield. Part of the learning process for the team and manager as on Saturday, Cardiff will do the same to us.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:10 pm 
Manager
Manager

Still paying the price for wasting our transfer kitty on Traore, one striker is just foolish. Did notice Azmoun got Europe player of the week with two goals for Zenit away at Fenerbahce. Not much we can do about it until the summer.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:05 am 
Manager
Manager

Look at the big picture. Beat Cardiff on Saturday and all will be good again. 8)

Post Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:32 am 
Manager
Manager

It was almost obvious that it was going to happen.

Anyhow, it happened. Shit happens, we're in a much better plaec than them so we can move on.

The Liquidator... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m0yny9f0MY&NR=1

Post Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:15 am 
Manager
Manager

Total shyte performance. Worst of the season. Second worse was also against them. Next time we play them we should field three nuns, a priest, two centenarians, four laberadoodles, and a bookshelf in goal.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:50 am 
First XI
First XI

We've looked flat for a few games now, and finally someone made us pay. Don't want to take away from Hudderfield's performance. They might be having a woeful season but they were up for it tonight - and good for their win (although I would have been happier if we had scraped a draw). Its admirable trying to keep such a consistent team week to week but in hindsight it probably looks like today was an opportunity for some "rotation", especially in the middle of the park. Lets hope we get a reaction for the Cardiff game - its these games against less glamorous sides that we seem to struggle with intensity wise - I am sure the energy will be different against Chelsea and Man U :)

Post Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:22 am 
Manager
Manager

Couple of our players need their future sorted out.

Board index » WWFC » Match day stickies