Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » WWFC » Match day stickies

Share On:

Post Posted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:08 am 
Manager
Manager

A match that could be anything, but there's no doubt there will be a massive amount of skill on the pitch.

Take your chances Wolves and you can ride the Arsenal storm.

Forecast 2-2

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post subject: Re: Wolves vs Arsenal
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:45 am 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

One last push required from Nuno and the players. Win the next two games and things will all be rosy in the garden again.

I fancy us more against Arsenal than I do Watford, but anything between zero to six points is perfectly feasible.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:42 am 
Manager
Manager

This is probably a game we need most. At home against a top side, no huge pressure to wilt under and no need to dictate the play.

Arsenal's away performances have been dismal for some time so there's plenty in our favour, but I fear their shock loss yesterday might just have focused their minds a little now and - like Brighton - they are simply a club we never beat.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:11 am 
Prediction League Winner 2015/16

Cannot go!! First home game missed for ages.... But I remain optimistic!

After two ok, but not incisive displays against bottom 6 sides, time to turn on the after-burners and blast away from an Arsenal side that always look fragile, if full of talent.

We need to crowd to be hostile from minute one to the end. Rattle 'em!

E Tenebris Oritur Lux - The Power of Positivity

Post Posted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:19 am 
Manager
Manager

Arsenal are ropey at the back, but are dangerous going forward but is Ramsey missing with a hammy and his impending move to Italy? A game we ironically need and one to play with some freedom, 3-2!

Post Posted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:58 pm 
Manager
Manager

We just have to win this as I'll be in an Arsenal fangroup pub wearing my Wolves t-shirt.......lovely sunny day here on the Costa Blanca after floods here over Easter weekend. We are playing a good footballing side and not a ten men behind the ball mob, so I hope for a better entertaining game. A 3-2 win for me too...COYW.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:45 pm 
Manager
Manager

Don't let the season fizzle out.

http://www.steadfasttrust.org.uk/

Post Posted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:35 pm 
Manager
Manager

A devastating 15 mins after a slow start. Like to see Cav and Costa on and rest the front two, comfortable enough to do that for once.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:44 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

You put any of our other crap bench on and the Arsenal defence will push up, our forwards will never threaten like Jota and Jimenez, nor hold the ball up as well - love to be proven wrong, starting with a goal from Adama.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:48 pm 
Manager
Manager

TStarr wrote:
You put any of our other crap bench on and the Arsenal defence will push up, our forwards will never threaten like Jota and Jimenez, nor hold the ball up as well - love to be proven wrong, starting with a goal from Adama.

Agree with this. Hope we`ve learnt something from the semi-final.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:03 pm 
Manager
Manager

shropswolf wrote:
This is probably a game we need most. At home against a top side, no huge pressure to wilt under and no need to dictate the play.

Absolutely spot on

30/70 split on possession in Arsenals favour first half, and yet they trail by 3.

We have not beaten them for 40 years

Post Posted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:38 pm 
Manager
Manager

Strangely deflating second half.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:49 pm 
Manager
Manager

Very disappointed in Arsenal. Had Wolves winning 3-2 in the prediction league.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:49 pm 
Manager
Manager

Absolutely brilliant TEAM effort tonight. My only concern is that in the last quarter of games we do not have the quality in our subs to sustain our performance which, ultimately, puts a lot of pressure on us.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:51 pm 
Manager
Manager

Fantastic result, feels like the first time since Deeney's penalty that we've really believed in scoring goals and hurting the opposition.

Strangely, for the first 20 minutes, I thought Arsenal gave us the runaround more than any side has done against us for a good while. Once Neves got us underway we looked like scoring with every attack though.

It's somewhat disappointing that the 2nd half was a 0-1 defeat. Slack marking, Wes Morgan goal all over and Jimenez had enough opportunities for a goal tonight. Bennett was fortunate not to concede a penalty, albeit it was really offside anyway (but unflagged).

Nuno went full risk with his subs. Thankfully Arsenal don't have any conviction about them away from home. We definitely wobbled at 1-3 for a good 6 or 7 minutes before regaining some control in the added time.

A much-needed 3 points to stop the season collapsing. Well done Wolves.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:14 am 
Manager
Manager

What a night! :mrgreen: What great atmosphere all the way (or nearly) around the ground! :mrgreen:

The Liquidator... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m0yny9f0MY&NR=1

Post Posted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:09 am 
Manager
Manager

We got our mojo back, and hopefully this spurs us on for the last three games, starting at Watford.

One thing is for sure, we don't look out of place in 7th, having given all of the top six a game. Hopefully we strengthen in the Summer and Nuno comes up with solutions on how to combat the sides in the lower reaches.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:56 am 

And if we DO make 7th, let us hope he is willing to increase the squad size to cope with the addition games. Players like Moutinho & Jimenez will need REST, not jaunts to the far flung corners of Europe on a Thursday night....

Does it mean we would have MORE Sunday fixtures???

E Tenebris Oritur Lux - The Power of Positivity

Post Posted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:32 am 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

SilverstoneWolf wrote:
And if we DO make 7th, let us hope he is willing to increase the squad size to cope with the addition games. Players like Moutinho & Jimenez will need REST, not jaunts to the far flung corners of Europe on a Thursday night....

Does it mean we would have MORE Sunday fixtures???

Only if we progress. :lol: We are already committed to some Asian tournament in July and the Europa qualifiers start in July too. I think the players will want their holiday in June so not much time to prepare.

Maybe the under 23's will have a trip to the likes of Azerbaijan or Belarus instead.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:42 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

I think I read the Europa qualifiers start a week after the HK tournament so it shouldn't be a problem for us beating Total Network Solutions over 2 legs whilst we get up to fitness

Wolves in Europe would be amazing

Post Posted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:50 pm 
Manager
Manager

Ironfistedmonk wrote:
I think I read the Europa qualifiers start a week after the HK tournament so it shouldn't be a problem for us beating Total Network Solutions over 2 legs whilst we get up to fitness

Whilst technically in Europe, TNS away would not really be a European adventure!

Post Posted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:58 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Embers wrote:
Ironfistedmonk wrote:

Whilst technically in Europe, TNS away would not really be a European adventure!

Now Newi Cefn Druids would be some match!!

Post Posted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:16 pm 
Manager
Manager

Rozza wrote:
Embers wrote:
Ironfistedmonk wrote:

Now Newi Cefn Druids would be some match!!

Short, dark people speaking an incomprehensible language? Might as well be the Med.

Last edited by THE BIG BAD WOLF on Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:17 pm 
Manager
Manager

Ironfistedmonk wrote:

I read that it was a mere 4 days. If we play the away leg first then we might as well fly straight there.

The Liquidator... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m0yny9f0MY&NR=1

Post Posted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:28 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

SELWolf wrote:
Ironfistedmonk wrote:

I read that it was a mere 4 days. If we play the away leg first then we might as well fly straight there.

If we want to be a successful side it's what we will have to do, looking forward to Thursday trips to Azerbaijan

Post Posted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:11 pm 
Manager
Manager

The Asian tournament ends on Saturday 20 July, with the first potential EL qualifier being the following Thursday.... this may all become irrelevant after tomorrow's game, mind.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:29 pm 
Manager
Manager

shropswolf wrote:
The Asian tournament ends on Saturday 20 July, with the first potential EL qualifier being the following Thursday.... this may all become irrelevant after tomorrow's game, mind.

It would be a great achievement to finish 7th, but being in the Europa League with our current squad could be very damaging to our next league campaign.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:50 pm 
Manager
Manager

Embers wrote:
shropswolf wrote:

It would be a great achievement to finish 7th, but being in the Europa League with our current squad could be very damaging to our next league campaign.

We will undoubtedly recruit in the summer.

I suspect we will recruit every summer under Fosun until we get to where they want to be.

We could of course finish 7th, yet not qualify for Europe, should Watford win the cup.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:11 pm 
Manager
Manager

Worst case scenario it would make for a more interesting preseason and a chance for some of the youth to get some game time. Count me in.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:28 pm 
Manager
Manager

shropswolf wrote:
Embers wrote:
shropswolf wrote:

We will undoubtedly recruit in the summer.

I suspect we will recruit every summer under Fosun until we get to where they want to be.

We could of course finish 7th, yet not qualify for Europe, should Watford win the cup.

I'm hopeful that City are now in Terminator mode after their CL exit, and will make Libpool cry before smacking Elton's bottie.

Board index » WWFC » Match day stickies