Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » WWFC » Match day stickies

Share On:

Post Posted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:46 pm 
Prediction League Winner 2015/16
Prediction League Winner 2015/16

Silence from KK since his initial post proclaiming we were likely to go the way of Watford - and a 4 - 0 scoreline....

Hmmm!!

KK... Are you there? Still think (as you said in previous post) that you wouldn't have Traore anywhere near our squad if you were coach?

E Tenebris Oritur Lux - The Power of Positivity

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:59 pm 
Manager
Manager

Left back wrote:
SELWolf wrote:
Left back wrote:
I'm glad Adama showed that he can score. I understand all the arguments about him not fitting in with a team pattern of play but by god does he frighten defenders.

Cutrone can't do it right now but he looks threatening and scored a bundle in 2017/18. Maybe he just needs a couple of lucky ones to get him going. Remember Jota couldn't score to save his life until about this time last season and Jiminez took a bit if time to get going. Let's not write him off yet.

Who placed a bet on Wolves to win their last 2 away then? Just unbelievable - and I love it.

His goals came from being in a central position which is a position he failed miserably at last autumn. It'll be interesting to see how we continue to use him because he looked a lot more composed playing there alongside Jimenez than Cutrone did.

At least it gives Nuno another option should there be a need during a suspension/injury/form etc affecting the other three front runners.

I guess it's a bit easier on the break against a team pushing forward hard for a goal and might not be so easy against those teams who come to defend. Both his finishes were good though and I hope he can continue with that. I understand those who want a nice passing game with everyone knowing where each other is and being ready to receive the ball but sometimes it's just exciting to see someone going on a run and beating players to create goals.

Agree with all of that, LB...but what do I know? :D

The Liquidator... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m0yny9f0MY&NR=1

Post Posted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:24 pm 
Manager
Manager

Touched down in Brum yesterday tea-time after a weekend of binge drinking in Benidorm, and thought someone was tekkin the piss when they said we'd won 2-0. If our flight had been a couple of hours later we could have watched the game in the airport bar :lol: One thing I would say is to give Cutrone time, he WILL come good and score goals. Most people were slagging off Traore but Nuno and his staff are moulding a player and will do the same with Patrick. He ay Freddie Deadwood.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:06 am 
Manager
Manager

SilverstoneWolf wrote:
Silence from KK since his initial post proclaiming we were likely to go the way of Watford - and a 4 - 0 scoreline....

Hmmm!!

KK... Are you there? Still think (as you said in previous post) that you wouldn't have Traore anywhere near our squad if you were coach?

Correct the result was an unexpected bonus in a season where I question the method currently in use.

I would ask if you were setting up a team to play at Man City knowing your likely to have 25% possession would you select Traore and Vinagre at wing back.
Saiss at centre back and a lack of mobility in centre midfield.
Knowing that Man City with 75% of the ball have the team structure and attacking combinations to break down any side in World football.
Nine times out of ten City score in the first quarter, relax and use their individual quality to run out winners.
But as with this result we see why bookies are rich, the ball is round, so such results buck the trend.
I still fear Wolves face a long struggle because they have lost attacking pattern and within that fluency.
I would sell Traore in January, his current form should tempt a few buyers at an optimum price.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:16 am 
Manager
Manager

Swap Boly for Otamendi and we lose that game. Without Laporte, Stones and De Bruyne Citeh aren't the same team, and their style suits us. Raul hasn't been at his best, those two misses weren't like him, but amazing work for both goals, put it on a plate for Traore to finish in a style I didn't think he was capable of. It was a bad miss by Cutrone, but I thought he was lively again, he already has one Prem goal and will get others, reality is that very few score a hatful at this level. If he can contribute to general play the way he has, and add a few goals then happy days.

Don't know why players don't round the keeper anymore?

http://www.steadfasttrust.org.uk/

Post Posted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:30 pm 
Wolves Academy
Wolves Academy

Has it occurred to anyone else that if we had managed the same sequence of results last season we would be the reigning FA Cup holders...

Post Posted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:42 pm 
Manager
Manager

raggedwolf wrote:
Has it occurred to anyone else that if we had managed the same sequence of results last season we would be the reigning FA Cup holders...

We've beaten the reigning Cup holders twice on the trot so now we ARE the reigning Cup holders. :wink:

The Liquidator... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m0yny9f0MY&NR=1

Board index » WWFC » Match day stickies