Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » WWFC » Match day stickies

Share On:

Post Posted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:35 am 
Manager
Manager

If Wolves are on the upturn this is exactly the kind of challenge you would relish.

Southampton can be nice on the eye when they have the ball while being very fragile without it.

Forecast for this one.

Wolves 1 Southampton 1.

Enjoy the game.

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:24 pm 
Manager
Manager

This is the tricky type of opponent that will test us greatly and we need to forget about winning at Man City and try to see this one out even if it is winning ugly.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:22 am 
Manager
Manager

Southampton a competent but middling team.

This is the type of match we really need to be winning. A successful season can't all be built upon pulling off shock results and giving the big boys a bloody nose, particularly when we've dropped points already against the likes of Burnley.

The main concern after an international break is how are our players and what damage has been caused by them leaving the fold for almost two weeks. Is there any news on Jota's fitness?

Introducing Mr Jeff Shi – Executive chairman, board member, acting managing director, acting sporting director, unofficial deputy to Raul Jimenez in the striker department and confirmed Banks's drinker

Post Posted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:42 am 
Manager
Manager

Ralph struggling a little without the Red Bull support network. Look a good candidate for relegation, should really win this one. Problem is we struggle when we have to dominate and when they have pace to counter attack.

http://www.steadfasttrust.org.uk/

Post Posted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:35 pm 
Manager
Manager

THE BIG BAD WOLF wrote:
Ralph struggling a little without the Red Bull support network. Look a good candidate for relegation, should really win this one. Problem is we struggle when we have to dominate and when they have pace to counter attack.

They will be desperate not to lose. It'll be a bit of a struggle imo.

The Liquidator... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m0yny9f0MY&NR=1

Post Posted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:55 am 
Manager
Manager

It should be a good game, both teams struggle to contain opponents when on the ball.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:35 pm 
Manager
Manager

Saints matching our formation and neutralising us.

With the work experience lad now in defence and Neves and Dendonkcer not getting to grips with the play, there's still every chance of Saints making the breakthrough.

Another VAR shambles, but I've given up cheering most of our goals by now. Disappointed that Jota is still not fit enough to start.

Introducing Mr Jeff Shi – Executive chairman, board member, acting managing director, acting sporting director, unofficial deputy to Raul Jimenez in the striker department and confirmed Banks's drinker

Post Posted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:44 pm 
Manager
Manager

Poor performance against a side Wolves should be capable of defeating.

The work experience lad is truly horrendous, shanking the ball into the wide open space of the middle of the field for them to come forward and score, aided by Coady making a pig's ear of the task.

We played well for the 15 following minutes and then it all dissipated into nothing. Too many players just aren't performing in an attacking capacity at this stage. At Man City we just had to defend, today we had to make the play and had no ideas frankly. The goal was all Doherty's work alone.

A step backward all in all.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:37 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

shropswolf wrote:
Poor performance against a side Wolves should be capable of defeating.

The work experience lad is truly horrendous, shanking the ball into the wide open space of the middle of the field for them to come forward and score, aided by Coady making a pig's ear of the task.

We played well for the 15 following minutes and then it all dissipated into nothing. Too many players just aren't performing in an attacking capacity at this stage. At Man City we just had to defend, today we had to make the play and had no ideas frankly. The goal was all Doherty's work alone.

A step backward all in all.

I wanted to put my faith in Jesus but you don't make it easy Lord. I think Bennet's injury was a key factor in the outcome today.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:54 pm 
Prediction League Winner 2015/16

Cheer up - if either of Raul's 1st half 'goals' had stood, we'd tonight be on our own in 7th....!

E Tenebris Oritur Lux - The Power of Positivity

Post Posted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:57 pm 

but you are all absolutely right!

We just are not looking creative going forwards. If Traore or Doc does not run at players, we look bereft of ideas!

Good to see Jota back - he at least runs AT the box and makes defenders make decisions. We play lovely nice patterns in midfield - in our own half - but seem unable to play such one touch tuff around the box. Presumably to do with less space...??

Work to do.

Wonder if De Bruyne fancies a move? I've heard he's quite good at setting up chances...

E Tenebris Oritur Lux - The Power of Positivity

Post Posted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:37 am 
Manager
Manager

Twenty minutes into the game you were thinking I would take a point out of this today because Southampton looked to have the more measured football plus Danny Ings.

Wolves seem to have completely lost their way regards pattern of play, centre midfield was disfunctional as usual.
With the wing backs previously being the get out of jail cards. Now they are becoming a major part of the problem.
As it stands Wolves currently look the worst team in the league and will do well to avoid a relegation struggle.
It all looks rather complacent with very few answers found during the international break.

Performance as a team 3/10.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:41 am 
Manager
Manager

Surely our academy should be able to produce a player at least to the same level as the work experience lad (who I've learned is actually 22!).

Post Posted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:42 am 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

We struggle when the onus is on us to make the running as we don't have many creative outlets as a team. I expect we'll look better in the next 3 away games than we did against Saints though.

The biggest worry is the injuries to Saiss and Bennett. Jesus is a car crash of a player, so erratic, no composure. Think I'd have Kilman or Sanderson ahead of him to be honest.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:51 am 
Manager
Manager

lankywolf wrote:
We struggle when the onus is on us to make the running as we don't have many creative outlets as a team. I expect we'll look better in the next 3 away games than we did against Saints though.

The biggest worry is the injuries to Saiss and Bennett. Jesus is a car crash of a player, so erratic, no composure. Think I'd have Kilman or Sanderson ahead of him to be honest.

Baffling that we didn't start Doherty as he is one of our few creative outlets.

Really needed a first team ready CB, Vallejo might be a player some day but we need one now.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:51 am 
Manager
Manager

We have never played well after an International break. Simple as....

Post Posted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:12 pm 
Manager
Manager

We started brightly without creating much, but it was the wrong line-up for me, with Neves once again playing on the toes of our defence. We did our best to create chances for the visitors, and duly gifted them a goal. We then rallied, and Doherty made the difference again, yet once we'd equalised from the spot we gave the impetus back to Southampton, for some reason. For me, Donk needs to give more, be more influential, as I'm not sure how he benefits the team. In the end, a draw was fair, the game largely forgettable, and we take the point and move on to three away games on the bounce, which may suit us. On the plus side, this is a game we would have lost in the past, 100%.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 3:06 pm 
Manager
Manager

Traore is not a wing back.
I`m not sure Vallejo is a centre back on that performance.
Doc to the rescue again.
Johnny and Jota have a nice little understanding developing.
We have an excellent penalty taker, at last.
Dendonker……..hmmm......just dunno.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 3:47 pm 
Manager
Manager

suiging wrote:
We have never played well after an International break. Simple as....

We beat Burnley in one of our most convincing home performances last season after an international break.

Realistically, yesterday was a continuation of our home performances to date, more than an outlier. We just don't have the right midfield combination to dictate the play.

Dendoncker must be replaced in January.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:11 pm 
YTS

A lot of negativity considering we are only one point off seventh.

We do still need a more creative midfielder, or a number 10, to unlock defences like Southampton’s as they don’t bomb forward and leave the space that the Citehs or Utds of the league do, so our counterattacking threat is nullified.

I hoped Nuno would recognise this in the summer, but hopefully he will get something in place for January, especially if we are still in the Europa League.

I’d still like to see Dendoncker at right centre half, but if we are playing three in midfield I think at this time he needs to be one of them as there aren’t really any credible alternatives. Not sure Saiss and Neves can play in midfield together as they want to operate in the same spaces. I’d like to see us try 3-4-3 with a right side of Donk at the back, Doherty at wing back and Traore ion the wing.

Not giving up on this season yet. Things not as fluent as last year, but still in Europe and still just behind our real rivals in the league.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 11:24 am 
Manager
Manager

Not looking such a good point after last night's result.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 2:20 pm 
Manager
Manager

THE BIG BAD WOLF wrote:
Not looking such a good point after last night's result.

Very true, an opportunity missed me thinks.

Board index » WWFC » Match day stickies