Does it matter.

Would you select a strong side?

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post subject: Re: Villa vs Wolves
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:28 am 
Manager
Manager

Every game matters.

Introducing Mr Jeff Shi – Executive chairman, board member, acting managing director, acting sporting director, unofficial deputy to Raul Jimenez in the striker department and confirmed Banks's drinker

Post Posted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:13 pm 
Manager
Manager

it matters to the 5000 away fans but I would put out a multi changed team for this one.

Ruddy

Vallejo
Coady
Kilman

Sanderson
MGW
Saiss
Watt
Vinagre

Ashley-Seal
Austin.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:23 pm 
Manager
Manager

gladbachwolf wrote:
it matters to the 5000 away fans but I would put out a multi changed team for this one.

Ruddy

Vallejo
Coady
Kilman

Sanderson
MGW
Saiss
Watt
Vinagre

Ashley-Seal
Austin.

A few teenagers likely to start including Perry, who I feel is nowhere near ready.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:34 pm 
Manager
Manager

Yes, Perry is not quite first team bench material as yet but he'll definitely improve with big game experiences. Cutrone will probably start, it would be a good game for him to be involved in but I am thinking of the week ahead after that with Arsenal away, Slovan at home and Villa at home, so rest the main bulk of our squad.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:02 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

I'll be amazed if Neto doesn't get a run out.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:10 pm 
Prediction League Winner 2015/16

Agree with everyone! Give rest to EVERYONE who is averaging playing more than say 60% of game time. That includes Coady! His errors recent;y suggest a tiring mind, and he needs to be kept fresh!

I would play all the squad's 'nearly men', so would pick something like:
Ruddy
Vallejo Saiss Kilman
Sanderson MGW ???? Neto Vinaigre
Ashley-Seal Cutrone

That mid looks lightweight, so I want a big lad who can win ball in there....

Really not bothered about progressing in this. Pram and Europe are of course the important ones. Forget 'bragging rights' - irrelevant!

E Tenebris Oritur Lux - The Power of Positivity

Post Posted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:40 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

The main squad do need to be protected a bit so I would agree with there being plenty of changes. I am concerned that we make sure we stay clear of any relegation worries. Having said that 3 wins gets us to a Wembley final - so yes it does matter.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:43 am 
Manager
Manager

wolfman169 wrote:

Needs to produce something, looks a waste of money so far.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:16 am 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
wolfman169 wrote:

Needs to produce something, looks a waste of money so far.

One assist in the Prem, but he deserves time as he is young and new at this level.

We needed to sign someone who isn't a project though.

http://www.steadfasttrust.org.uk/

Post Posted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:31 am 
Manager
Manager

SilverstoneWolf wrote:
Agree with everyone! Give rest to EVERYONE who is averaging playing more than say 60% of game time. That includes Coady! His errors recent;y suggest a tiring mind, and he needs to be kept fresh!

I would play all the squad's 'nearly men', so would pick something like:
Ruddy
Vallejo Saiss Kilman
Sanderson MGW ???? Neto Vinaigre
Ashley-Seal Cutrone

That mid looks lightweight, so I want a big lad who can win ball in there....

Really not bothered about progressing in this. Pram and Europe are of course the important ones. Forget 'bragging rights' - irrelevant!

Don't throw your dummy out of this then..:-)

Predicitive text, eh..??? :-)

Post Posted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:16 pm 
Manager
Manager

Well, that's a very interesting line-up. :shock:

Ruddy
Vallejo Bennett Kilman
Sanderson Jordao Perry Vinagre
Campbell Cutrone Neto

Subs; Patricio Taylor Ashley-Seal Samuels Rasmussen Christavao Richards

Post Posted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:20 pm 
Manager
Manager

warn wrote:

Ruddy
Vallejo Bennett Kilman
Campbell Cutrone Neto

And very young. Good decision on Nuno`s part? I think so.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:29 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

desiwulf wrote:
warn wrote:

Ruddy
Vallejo Bennett Kilman
Campbell Cutrone Neto

And very young. Good decision on Nuno`s part? I think so.

I hope Ruddy and Bennett have their child minding certificates up to date. :lol:

Shrops will be pleased to know that "the Work Experience kid" appears to be the next oldest player after those two.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:14 pm 
Manager
Manager

Bennett and Ruddy, our seasoned campaigners haven`t impressed. Ditto the recent signings, Vallejo, Cutrone and Neto. Still only 1-0 though and maybe Ruddy should have saved the goal.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:18 pm 
Manager
Manager

Another game, another opportunity taken to concede the first goal, ably abetted by Ruddy's weak keeping :roll:

Nobody is doing anything impressive for us. Cutrone, Neto and Jordao are really thin gruel for a summer recruitment drive.

The fact that it's "only" 0-1 is really the only positive there is. Villa going through the motions and far from slickly but still very comfortable. We may get through the match without getting a shot on target at this rate.

Introducing Mr Jeff Shi – Executive chairman, board member, acting managing director, acting sporting director, unofficial deputy to Raul Jimenez in the striker department and confirmed Banks's drinker

Post Posted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:35 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

lol is there no VAR in this - ain't complaining - looked like a foul in build up and offside as scored - other than that, one of our finest!

Post Posted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:14 pm 
Manager
Manager

Cutrone unlucky with the one on one, through the legs goes in nine times out of ten.

Terry Taylor and Taylor Perry, very confusing.

Looking for more from Jordao as he was outshone by the blonde Perry, Campbell I wasn't aware was playing. Thought Vallejo and Kilman did well.

http://www.steadfasttrust.org.uk/

Last edited by THE BIG BAD WOLF on Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:38 pm 
Manager
Manager

Nice to see some of the young lads getting a game although I don`t know how it will benefit them if they do not get more first team games this season. I cannot see us being in a position to be able to give them the opportunity this season. Can`t help feeling that Nuno wasn`t bothered either way what result we got. The bigger picture for fans and Club is Europe and Premiership survival. Positives? none of our first team squad got injured. It will be a totally different game in a fortnight.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:44 pm 
Manager
Manager

First half we did nothing and Villa bossed it. Second half we started to play bit more, and could have equalised after letting Villa go ahead after we equalised 30 seconds earlier! That said, Villa still bossed it and should have scored more.

Ruddy, should have done better for both goals, but I guess he's old and rusty now.

Pat deserved his goal and should have scored another. Works hard and I think he's a good player, he just needs to get a bit of luck his work-rate warrants.

Kilman looks like he could be a good defender, has composure, and Sanderson has some spirit and some promise.

Netto looked sharp at times, but ended up getting the hook and a bollocking off Nuno for petulance :lol:

More than half of the players I've never heard of, and the lad who came on at the end with the exotic name, I'm guessing models our leisurewear.

Overall, a big letdown and not fair on the 5,500+ Wolves who bought tickets for the game, albeit at cut-price rates and just down the road. Not sure how much weaker that Villa side is compared to the one that will come to Molineux, but we better put on a more dominant show than tonight.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:58 pm 
Manager
Manager

Embers wrote:
First half we did nothing and Villa bossed it. Second half we started to play bit more, and could have equalised after letting Villa go ahead after we equalised 30 seconds earlier! That said, Villa still bossed it and should have scored more.

Ruddy, should have done better for both goals, but I guess he's old and rusty now.

Pat deserved his goal and should have scored another. Works hard and I think he's a good player, he just needs to get a bit of luck his work-rate warrants.

Kilman looks like he could be a good defender, has composure, and Sanderson has some spirit and some promise.

Netto looked sharp at times, but ended up getting the hook and a bollocking off Nuno for petulance :lol:

More than half of the players I've never heard of, and the lad who came on at the end with the exotic name, I'm guessing models our leisurewear.

Overall, a big letdown and not fair on the 5,500+ Wolves who bought tickets for the game, albeit at cut-price rates and just down the road. Not sure how much weaker that Villa side is compared to the one that will come to Molineux, but we better put on a more dominant show than tonight.

Spot on, in a nutshell. Wish I was half as erudite.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:23 pm 
Manager
Manager

Never really got ourselves into the match. At 1-1, we finally had the platform and feeling that we might win, but then we shot ourselves in the foot immediately with their 2nd. Ruddy continued his form of last season by conceding about 80% of shots he faces.

The 2nd half was at least a better effort, but realistically none of those players - with the possible exception of Kilman - look like any competition for our starting XI at present, which is a failure of recruitment and squad management all in all.

The "work experience lad" actually had his best game to date. Sanderson looked "ok", with some potential and probably ready for a loan and regularly professional football. By contrast, Vinagre has completely lost his way, more concerned with tricks on the ball than any end product.

For all his huff and puff, Cutrone only seems to be able to convert from distances of 5 yards.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:16 am 
Manager
Manager

desiwulf wrote:
Embers wrote:

Spot on, in a nutshell. Wish I was half as erudite.

Why thank you des

Post Posted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:53 am 

move on. A bunch of youngsters put up a spirited show.

And hw many of the 5 000 wolves fans ever thought they would see more than 1 0r 2 1st team players?Ridiculous to complain now!

I have missed only 2 games (in UK) this season before this, and I never dreamed of missing my committee meeting in London.... Now if it had been a Prem game....!

E Tenebris Oritur Lux - The Power of Positivity

Post Posted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:33 am 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Whilst it was a nice run out for a lot of not quite leading lights", but also v junior ones too boot, I must confess to be a little disappointed that we could only field such a weak 2nd team, when potentially only a couple of games away from a cup final. The Europa involvement meant we entered the Carabao late and progressed disproportionately far, quite quickly - so whilst not unexpected that we haven't exactly prioritised this Cup, it is still sad we could only put so poor a team, and against relatively local rivals. I reckon it highlights the lack of strength in depth we have, or that Nuno has at his disposal. Onwards and upwards, but still feels like an opportunity missed.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:42 am 
Manager
Manager

Confirmation that beyond the regular first team starters there is next to nothing else.

Villa after 15 minutes had worked out Wolves had nothing to offer.

It was an armchair stroll for the home side with their midfield playing in second gear while still able to dictate events.

They wont have an easier game this season, I doubt they could believe their luck.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:08 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

The TV coverage showed Nuno almost clipping Neto round the earhole for his cheek when bringing him off :lol: PROPER.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:39 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Rozza wrote:
The TV coverage showed Nuno almost clipping Neto round the earhole for his cheek when bringing him off :lol: PROPER.

Well Rozza, was it an assault and is there enough evidence for a prosecution in these enlightened times? :lol:

Post Posted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:57 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Left back wrote:
Rozza wrote:

Well Rozza, was it an assault and is there enough evidence for a prosecution in these enlightened times? :lol:

your honour, may I bring your attention to the term "Almost", the use of lawful chastisement is justified your honour as the player was indeed acting like an errant child, the prosecution rests. :wink:

Post Posted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:07 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Perry looked quite promising i thought, seemed to be able to win the ball quite often.
MGW would have benefited from this game IMO. :idea:
Vallejo thinks he can get in Real Madrid's team FFS..... He's deluded.
I was amazed we actually scored. :shock:

Board index » WWFC » Match day stickies