Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » WWFC » Match day stickies

Share On:

Post Posted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:46 am 
Manager
Manager

Good to see Jose Mourinho praising Nuno for his coaching ability and having the ability to structure a team in his minds eye.
With his players drilled to play to that vision.

Should be a good game, Spurs will give it a go and have some very dangerous players

Forecast.

Wolves 1 Spurs 2.

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post Posted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:26 pm 
Manager
Manager

Disappointing that we have to play them now that they've recovered from their Poch slump.

I'm still not sure the defensive stability is sufficient at present to keep PL teams out and if Spurs have one strength, it's scoring.

Introducing Mr Jeff Shi – Executive chairman, board member, acting managing director, acting sporting director, unofficial deputy to Raul Jimenez in the striker department and confirmed Banks's drinker

Post Posted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:35 am 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Expect us to be on our 'A' game for this one. 1-1.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:47 pm 
Manager
Manager

Patricio

Dendoncker
Coady
Saiss

Doherty
Moutinho
Neves
Jonny

Traore
Jimenez
Jota.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:28 pm 
Manager
Manager

Spurs always had the quality to open up our makeshift defence, and could have actually scored a couple more. Despite our dominance otherwise they just look too quick, big and organised at the back, need a slice of luck to open them up.

http://www.steadfasttrust.org.uk/

Post Posted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 4:24 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

I am sure I am going to regret this, but even if score stays at 1-1, and we don't get the 2nd we deserve, what a great game of footie for the world to see - end to end - pity some of the many yellow cards suffered by Traore didn't result in a redder variety!

Post Posted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 4:26 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

oh fck. That bottom left corner has not been our friend lately.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 4:52 pm 
Manager
Manager

Undeserved defeat.

We put more energy into that game than any since the City game, but for no reward. We didn't get much luck along the way, no deflection or ball falling from a corner free. For the amount of ball we had int he final third, we had far too few attempts at their goal. A wonderstrike was our only breakthrough.

A hard lesson for the team but that defending wasn't up to standard at the corner. That's exactly the difference when you get up into the rarified air of the elite clubs, the same will be true of the KO stage of the Europa League. Leave people unmarked like that, they score against you.

No corner would have been necessary though if Dendoncker hadn't been so petulant against Kane.

Introducing Mr Jeff Shi – Executive chairman, board member, acting managing director, acting sporting director, unofficial deputy to Raul Jimenez in the striker department and confirmed Banks's drinker

Last edited by shropswolf on Sun Dec 15, 2019 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 4:53 pm 
Manager
Manager

Mourinho certainly has them organised well at the back, shame Traore fell asleep at the end to undo his previous good work.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 5:21 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Cruel. Good game to watch, hard game to lose.

I do wish Traore would take advantage of the first ball to him instead of trapping it, taking three touches, then getting doubled up or trebled up reducing his options. Nice goal on his favoured side.

We need an aerial target in the box if we continue to play wide.

What a shit goal to concede to lose it though.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:29 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

THE BIG BAD WOLF wrote:
Mourinho certainly has them organised well at the back, shame Traore fell asleep at the end to undo his previous good work.

Coudn't resist could you. He did seem to have hurt his neck quite badly just before then. I see that in this match he took the 22nd 23rd and 24th tackles deemed to be worthy of yellow cards against him this season. Just imagine if he was any good. I rather fancy that Dendonker was more culpable with his carelessness for the last goal.

I thought we played exceptionally well at times but we just don't have that clinical finisher in the box against the top defenders.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:57 pm 
Manager
Manager

Bloody blime-ing flippin` eck, that's all I`ve got to say......except.....
Traore has got to be the player that has drawn the most yellow cards in the Prem. Pre Mourhino we would have hammered them. I thought our midfield and attack took a lot of pressure off our Boly-less defence by their constant pressing.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:30 pm 
Manager
Manager

Left back wrote:
THE BIG BAD WOLF wrote:

Coudn't resist could you. He did seem to have hurt his neck quite badly just before then. I see that in this match he took the 22nd 23rd and 24th tackles deemed to be worthy of yellow cards against him this season. Just imagine if he was any good. I rather fancy that Dendonker was more culpable with his carelessness for the last goal.

I thought we played exceptionally well at times but we just don't have that clinical finisher in the box against the top defenders.

It was abysmal defending, utterly brainless.

Jimenez is a clinical finisher, just needs good supply, not aimless lofted balls that Spurs defenders could deal with all day long, Mourinho did a number on us. On the plus side we put together some good combinations down left and created the odd opening.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:18 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

I didn't feel that Jiminez was getting into the box that much when the crosses were coming in it was mainly the 5ft somethings of Jota and Jonny who were up against the tall central defenders. There were plenty of GOOD crosses went over from the right it was just that there wasn't enough in the box to beat a well organised defence.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 2:15 am 
Manager
Manager

Horrible way to end the game. It will be interesting to see what happens in January given we are so close to the top four with a double chance of getting into the champions league next season. Surely if there are top players willing to sign the money will flow, but getting Nuno to sign another contract will be the first priority. Most of the media are expecting Nuno to go and for our best players to ship out and for us to sink down to mid-bottom table by season end. I think that Nuno will stay and we will strengthen in January. I hope I am right.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:49 am 
Manager
Manager

Wolfhawk wrote:
Horrible way to end the game. It will be interesting to see what happens in January given we are so close to the top four with a double chance of getting into the champions league next season. Surely if there are top players willing to sign the money will flow, but getting Nuno to sign another contract will be the first priority. Most of the media are expecting Nuno to go and for our best players to ship out and for us to sink down to mid-bottom table by season end. I think that Nuno will stay and we will strengthen in January. I hope I am right.

January transfer targets are likely to be determined by potential share price rather than League table.

Its difficult to equate how money speculated on players can effect future listings.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:27 pm 
Manager
Manager

Wolfhawk wrote:

I’ve bet on us being in the top 4 so don’t worry. I missed out by one place last season so if we come 5th we can’t complain.

The Liquidator... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m0yny9f0MY&NR=1

Post Posted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 3:17 am 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Is it just me, or .... whilst trying to reflect on what at first was all about daylight robbery on the part of Spurs, and whilst there was a lot of praise for Traore from pundits, and for the whole team from Mourinho - come the cold light of day, I couldn't help but think where the heck did Jimenez get to? I was struggling to think of bits that featured the man who is our usual goto guy. Was he just eclipsed by the praise being directed at Traore and Jota, or did he just have a quiet (or worse) game?

Post Posted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:50 am 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

TStarr wrote:
Is it just me, or .... whilst trying to reflect on what at first was all about daylight robbery on the part of Spurs, and whilst there was a lot of praise for Traore from pundits, and for the whole team from Mourinho - come the cold light of day, I couldn't help but think where the heck did Jimenez get to? I was struggling to think of bits that featured the man who is our usual goto guy. Was he just eclipsed by the praise being directed at Traore and Jota, or did he just have a quiet (or worse) game?

I felt that he came deep a lot, perhaps looking to support Moutinho and Neves, but it meant that he wasn't in the box enough against a tall and powerful central defence who headed clear unchallenged on numerous occasions.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 1:51 pm 
Manager
Manager

TStarr wrote:

At this stage of their careers Jota and Traore are not very good at linking the play so it falls on the central striker to drop into the half space.
You don't want all your front runners playing off the same flat line.

Board index » WWFC » Match day stickies