Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » WWFC » Match day stickies

Share On:

Post Posted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 12:32 pm 
Manager
Manager

Our first eleven will have little gas so rest all ten outfield players please.

More concerned about muscle injuries.

Forecast Home win.

Next....

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:22 am 
Manager
Manager

Liverpool looked a cut above last season so hope for a much changed eleven, wonder what Klopp will do. Still have to question how Klopp's players maintain their energy levels throughout the season, hope they are properly tested for PEDs.

http://www.steadfasttrust.org.uk/

Post Posted: Sun Dec 29, 2019 4:46 pm 
Manager
Manager

Weakened side as expected due to our schedule. Meanwhile, Liverpool, with an extra day's rest before this game and an extra day's recovery after the game, can put out their strongest side. Fair?

Introducing Mr Jeff Shi – Executive chairman, board member, acting managing director, acting sporting director, unofficial deputy to Raul Jimenez in the striker department and confirmed Banks's drinker

Post Posted: Sun Dec 29, 2019 5:59 pm 
Manager
Manager

Ridiculous, it wasn't offside, VAR actually showed that, in that you can determine it with that level of certainty.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 29, 2019 6:01 pm 
YTS

If the ref blows his whistle you can’t award a goal scored after he has blown.

If the stupid lines are on top of each other how is it offside.

Neither decision by the ref decision clearly and obviously wrong.

WTF. Destroying our game.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 29, 2019 6:02 pm 
Manager
Manager

Another VAR masterclass of protecting the big boys club.

Get rid of this bollocks except for the very final pass before a goal and there needing to be offside based on the players' boots.

Introducing Mr Jeff Shi – Executive chairman, board member, acting managing director, acting sporting director, unofficial deputy to Raul Jimenez in the striker department and confirmed Banks's drinker

Post Posted: Sun Dec 29, 2019 6:04 pm 
Manager
Manager

Relax, we`ve got Jiminez and Traore to come on.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 29, 2019 7:04 pm 
Manager
Manager

We created plenty of chances, but lost out on the end to Stockley Park, not Liverpool
Move on..

Post Posted: Sun Dec 29, 2019 7:06 pm 
Manager
Manager

Really impressed with Neto, at nineteen plenty of time to improve too. Kilman did great considering who he was up against. Odd no Cutrone today.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 29, 2019 7:14 pm 
YTS

Agree that Kilman and Neto were both very good. Thought Coady should have been given MoTM.

I think for once the rumour sites may be correct and Cutrone will be on his way with Hee-Chan his replacement. Shame it hasn’t worked out as hoped.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 29, 2019 7:23 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

We played better than I feared we might on seeing the team sheet - deserved a draw - Liverpool pretty much kept in their box, especially 2nd half - feels like we just got back to the car and someone has pinched our proverbial hub caps tbh - but who wouldn't have taken 3 points out of the last 2 matches?

Great year - not really finished on a low - can take great encouragement going into 2020 - maybe this is our decade coming up - looking forward to seeing you all in it - have a great New Year.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 29, 2019 8:04 pm 
Prediction League Winner 2015/16

On coach on way back. Not sure I can be arsed to do a Just Got Back tonight! WOLVERHAMPTON about9:00 and home about 11:00 (after leaving home at 9;30am...)

All I can say is at least I have been consistent re VAR since first mooted.

I hope all who welcomed as ‘route to improve football & make fairer by removing bad decisions’ are now suitably pleased with selves.

Not sure I can be bothered to go to Watford; what’s the point? The game has been ruined by people tinkering. Right royally pissed off.

E Tenebris Oritur Lux - The Power of Positivity

Post Posted: Sun Dec 29, 2019 8:35 pm 
Manager
Manager

Both VAR decisions were correct unfortunately. Every single player can not be faulted. Really impressed with our youngsters, Killman. Vinaigre and Neto. Especially with the confidence the latter two seemed to show. Jonny MOM for me.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:04 am 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

desiwulf wrote:
Both VAR decisions were correct.

Not sure about that tbh. Which frame do they use? Is there necessarily a frame that shows the exact moment of contact with the ball? Can a human identify that exact moment anyway? The tiny margins these decisions are being given on are impossible to measure with the technology available and when humans are involved.

Also, there is a possibility that VVD handled in the build up to their goal, but VAR ruled it 'inconclusive' therefore could not give the decision. This would suggest the offside against Jonny was deemed 'conclusive'. I would strongly argue that it wasn't.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:28 am 
YTS

Fully agree Lanky.

VAR spend ages assessing offsides, looking at where the receiving player is, but seem to skip over the point of contact with the ball by the passer with no where near the same level of scrutiny.

I’ve read that VAR uses video at 50 frames per second. Jonny can cover over 8 metres per second, so over 16 cm per frame. So how on earth can they categorically give an offside based on a centimetre or two?

It is just absolute nonsense. The technology just isn’t there to get the decision correct 100%, no matter how long VAR takes, so all the more reason to only overturn the onfield decision where the mistake is clear and obvious.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:42 am 
Manager
Manager

Thought Jonny and Pukki were onside, any slight doubt and advantage should be given to the attacker. Pre VAR any replay looked at by pundits no one would have questioned both were onside.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:37 am 
Manager
Manager

Still trying to keep my mind VAR free.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 5:15 pm 

da_ken_min wrote:
Fully agree Lanky.

VAR spend ages assessing offsides, looking at where the receiving player is, but seem to skip over the point of contact with the ball by the passer with no where near the same level of scrutiny.

I’ve read that VAR uses video at 50 frames per second. Jonny can cover over 8 metres per second, so over 16 cm per frame. So how on earth can they categorically give an offside based on a centimetre or two?

It is just absolute nonsense. The technology just isn’t there to get the decision correct 100%, no matter how long VAR takes, so all the more reason to only overturn the onfield decision where the mistake is clear and obvious.

Absolutely right both of you. And remember WHO can decide the EXACT moment the ball leaves the boot? This again will lead to errors of several centimetres, so again trying to draw an imaginary 'exact' line to show positions is flawed.

The WHOLE system is flawed and we MUST not accept it and just shrug and assume 'technology' is better. It isn't. Even human who knows anything about football knows that Pukki's goal and Neto's goal were both perfectly good goals that should NOT have been ruled out.

E Tenebris Oritur Lux - The Power of Positivity

Post Posted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 5:29 pm 
Manager
Manager

lankywolf wrote:
desiwulf wrote:
Both VAR decisions were correct.

Not sure about that tbh. Which frame do they use? Is there necessarily a frame that shows the exact moment of contact with the ball? Can a human identify that exact moment anyway? The tiny margins these decisions are being given on are impossible to measure with the technology available and when humans are involved.

Also, there is a possibility that VVD handled in the build up to their goal, but VAR ruled it 'inconclusive' therefore could not give the decision. This would suggest the offside against Jonny was deemed 'conclusive'. I would strongly argue that it wasn't.

Good point , I was purely going on the frame they showed on t.v. This needs to be looked at post season and I think it will be.

Board index » WWFC » Match day stickies