Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » WWFC » Match day stickies

Share On:

Post Posted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:35 am 
Manager
Manager

Would we wish them to survive this season if it meant Villa were relegated...Of course.

Not a nice set of collective players it seems, more of a modern day Wimbledon.

Forecast for this one.

Watford 1 Wolves 2.

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post subject: Re: Watford vs Wolves
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 5:57 pm 
Prediction League Winner 2015/16

Gosh - hope you are right KK after the traumas of recent days!

Personally, I think we DESERVE to win 4 - 0 at a canter if there is any justice in the world.

But our boys have GOT to jettison that mindset that 'we can do it against the big boys, but struggle against the minnows'.... We have got to tell ourselves that our style is such that if we bring it PLUS a high tempo to the game, we can - and should - CRUSH lesser teams, not just fiddle about for a nervy one goal win...

I will be there - if I can find a train or a parking space.... Decided NOT to send my ticket to Stockley Park, but if VAR hits us again, I will be driving straight to SP, through the front doors, past reception and up the stairs (in my Range Rover 4WD - it's what it is built for!) and into the video room and through the screens....

See you in court.

E Tenebris Oritur Lux - The Power of Positivity

Post Posted: Wed Jan 01, 2020 1:35 am 
Manager
Manager

Not a particularly good time to run into them. Psychopath Pearson has kicked their bottoms and Deeney will be out there playing the big man after his goals against Villa.

Of course we are the better team, but this is the different scenario of us having to make the running not playing a Liverpool or Citeh game. A repeat of Norwich and I don't think they will let off of the hook as easily.

Introducing Mr Jeff Shi – Executive chairman, board member, acting managing director, acting sporting director, unofficial deputy to Raul Jimenez in the striker department and confirmed Banks's drinker

Post Posted: Wed Jan 01, 2020 4:27 pm 
Manager
Manager

Feels like one of those games. Should have been one up before the awful mistake, questionable refereeing decisions.

Neto the pick of the forwards, Raul gone back to looking jaded and Traore abysmal.

http://www.steadfasttrust.org.uk/

Post Posted: Wed Jan 01, 2020 4:33 pm 
Manager
Manager

Pathetic effort by most of the XI to be honest and could easily have let in 2 more.

Why Nuno has moved Dendonkey into midfield is a mystery, the bloke cannot pass a football forward to save his life. If 95% of your passes are back into the defence, one misplaced one will always put us in trouble.

Get Neves and Jota on (the ref has it in for Neto). This is an important match.

Introducing Mr Jeff Shi – Executive chairman, board member, acting managing director, acting sporting director, unofficial deputy to Raul Jimenez in the striker department and confirmed Banks's drinker

Post Posted: Wed Jan 01, 2020 4:46 pm 
Manager
Manager

Sums it up, why did Raul come on against Liverpool, should have rested him, poor pass.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 01, 2020 5:29 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Fast going off Watford! Especially Mr Deeney. WOuld love an equalizer to start the New Year

Post Posted: Wed Jan 01, 2020 5:33 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

poop. :minigun:

Post Posted: Wed Jan 01, 2020 5:33 pm 
Manager
Manager

Both Vinagre and Traore are more interested in showboating than getting a decent ball in to the box.

Sickened, Watford are a real hate team for me now.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 01, 2020 5:38 pm 
Manager
Manager

Horrendous start to the decade, it laid bare our mental problems to all and sundry.

A really poor week of squad management left us starting the most winnable of 3 games with the weakest team of the 3 games.

We are becoming another Arsenal, putting on our party frocks for the big games and cannot be bothered with the muck and nettles.

I take it Cutrone is going back to Italy.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:09 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

THE BIG BAD WOLF wrote:
Both Vinagre and Traore are more interested in showboating than getting a decent ball in to the box.

Two goes at him and I thought he was as good as most (which admittedly wasn't great), particularly in the second half. I think Dendonker has been the cause of 4 goals against us in the last 4 or 5 games but no mention of him from you and Jiminez was pretty well anonymous except for giving the ball away for a goal.

To me, Neves was the big miss in midfield and we did pick up considerably when he came on but it was too late by then.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:15 pm 
Manager
Manager

Left back wrote:
To me, Neves was the big miss in midfield and we did pick up considerably when he came on but it was too late by then.

Neves was the prime example of the poor squad management. He goes off against Liverpool when we are in the game, but OK, Nuno is obviously saving him for Watford... today he doesn't even start! By contrast 33-year-old Moutinho seemingly will always play 90 minutes.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:55 pm 
Manager
Manager

Left back wrote:
THE BIG BAD WOLF wrote:

Two goes at him and I thought he was as good as most (which admittedly wasn't great), particularly in the second half. I think Dendonker has been the cause of 4 goals against us in the last 4 or 5 games but no mention of him from you and Jiminez was pretty well anonymous except for giving the ball away for a goal.

Donk isn't a CB so I am not going to criticise when he makes the inevitable mistakes playing there.

We were the better team from start to finish, they capitalised on the mistake we made, we didn't create enough or score when we did create. Doherty and Raul were played in and missed, Neto should have had an admittedly soft penalty.

Nuno should have rested Raul, Neves and Moutinho, we knew we would get nothing at Anfield.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 01, 2020 7:22 pm 
Manager
Manager

Missed the game today. 35th game of the season was it? We need a bigger squad.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 01, 2020 7:48 pm 
Manager
Manager

desiwulf wrote:
Missed the game today. 35th game of the season was it? We need a bigger squad.

We can retain a small squad as Nuno wishes.

But those outside of the regular starting XI need to be of a better quality, ready to come in and perform to a high standard when required.

Take Boly out of defence and our summer recruitment should have provided another quality defender... instead we got the work experience lad Vallejo who can't be relied upon so we are left with playing midfielders at the back and no clean sheet for months on end.

Try to take Jimenez out of attack and our summer recruitment should have provided another quality forward to line the line... instead we got the Italian Andy Keogh who we now look like sending back.

Last edited by shropswolf on Wed Jan 01, 2020 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:51 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

THE BIG BAD WOLF wrote:
Donk isn't a CB so I am not going to criticise when he makes the inevitable mistakes playing there.

We were the better team from start to finish, they capitalised on the mistake we made, we didn't create enough or score when we did create. Doherty and Raul were played in and missed, Neto should have had an admittedly soft penalty.

Nuno should have rested Raul, Neves and Moutinho, we knew we would get nothing at Anfield.

Well I agree with some of that.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 01, 2020 11:33 pm 

Many have said it already, so I won;t do a 'Just Got Back'...

BUT I have to say that as soon as the team was announced I said I feared the worst. The team selection seemed to not make sense.

Surely we are not bothered by FA Cup as yet are games in February would be a nightmare? If we are therefore putting out a 'second string' on Saturday, why not go for the tried and trusted XI of recent weeks? Why rest Neves (again)? Why Jota? Why push Donk into a midfield 4?

Nuno moved the DOnk into a midfield 5 pst year when we ere getting over-run in midfield - and it worked. This year, with Traore's improvement, we went back to 3-4-3 with Donk in the back 3 and Nev & Mout in the middle.

It was clear that a lot of players - as at Anfield - had their families over with them. Have they perhaps had TOO good a family Christmas & New Year?? So many looked jaded and not really up for it from the start.

No idea why Traore gets stick on here. He seemed to be the only way we re looking to beat sides, but to do so WE NEED PLAYERS TO GET IN THE BOX! Too often, he was left crossing a ball into a penalty area with ONE of ours and about 5/6 of theirs.... Not HIS fault!

Doc chose today tp have his least effective game. Vinagre looked a shadow of the lad who attacked Liverpool.

I am really getting to dislike Watford!! (Ref pretty useless and ineffectual too! Not good enough for Prem. The payers ran the game, not him. They just ignored him.)

Post Posted: Wed Jan 01, 2020 11:40 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

SilverstoneWolf wrote:

No idea why Traore gets stick on here.

Not from me Silverstone. I seem to have to defend him every game. and I agree with your comment about shortage of players in the box.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 1:27 am 

Left back wrote:
SilverstoneWolf wrote:

Not from me Silverstone. I seem to have to defend him every game. and I agree with your comment about shortage of players in the box.

We need Dernjerus Dave back...! Seriously, apart from Doc, we are simply NOT getting bodies in the box to support Jimenez. If Traore goes outside FB, then our left midfield and left wingback AND Jota should be busting a gut to make sure we have 4 in the box - not one! At least then Adama might be able to find someone!

Post Posted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:57 am 
Manager
Manager

SilverstoneWolf wrote:
Left back wrote:
SilverstoneWolf wrote:

We need Dernjerus Dave back...! Seriously, apart from Doc, we are simply NOT getting bodies in the box to support Jimenez. If Traore goes outside FB, then our left midfield and left wingback AND Jota should be busting a gut to make sure we have 4 in the box - not one! At least then Adama might be able to find someone!

The point about bodies in the box harks back to decades past when players had to fit fixed positions.
The games far more fluent than ever before with players far fitter with more all round skill sets.
To enable more bodies to ARRIVE into the box Wolves would require an attacking rethink as to passing in combination and ball retention in the opponents half.
As it is, its quickfire attacking in very few seconds, players just cant get up and down the field enough with the present mindset of the coaches.

Post Posted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:23 pm 
Manager
Manager

Left back wrote:
SilverstoneWolf wrote:

You do seem to get upset when he gets some well deserved stick, I can only say I will continue to do so. We are a far better team without Traore in it.

Post Posted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 3:05 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

THE BIG BAD WOLF wrote:
Left back wrote:
SilverstoneWolf wrote:

You do seem to get upset when he gets some well deserved stick, I can only say I will continue to do so. We are a far better team without Traore in it.

And I can only say that I disagree with you and will continue to do so if he continues to contribute. In my view we have been far more effective with him in the team than without this season. I feel that you started with a downer on him and have refused to revise your opinion despite a massive improvement this season.

Board index » WWFC » Match day stickies