Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » WWFC » Match day stickies

Share On:

Post Posted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:33 am 
Manager
Manager

Friday night, 8 o clock at home.

Leicester City bring a side full of confidence and quality and we know Brendan Rodgers sides will always give it a go.

Wolves as the home side should have the edge with team selection of particular interest.

Will Daniel Podence start, would you start him?

Forecast Wolves 2 Leicester City 1.

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post Posted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:56 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

It would be good to see Podence make a start but I suspect Nuno will want to ease him in a bit first.

It would be nice to see a Valentine's day massacre by the home team but I guess that's hope more than expectation.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:36 pm 
Manager
Manager

I wonder if Bennett will advise Leicester to let Vardy target Coady as their best chance of success.

Last time out we managed the first clean sheet for an age, hopefully the training camp has also found ways to combine that with scoring the first goal.

This is the start of a decisive period for our season with the Europa League back in full swing and table closing up. Fail to wrack up victories and we could soon be among the midtable.

Introducing Mr Jeff Shi – Executive chairman, board member, acting managing director, acting sporting director, unofficial deputy to Raul Jimenez in the striker department and confirmed Banks's drinker

Post Posted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:26 pm 
Prediction League Winner 2015/16
Prediction League Winner 2015/16

We are already in 'the mid-table', but I understand your point. Defeat tomorrow (unthinkable!!) and a draw or two and suddenly we are nowhere near top 6 never mind top 4!

We have to anticipate that a week in the sun, and a rejuvenated Jota & Boly and a refreshed Neves & Jimenez & Moutinho and Traore and.... will result in a positive push for the top.

We the fans need to not be nervous and downbeat, but optimistic and positive! Give the players CONFIDENCE to strut their stuff!

Here's to a glorious victory tomorrow and a nice claret or two afterwards!

E Tenebris Oritur Lux - The Power of Positivity

Post Posted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:32 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

SilverstoneWolf wrote:

Here's to a glorious victory tomorrow and a nice claret or two afterwards!

Blimey, I hope you are not turning Villa. :lol:

Post Posted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:33 pm 
Manager
Manager

We finished last season so strongly, pretty much from here on in, I hope we can replicate that again.

Very good side put together by the unfairly maligned Rogers, but we should have had a win at their place.

Glad to have the season starting up again, the distraction of football is very welcome at this gloomy time of the year.

http://www.steadfasttrust.org.uk/

Post Posted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:23 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Clucking bell - bldy VAR does for us again - I am all for accuracy but just doesn't seem fair. I feared the Doc might have leant on his defender, but even when that looked good, still feared they would trip us up somewhere else - oh ballcocks.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:25 pm 
Manager
Manager

Been the better team, should be ahead, but at least we aren't behind. Need to channel that frustration. Maybe missed Moutinho's scheming in midfield.

Actually thought at last a goal VAR can't disallow.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:25 pm 
Manager
Manager

Jota`s left heel? VAR strikes again.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:31 pm 
Manager
Manager

Leicester stepped it up second half and we never really looked like winning it. We were most threatening from set pieces, Boly makes such a difference, but that isn't such a good thing. Podence looked a bit little boy lost.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:33 pm 
Manager
Manager

Almost had Neves's goal against Man U disallowed, need to be aware of this, even if that isn't why the offside rule was introduced.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:48 pm 
Manager
Manager

Ended up being Neto`s foot then. Two equally balanced sides. Jota way off the pace tonight and should have been subbed earlier. Somebody tell me what Dedonker brings to the side please. Would have liked to have seen Mouthino on earlier but I am sure Nuno had his reasons. The fact that we nearly let Doherty bleed to death and couldn`t replace Jiminez who was clearly off his game shows the lack of depth we have in the squad. McTwat on btsport gave MOM to Evans, Saiss was head and shoulders above him in my opinion.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:59 pm 
Manager
Manager

Another impotent display in front of goal, with the consolation that the defence looks organised now that Boly is back.

I'm still expecting this all to fade out into a mid-table finish , league wise. The Europa League is really the shot at glory.

Last season Jota was superb combining with Jimenez after November, this year it's not working at all. January needed a real goal threat to come into the fold. Podence looked poor imo and the rumoured speed hasn't been present in either of his cameos.

Introducing Mr Jeff Shi – Executive chairman, board member, acting managing director, acting sporting director, unofficial deputy to Raul Jimenez in the striker department and confirmed Banks's drinker

Post Posted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:20 am 
Manager
Manager

Even a bunch of Leicester knobs in the corner by the North Bank joined in with the vitriol against VAR. What a shambles.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:16 am 
Manager
Manager

We did have the chances to win it, especially first half. Same issues though, Raul doesn't take his chances and Jota is off form then we aren't going to score. Thought Doherty was much better today, rest might have helped but he didn't get the chance to get a goal. Like with a Rashfordless Man U, we didn't push for it enough, too cautious and not threatening enough. Even when down to ten men we didn't look any more likely to score.

Really have to question why our main signing was a short in stature player who doesn't score many, we have a lot those already.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:31 am 
Manager
Manager

I think the game showcased what I would call high quality cheats football.

It feeds the analysts in the dugout and in the theory rooms as a job well done.

Its box ticking football by both sides.

Technical level of all players excellent tick.

Organisation levels high tick.

Fitness levels very good Tick.

Focus and concentration levels very high through the whole piece tick.

So if you equate performance levels to those kind of parameters your having your daily hard on.

Truth is both sides played impotent football because key ingredients were missing for the duration.

There's only so far you can go as a side if your limiting yourselves from the outset.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:37 am 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

I thought we were excellent defensively.... Vardy hardly got a touch and i didn't realize Perez was on the pitch til they subbed him off.

Jimi had a mare infront of goal, that hasn't happened a lot this year so he gets some slack.
Jota just keeps running into defenders and falling over....Refs ain't buying that anymore.

Dendonker and his constant stupid fouling drives me nuts!!

They need to change the use of VAR to only use it if the Ref asks for clarification, checking every goal and literally looking for an excuse to disallow goals is ruining football and the fans enjoyment of the game... The lino didn't flag, the Ref indicated a goal, and the Leicester players placed the ball on the centre spot and lined up to kick off !!!! ---- Grrrr, another 2 points we should have had.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:08 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

This VAR thing is a real problem. 4 times this season we have celebrated a goal which appears to have been given by the referee and then had each one ruled out. This totally destroys the enjoyment from the game and in the longer term will have an effect on support for the game if it is not sorted out.

Board index » WWFC » Match day stickies