Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » WWFC » Match day stickies

Share On:

Post Posted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:28 pm 
Manager
Manager

A nice enjoyable attractive fixture with a feel good factor radiating through the home fans.

Will Ruben Neves unleash again, will he enter the opponents penalty area.

Sunday at two we find out.

Forecast.

Wolves 2 Norwich 1.

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post Posted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 4:59 pm 
Manager
Manager

First league game in a while that Wolves are clear favourites to win, a role we don't always cope very well with. It's time to give up on plucky efforts and deliver 3 points, any way possible will do.

Introducing Mr Jeff Shi – Executive chairman, board member, acting managing director, acting sporting director, unofficial deputy to Raul Jimenez in the striker department and confirmed Banks's drinker

Post Posted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:40 pm 
Manager
Manager

Patricio

Boly
Coady
Saiss

Doc
Neves
Moutinho
Donk
Jonny

Raul
Jota.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:28 pm 
Manager
Manager

Interested to see how this goes, at least it keeps the opposition guessing as to how we line up.

http://www.steadfasttrust.org.uk/

Post Posted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:32 pm 
Manager
Manager

Easy enough 3-0 win after another slow and sluggish start. Jota 2 and Jimi. Nice training session game after Thursday's exertions. Att: 31,407. Coady and Jimi booked. Jonny went off injured after 80 mins.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:40 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Comfortable win against a much lower placed league team - maybe we are learning! - though first 15 minutes we still looked half asleep and more than ready to concede a daft goal - pity Jota couldn't get a 2nd hat trick for the week - when he is playing well, Wolves look good, maybe, more so than any other player. He may not have Adama's speed, but his superior ball control means he can attack a defence non stop and has a much better football brain between his ears that Adama.
After first 15 minutes, everyone looked good - lord knows what team Nuno will play on Thursday - hope all goes well, and we have full squad to pinch 3 points vs Spurs

Post Posted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:59 pm 
Manager
Manager

A job well done.

Aside from the typical very slow opening against a lower-placed team where we lost too many tackles, thereby inviting them to come forward, it was never in real doubt once we scored the opener (this time no VAR cruelty).

I have to say Norwich provided one of the easiest games I can ever recall us having in the PL. The problem of not being good enough but playing a "nice" passing game rather than with any muscle and aggression means you just aren't competitive really. Aside from Krul and their Little Lord Fauntleroy in midfield they are really a Bristol City level side.

They were fortunate that we have the two EL games either side of the match and so spared them by withdrawing our front two and not playing with much tempo. On another day we keep them on and could have scored at least 6.

Introducing Mr Jeff Shi – Executive chairman, board member, acting managing director, acting sporting director, unofficial deputy to Raul Jimenez in the striker department and confirmed Banks's drinker

Last edited by shropswolf on Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:56 pm 
Manager
Manager

A job well done indeed. Nice to see Jota seeming to find his form as Jiminez seems to have lost his. Good to see Traore given a rest. I hope he rests him Thursday too, bring him back for the Spurs match. Boly was imperious in defence. Mouthino and Neves bossed the midfield. Let`s not talk about the first 15 minutes.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:51 pm 
Prediction League Winner 2015/16

Never (needed to get) out of 2nd gear. Sloppy start (as always! No real urgency. Is it 'Nuno's way'? Sit back and have a look at what the opposition offer. Just this time they didn't offer a goal!)

Always looked capable of turning it on if we needed to, but Norwich abject. No fight. No aggression. Nothing. A couple of moments for Patricio to deal with, but....

When we withdrew Jimi and Jota, we looked clueless!! Traore is great at what he does ... but he ain't a CF!! Please Nuno - don't embarrass the lad and ask him to play in a place where he has no idea where to go! Thought Podence might get a go.

Good to see Vinaigre back in contention. He can play Thursday and give the magnificent and largely unsung Jonny a rest.

Bit of a bore-fest to be honest. Hope the Sky highlights can find 25 minutes worth showing! One fabulous save by Krull, and another pretty outstanding too. Kept scoreline vaguely respectable.

Ain't gonna do a 'Just Got Back' as I really just don't feel like celebrating at the end of a really rather dull day! Weather nice though! Quite a few empty seats; was it due to major problem on M6?? Suspect so. Hope no-one on here caught up in it! (My sat-nav wisely steered me from usual route and onto M5 and Bham New Road....)

E Tenebris Oritur Lux - The Power of Positivity

Post Posted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:03 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

SilverstoneWolf wrote:
Never (needed to get) out of 2nd gear. Sloppy start (as always! No real urgency. Is it 'Nuno's way'? Sit back and have a look at what the opposition offer. Just this time they didn't offer a goal!)

Always looked capable of turning it on if we needed to, but Norwich abject. No fight. No aggression. Nothing. A couple of moments for Patricio to deal with, but....

When we withdrew Jimi and Jota, we looked clueless!! Traore is great at what he does ... but he ain't a CF!! Please Nuno - don't embarrass the lad and ask him to play in a place where he has no idea where to go! Thought Podence might get a go.

Good to see Vinaigre back in contention. He can play Thursday and give the magnificent and largely unsung Jonny a rest.

Bit of a bore-fest to be honest. Hope the Sky highlights can find 25 minutes worth showing! One fabulous save by Krull, and another pretty outstanding too. Kept scoreline vaguely respectable.

Ain't gonna do a 'Just Got Back' as I really just don't feel like celebrating at the end of a really rather dull day! Weather nice though! Quite a few empty seats; was it due to major problem on M6?? Suspect so. Hope no-one on here caught up in it! (My sat-nav wisely steered me from usual route and onto M5 and Bham New Road....)

Non game related SW as you have adequately described the event, however, having traversed that bastard road on a thousand occasions backwards and forwards to and from the Cittay at all times of the day and night I have never seen it once in a positive light, in fact, I would rather be dry humped
by the entire inmates of Winson Green than choose the journeys again. :x

Post Posted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:12 am 

Cheers Rozza! It is not my 'highway of choice' - that would have to be the Highway 61 Dylan re-visited - but if I had not availed myself of the delights of the 97 sets of traffic lights on said road, I would have been stuck in the M6 mess around J10 and missed the game!

Initially my SatNav sent me via M40 and M42, then M6... but changed mid-journey to M42 then M5 ... and then warned to get off M5 at J2.... The BNR might be the road from hell, but sometimes beggars cannot be choosers.

E Tenebris Oritur Lux - The Power of Positivity

Post Posted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:44 am 
Manager
Manager

Didn't seem like I was alone in not celebrating the first two, thought VAR would find a handball or offside somewhere.

Started slow but was a very efficient performance, Jota magic delivering again.

http://www.steadfasttrust.org.uk/

Post Posted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:34 pm 
Manager
Manager

In real time with the naked eye without the benefit of Var or play backs I would have sent off Godfrey for that challenge on Jonny.
I thought he had deliberately left one on him and knew full well what he was doing.

Just shows that on review Var can enhance the game in certain situations.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:02 pm 
Manager
Manager

THE BIG BAD WOLF wrote:
Didn't seem like I was alone in not celebrating the first two, thought VAR would find a handball or offside somewhere.

Started slow but was a very efficient performance, Jota magic delivering again.

Same here.
I left feeling quite flat about the game but obviously delighted about the 3 points. I think you’re right, it was my reaction to VAR that did it.

The Liquidator... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m0yny9f0MY&NR=1

Board index » WWFC » Match day stickies