Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » WWFC » Match day stickies

Share On:

Post Posted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:44 am 
Manager
Manager

What a stadium for all concerned though Mourinho seems a busted flush.

It seems a weekend for the underdog, though hopefully not at Wembley.

So that gives shot shy Spurs a chance this afternoon.

Forecast for this one.

Spurs 1 Wolves 2.

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post subject: Re: Spurs vs Wolves
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 11:23 am 
Manager
Manager

Wolves win

Post Posted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:07 pm 
Manager
Manager

Win this and top four is a real possibility.

http://www.steadfasttrust.org.uk/

Post Posted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:31 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

knocker knowles wrote:
What a stadium for all concerned though Mourinho seems a busted flush.

It seems a weekend for the underdog, though hopefully not at Wembley.

So that gives shot shy Spurs a chance this afternoon.

Forecast for this one.

Spurs 1 Wolves 2.

I did the Wembley tour a couple of years ago it was very good indeed. Our guide was a Spurs fan who tended to know lots of stuff about Spurs in particular and London clubs in general.
At the end of the tour I was quite surprised to find not one single photograph or picture amongst the hundreds on show of either Wolves or Billy Wright.
Our guide asked what significance did Wolves have to warrant a picture, I was apoplec, apolply, appopl,.... angry as fuck, and steadfastly reminded him of Wolves being pioneers of European football, the greatest ever England Captain, Floodlit football, League Cup winners, FA Cup winners, League one winners, European Cup finalists (he remembered who won). It went on deaf ears.

Post Posted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 2:00 pm 
Manager
Manager

Patricio

Boly
Coady
Saiss

Doc
Neves
Moutinho
Vinagre

Traore
Jimenez
Jota.

Post Posted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:24 pm 
Manager
Manager

Damn it thought we had got away with that. Very surprised with the line up and to see Traore playing, it hasn't worked.

Post Posted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:32 pm 
Manager
Manager

This team is amazing..

And at Wembley they are playing Hi Ho Silver Lining :lol:

Post Posted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:33 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

That's the way to do it!! Fantastic 3 points. Lucas is a diving bar steward - always feared he was going to be given something damaging, but not to be. Looks like Adama has a shoulder weakness - previously his right, now his left from a nothing challenge - too many weights me thinks!
Jimenez and Jota are immense and with Neto, Adama, Podense as back up, we can keep the pressure up for 90+ minutes.
Now can Utd please fck up to make it perfect!

Post Posted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:34 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

THE BIG BAD WOLF wrote:
Damn it thought we had got away with that. Very surprised with the line up and to see Traore playing, it hasn't worked.

It did.

Post Posted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:40 pm 
Manager
Manager

Adama fouled time and time again. Why does he never get the protection every other damn player in the League gets? Half an hour before kick-off, and two City players have been booked for fouling Grealish already !!!

Post Posted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:52 pm 
Manager
Manager

Super result against a rival for the European places.

The goals were all superbly worked, although I have to say I thought Jose did a good job with organising a weakened starting XI to cause us trouble.

Vinagre was a real weak point in the defensive shape, he remains very naive in his play. On the positive his driving run got us the first goal, not an assist Jonny would have pulled off.

At present we look better without Traore, and surely most defenders must soon realise a slight tug on his arm and his shoulder will go.

A nice week's rest before a real must-win home game to keep our league momentum going.

Introducing Mr Jeff Shi – Executive chairman, board member, acting managing director, acting sporting director, unofficial deputy to Raul Jimenez in the striker department and confirmed Banks's drinker

Post Posted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 6:13 pm 
Manager
Manager

Magnificent, apart from Traore. Spurs are a shadow of the side they were under Poch, with no Kane, Son, Alderweireld, Vertonghen and Eriksson gone as well, so we should be going there with more confidence.

Raul, Doherty and Jota can always be relied to come up with something, well deserved win in the end. Don't want to see Raul wasted having to do Traore's defensive work like he was first half, Jota and Doherty need more opportunity to get in the final third too. We have some quality players, they need to be enabled to play to their best abilities.

Post Posted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 6:50 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

shropswolf wrote:
At present we look better without Traore, and surely most defenders must soon realise a slight tug on his arm and his shoulder will go.

I get what you are saying, particularly Jota and Jiminez working closer together but Traore is still frightening defences and creating a lot of dangerous situations some of which lead to goals. Today I feel that he was largely responsible for our second goal, he scored in the second leg against Espanol and his work led to the first 2 goals in the first leg. I don't think it is a straight forward choice for Nuno.

Post Posted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 6:53 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

THE BIG BAD WOLF wrote:
Magnificent, apart from Traore. Spurs are a shadow of the side they were under Poch, with no Kane, Son, Alderweireld, Vertonghen and Eriksson gone as well, so we should be going there with more confidence.

Raul, Doherty and Jota can always be relied to come up with something, well deserved win in the end. Don't want to see Raul wasted having to do Traore's defensive work like he was first half, Jota and Doherty need more opportunity to get in the final third too. We have some quality players, they need to be enabled to play to their best abilities.

You will of course expect me to disagree with most of that - and I do. I still think that Traore gives us added value and has been responsible for a large part of our attacking threat this season.

Post Posted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 6:56 pm 
Manager
Manager

Left back wrote:
shropswolf wrote:

I get what you are saying, particularly Jota and Jiminez working closer together but Traore is still frightening defences and creating a lot of dangerous situations some of which lead to goals. Today I feel that he was largely responsible for our second goal, he scored in the second leg against Espanol and his work led to the first 2 goals in the first leg. I don't think it is a straight forward choice for Nuno.

What you say is true, LB. However, despite his strength and speed which contribute largely to his strength, he can be frustrating with his seemingly aimless passes and his not well aimed shots. He got off to a poor start, imho, given that I was sat amongst their fans alongside the goal we were attacking in the first half.

It was a scrappy game by both sides although we got better in the second half but fortunately they didn’t.

The Liquidator... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m0yny9f0MY&NR=1

Post Posted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:01 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

SELWolf wrote:
Left back wrote:

What you say is true, LB. However, despite his strength and speed which contribute largely to his strength, he can be frustrating with his seemingly aimless passes and his not well aimed shots. He got off to a poor start, imho, given that I was sat amongst their fans alongside the goal we were attacking in the first half.

It was a scrappy game by both sides although we got better in the second half but fortunately they didn’t.

I don't deny that his positional and off the ball work can be a problem but I feel he gets a bad press from some on here and I don't think he deserves that for his overall contribution to the season.

Post Posted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:02 pm 
Manager
Manager

Another amazing comeback after being behind twice. Just when we thought that the return of Boly had stiffened up our defence, the last two games proved otherwise. But, a win is a win and we just keep digging deep and producing. Hats off to Nuno and the team.

Post Posted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:35 pm 
Manager
Manager

I had a big downer on Traore initially but I now recognise his contribution to the team. I do think that the Doc plays with more freedom with Traore out of the team and think Traore would be better utilised as an impact sub. Excellent result today, what a team we have.

Post Posted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 11:11 pm 
Wolves Academy
Wolves Academy

You could almost say we have a plan A and B now with Traore in or out of the team. He gives us different options. What a great problem it is to have too.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 2:19 am 
Manager
Manager

6th place. We were shafted by VAR in the Everton Manure match. We don't even have to be playing for VAR to shaft us these days. Great win though. Lets hope this form continues over the next four matches and we should really put pressure on Chelsea and the sides around us.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:44 am 
Manager
Manager

It's the sheer fear Traore puts into the opposition that's the key. Some teams are working out that as they simply can't stop him, a different strategy is needed rather than putting three men on him that creates space for the rest of the team. Some teams. When it's every team, we may well need to think again. Not there yet.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:14 pm 
Manager
Manager

The Club deserve a lot of credit for signing young players then accepting individual form can fluctuate.

No rash decisions regards selection after three or so games helps each player find and hold their confidence.

This obviously breeds huge respect and belief in each other.

Wolves seem to have a template that enables continual improvement.

In Nuno they trust, he has their back.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:36 pm 
Manager
Manager

suiging wrote:
It's the sheer fear Traore puts into the opposition that's the key. Some teams are working out that as they simply can't stop him, a different strategy is needed rather than putting three men on him that creates space for the rest of the team. Some teams. When it's every team, we may well need to think again. Not there yet.

They crock him and yank his shoulder in the process. If they can’t do that they get him to fall onto his vulnerable shoulder.

Mourinho said they were too soft yesterday. That’s bullshit because they went in hard.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:38 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Couple of observations.....

We don't score the second goal without Traore's strength and perseverance.

Big Wily had a shocker and we still won.

Turn and run by Jota for 3rd was fantastic, as was Jimmi 's finish.

So proud of this team. :smt054 :smt054

Post Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:39 pm 
Manager
Manager

Left back wrote:
SELWolf wrote:
Left back wrote:

I don't deny that his positional and off the ball work can be a problem but I feel he gets a bad press from some on here and I don't think he deserves that for his overall contribution to the season.

He doesn’t deserve any undue criticism. He’s one of the players of the season so far. It was just yesterday that I thought he looked under par at first but he showed his mettle later contributing to the second goal.

Board index » WWFC » Match day stickies