Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » MEMBERS LOUNGE » Help and advice

Share On:

Post subject: External SD card problem
 Post Posted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 2:42 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Right, i'm away on my jollies next week, and i wanted to update my micro sd card (class 10 64gb) with a few films, so i can throw it into my tablet to watch films on the plane etc.

Already have a few films on there (all mp4 files, as i know they work on the tablet), came to put some more onto the micro sd card, so i put it into the adapter and into the laptop. Drag and drop a film over, and it doesnt work for some reason.

Whats massively baffling me is that it isnt even as though it doesnt only not work in the tablet when i put the sd back in there, but also the files dont work on the laptop?

If for example i bring up 2 folders on the laptop, one of the destination of the film on here e.g 'My Downloads', and the other being the folder of the sd card, i can transfer the file over from My Downloads to sd card and the file physically goes over, but doesnt have the little 'preview image' of the film e.g the Warner Bros sign on the folder of the sd card, just a DivX logo, whereas exactly the same file - that i've just copied over from My Downloads shows the preview image of Warner Bros. And, now even though it is exactly the same file, if i click play on the original one in My Downloads it plays clear as a bell, if i try to play the same file from sd card folder DivX loads, but then an error with 'Player does not recognize this container format', shows up.

Please help, as its really bugging me now.

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post Posted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:46 am 
Wolves Reserve
Wolves Reserve

Convert it to mp4 if they play on your tablet or install summat like VCL player that'll play any format file.

Or have I read that wrong? :lol:

Post Posted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:48 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

They're already mp4 before i transfer them, and they work before transfering - but not afterwards. Which i cant get my head round.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:08 am 
Manager
Manager

have you got a different SD card reader?

it may be faulty.

are you using windows explorer to drag and drop?

www.vwcaddy.com

Post Posted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 3:11 pm 
Wolves Reserve
Wolves Reserve

Why is it showing a Divx symbol then ..? :? Codec issue maybe?

Post Posted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:09 am 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

whelp wrote:
have you got a different SD card reader?

it may be faulty.

are you using windows explorer to drag and drop?

Doesnt seem to be the card reader. And yeah, just the usual windows folders to drag and drop between.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:11 am 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

DazDC5 wrote:
Why is it showing a Divx symbol then ..? :? Codec issue maybe?

Thats my initial thinking, but i dont understand why 2 exactly the same files - 1 in the My downloads folder, 1 in the SD Card folder (the latter one that i've just dragged from my downloads). i can double click the movie in my downloads - and it'll play. Yet the one in the sd card folder just wont, comes up with an error on divx, which if i follow just wants me to download the latest version of divx.. which i already have.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:52 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Must have been the MicroSD card, didnt pay much for it over a year back when i bought it, typical ebay unbranded rubbish i suppose. Grabbed me a new Samsung one, seems to be working sound now.

Cheers anyroad :smt023

Board index » MEMBERS LOUNGE » Help and advice