Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » MEMBERS LOUNGE » Help and advice

Share On:

Post subject: Ryanair
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:59 am 
Manager
Manager

Hi Guys, wondering if I could get your advice on Ryanair and hand luggage

Due to my son and girlfriend contacting chicken pox a few weeks ago we had to cancel our holiday. We are looking to re-book in September but we haven't got the flexibility we had before. We are looking at flying out from brum but the only avalible flight on our day is with Ryanair. I have never flown with them before and just wanted some advice before anything gets booked.

When I have flown with other airlines I always take a "man bag" with me. Normally has all the paperwork/passports etc as I have a little one this year my plan was to take my ipad for him to watch. Can you take a normal bag on board with Ryanair? I have seen that if you pay you can take cabin luggage of upto 10kg on board plus an extra bag smaller. But we wont be taking cabin luggage on board so can I still take a smaller bag?

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post subject: Re: Ryanair
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:37 pm 
Wolves Reserve
Wolves Reserve

Simple answer is look at the Ryan Air website for the most up to date Q&As otherwise you run the risk of anecdotal evidence.

I do that Ryanair allow 2 x cabin bags so long as < 10kg and certain dimension's.

Follow what they say about printing boarding passes etc, you'll be fine.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:05 pm 
Manager
Manager

Gen Wolf wrote:
Simple answer is look at the Ryan Air website for the most up to date Q&As otherwise you run the risk of anecdotal evidence.

I do that Ryanair allow 2 x cabin bags so long as < 10kg and certain dimension's.

Follow what they say about printing boarding passes etc, you'll be fine.

Ar, roger that.

We went with them last year from Brum, and are doing likewise this year. To be fair, you just need to check the dimensions of those little trolley cases, that you can take on board. As long as it slots in to the metal thingy by the departure gate, you'll be fine. Fook know how people cram two weeks worth of clobber in there mind! We pay for two cases to go in the hold, but then we have two kids.

On the plus side, last year, the plane was ready and waiting, there and back, and bang on time, for both flights, although this young chap sat by us, chucked his guts, and sprayed this woman's bag behind us, which caused a bit of an incident :lol:

Remember: make sure that you check-in, on-line, 7 days before flying, and print off the boarding passes.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:55 pm 
Bus Rider
Bus Rider

Ryanair are fantastic if you use it as it is- a glorified flying bus.
you don't pay any extra for the 10 kilo case that you carry on board,you can now take a little handbag with you too just make sure the case is within the dimensions shown (55x40x20 inches).good thing is they don't weigh these bags as we have been known to cram up to 18 kilo into ours.
online check in is open from 14 days before you fly,make sure you use it and print off the boarding passes as it will cost you £40 each to get these at the airport.
pay the extra for priority boarding or reserved seating otherwise you could end up all split up and sat with anyone.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:55 am 
Manager
Manager

Cheers Guys

Took on board everything that's been said.

I think once we have flown with them then I will understand it all, just never done so before.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:57 am 
Manager
Manager

Actually just thought.

At brum airport where is the hold luggage drop off point?

Post Posted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:10 am 
Bus Rider
Bus Rider

Go through the entrance and turn left,it's right down the end.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:49 am 
Manager
Manager

brian laws bus ride wrote:
Go through the entrance and turn left,it's right down the end.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:53 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Aulty87 wrote:
Cheers Guys

Took on board everything that's been said.

I think once we have flown with them then I will understand it all, just never done so before.

Blimey, didn't they charge you extra for that? :lol:

Post Posted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:05 pm 
Manager
Manager

:lol:

Three or four? | Pub team selection explained | Puns | Keep Calm | More

Post Posted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:54 pm 
Manager
Manager

Last night, or should I say, just after midnight, I checked in our flights, as it was now 7 days before we depart, and therefore, no additional charge. Outward flight, sorted. Then, inward flight, sorry pal, you can't do this until 7 days before the flight. Now, the sly bastards (or bastard, in Michael Ryan) didn't do this last year (started in April apparently). So, to ensure we're sorted and the four of us are sat together, I checked in the return flight, last night, at the cost of a further 40 euros. What a cu*ts trick :x

Post Posted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:04 pm 
Wolves Reserve
Wolves Reserve

Embers wrote:
Last night, or should I say, just after midnight, I checked in our flights, as it was now 7 days before we depart, and therefore, no additional charge. Outward flight, sorted. Then, inward flight, sorry pal, you can't do this until 7 days before the flight. Now, the sly bastards (or bastard, in Michael Ryan) didn't do this last year (started in April apparently). So, to ensure we're sorted and the four of us are sat together, I checked in the return flight, last night, at the cost of a further 40 euros. What a cu*ts trick :x

Find a source of internet whilst you're away and check in 7 days prior to departing your holiday resort. The seating algorithm will always allocate a minor or minors with the responsible adult / adults. Save your spondoolicks.

Worst case scenario, your Mrs is sat with the kids .........your seating arrangements are..... with the a) Mrs & kids b) next to some bird who wants to join the mile high club c) next to some fat smelly fudgepacker who wants to join the pig sty high club....either way you keep the €40. Never had a problem and believe me we've flown the worlds least popular airline fuckin loads of times..

Post Posted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:01 pm 
Manager
Manager

Gen Wolf wrote:
Embers wrote:

Find a source of internet whilst you're away and check in 7 days prior to departing your holiday resort. The seating algorithm will always allocate a minor or minors with the responsible adult / adults. Save your spondoolicks.

Worst case scenario, your Mrs is sat with the kids .........your seating arrangements are..... with the a) Mrs & kids b) next to some bird who wants to join the mile high club c) next to some fat smelly fudgepacker who wants to join the pig sty high club....either way you keep the €40. Never had a problem and believe me we've flown the worlds least popular airline fuckin loads of times..

Gen, am yow still gooin on them 18-30 gigs? To be fair, this sly surcharge was my only gripe, and next time, I will do the return check-in, whilst we're away. I could have done it, just after midnight, the morning we flew out, but I wanted my bed before an early rise.

As with last year, both flights left on time, and arrived early, and the resort was only 30 minutes in the taxi, what with Ibiza being a small island.

Board index » MEMBERS LOUNGE » Help and advice