Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » MEMBERS LOUNGE » Help and advice

Share On:

Post subject: Parking charge
 Post Posted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:07 pm 
Manager
Manager

Hi guys.

Went to merry hill today and as it was busy parked in the first available space. It was on the end of the row with about 1m on the other side of the line before the curb. Space for a motorbike but no way would a car fit in the gap. On the other side was a big 4x4 that had parked over the line. Because we have a little one and it was the last space i did park over the line just so we had that space between the cars. When we came back we had a penalty charge notice but by this time the 4x4 had long gone so got no evidence. Just seeing your advice. Reading on other internet forums they are saying to ignore it as its a charge and not a fine. If you try and contest it they always say your request has been rejected. Its annoying as it was the last space so i wasnt blocking another car from parking and you only have to look inside car that we have a kid. But i only parked like i did because the car beside me was already over the line.

Ste

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post subject: Re: Parking charge
 Post Posted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:09 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Which company issued the fine? Ignore it, it can't be enforced.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:18 pm 
Manager
Manager

UKPC, dont get me wrong if i felt like i was in the wrong i would have paid it as soon as i got home. Just feel aggrieved by it all

Post Posted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:11 am 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

I received a PCN in Lincolnshire in May. I challenged it as the sign which gave the parking restrictions had been defaced. Lincolnshire council rejected my appeal, and the charge was doubled to £70. I then appealed to the independent panel and provided photographic evidence. Lincolnshire council said that due to a temporary fault with their system, they had no photographic evidence, but accepted the word of their traffic warden. The PCN was dismissed, and Lincolnshire County Council were advised to make sure that any parking restrictions were clearly visible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trRKBAmir50

Post Posted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:16 pm 
Bus Rider
Bus Rider

the parking company is not a council parking company,ie its only a charge not an enforceable fine.
ive personally been done 3 times and the last time I gave the ticket back to the turd on the golf cart and told him to get a proper job.never pay these as they are just making money out of the uninformed.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:15 am 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

The company I work for received several of these a couple of years ago when we were working at a retail park and the fact we were working for the owners of the retail park made no difference. We used to get 2 or 3 demands for payment, 2 or 3 threats of court action, then 1 or 2 'last chance to pay or else' demands. We even had a letter offering fixed or reduced cost legal assistance for when we ended up in court. They try and intimidate people into paying what is little more than an invoice because, if it did get to court, they would have to justify their outrageous charges. Needless to say we just ignored them and nothing further ever happened. However, I think there have been changes recently and ignoring them is not always the best advice so you may want to have a read of the following (which is very comprehensive and will take a while):

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/sho ... ?t=4816822

Post Posted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 3:44 pm 
Manager
Manager

Personally, I would write to the Merry Hill Management Company and explain everything you wrote in your Opening Post. Tell them how you have suffered stress from the actions of the meter maids and how your family's shopping experience was ruined; you might get an apology or something for your kid(s).

For the cost of a stamp and 20 minutes typing a letter it is worth the effort in my opinion.

Mark Twain

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl3PabIYDTl_WqVc4Aitv_g

https://twitter.com/wolf_moscow

Post Posted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 4:19 pm 
Manager
Manager

Ended up paying the fine! Really annoyed with it all. The attendant took all pics of car and was all on there website. The pics was took in a way that made it out worse than what it was. And the previous car was long gone

Post Posted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 6:46 pm 
Manager
Manager

Aulty87 wrote:
Ended up paying the fine! Really annoyed with it all. The attendant took all pics of car and was all on there website. The pics was took in a way that made it out worse than what it was. And the previous car was long gone

Why did you decide to pay the fine when folk on here said that they couldn't enforce it?

Mark Twain

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl3PabIYDTl_WqVc4Aitv_g

https://twitter.com/wolf_moscow

Board index » MEMBERS LOUNGE » Help and advice