Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » MEMBERS LOUNGE » Help and advice

Share On:

Post subject: It Only Get's Worse
 Post Posted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:25 am 
Manager
Manager

Posted a beautiful song for a dear friend of mine who's husband's done a runner. Then today, a young lady who currently works for me came in with the saddest thing I've heard for some time.

My son is mentally and physically handicapped. This young lady told me last week that her first child had been diagnosed with autism. This devastated her family, and I tried my best to put a positive spin in it through my personal experiences. Well bugger me, her husband became so distraught with the news that he has just dropped dead from a stress related heart attack aged 40 odd.

There is very little, if any care here for the bereaved. The girl and her son will be evicted from their Government owned flat within two months. She will go on the list for public housing. She is a religious girl who asked me if she thought her husband was with "her Jesus". I simply didn't know what to say, but was shocked when she said she would see them both soon. I have her in virtual captivity on suicide watch.

Keep your love one's close. disasters, and tragedy can strike at any time, devastating, no other word.

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post subject: Re: It Only Get's Worse
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:04 pm 
Most Successful Thrush Thrasher

Hopefully she'll find strength from somewhere....

And that sounds a bit 'sugary' or flippant...but what else can you say sometimes?

Post Posted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:00 pm 
Manager
Manager

Sounds pretty desperate Mr suiging,hope your personal experience was of some help to her.Best of luck to you all.

Post Posted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:59 pm 
Manager
Manager

Being brought up with a dose of The Sweeny, I thought this coppering lark would be all about beer, birds and running around shooting at things. Sad reality the majority of the time it's about dealing with tragedy.

I think that explains the drink.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:42 pm 
Manager
Manager

suiging wrote:
Being brought up with a dose of The Sweeny, I thought this coppering lark would be all about beer, birds and running around shooting at things. Sad reality the majority of the time it's about dealing with tragedy.

I think that explains the drink.

Maybe if the poor bloke had a taken a good drink, and tried to calm down a bit. The woefully managed project I've been working on, the last three years, goes LIVE at midnight (no joke), and tomorrow morning I could enter an office shit storm, with more days of shit to come. However, tis nought in comparison.

Post Posted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:28 pm 
Manager
Manager

It is a sad story, but what is so dreadful about autism. I don't get that part at all.

I'm assuming the lass is Chinese?

Mark Twain

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl3PabIYDTl_WqVc4Aitv_g

https://twitter.com/wolf_moscow

Post Posted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:44 pm 
Manager
Manager

Moscow Wolf wrote:
It is a sad story, but what is so dreadful about autism. I don't get that part at all.

Cultural (Chinese)
First son a big thing. He would never have denied his son, but stress caused by the circumstance at levels we can only guess at.
The lady is being taken "hill walking" every day by a succession of good folk in the office.
Can't beat fresh air and exercise to take your mind off stuff.

Post Posted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:51 pm 
Manager
Manager

suiging wrote:
Moscow Wolf wrote:

Cultural (Chinese)
First son a big thing. He would never have denied his son, but stress caused by the circumstance at levels we can only guess at.
The lady is being taken "hill walking" every day by a succession of good folk in the office.

Don't forget, there is plenty of good "hill walking" near you're new abode, if old Blighty gets you down.

Post Posted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 4:01 pm 
Manager
Manager

Embers wrote:
suiging wrote:
Moscow Wolf wrote:

Cultural (Chinese)

Don't forget, there is plenty of good "hill walking" near you're new abode, if old Blighty gets you down.

Aye and real ale to wet the old whistle after a stroll :D

Board index » MEMBERS LOUNGE » Help and advice