Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » MEMBERS LOUNGE » Help and advice




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 

Share On:

Author Message
 Post subject: It Only Get's Worse
 Post Posted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:25 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:38 am
Posts: 15702
Location: Moved
Posted a beautiful song for a dear friend of mine who's husband's done a runner. Then today, a young lady who currently works for me came in with the saddest thing I've heard for some time.

My son is mentally and physically handicapped. This young lady told me last week that her first child had been diagnosed with autism. This devastated her family, and I tried my best to put a positive spin in it through my personal experiences. Well bugger me, her husband became so distraught with the news that he has just dropped dead from a stress related heart attack aged 40 odd.

There is very little, if any care here for the bereaved. The girl and her son will be evicted from their Government owned flat within two months. She will go on the list for public housing. She is a religious girl who asked me if she thought her husband was with "her Jesus". I simply didn't know what to say, but was shocked when she said she would see them both soon. I have her in virtual captivity on suicide watch.

Keep your love one's close. disasters, and tragedy can strike at any time, devastating, no other word.

_________________
Dyslexics are teople poo


Top 
 Profile  
 
Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post subject: Re: It Only Get's Worse
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:04 pm 
Offline
Most Successful Thrush Thrasher
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 12:08 pm
Posts: 5380
Location: In the cuntry
Hopefully she'll find strength from somewhere....

And that sounds a bit 'sugary' or flippant...but what else can you say sometimes?


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: It Only Get's Worse
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:00 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:08 pm
Posts: 4645
Location: lucca
Sounds pretty desperate Mr suiging,hope your personal experience was of some help to her.Best of luck to you all.

_________________
'They heard me singing and they told me to stop.Quit these pretentious things and just punch the clock'


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: It Only Get's Worse
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:59 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:38 am
Posts: 15702
Location: Moved
Being brought up with a dose of The Sweeny, I thought this coppering lark would be all about beer, birds and running around shooting at things. Sad reality the majority of the time it's about dealing with tragedy.

I think that explains the drink.

_________________
Dyslexics are teople poo


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: It Only Get's Worse
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:42 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:59 pm
Posts: 18971
Location: WV4 and WL4
suiging wrote:
Being brought up with a dose of The Sweeny, I thought this coppering lark would be all about beer, birds and running around shooting at things. Sad reality the majority of the time it's about dealing with tragedy.

I think that explains the drink.


Maybe if the poor bloke had a taken a good drink, and tried to calm down a bit. The woefully managed project I've been working on, the last three years, goes LIVE at midnight (no joke), and tomorrow morning I could enter an office shit storm, with more days of shit to come. However, tis nought in comparison.

_________________
Thank you very much for Stevie Bull. Thank you very much, thank you very, very, very much.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: It Only Get's Worse
 Post Posted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:28 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2004 1:26 am
Posts: 23348
Location: South East Bulgaria
It is a sad story, but what is so dreadful about autism. I don't get that part at all.

I'm assuming the lass is Chinese?

_________________
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Mark Twain


https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl3PabIYDTl_WqVc4Aitv_g

https://twitter.com/wolf_moscow


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: It Only Get's Worse
 Post Posted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:44 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:38 am
Posts: 15702
Location: Moved
Moscow Wolf wrote:
It is a sad story, but what is so dreadful about autism. I don't get that part at all.

I'm assuming the lass is Chinese?


Cultural (Chinese)
First son a big thing. He would never have denied his son, but stress caused by the circumstance at levels we can only guess at.
The lady is being taken "hill walking" every day by a succession of good folk in the office.
Can't beat fresh air and exercise to take your mind off stuff.

_________________
Dyslexics are teople poo


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: It Only Get's Worse
 Post Posted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:51 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:59 pm
Posts: 18971
Location: WV4 and WL4
suiging wrote:
Moscow Wolf wrote:
It is a sad story, but what is so dreadful about autism. I don't get that part at all.

I'm assuming the lass is Chinese?


Cultural (Chinese)
First son a big thing. He would never have denied his son, but stress caused by the circumstance at levels we can only guess at.
The lady is being taken "hill walking" every day by a succession of good folk in the office.
Can't beat fresh air and exercise to take your mind off stuff.


Don't forget, there is plenty of good "hill walking" near you're new abode, if old Blighty gets you down.

_________________
Thank you very much for Stevie Bull. Thank you very much, thank you very, very, very much.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: It Only Get's Worse
 Post Posted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 4:01 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:38 am
Posts: 15702
Location: Moved
Embers wrote:
suiging wrote:
Moscow Wolf wrote:
It is a sad story, but what is so dreadful about autism. I don't get that part at all.

I'm assuming the lass is Chinese?


Cultural (Chinese)
First son a big thing. He would never have denied his son, but stress caused by the circumstance at levels we can only guess at.
The lady is being taken "hill walking" every day by a succession of good folk in the office.
Can't beat fresh air and exercise to take your mind off stuff.


Don't forget, there is plenty of good "hill walking" near you're new abode, if old Blighty gets you down.


Aye and real ale to wet the old whistle after a stroll :D

_________________
Dyslexics are teople poo


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 

Board index » MEMBERS LOUNGE » Help and advice


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

 
 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

The Wolf will always be free to its members, but if you feel you would like to contribute towards the running costs, than please feel free to donate.

 

 

Disclaimer : This forum is for the general discussion/topic of Wolverhampton Wanderers. What is said within the forum is personal opinions, and The Wolf will not be held responsible. Your ip is logged for security reasons. The forum is viewable by the public and any topics you disclose/discuss can be viewed by the public. Some topics on this forum may only be suitable for those aged 18+.