Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » Music, Movies, TV, Gaming and Literature

Share On:

Post subject: Three Girls
 Post Posted: Thu May 18, 2017 10:25 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

BBC at its best. Outstanding acting covering sensitive issues. Refreshingly, not necessarily devoting their product to the usual bollocks concerning diversity and not wishing on offending anybody at all.

Made me cry.

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post subject: Re: Three Girls
 Post Posted: Fri May 19, 2017 8:19 am 
Manager
Manager

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... g-13027067

Post Posted: Fri May 19, 2017 9:09 am 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

kenbarlowsslippers wrote:
http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/margaret-oliver-rochdale-police-grooming-13027067

Lots of people to "blame" ken, lots of people who simply thought it was too difficult to pursue, lots of people who could have diverted resources into the matters but decided not to, only they will know the real reasons why.
Our Criminal Justice System is far too rigid to encompass witnesses and victims such as these children, and to some extent they themselves chose not to disclose what happened to them.

I myself firmly believe that the decision not to actively and robustly pursue these paedophiles, because that is what they are, not were, was mainly down to senior officers not wishing to confront the accusations made regarding their ethnicity and religion due to perceived damage to their own careers/ organisation.

Post Posted: Fri May 19, 2017 2:11 pm 
Manager
Manager

Rozza wrote:
kenbarlowsslippers wrote:
http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/margaret-oliver-rochdale-police-grooming-13027067

Lots of people to "blame" ken, lots of people who simply thought it was too difficult to pursue, lots of people who could have diverted resources into the matters but decided not to, only they will know the real reasons why.
Our Criminal Justice System is far too rigid to encompass witnesses and victims such as these children, and to some extent they themselves chose not to disclose what happened to them.

I myself firmly believe that the decision not to actively and robustly pursue these paedophiles, because that is what they are, not were, was mainly down to senior officers not wishing to confront the accusations made regarding their ethnicity and religion due to perceived damage to their own careers/ organisation.

It was obviously a call made about race but as she points out i too think it came from high up in government.It isn't the only place either i reckon.

Post Posted: Fri May 19, 2017 3:16 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

ken, decisions made in such matters are never recorded as being made from upwards down. Advice, for want of a better word, is given from above to those persons who are tasked with making such decisions in the first place. No audit trail is then established leaving those above the decision makers as entirely blameless.

I could recite an example of such matters regarding the timidity and downright avoidance of senior officers statutory duty in Wellington in Shropshire back in the day, where the perceived impact of community unrest within the local Muslim community led to a senior officer ignoring his lawful obligations under PACE and ordering the freeing of a suspect that was quite properly and lawfully arrested without the investigation being anywhere near completion.

The Police in general, and ambitious senior officers in particular, avoid ANY contact that is perceived as anti Islam.

Post Posted: Fri May 19, 2017 3:45 pm 
Manager
Manager

Every year it's a repeat of the previous years headlines and promises to make sure it won't happen again,lessons learned etc etc
From abuse of the elderly in care homes,idiots with devil dogs to name but two.what's the answer,i'm stumped.

Post Posted: Sat May 20, 2017 8:19 am 
Manager
Manager

Rozza wrote:
ken, decisions made in such matters are never recorded as being made from upwards down. Advice, for want of a better word, is given from above to those persons who are tasked with making such decisions in the first place. No audit trail is then established leaving those above the decision makers as entirely blameless.

I could recite an example of such matters regarding the timidity and downright avoidance of senior officers statutory duty in Wellington in Shropshire back in the day, where the perceived impact of community unrest within the local Muslim community led to a senior officer ignoring his lawful obligations under PACE and ordering the freeing of a suspect that was quite properly and lawfully arrested without the investigation being anywhere near completion.

The Police in general, and ambitious senior officers in particular, avoid ANY contact that is perceived as anti Islam.

Thanks for that.

Its as though you require an independent police force to go out and sort these matters, a bit like Elliot Ness, untouchables.

Because when alls said and done THE LAWS THE LAW.

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » Music, Movies, TV, Gaming and Literature