Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » Music, Movies, TV, Gaming and Literature

Share On:

Post subject: Da da da da dada da.
 Post Posted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:36 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Check out the audience for Strictly on Saturday because arm gooin ay it.Mrs R is a great fan of it but the tickets came in my name so she is tugging hubby along on a penalty of death, starvation,solitude or a mixture of all three.

I myself can think of a few attractions............ :smt061

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post subject: Re: Da da da da dada da.
 Post Posted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:39 am 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Rozza wrote:
Check out the audience for Strictly on Saturday because arm gooin ay it.Mrs R is a great fan of it but the tickets came in my name so she is tugging hubby along on a penalty of death, starvation,solitude or a mixture of all three.

You'll have to get there early to get a decent seat! Enjoy [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY] Some people camp outside over night. Crazy.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Post Posted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:19 am 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Cally wrote:
Rozza wrote:

You'll have to get there early to get a decent seat! Enjoy [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY] Some people camp outside over night. Crazy.

I know mate, its madness. We wont be looking at front row seats, we will go down and get in the queue to validate our tickets at about 9.30 am and come back at around 4pm to get in.
Its odd really because several million people apply for these free tickets and never get a sniff, these are the second set that I have "won"?
If it go's tits up we will just bimble into London and spend the day with our daughter or on the piss, win win.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:39 am 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Rozza wrote:
Cally wrote:
Rozza wrote:

I know mate, its madness. We wont be looking at front row seats, we will go down and get in the queue to validate our tickets at about 9.30 am and come back at around 4pm to get in.
Its odd really because several million people apply for these free tickets and never get a sniff, these are the second set that I have "won"?
If it go's tits up we will just bimble into London and spend the day with our daughter or on the piss, win win.
I used to apply every year, but I didn't like the sound of the queing up or long day so decided against it in future, not that I ever stood a chance!

Post Posted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:27 pm 
Manager
Manager

I just love the way you have gilded the Lilly . The phrase "He protesteth too much " comes to mind.....

Post Posted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:16 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

suiging wrote:
I just love the way you have gilded the Lilly . The phrase "He protesteth too much " comes to mind.....

Cant see the protests anywhere old bean?

Post Posted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:23 pm 
Manager
Manager

Have a great night, its one of the few shows I watch on English television.

The ability to develop individual technique and then hold it together under pressure.

Never be surprised when Conservatives put Profit before People.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:10 pm 
Manager
Manager

Rozza wrote:
suiging wrote:

It's my wife I tell thee !!!

Post Posted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:47 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

suiging wrote:
Rozza wrote:
suiging wrote:

It's my wife I tell thee !!!

Come to think of it now, the last time I was in BBC studio's I retained a few 'souvenirs' most of which I drank or ate, but one thing I kept I eventually gave to you, do you still have it?

Post Posted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:57 am 
Manager
Manager

Pride of place in my Dad's home just up from the pub. It's the gift that keeps giving. Somehow always full of coffee every time I go.......

Post Posted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:22 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Just got back from a long but rewarding freezing bloody cold day. We turned up at Elstree Studios at the Maxwell Road entrance expecting to find hundreds of freezing folk clutching tickets to find only three stewards there. Parked up at the Civic Centre £5 all day, not bad.
They politely validated our tickets and instructed us to come back after 4.15 for entry with the rest, our tickets were in the early 400's, single figure ticket numbers had been validate at 00.15am that day, daft bastards.
A short walk into Boreham Wood high st for a simple breakfast and unlimited tay in 'Spoons', very welcome.
Tim Wetherspoon really hit the jackpot with his pub chain once he packed the boxing in :) .
Drove 4 miles to our hotel which was B+B for £65, not bad too.
Got to the BBC studio gates at around 4.10 to find a reasonably large queue being ushered into a big marquee, LOADS of spangly dressed women and a few soberly dressed blokes all enjoying themselves, but not too much at £15 for two glasses of Prosseco, NO RED WINE :twisted: .

Got to our seats at around 5.10 expecting the worst only to be seated in a little balcony underneath the stairs where the dancers run up after they have finished. They were level with the judges seats at about twenty feet to their right, BRILLIANT view because all the stars and pro's had to walk directly in front of us to get on the floor. Ironically our seats were six feet back from where the DB's seats were that queued up some 17 hours earlier.

We sat down at 5.10 and left at 10.40, bloody long night clapping and whooping like a demented American golf spectator. I know who go's out tonight because they record both programmes back to back. I have already tried to get a bet on to no avail :lol: .

we had a VERY big surprise as we were expecting Kelly Clarkson to sing live, but we were informed that she had pre-recorded her song on tonight's show some weeks previously.

Who's doing the song tonight then we asked, Ed Sheeran is we were told, Ed Fookin Sheeran !!. Right on cue at around 6pm he walked on with his little crew of musicians and sang perfect, the song I mean. It wor perfect because Pacha and Karen messed up dancing with him so they had to set the shoot up again.
Fair play to Mr Sheeran he then sang The Shape Of You impromptu. That was brilliant and had all the pro dancers out in front of us recording him on their phones.
He then sang Perfect again, flawlessly this time, then knobbed off six feet away from me. It was ironic because me and Mrs R had tried to buy tickets unsuccessfully for his shows and there he was right in front of us.

The dancing began and was enthralling, some very very good, and some not so. The camera men in front of us kept booing everything Craig said like little schoolboys, I pissed myself laughing as they booed then started giggling at his comments. Darcy got racked off with it in the end and told us to stop booing him :lol: .

Observations of a great day.

1) Darcy is made of Alluminium as her arse defies the laws of gravity as her waist is too thin to support it.She arrived in a dress even more expensive than the ones she wore in the show.

2) Craig is a tall, thin gangly starfish of a bloke not the least bit frightening.

3) Gemma Atkinson made my mercury rise, she is gorgeous :mrgreen:

4) The overriding impression I got from the whole Strictly experience is one where all the participants in it are members of a close knit family from star to stage hand to shithouse cleaner, a very touchy feely smiley band of employees and celestial beings, a credit to the Beeb.

One day I will tell you about Rozza and how he saved the show by finding and giving back Aliaz's pyjama top, the show must go on :lol:

Do it if you ever get the chance.

PS, BIG public shock in store for at least 50% of the bottom two tonight!!!!!

Post Posted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:05 pm 
Manager
Manager

Thanks for the insight Rozza, I`ve been trying for tickets... for Mrs desi of course...cough cough. No luck so far.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:15 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

desiwulf wrote:
Thanks for the insight Rozza, I`ve been trying for tickets... for Mrs desi of course...cough cough. No luck so far.

I am sure Mrs desi will appreciate the wall to wall fan, erm, fantasy, yes thats it, every bit as much as I did :lol:

Post Posted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:39 am 
Manager
Manager

Cheers Roz, good insight.

Never be surprised when Conservatives put Profit before People.

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » Music, Movies, TV, Gaming and Literature