Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » Music, Movies, TV, Gaming and Literature

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 350 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Share On:

Post subject: Re: Game of Thrones
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:46 pm 
Manager
Manager

Anyway when I decided revisiting my seven year old self with the very childish G O T was not on, I found the very authentic very adult CHANCE starring Hugh Laurie good viewing.

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post Posted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:30 am 
First XI
First XI

knocker knowles wrote:
I was looking online for new tv series late sunday night when I came across this rubbish.

Well I thought best give it another go, the crowd has gathered and speak highly of it.

First five minutes, very predictable, well the episode I was watching was.

Some joker had gathered his folk, and was offering them a round of drinks, now every fucker knows he is going to poison them right. gullible or what.

Then some childish philosophy again predictable when another bloke gain allegiance from two families that had previously fought against him. fucking yawn, cut their friggin throats man.

Cut to white winter scene, good for computer generated technology.

Thats enough of that childish cock, switch off time.

What a waste of ten minutes.

:roll: Yes, some of the show is fan service and giving people what they want. It also is one of those unique shows where you can change your opinion of a character in an instant. The show does a decent job, and the books are even better. It's ok if it's not your cup of tea. But objectively, it is a unique cultural phenomenon. And simply, a good story.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:11 am 
Manager
Manager

Yeah, I get that, If enough people enjoy fantasy good for them.

Personally I just dont believe any of the characters and find the writing predictable. I suppose my mind is also constantly mocking the show so I'm best giving it a huge swerve.

Its the kind of shit I would reserve for CBeebies.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:34 am 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Episode one felt very slow paced and predictable, it was pretty much confirmation of what was hinted in the trailer. That said, I'm fully expecting the rest of the series to be pretty full on as there are less episodes. The first scene was VERY satisfying and I can't wait to see more of Euron Greyjoy. Ed Sheeran's cameo was pathetically out of place though. Cameos are great until they're practically shoved in your face.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Post Posted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:30 pm 
Wolves Reserve
Wolves Reserve

knocker knowles wrote:
I was looking online for new tv series late sunday night when I came across this rubbish.

Well I thought best give it another go, the crowd has gathered and speak highly of it.

Some joker had gathered his folk, and was offering them a round of drinks, now every fucker knows he is going to poison them right. gullible or what.

Then some childish philosophy again predictable when another bloke gain allegiance from two families that had previously fought against him. fucking yawn, cut their friggin throats man.

You're bored with an hour long tv show, yet you're happy trawling thru pages and pages of your labour garbage wondering how much to copy and paste to bore the bollocks off the rest of us..?

Post Posted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:02 pm 
Manager
Manager

DazDC5 wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:

You're bored with an hour long tv show, yet you're happy trawling thru pages and pages of your labour garbage wondering how much to copy and paste to bore the bollocks off the rest of us..?

Its worth remembering that I dont take politics into other parts of the forum which must be a godsend to some.
Especially on such a lightly regulated forum, personal disciplines apply.

Post Posted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:47 pm 
Manager
Manager

Cally wrote:
Episode one felt very slow paced and predictable, it was pretty much confirmation of what was hinted in the trailer. That said, I'm fully expecting the rest of the series to be pretty full on as there are less episodes. The first scene was VERY satisfying and I can't wait to see more of Euron Greyjoy. Ed Sheeran's cameo was pathetically out of place though. Cameos are great until they're practically shoved in your face.

Which character is he Cally? I get my second installment tomorrow (Monday) evening in Bulgaria when do you get yours?

Mark Twain

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl3PabIYDTl_WqVc4Aitv_g

https://twitter.com/wolf_moscow

Post Posted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:30 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Moscow Wolf wrote:
Cally wrote:

Which character is he Cally? I get my second installment tomorrow (Monday) evening in Bulgaria when do you get yours?

He was one of the Lannister soldiers that Ayra Stark comes across, he only has a couple of lines. Interestingly, Pete Postlethwaite's son (William) is in that scene as well.

The next episode in the U.K. is at 2am Monday morning so it airs at the same time as HBO. It's then shown again at 9pm so normal people who don't stay up late can watch it :lol:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Posted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:27 pm 
First XI
First XI

It was a very good episode!

Post Posted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:50 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

MichiganWolf wrote:
It really was, the final 10 minutes had me in pieces! Every single scene with Euron in has been absolutely amazing this series.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:00 pm 
Manager
Manager

Cally wrote:
MichiganWolf wrote:
It really was, the final 10 minutes had me in pieces! Every single scene with Euron in has been absolutely amazing this series.

One who has no Balls grew a pair and the one that has Balls and no cock, chickened out again. Fookin Greyjoys, there was an excellent Lesbian scene developing there only to be spoilt................. No more spoilers. :wink:

Mark Twain

Post Posted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:13 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Moscow Wolf wrote:
Cally wrote:
MichiganWolf wrote:

One who has no Balls grew a pair and the one that has Balls and no cock, chickened out again. Fookin Greyjoys, there was an excellent Lesbian scene developing there only to be spoilt................. No more spoilers. :wink:
No way, that scene was cringeworthy! Stuff like that doesn't bother me, but I was delighted when Uncle Euron turned up :lol: The 'foreign invasion' line.... Fucking hell :oops: :roll:

Post Posted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:20 pm 
Manager
Manager

Cally wrote:
No way, that scene was cringeworthy! Stuff like that doesn't bother me, but I was delighted when Uncle Euron turned up :lol: The 'foreign invasion' line.... Fucking hell :oops: :roll:

Well, YOU are now temporary Queen of the North. :wink:

Mark Twain

Post Posted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:26 pm 
Wolves Reserve
Wolves Reserve

Cally wrote:
Moscow Wolf wrote:
Cally wrote:

He was one of the Lannister soldiers that Ayra Stark comes across, he only has a couple of lines. Interestingly, Pete Postlethwaite's son (William) is in that scene as well.

The next episode in the U.K. is at 2am Monday morning so it airs at the same time as HBO. It's then shown again at 9pm so normal people who don't stay up late can watch it :lol:

And Shaun from This Is England :lol:

Post Posted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:52 am 
First XI
First XI

Best episode this season so far IMO

Post Posted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:26 am 
Manager
Manager

MichiganWolf wrote:

2100 hours Bulgarian time tonight!

Mark Twain

Post Posted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:23 am 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

I have no self-control and I read an episode summary earlier in the week, I can't wait to see it!

Post Posted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:18 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Olenna's scene was PERFECT.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:29 pm 
First XI
First XI

Cally wrote:

SPOILER for those that haven't seen it below:

Diana Rigg's my girl, sad to see her gone. But it was a great scene.

I think Tyrion is gonna start feeling the "heat" from the Mad Queen. But the Lannisters have awoken the dragon. There is nothing she can do now but wreck shit up.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:11 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

MichiganWolf wrote:
Cally wrote:

I think Tyrion is gonna start feeling the "heat" from the Mad Queen. But the Lannisters have awoken the dragon. There is nothing she can do now but wreck shit up.

Do you mean Dany when you say Mad Queen? I think that title is more suited to Cersei. It's all going too well for her at the moment, Dany needs to make a move to get some sort of advantage, I'm not sure what will happen with her & Jon as he seems more interested in fighting the white walkers.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:29 pm 
First XI
First XI

Cally wrote:
MichiganWolf wrote:
Cally wrote:

Do you mean Dany when you say Mad Queen? I think that title is more suited to Cersei. It's all going too well for her at the moment, Dany needs to make a move to get some sort of advantage, I'm not sure what will happen with her & Jon as he seems more interested in fighting the white walkers.

I am referring to Dany. Cersei is unhinged as well. But you can see Dany slowly losing control as she slowly loses a grip on gaining the throne.

Post subject: Game of Thrones
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:40 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

MichiganWolf wrote:
Cally wrote:
MichiganWolf wrote:
[quote="Cally"]Olenna's scene was PERFECT.

I am referring to Dany. Cersei is unhinged as well. But you can see Dany slowly losing control as she slowly loses a grip on gaining the throne.[/quote]

True, I've seen a trailer for the next episode and I think she's almost begging Jon for his help. I really hope she keeps her head in all this. Her father went mad because it was a trait that runs through the Targ line thanks to the inbreeding. I don't think she'll go the same way, but I can see her losing her composure. Cersei on the other hand seems to relish being cruel. She's got a very high opinion of herself and thinks she's cleverer than she is (this is really evident in the books anyway). Burning down the Sept to take out the Tyrells, inflicting horrible punishments on people (the stuff with the Sands is horrific!) and getting stupidly horny by it all (I'm sure Aegon was the same when he burned people?) I can totally see Jaimie becoming a queenslayer :lol:

Post Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:13 pm 
Manager
Manager

Moscow Wolf wrote:
MichiganWolf wrote:

You disappointed me there Michigan. I watched with baited breath for something ''outstanding'' to happen and it didn't. :lol:

I hadn't realised until reading the comments in here that the ''old lady'' was Diana Rigg. I used to get stiffies about her back in the day. Christ how we age. :(

Mark Twain

Post Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:33 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Legend. Image

Post Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:23 pm 
First XI
First XI

Cally wrote:

True, I've seen a trailer for the next episode and I think she's almost begging Jon for his help. I really hope she keeps her head in all this. Her father went mad because it was a trait that runs through the Targ line thanks to the inbreeding. I don't think she'll go the same way, but I can see her losing her composure. Cersei on the other hand seems to relish being cruel. She's got a very high opinion of herself and thinks she's cleverer than she is (this is really evident in the books anyway). Burning down the Sept to take out the Tyrells, inflicting horrible punishments on people (the stuff with the Sands is horrific!) and getting stupidly horny by it all (I'm sure Aegon was the same when he burned people?) I can totally see Jaimie becoming a queenslayer :lol:

I have been re-reading the books this summer and am currently on Feast for Crows, where Cersei is a POV character for the first time. Hilarious when you get to read her inner dialogue. Especially when I know what's coming.

Things are going so fast this season. I can look past the time warps the characters are stepping through in terms of travel because we know the show is just trying to speed things up. Going to be an exciting finish and after next week, we'll already be halfway through!

Post Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:26 pm 
Manager
Manager

Cally wrote:
Legend. Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Naughty, now you've sent the thread into next door's garden. :lol:

I wonder IF she will come back from the dead to ''avenge'' us!

Mark Twain

Post Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:11 pm 
First XI
First XI

Moscow Wolf wrote:
Moscow Wolf wrote:
MichiganWolf wrote:

You disappointed me there Michigan. I watched with baited breath for something ''outstanding'' to happen and it didn't. :lol:

I hadn't realised until reading the comments in here that the ''old lady'' was Diana Rigg. I used to get stiffies about her back in the day. Christ how we age. :(

I was watching the show at my parents house one time with my younger sister and my dad, who has never seen one minute of the show or even heard of it, walked in on a scene with the Queen of Thorns and instantly recognized her as Diana Rigg. I was pretty impressed considering the last time he had seen her on screen was in the 70s. And since she has the headdress that covers her hair and all.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:36 am 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

I think it's all setting up for one of the dragons to die this series and becom zombie dragon

Prediction League 2012-2013 Winner
World Cup 2014 Prediction League Winner

Post Posted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:40 pm 
First XI
First XI

Muz wrote:
I think it's all setting up for one of the dragons to die this series and becom zombie dragon

Yep. I doubt all three survive. It would be too easy. However, there are some that believe that there is an ice dragon frozen in The Wall, awaiting to be awoken by the Horn of Joramun or the Night King. And some think that Bran will warg into a dragon at some point.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:16 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

MichiganWolf wrote:
Muz wrote:

Yep. I doubt all three survive. It would be too easy. However, there are some that believe that there is an ice dragon frozen in The Wall, awaiting to be awoken by the Horn of Joramun or the Night King. And some think that Bran will warg into a dragon at some point.

I've seen a few posters online which hint to those things too, not sure if they're genuine or fan made though.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 350 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » Music, Movies, TV, Gaming and Literature