Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » Music, Movies, TV, Gaming and Literature




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 

Share On:

Author Message
 Post subject: Stand ups.
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:29 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:19 am
Posts: 25232
Location: Cannock.
A mate passed me Micky Flanagan live at Southend.

Didn't think I would like him, but laugh, I couldn't stop.

Who do you watch?

_________________
For some of us life is not about self interest.


Top 
 Profile  
 
Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post subject: Re: Stand ups.
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:37 pm 
Offline
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2004 11:55 pm
Posts: 18830
Without doubt Peter Kay is up there, and my old favourite Frank Skinner who I shall be seeing again this year.
Stand ups, apart from Jimmy Carr avoid trying to upset people nowadays which is not the point of comedy, comedy should not be safe, comedy should be raging and quick and thoughtful and unafraid to break taboos and boundaries, that said, Frankie Boyle really gets on my tits so what the fuck do I know, I know what makes me laugh though.

ironically, one of the most likeable and funny and engaging posters that has ever been on this site was in the Express and Star yesterday.... https://www.expressandstar.com/news/cri ... ns-killer/

Any of you older posters who can remember J.A.C.K.? I think he had a pig with wings as his avatar, nice lad, total fuckwit though :mrgreen: , never heard of Mr Powndland.

_________________
There is no substitute for hard work.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Stand ups.
 Post Posted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:39 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:38 am
Posts: 17103
Location: Moved
Being the diverse Woke that I am, I loved Dave Allen ( Irish ) Spike Milligan ( Indian British with Irish passport ) and The Big Yin.

_________________
Dyslexics lives mattress


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Stand ups.
 Post Posted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:52 am 
Offline
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2006 6:09 pm
Posts: 21450
Location: Four Oaks
Rozza wrote:

Any of you older posters who can remember J.A.C.K.? I think he had a pig with wings as his avatar, nice lad, total fuckwit though :mrgreen: , never heard of Mr Powndland.


Yes Rozza, I remember J.A.C.K. well. Pity he disappeared from here.

_________________
The next level awaits - Champions League or, err, Championship


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Stand ups.
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:00 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:59 pm
Posts: 19204
Location: WV4 and WL4
Roy Chubby Brown was top drawer in his pomp, in the 80s, sharp and funny as fuck. If you get chance, seek out some of his early gigs, brilliant. Sadly in the later years he'd lost it and just did crude.

Saw Jim Davidson at the Civic, and he was shit, and finished the show singing songs like he was some sort of crooner. Thankfully I was pissed.

I took The Wench to see Stuart Francis at the old Odeon up Wolvo this year, and he was very funny, if you like puns, a la Tim Vine.

We actually saw Harry Hill at the Civic many moons ago, and he was great in a unique irreverent way.

Stuart Lee puts on a great show if you like cutting sattire, saw him at the Brum Symphony Hall.

I'll try and catch a Jim Jefferies show at some point...

_________________
Thank you very much for Stevie Bull. Thank you very much, thank you very, very, very much.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Stand ups.
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:33 pm 
Offline
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2004 11:55 pm
Posts: 18830
Embers wrote:
Roy Chubby Brown was top drawer in his pomp, in the 80s, sharp and funny as fuck. If you get chance, seek out some of his early gigs, brilliant. Sadly in the later years he'd lost it and just did crude.


Chubbs was brilliant, imagine having the League of Gentlemen as a veiled tribute to you!

One of my very faves of Chubby was when he went to the doctors complaining of stomach ache. The doctor asked him what he ate normally, Chubby then did a dialogue of five minutes regarding the amount of scran he ate in a day.
The Doctor reflected on what he said then opined, "Well Mr Brown, I have the answer to your digestive problems, you only have the one fuckin arse"

_________________
There is no substitute for hard work.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Stand ups.
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:51 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:59 pm
Posts: 19204
Location: WV4 and WL4
Rozza wrote:
Embers wrote:
Roy Chubby Brown was top drawer in his pomp, in the 80s, sharp and funny as fuck. If you get chance, seek out some of his early gigs, brilliant. Sadly in the later years he'd lost it and just did crude.


Chubbs was brilliant, imagine having the League of Gentlemen as a veiled tribute to you!

One of my very faves of Chubby was when he went to the doctors complaining of stomach ache. The doctor asked him what he ate normally, Chubby then did a dialogue of five minutes regarding the amount of scran he ate in a day.
The Doctor reflected on what he said then opined, "Well Mr Brown, I have the answer to your digestive problems, you only have the one fuckin arse"


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fd1vsTl6rvw&t=2s before he decided to change tack.

One of my favourite Cubbs gags was when he was getting fruity with a bird and she says that she's had the coil fitted, to which he replies "By the size of it, you could have had carpets fitted"

_________________
Thank you very much for Stevie Bull. Thank you very much, thank you very, very, very much.


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » Music, Movies, TV, Gaming and Literature


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

 
 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

The Wolf will always be free to its members, but if you feel you would like to contribute towards the running costs, than please feel free to donate.

 

 

Disclaimer : This forum is for the general discussion/topic of Wolverhampton Wanderers. What is said within the forum is personal opinions, and The Wolf will not be held responsible. Your ip is logged for security reasons. The forum is viewable by the public and any topics you disclose/discuss can be viewed by the public. Some topics on this forum may only be suitable for those aged 18+.