Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » MEMBERS LOUNGE » Nutty & Kat's Counsel House

Share On:

Post subject: Child Abuse
 Post Posted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:52 pm 
Wolves Reserve
Wolves Reserve

I want to know if I was abused as a child, and if so can I sue my parents?

Lived for 6 years in Great Bridge (deep shit country), then moved to Ocker Hill (still shit country, just not as deep). At the age of about 10, all my mates had "Johnny 7's" for Christmas; I had a cheap "Tommy gun" from Wendsbury market that broke when I tried to break a cardboard box with it.

At secondry school (Willingsworth High) I was forced to wear a pair of Winfield's finest "pumps" for PE while my mates all had Addidas, they also had the Addidas bag while I had a carrier bag from ASDA (mind you I was still good enough for the West Brom schoolboy team).

SteveT

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 7:56 am 
Manager
Manager

You've definitely been scarred for life, Steve. :roll:

Mind you, I had Winfield pumps, as well. :wink:

The Liquidator... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m0yny9f0MY&NR=1

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 8:13 am 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

SELWolf wrote:

What's wrong with Winfield pumps ?? :lol: As for the rest though - severe case of abuse, probably worth millions if you get the right solicitor.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:11 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Left back wrote:
SELWolf wrote:

What's wrong with Winfield pumps ?? :lol: As for the rest though - severe case of abuse, probably worth millions if you get the right solicitor.

Hahaha, i can just imagine you sat there in your pumps now. :lol: :wink:

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:20 pm 
Most Successful Thrush Thrasher

Jeez Mr T.....you've caught me at one of my more sensitive times...... :?

I spent yesterday with a 19 year old client who had been sexually abused by her grandfather and father from the age of 6 to 15.........Her mother knew about it.

This family is no un-educated, lower class, living in the slums family....both parents are professionals.......

I held that beautiful, poor girls hand yesterday as she died fom an overdose, absolutely distraught that I couldn't help.........

I know your thread isn't in any way intended to minimise the impact child abuse can have on people, but I guess its just something to be aware of as we post.

As I said, you've caught me at a reflective time.........

And no you wasn't abused........cos only posh folk had an ASDA bag when I was a kid..... :wink:

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 1:32 pm 
Manager
Manager

nuttymate wrote:
Jeez Mr T.....you've caught me at one of my more sensitive times...... :?

I spent yesterday with a 19 year old client who had been sexually abused by her grandfather and father from the age of 6 to 15.........Her mother knew about it.

This family is no un-educated, lower class, living in the slums family....both parents are professionals.......

I held that beautiful, poor girls hand yesterday as she died fom an overdose, absolutely distraught that I couldn't help.........

I know your thread isn't in any way intended to minimise the impact child abuse can have on people, but I guess its just something to be aware of as we post.

As I said, you've caught me at a reflective time.........

And no you wasn't abused........cos only posh folk had an ASDA bag when I was a kid..... :wink:

Jesus thats deep Nutty its a sick world we live in. How do the rest of the family cope with that?

I dont know how anyone can stand by and let something like that go on, especially to her own child.

I have a twelve year old little sister and the thought of me finding out anything like that cripples me.

My heart goes out to you being put in that position and that poor girl, 6 years old when it all started just a fucking baby for christs sake. Poor girl, I hope she is healing in heaven now waiting for her chance to come back and live a full and fruitfull life.

Dont beat yourself up, the damage was already done before you even knew she existed, for you to think that you can help heal some of the damage done is human and not in a disrespectfull way perhaps naive, for you to want to help is truely admirable.

My respect and love Carol

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 1:49 pm 

I wasn't going to dwell on this today, but I'll respond after all.....

Don't forget, I wasn't 'put' in that position....I choose to do this job, and being with people in their moments of despair is part of it.

Yes, the damage was already done......but sometimes people can heal with the right support and therapy. I am always in awe of such people who have the strength to overcome such trauma, but it happens....

As for my naivety...? Yes, you're right.......But without my naivety I'm not sure I would be able to do the job.....I would turn into a cynical type who'd think no-one was worth the effort.....

I like to think people support people, to heal themselves. And if we offer folk the right 'environment' to do this, it can work.........

HOWEVER......at the end of the day, everyone is responsible for their own actions.....but that will not stop me from thinking if I could have done more, or something different. Its how we grow and learn.......

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 1:54 pm 
Manager
Manager

You have my respect Carole I didnt mean to sound like I was belittling you in anyway when I said naive. I only mean that we are all the same, its human nature to think we can help a lot of the times we can but I suppose there are cases like this where there isnt much that you can do.

Not only do you want to help people you actually go out and do it everyday.

Gods gonna give you some wings someday :wink:

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 2:43 pm 

Who says I'm going to heaven? :wink:

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 8:58 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Nutty you are beautiful person inside and out, I am sure all of our wolf members would agree with me :D

Female with a kat o nine tails ~~~~ be warned

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:21 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Location: Shell Corner, Blackheath, Dudley, Black Country, England. :-)
Yeah nice one Nutster..............I have a cousin who supports abuse victims, and some of the stories he has told me are horrendous. Credit to you for the vocation you have chosen, I know I couldn't do it, in fact I don't know how you do it, but I'm just thankful that there are people like you around to help those abused and in despair. Nice one. :wink:

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:29 pm 
Wolves Reserve
Wolves Reserve

Nutts, you're quite right, my post wasn't in any way intending to minimise such a despicable crime.

But I'm sure you understand, as someone who deals with this type of thing week in week out you do tend to develop a dark sense of humour. And although I'm not dealing with the more horrendous side of life in my paid work, I do voluntary work at evenings and weekends where, some of the things I see wouldn't get past the film sensors.

It is seeing this that "hardens" you to the shit that life throws up - and not necessarily in the first person - at people, and I thinkk it is safe to say that one can develop a "sick" sense of humour.

SteveT

P.S. My carrier bag was one we found in the street.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:38 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

SteveT wrote:
Nutts, you're quite right, my post wasn't in any way intending to minimise such a despicable crime.

But I'm sure you understand, as someone who deals with this type of thing week in week out you do tend to develop a dark sense of humour. And although I'm not dealing with the more horrendous side of life in my paid work, I do voluntary work at evenings and weekends where, some of the things I see wouldn't get past the film sensors.

It is seeing this that "hardens" you to the shit that life throws up - and not necessarily in the first person - at people, and I thinkk it is safe to say that one can develop a "sick" sense of humour.

SteveT

P.S. My carrier bag was one we found in the street.

Luxury.

Post subject: Re: Child Abuse
 Post Posted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 8:02 am 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

SteveT wrote:
I want to know if I was abused as a child, and if so can I sue my parents?

Lived for 6 years in Great Bridge (deep shit country), then moved to Ocker Hill (still shit country, just not as deep). At the age of about 10, all my mates had "Johnny 7's" for Christmas; I had a cheap "Tommy gun" from Wendsbury market that broke when I tried to break a cardboard box with it.

At secondry school (Willingsworth High) I was forced to wear a pair of Winfield's finest "pumps" for PE while my mates all had Addidas, they also had the Addidas bag while I had a carrier bag from ASDA (mind you I was still good enough for the West Brom schoolboy team)then they FCUKED ME OFF

yours sincerely.

STEVE BULL

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 9:11 pm 
Wolves Reserve
Wolves Reserve

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

SteveT

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:34 am 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

SteveT wrote:

Anyone who knew SteveT as a kld will confirm...he Needed fuckin!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 1:28 pm 
Wolves Reserve
Wolves Reserve

rossbiff wrote:
Anyone who knew SteveT as a kld will confirm...he Needed fuckin!

Still does (just not as often these days :wink:

SteveT

Board index » MEMBERS LOUNGE » Nutty & Kat's Counsel House