Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » MEMBERS LOUNGE » Nutty & Kat's Counsel House

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Share On:

Post subject: Re: terminal cancer
 Post Posted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:29 pm 
Manager
Manager

had my first 25.000 shot of ipi yesterday and no reaction which might of happened in the first 15 minutes and so far no severe side effects and no mild one. all going well thus far but its early days for reaction.

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post Posted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:04 pm 
Manager
Manager

Moscow Wolf wrote:
wwfcpogue wrote:

Probably not the question you need right now or could answer, but WHY do these drugs COST the NHS so much money?

Because Drug companies pump millions in to researching, creating, developing, reviewing new drugs before they are even available, someone has to pay for them.

However its one thing I love about England, our NHS, it is the one thing that should always be ring fenced for protection from cuts.

Hope the treatment goes well Pogue

Post Posted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:47 am 
Manager
Manager

Northampton_Wolf wrote:
Moscow Wolf wrote:
wwfcpogue wrote:

Probably not the question you need right now or could answer, but WHY do these drugs COST the NHS so much money?

Because Drug companies pump millions in to researching, creating, developing, reviewing new drugs before they are even available, someone has to pay for them.

However its one thing I love about England, our NHS, it is the one thing that should always be ring fenced for protection from cuts.

Hope the treatment goes well Pogue

At the same time though, these Pharmaceutical Companies are nearly all PLC's and rake in very healthy profits for their shareholders or am I wrong on this score?

Mark Twain

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl3PabIYDTl_WqVc4Aitv_g

https://twitter.com/wolf_moscow

Post Posted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:06 am 
Manager
Manager

wwfcpogue wrote:
had my first 25.000 shot of ipi yesterday and no reaction which might of happened in the first 15 minutes and so far no severe side effects and no mild one. all going well thus far but its early days for reaction.

Nice one Pogue.
I had a severe side effect to the wifes home made lasagne so you doing better than me :lol:

Post Posted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:58 pm 
Bus Rider
Bus Rider

have just stumbled across this thread and it has been really tough reading.
I personally have only ever seen you pogue a few times in the spoons before games and only ever spoke to you once and that was very brief but I sincerely wish you all the best and hope you can achieve everything you want to.
I rarely get moved by things not involving family or very close friends but this is something else,its not a faceless blog written by someone just for a reaction,its real life,and real life sucks.......

Post Posted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:31 am 
Manager
Manager

im doing a daily blog on fb to raise awareness heres a sample from yesterday

part 44 2 am thought id be smart and stay up 23 hrs till midnight to hopefuly sleep through most of the darkness hours ,epic fail hello darkness my old friend ive come to talk to you again. ok its sinking in my life as I knew it as gone I will never be the old me the rest of my days are something causing much anxiety to myself and my closest I fear for one person this journey may be a step to far. saturday brings me going back to the wolves to see a game [thank you wolves] this is now seen as my last visit as we are coming up to the winter months and cannot see myself well enough to go out in freezing conditions but ill go now and take a good look around the molineux and remember the first time I went there back in the 1950's. I'm not afraid of being dead. I'm just afraid of what you might have to go through to get there. being positive the best way to cope with change is to lead it. now my driving license as been surrendered I can now apply for a medical travel pass for buses ,metro and trains and will use this to get out during the week to keep me active during the winter and to be able to go to the hospital on my own directly without others having to put themselves out although my wife as been granted as much time out as is needed by the nhs but id prefer her to stay at work as its good respite for her. feeling ok again today nothing to report as regards side effects but im told these may not start for a few months.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:12 am 
Manager
Manager

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/healt ... n-NHS.html

Post Posted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:23 am 
Manager
Manager

wwfcpogue wrote:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/healthnews/10896125/Skin-cancer-drug-that-can-extend-patients-life-is-recommended-for-use-on-NHS.html

That reads positive - hope it is introduced asap.

Mark Twain

Post Posted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:33 am 
Manager
Manager

im on it now mate

Post Posted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:27 pm 
Manager
Manager

wwfcpogue wrote:
im on it now mate

Well, I hope it gives you another 10 years also and by then, perhaps a complete cure will have been discovered. You have to have hope as without it, all is lost.

Mark Twain

Post Posted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:58 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

wwfcpogue wrote:
im on it now mate

You might get to see us win the F.A. Cup after all poguey.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:00 pm 
Manager
Manager

Gives us all a little perspective doesn't it. Thanks Pogue, I think I might be getting a little closer to understanding bravery.

Humbled by the courage.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:30 pm 
Manager
Manager

Rozza wrote:
wwfcpogue wrote:
im on it now mate

You're taking the pi$$ here Roz, there are wonder drugs that can cure illness, but there ain't no miracle drug that can result in Wolves winning the FA Cup - well, not in our lifetime. :wink:

Mark Twain

Post Posted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:19 am 
Manager
Manager

Moscow Wolf wrote:
Rozza wrote:
wwfcpogue wrote:
im on it now mate

You're taking the pi$$ here Roz, there are wonder drugs that can cure illness, but there ain't no miracle drug that can result in Wolves winning the FA Cup - well, not in our lifetime. :wink:

Compare it to the hospital sending in the porter and the canteen girl to sort Pogue out with his drugs,they may wing it and get it right on the odd occassion but more often than not they will fuck it up.Pick the first team to give yourself a chance :wink:

Post Posted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:10 pm 
Manager
Manager

Any news of Pogue and the treatment?

Mark Twain

Post Posted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:25 pm 
Manager
Manager

hi, im half way through treatment now and side effects have kicked in big time. I have no energy, feeling total crap but im back on hydro cortisone steroids which as picked me up a little but still not good ive spent the last 3 weeks mainly in bed its too much effort to get up, the feeling I have is when you have full blown flu coming on all you want to do is lie in bed that's how I feel. got the funeral directors coming to see on Tuesday so I can tie up the final act.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:36 pm 
Manager
Manager

wwfcpogue wrote:
hi, im half way through treatment now and side effects have kicked in big time. I have no energy, feeling total crap but im back on hydro cortisone steroids which as picked me up a little but still not good ive spent the last 3 weeks mainly in bed its too much effort to get up, the feeling I have is when you have full blown flu coming on all you want to do is lie in bed that's how I feel. got the funeral directors coming to see on Tuesday so I can tie up the final act.

Bloody Hell Pogue, respect; you said that so nonchalantly like someone would say, 'I've got the decorators coming around on Tuesday'. 8)

I think it is the right thing to do, but hope you won't be needing their services for many years to come. Keep fighting.

Mark Twain

Post Posted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:47 pm 
Manager
Manager

im doing a pre paid funeral plan im amazed at the cost of burning a body and all the add ons but if that's it I cannot complain. being cremated ive opted for a simple coofin but it will have quite a few wolves stickers n stuff on it sadly the nearest crem is just down and in ear shot of the hawthorns in Sandwell valley but it is a very peaceful spot,im not staying there though as my ashes will be kept by my wife at the side of her bed,just one thing then is to sort out a memorial brick at the wolves, im being cremated in a wolves shirt too.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:42 pm 
Manager
Manager

wwfcpogue wrote:
im doing a pre paid funeral plan im amazed at the cost of burning a body and all the add ons but if that's it I cannot complain. being cremated ive opted for a simple coofin but it will have quite a few wolves stickers n stuff on it sadly the nearest crem is just down and in ear shot of the hawthorns in Sandwell valley but it is a very peaceful spot,im not staying there though as my ashes will be kept by my wife at the side of her bed,just one thing then is to sort out a memorial brick at the wolves, im being cremated in a wolves shirt too.

Know Sandwell valley crem well,it's a nice spot.Keep up the treatment Pogue.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:24 am 
Manager
Manager

wwfcpogue wrote:

You and the Oxo woman are the new wave mate. Staring it squarely in the eye, chin-up and fighting it without a moan.

I hope I have your strength and courage...............Inspirational the pair of you

Post Posted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:27 pm 
Manager
Manager

thanks to all for your comments guys its really appreciated ,im in no way in the same wave as lynda Bellingham though. life is pleasant death is peaceful ,its the transition which isn't good.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:54 pm 
Manager
Manager

wwfcpogue wrote:
thanks to all for your comments guys its really appreciated ,im in no way in the same wave as lynda Bellingham though. life is pleasant death is peaceful ,its the transition which isn't good.

alrite bud. im a bit lost for words to be honest mate.

I take it the treatment aint going as we all hoped then?

www.vwcaddy.com

Post Posted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:35 pm 
Manager
Manager

ive been told that the worse you are during treatment the better. this drug im on does give life threatning side effects so what im having is not so bad but never the less still nasty. the whole aim of this treatment is to extend my life expectancy not save it. I aim to keep fighting but am getting fed up of going to the QE every week for tests and treatments etc ,but hey ho it as to be done I guess or curl up and die?

Post Posted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:01 pm 
Manager
Manager

wwfcpogue wrote:
ive been told that the worse you are during treatment the better. this drug im on does give life threatning side effects so what im having is not so bad but never the less still nasty. the whole aim of this treatment is to extend my life expectancy not save it. I aim to keep fighting but am getting fed up of going to the QE every week for tests and treatments etc ,but hey ho it as to be done I guess or curl up and die?

nah you cant do that mate! you have to do what you can.

I have many experiences of going to the QE, with a pregnant wife/Girlfriend we always needed to go every 2 weeks whilst she was pregnant.

it is shit feeling shit tho mate, I hope your getting to watch the footy!

I hope your wife and family are ok bud.

www.vwcaddy.com

Post Posted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:49 pm 
Manager
Manager

not seeing the games but my wife and granddaughter are keeping it up, they have tickets for the blues game.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:30 am 
Manager
Manager

update. readmitted to hospital on sunday with brain swelling in severe pain. cyber knife treatment as not worked as the brain tumour as got larger ,back on steroids to stop brain swelling any further. awaiting decisions from consultants to see what treatment is next if any? talking of surgery now.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:20 am 
Manager
Manager

hope the steroids are making you feel better mate.

let me know what the doc says tho bud.

www.vwcaddy.com

Post Posted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:52 am 
Manager
Manager

In all our thoughts mate.........keep the faith

Post Posted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:35 am 
Manager
Manager

still in hospital and bad news,the drug im on as not worked tumours have increased and others have got larger. starting a new drug as soon as im well enough.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:21 pm 
Bus Rider
Bus Rider

keep fighting,the days may be dark and painful but you need to keep going.
nobody on here knows what its like going through what your going through but everyone is behind you wishing you well.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » MEMBERS LOUNGE » Nutty & Kat's Counsel House